Help: UI Release: Bug/Crash Report Thread

Status
Cant assign left shift as move up

Go to Options > Interface and toggle modifier buttons off. You can then assign shift and ctrl however you want, but you cannot use modifier buttons.

Bug Report
  • Title: Shift modifiers return after relog and default keys overriding action bar assignments
  • Date Found: 22-Feb-2024
Description:
  • Expected: Keybinds stay as previously selected
  • Actual: Default keybinds are restored on login, overwriting existing assignments (and leaving multiple actions bound to the same key).
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Assign Action Bar 4 slot 1 to T key and unbind teleport
  2. Relog
  3. Teleport reverted to T and Action bar 4 slot 1 also bound to T.
Other bug:

1. Disable shift modifiers (and note that all shift keybinds are removed from the action bars).
  2. Relog
  3. Notice that all the shift+control keybinds are back assigned to the action bars 2+3

Bug Report

• Title: Oil residue
  • Date Found: 22/02/2024
Description:

• Expected: Use oil residue to craft an item.
  • Actual: Doesnt consume any res in the process.
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Sellect item to craft.
  2. "Use residue" > "Oil residue"
  3. See how it ignores everything and gives you a low tt item.

Bug Report
  • Title: Message center does not close on hotkey
  • Date Found: 02/22/2024
Description:
  • Expected: When i open the message center via hotkey and press the hotkey again, i expect it to close
  • Actual: message center stays visible
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open the message center via hotkey
  2. Press the hotkey again

Bug Report
  • Title: Auto-use weapon does not stop when mob dead
  • Date Found: time of writing
Description:
  • Expected: Auto-use weapon to stop when mob dead
  • Actual: As title says; tested both in an instance where auto-loot is enabled (Cyrene Hunter Cavern) and regular surface spawn. Not tested with other tools/activities like extracting mining claims, but presumably it would behave in the same way. I also used to be able to loot the mob with the same key (auto-use), now it only works with the single interaction key.

Bug Report
  • Title: Message Center blocks the game when cursor is hidden, not able to recover controls
  • Date Found: 02/22/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Message Center can be closed at any time
  • Actual: When opening Message Center via hotkey while the cursor is hidden, i cannot close it anymore, cannot move, cannot use cursor until i force close the game. Only camera movement works, nothing else, no escape button, only ALT+F4.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Hide your cursor
  2. Open Message Center via hotkey
  3. try to do anything

Bug Report

• Title: Auction search broken
Description:

• Expected: Remove search input, hit refresh and see all items again
  • Actual: Hit refresh after removing search input and stay stuck on the same search, and clicking a category the item is not in will yield a blank page
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Search for specific item
  2. Delete the search
  3. Hit refresh
  4. Notice that you cant see any item but the one you did a search for
  5. Close and open auctioneer to see all items again and find it broken the second you do a search.
....:rolleyes:

Bug Report
  1. Fixed already. It is impossible to use residue in crafting to fill the items. Since it is impossible to put a checkplace on the use of residue.
  2. Fixed already. In the “My Offers” tab at the auction, a maximum of 26 lines instead of 30. (In fact, 30 are actually available, but 4 of them are not displayed).
  3. My bad. In fact, it is possible to copy if open a letter in a separate window. It is impossible to copy the text from the Mails. Since it is impossible to mark the text there.
  4. Not fixed. There is no opportunity to leaf through the pages in the "Message Center", in Auctions, Notes, Mail, etc. The lower part of the "Message Center" window (where there used to be control elements for page leaflets) transparent to press the cursor. Through the window, what is outside this window is pressed.
    I added screenshots to make it more clear. You recommended saving information from notes in the mail. I did it. And also parallelly updated information in many old notes. It played a cruel joke. Now I do not have access to all actual relevant correspondence and important notes, because they went to the next pages, there is NO ACCESS after VU. On the last screenshot it is clear that the lower part of the window is transparent to the cursor - a hint from the control element behind the window pops up.
index.php

index.php

index.php

I apologize for not reading all has already been written. And also has not yet checked new controls.
The following bugs were noticed in the first minutes of familiarization.

Bug Report
  1. It is impossible to use residue in crafting to fill the items. Since it is impossible to put a checkplace on the use of residue.
  2. In the “My Offers” tab at the auction, a maximum of 26 lines instead of 30. (In fact, 30 are actually available, but 4 of them are not displayed).
  3. There is no opportunity to leaf through the pages in the "Message Center", in Auctions, Notes, Mail, etc. The lower part of the "Message Center" window (where there used to be control elements for page leaflets) transparent to press the cursor. Through the window, what is outside this window is pressed.
  4. It is impossible to copy the text from the Mails. Since it is impossible to mark the text there.

• Date Found: Directly after VU 18.0.0
Description:
  • Expected: Obviously from the report.
  • Actual: Obviously from the report.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Obviously from the report.

Bug Report

• Title: [Interact/Auto-use tool failure]
  • Date Found: [2024-02-21]
Description:

• Expected: [Pressing interact button or pressing the key set to interact or auto use tool (after locking to target) should move my avatar close to mob to my weapons max range, then start attacking the mob.]
  • Actual: [Using interact or combination of lock target + auto-use tool results it it only working if you are MUCH closer than your weapons max range, like the mob needs to be almost right next to you or infront of you.]
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Take a regular handgun 30m range or similar
  2. Stand away from mob higher than your weapons range then try to interact or use lock target then auto use tool
  3. Will fail to move to target and attack, it's like it ("thinks" about trying it, but never goes anywhere).
  4. Also movement keys (including move forward etc rotate, and look up and down fails when using mouse on an action (except auto move).
  5. It baffles me how an UI update could affect something related to camera and control system but it's you guys! :p

Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

I also have this issue as well, but it looks like interact/move to target works at first login - clicking tp, terminals, shooting mobs, etc...

but

Something breaks after x amount of time/hunting and I see the same issue described above.

Feedback
  • Title: loosing chat focus
Description:
  • Current: when in my society chan chaty, pressing enter to discuss strikes me back automatically to my maion chat window
  • Suggested: make sure we stay in the chat window we are in when pressing enter and not being redirected to any other chat page.
  • Reason: BECAUSE THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD WORK !!!!!
Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

Overall : experiencing a lot of CTD....an acronym I didnt write since back in Project Entropia times....and this is despite high end CPU and decent overall config.

Bug Report
  • Copy Item Link Button Not Working in Auction House Orders
  • 02/22/2024
Description:
  • The "Copy Item Link" button within the item info window is not functioning when said item is accessed through orders in the Auction House. This prevents users from easily copying item links for items listed in the Auction House orders.
  • Expected: The "Copy Item Link" button should generate a usable item link when clicked in the item info window, regardless of whether the item info is accessed through regular inventory or through orders in the Auction House.
  • Actual: When attempting to use the "Copy Item Link" button within the item info window accessed through Auction House orders, the button does not generate a usable item link.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Access the Auction House.
  2. Browse available orders and select an order.
  3. Click on item info.
  4. Attempt to use the "Copy Item Link" button within the item info window.
  5. Notice that the button does not generate a usable item link.
  6. Confirm by attempting to paste the copied link elsewhere, observing that no link is pasted.

Bug Report
  • Title: Default Key bindings are reset after relog
  • Date Found: 02/21/2024
Description:
  • Expected: I change some of the default key bindings to my own.
  • Actual: After a relog all(?) default key bindings are restored.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Change a default key binding to something else
  2. Relog
  3. The default key binding is back :-(
My wife and I are also having this problem, we have separate computers, one old and one new using a router and always use the ESC key to log out.

Bug Report
  • Title: Icons Missing From Crafting Windows
Description:
  • Expected: Icons showing on Crafting Window Lines
  • Actual: Missing Icons from Crafting Window. Only a grey icon visible on each icon
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Crafting Explosive Projectiles 1 BP
  2. Every time a symbol appears, only a grey square icon is shown

Bug Report
  • Title: Tab in Chat to search for players using /w "Name" <hit tab, show list of players named "Name" without double quotation marks >
  • Date Found: [02/22/2024
Description:
  • Expected: I expect a list to open with names of players in chat
  • Actual: The list opens, but my keybind on Tab is also used outside of chat, in this case: change camera mode... my camera zooms in and out every time i hit tab in chat, this did not happen in the old UI even though my keybind was the same.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Write /w Name Name
  2. Make sure Tab is keybound to something, lets say, equip or shoot a weapon, Hit tab to open name list
  3. Name list opens, Gun fires / uses your keybind. Chat is not "in focus", keybinds are used outside of chat.
(Add as many steps as required to give clear instructions on how to reproduce the bug)

Video of bug

@Ludvig|MindArk - any hot fixes coming today?!?

There was one earlier today (around 3 hours ago) which contained;

- Crafting residue fix
- Message center pages fix
- Some color changes for names and items in chat

We're also aiming to get one more hotfix out today.

Feedback
  • Title: Teleports list do not open when navigator using smallest window option and when actual teleport is activated
Description:
  • Current: Missing teleports list on teleport activation
  • Suggested: Show teleport list and maybe resize to medium size window when teleport is activated (as it was previously)
  • Reason: Smallest navigator window is unusable atm

- Crafting residue fix

Please prioritize game breaking bugs for now. Like interact failure bug I reported. Many users are having the same issue.
I havent hunted properly since the VU because of it.

Please prioritize game breaking bugs for now. Like interact failure bug I reported. Many users are having the same issue.
I havent hunted properly since the VU because of it.
Crafting Residue was literally game breaking.

- Crafting residue fix

Include save keybindings !!! this huge !!

Bug Report

• Title: AutoRun not working
Description:

• Expected: Assign AutoRun to Action bar position - when pressed avatar should run in direction of camera
  • Actual: Not working - pressing assigned key for Auto Run/Move - nothing happens

Bug Report

• Title: Auto interact/move to item not working
Description:

• Expected: Right clicking on terminal, dead mob etc should move you to the mob/terminal etc and interact.
  • Actual: Not working. Nothing happens

Bug Report

• Title: Auto interact/move to item not working
Description:

• Expected: Right clicking on terminal, dead mob etc should move you to the mob/terminal etc and interact.
  • Actual: Not working. Nothing happens

Do you have the "Left Mouse Button Interacts" under Options > Gameplay toggled on or off?

Do you have the "Left Mouse Button Interacts" under Options > Gameplay toggled on or off?

Even when I turned it on, it doesn't work on claims needer.
I need to left click to start drilling and then push auto tool + keep my cursor over the claim.
If I do not keep the cursor over the claim, it doesn't work.

Bug Report
  • Title: Certain actions do not work at all when clicking them on action bar
  • Date Found: 02/21/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Actions to work after clicking
  • Actual: Nothing
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Click Rotate Left - Nothing happens
  2. Click Rotate Right - Nothing happens
  3. Click Use Look Up - Nothing happens
  4. Click Use Look Down - Nothing happens
  5. Click Use Jump/Move Up - Nothing happens
  6. Click Move Down - Nothing happens
  7. Click Move Left - Nothing happens
  8. Click Move Right - Nothing happens
All actions bound to a spot on a action bar. I tried adding keybinds, but that didn't work (other commands/tools work w/o binding)
I just saw an earlier post... all functions above work in the action library, don't work when attached to an action bar!!

PS - Need more toolbars if we can't place anything anywhere!!

index.php
Small update to this topic
Since shift and ctrl binding get reset/turned back on after login - some of my movement keys are bound to action bars 2 and 3:
The shift+# input actual executes the movement commands when corresponding key press is done (action bar 2)
Ctrl+# doesn’t now works too? (action bar 3)
Mouse click still doesn’t work for any of them
Hopefully this helps

Last edited:
Hiya Ludvig - thought of that and tried with both on or off. Also I used to use the right mouse button, not the left to interact and run to the thing I had clicked on to use it or loot it..

Even when I turned it on, it doesn't work on claims needer.
I need to left click to start drilling and then push auto tool + keep my cursor over the claim.
If I do not keep the cursor over the claim, it doesn't work.

Hiya Ludvig - thought of that and tried with both on or off. Also I used to use the right mouse button, not the left to interact and run to the thing I had clicked on to use it or loot it..

Thank you for the responses... could you just clarify in as much detail as possible:

1) What exactly is not working? Interacting in general, or specifically clicking a distant object to move to it and interact? Or some other issue?

2) Do you have the same issue no matter if you have the "Left Mouse Button Interacts" setting toggled on or off, or is it different?

Status
Back