UI Release: Feedback Thread Part 2

Description:

* Neomex caves ( not sure about others ) can not be a private hunt through make team and remove.

* I am not sure about other caves or if fixed last update and no players have ventured in after I seen issue. (if already fixed or was this intentional with new UI )

[again going a bit left field from current UI here - apologies]

Feedback
  • Title: Modify the "teleport to revive terminal" action to have two modes: short press = Teleport 5 metres away, long press = teleport to revive terminal
Description:
  • Current: We have an action to teleport to a revive terminal. Legitimately, this only exists because ghosts can no longer move, and there is an option to cancel the auto teleport to revive when you die - so you need a way to TP to revive when you are ready [or to provide a lazy way to get "home"]
  • Suggested:Modify the behaviour of the Teleport to Revival Terminal Action as follows:
    • Single press: (no timer) Teleports you 5 meters away from your current location in a random direction. Hopefully this will serve as an easy way to dislodge yourself from the landscape without having to either:-
      • a) deploy and try and enter a vehicle
      • b) use your own TP chips to TP a short distance (waste of PED)
      • c) teleport all the way back to a revive terminal (that could be miles away) and take ages to get back from.
    • Long press: Teleport to revive terminal as usual (including the cancelable timer).
  • Reason: The reality reason why this action is used, nine times out of ten I'd imagine (or more), is simply because someone got stuck on the landscape. While I'm not generally one to suggest you put a sticking plaster on a bug, and instead feel sorting the bug is better, realistically MA should accept that they'll NEVER fix all the landscape stuck bugs that exist in the game. They should instead admit defeat and instead give us the in-game equivalent of "nudging a pinball machine to shift a stuck ball"

Let he who has never go stuck on the landscape, cast the first opposition to this idea... and that includes MA ,-)

Wistrel
This would be great for getting unstuck as you describe but think how easy it is to exploit, since it would also enable one to escape from taking damage. And don't get our pvp fans started. Even if we imagine adding other measures like disabling the use of any equipped weapon or tool for some duration, it still permits aborting an interaction against the rules.

The proper way of dealing with being stuck in terrain is for the client to actually detect it and then maybe give the avatar just a little push perpendicular to the surface angle. Although I reckon, since this is an ancient problem which never got solved for reasons we don't know, that development rather puts its money on the new engine now, hoping it will no longer occur. We'll see but I don't have high hopes that such fundamental problems get still picked up by the current momentum unless it has direct connection with the HUD.

Description: Because the fast-moving reload bar takes focus from the pale colored health bar, I die more often now than when I started playing 20 years ago!

Solution: Make the reload bar under the health bar an option that can be turned off..as there is already one in the crosshairs, I have no need for it.
Then let the health bar take the extra space so it gets a little higher.Make 2 different color schemes, one with the current new one and one with green yellow and red in strong colors that are easier to distinguish from the background.

Regards/Flash

Please bring back "Select Next Target" action back into the game.

Description:

Prior to VU we had an option available to us "Select Next target" to be able to toggle between the closest creatures to the avatar for whatever reason like if one is unreachable etc. This was nice when hunting in close range and in dense spawns. After VU our only option is "Lock Target" to switch to a new mob before its dead. However "Lock Target" does not switch between closest mobs to you, it will attempt to cycle between many mobs, constantly selecting a new target if possible. This option is not a good single replacement for "Select Next Target".

Please bring back "Select Next Target" action and allow the hunter to choose whether we would like to use it or the new option "Lock Target".

I think most people would prefer having “Select Next target” instead of our only option available now. This was a big downgrade to quality of life for hunters, removing it from the game. And it would be a huge upgrade to bring it back!

Last edited:
Positive feedback:

I really like the new counter for "number of shots left" because in the old UI we only got that value for weapons with ammo. now we get it for everything including melee weapons without ammo and tools that only use durability. may sound silly but this is my single favorite improvement from the UI update.

Description:

Prior to VU we had an option available to us "Select Next target" to be able to toggle between the closest creatures to the avatar for whatever reason like if one is unreachable etc. This was nice when hunting in close quarters and/or dense spawns. After VU our only option is "Lock Target" to switch to a new mob before its dead. However "Lock Target" does not switch between closest mobs to you, it will cycle between many mobs constantly selecting a new target if possible. This option is not a good single replacement for "Select Next Target". Please bring back "Select Next Target" action and allow the hunter to choose whether we would like to use it or the new option "Lock Target"

While implementing that could you also make a "Select Previous Target" Action as we had it already but was removed the UI Change befor this one?

In the nicest way possible, it's the most uninspired UI I've ever seen. Entropia has always done a great job at giving the feeling of immersion, provide escapism, and having it's very unique look and feel about it. This new UI has no artistic feel - a prime example is the disconnect between what the HoF board looks like and everything else.

The health bar and reload animation blend together and don't catch your eye. The inventory is now a glorified junk box. Even the skills screen looks like an alpha-test for standard elements in UI before the artists get a hold of it.

It's as if they adopted a brutalist art style to replace all the amazing flavour once present.

In the nicest way possible, it's the most uninspired UI I've ever seen. Entropia has always done a great job at giving the feeling of immersion, provide escapism, and having it's very unique look and feel about it. This new UI has no artistic feel - a prime example is the disconnect between what the HoF board looks like and everything else.

The health bar and reload animation blend together and don't catch your eye. The inventory is now a glorified junk box. Even the skills screen looks like an alpha-test for standard elements in UI before the artists get a hold of it.

It's as if they adopted a brutalist art style to replace all the amazing flavour once present.

Sadly I have to agree, Eu manages now for the second time that a new UI means a less flexible UI.

We had Select Next Target, Select Previous Target and all Mobs on the Radar where in the queue then we only could go forward trough the queue and almost every time some mobs are not selected or another bug occurs while going through the list now we cant even select next mob but have to be lucky it goes to next mob while clicking selecting target.

In last UI we could easily read looted items or friends entered or exited EU in chat, now the text is so badly coloured with shade and what not else it is barely readable at all. We had Coordinates in the Radar Interface and they were easily readable now they are a lot smaller and most of the time not readable.

We had 9 total keyboard Maps to fill with all the actions, weapons,, tools, armours, pets, pills, emotes or whatever a avatar wanted now we have 5 action bars with each having 30 slots for the whole game play.

We had the possibility to place the Icons we wanted at the place we liked it and that with each keyboard map so also 9 different setups possible. Now we have 5 bars with each having 10 slots visible at a time.

Why new UI means always fewer features in EU?

BTW the crosshair going red when in Range is a nice improvement which I like.

But the white box around the field in the action bar when switching weapons is very distracting and as others already mentioned I die more because I did not notice that I need to fap myself even thought the corners of the screen are tinted red.

Also the colouring of Skill and Profession Dialog is very hard for me to read and I missed that you could click on an Icon to open Professions Dialog from inside Skill Screen and vice versa.

Sorry for the rant but I did also mentioned the thing I liked ;)

Oh yeah I like that you see now more accurate in Codex how fare in the mission you are but we lost one decimal on the profession dialog on the other hand.

PS: I also like that when you have the loot window open it adds up the amount of loot you got in Peds.

Last edited:

Agree 100%

i must admit i hate current skill and profession windows.

We have lost so much functionatility and quality of life features too!

Extra clicking and scrolling is driving me nut.

How ever i do understand change is much needed and it will take time.

Keep adjusting and fixing the game MA!

It will payout now and in future 🙌 👍👍👍

Sadly I have to agree, Eu manages now for the second time that a new UI means a less flexible UI.

We had Select Next Target, Select Previous Target and all Mobs on the Radar where in the queue then we only could go forward trough the queue and almost every time the some mobs are not selected or another bug occurs while going through the list now we cant even select next mob but have to be lucky it goes to next mob while clicking selecting target.

In last UI we could easily read looted items or friends entered or exited EU in chat, now the text is so badly coloured with shade and what not else it is barely readable at all. We had Coordinates in the Radar Interface and they were easily readable now they are a lot smaller and most of the time not readable.

We had 9 total keyboard Maps to fill with all the actions, weapons,, tools, armours, pets, pills, emotes or whatever a avatar wanted now we have 5 action bars with each having 30 slots for the whole game play.

We had the possibility to place the Icons we wanted at the place we liked it and that with each keyboard map so also 9 different setups possible. Now we have 5 bars with each having 10 slots visible at a time.

Why new UI means always fewer features in EU?

BTW the crosshair going red when in Range is a nice improvement which I like.

But the white box around the field in the action bar when switching weapons is very distracting and as others already mentioned I die more because I did not notice that I need to fap myself even thought the corners of the screen are tinted red.

Also the colouring of Skill and Profession Dialog is very hard for me to read and I missed that you could click on an Icon to open Professions Dialog from inside Skill Screen and vice versa.

Sorry for the rant but I did also mentioned the thing I liked ;)

Oh yeah I like that you see now more accurate in Codex how fare in the mission you are but we lost one decimal on the profession dialog on the other hand.

PS: I also like that when you have the loot window open it adds up the amount of loot you got in Peds.
Seem's like people miss the same things. ❤️ 👍

This would be great for getting unstuck as you describe but think how easy it is to exploit, since it would also enable one to escape from taking damage. And don't get our pvp fans started. Even if we imagine adding other measures like disabling the use of any equipped weapon or tool for some duration, it still permits aborting an interaction against the rules.

The proper way of dealing with being stuck in terrain is for the client to actually detect it and then maybe give the avatar just a little push perpendicular to the surface angle. Although I reckon, since this is an ancient problem which never got solved for reasons we don't know, that development rather puts its money on the new engine now, hoping it will no longer occur. We'll see but I don't have high hopes that such fundamental problems get still picked up by the current momentum unless it has direct connection with the HUD.

I don't think it would have any exploits/advantages regarding the avoidance of taking damage. There is a 1 minute timeout for the current "teleport to revival terminal" functionality. I would expect the same time out to apply to a 5 meter away teleport too. I can't envision a situation (that is worse than that we currently have) where an avatar would be in a greater rush than 1 minute to "unstuck themselves". Note too, that even use of a Teleport chip isn't instant. It takes a good few seconds or so to charge up and select the teleport location and do the animation etc.

Let me know if I'm missing something though and maybe describe a scenario in detail where the function could be exploited. I defo can't claim I can think of all and every trick in the book.

Cheers
Wistrel

few quick thoughts.

i think since we're doing the UI there's one big obvious thing you are going to want to add to bring the interface up to expectations for most regular gamers.

this is the "paper doll", or the "character equipment screen". right now this is just a little white hand icon on the item to show it's equipped. but it's not clear at a glance what slots a player has available, what slots even exist on each player, and it's just a lot more intuitive to be able to look at a character sheet and see everything that is equipped, in what slots, and what slots remain open. this is also where loadouts should be made and swapped. the current loadout system took a weird system and just made it a little harder to use. you need the paper doll. almost every game that has equippable/swappable gear has this.

the other, and this may just be my mistake for overlooking, but is there a way to change "themes" on my UI? maybe i want a brighter color or something?

i did really enjoy being able to place item actions arbitrarily on my UI. there's no way to beat the accessibility and convenience of single-click equipping. it would be great if this came back.

Got a weird feeling we used to have something like this a long time ago and they removed it? i.e. a view of our avatar along side the inventory I think? Dunno... 2004 was a long time ago now and not sure I have any inventory screenshots from back then. I do remember some sorta thing that looked like a chalk outline.... I think?

edit: nah sorry, checked, no screenshots. Might be some lurking online though or even on this forum

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Bring back option to free rotate and zoom in on items in item view dialog
Description:
  • Current: Fixed distance/side on view of item e.g. gun, option to auto rotate around Y axis.
  • Suggested: Add back old ability to zoom in/out on and free rotate (multiple axis) in item view
  • Reason: It's a "work around a bug" I appreciate, but historically MA/Planet Partners have not exactly covered themselves in glory regarding item views. To date, it has been super common for an item to be displayed too close, too far away or other issue so as to make viewing it properly a challenge without use of zoom/freelook. I'm concerned the current rotate won't cut it. If nothing else though, even with item view mistakes not happenning, it's nice to be able to view something in more than one axis or to be able to zoom in on details.
Screenshots: Not needed. Just note that current options are only static side view or auto rotate around Y axis. I bet if someone put a gun to my head though I could find an item that isn't centered properly in the item view screen or is being viewed at an inappropriate distance.

Just to re-visit this one. I've now been able to verify that, even in the new UI (unsurprisingly) there are still items that are not centered in the view item dialog or are zoomed in to much to be able to see them properly. So, unless MA are willing to put in the time and effort to review/fix ALL ITEMS IN GAME we defo need to bring back the ability to be able to zoom in/out on items in the item dialog and free rotate them round more than one axis.

Hopefully MA bring this back and don't consign it to the same place they consigned being able to drop items on the landscape.

Feedback
  • Title: Chat channel tabs
Description:
  • Current: The chat channel tabs are wider than in the old UI chat. In the new UI, the channel tabs have more blank spaces before and after channel tab names.
  • Suggested: Make the chat channel tabs' blank spaces shorter.
  • Reason: Because the channel tabs have more blank spaces before and after the channel tab name, we have to make the chat window much wider if we want to have 5+ channel tabs visible, taking up more screen space, than we used to have to do in the old UI. In the old UI we were able to have just as many channel tabs visible in the chat window but, in a shorter chat window. For me, it now takes up half the screen if I want to have the same amount of channel tabs visible in the chat window.

Just a little anecdote on my small small baby steps, as my either limited or too creative mind gets caught up on new stuff.

I have now hunted some mobs after the 10 days or so of 'new experiences'. I already knew I think the hp bars on mobs are a horrible colour, but now I have been through most of the avatar hp bar range too.

As I slowly allowed my health to go down I went through shade after shade, thinking just how poor I thought each one was. Maybe I've never liked pastels much, but I've never noticably travelled along such a pastel ridge of yuck before. I also travelled through what looks to be the pastel shade of what full mob bars look like and actually laughed at the double yuck effect on my screen.

My mind wandered to real world colours, and I wondered how I would feel if rainbows moved along this same yucky path. All life sucked out came to mind. I 'bravely' looked up some pastel rainbows on the web. My aversion was at about the same level as for this new MA implementation of colours. Thus, in theory, MA has not done anything exactly new, just chosen pretty much exactly a colour path most of my being does not wish to be on.

Thanks guys - can you now leave that path again please next Tuesday, or as soon as possible ask the AI to choose a different route from 000000 to FFFFFF?

[sorry going left field again but the feature would need adding to the new UI action dialog lists so...]

Feedback
  • Title: Bring back sit and lay on ground (or indeed anything solid) actions to action dialog
Description:
  • Current: Missing since cryengine or something
  • Suggested: Bring them back
  • Reason: It was cool to be able to sit/lay about with friends you made in game. Seeing someone or a group of people say down is an open invitation to join and start chatting. Getting rid of it contributed to killing community spirit which is a key retainer for any playerbase in an MMO. If a player makes a friend they stay, if they have an empty solo experience they never come back (and indeed go play one of a million better solo games that don't cost as much). Many soclal locations like bars etc (Zychion for example) have not been augmented with sit down actions on furniture meaning players can't use/interact with these spaces as there is no default sit or lay down action - as such they are useless. It would also be a more natural position to find NPC's in (sat on the ground or maybe some boxes) which would add to immersion.
Screenshots: http://fluffy.spacetechnology.net:5000/pe/trans/sitting_is_cool.jpg

[sorry going left field again but the feature would need adding to the new UI action dialog lists so...]

Feedback
  • Title: Bring back sit and lay on ground (or indeed anything solid) actions to action dialog
Description:
  • Current: Missing since cryengine or something
  • Suggested: Bring them back
  • Reason: It was cool to be able to sit/lay about with friends you made in game. Seeing someone or a group of people say down is an open invitation to join and start chatting. Getting rid of it contributed to killing community spirit which is a key retainer for any playerbase in an MMO. If a player makes a friend they stay, if they have an empty solo experience they never come back (and indeed go play one of a million better solo games that don't cost as much). Many soclal locations like bars etc (Zychion for example) have not been augmented with sit down actions on furniture meaning players can't use/interact with these spaces as there is no default sit or lay down action - as such they are useless. It would also be a more natural position to find NPC's in (sat on the ground or maybe some boxes) which would add to immersion.
Screenshots: http://fluffy.spacetechnology.net:5000/pe/trans/sitting_is_cool.jpg
Wouldn"t mind more community and RP features. 😌

👍👍👍

Construction Terminal

Filter: Category drop down list should be bigger to show all options
It would be nice if the search field was available e.g. next to the filter field and not hidden behind the button.

It would be nice if doubleclicking the blueprint name switched to "construct" tab

It is not clear how to change residue order - I discovered it by clicking on residue name accidentally - the original UI had small arrows for reordering the residue

It would be awesome if it was possible to click on a craftable ingredient to craft it
e.g. I want to craft B-Amplifier which requires Basic Filters. By clicking on Basic Filters, it switches to Basic Filters blueprint

I don't think it would have any exploits/advantages regarding the avoidance of taking damage. There is a 1 minute timeout for the current "teleport to revival terminal" functionality. I would expect the same time out to apply to a 5 meter away teleport too. I can't envision a situation (that is worse than that we currently have) where an avatar would be in a greater rush than 1 minute to "unstuck themselves". Note too, that even use of a Teleport chip isn't instant. It takes a good few seconds or so to charge up and select the teleport location and do the animation etc.

Let me know if I'm missing something though and maybe describe a scenario in detail where the function could be exploited. I defo can't claim I can think of all and every trick in the book.

Cheers
Wistrel
Now Wistrel, You do know they would never bring that back as it is a more social thing and not shooting/crafting/mining make money issue?

Those days are long gone I imagine, we are in more of a pew pew world and no lore or social things. ;)

Now Wistrel, You do know they would never bring that back as it is a more social thing and not shooting/crafting/mining make money issue?

Those days are long gone I imagine, we are in more of a pew pew world and no lore or social things. ;)
"Aint that the true true" alas

During login, when entering one's Password and GC Security Code, the characters are hidden. This was the case for the Password before the update, but not the GC. It would be nice to have a lightweight button which toggles the visibility of these characters to prevent mistyped Passwords and GC desyncing.

During login, when entering one's Password and GC Security Code, the characters are hidden. This was the case for the Password before the update, but not the GC. It would be nice to have a lightweight button which toggles the visibility of these characters to prevent mistyped Passwords and GC desyncing.
As someone who recently had to retire my GC due to fluffing the login I'd fully back this for the remaining GC users. That said, much as I really didn't want to move to the app, I'm not finding it too bad. Still preferred the GC though.

Feedback
  • Problem in custumisable item
Description:
  • I am tailor working on custumisation some cloth. My tools didnt act as it was. The texturer and colorator window dont allow us see the pieces from all his side. (the cloth image is static and dont trun at all.
  • Let the item image rotate like it was befor 9Like when we use inspect item icone)
  • We cant juge the texture or paint adding corectly if we cant see what it does in all angle of the clothing (soem front and baking item are a lot diferent)
  • Best exemple is basic pattern pants. They have 2 diferent spot to feed but we can only see them face of us.. not by side where is second texture or color to add. This inconvenient is very costy for the crafter...

Beginning to see posts on the less common stuff such as texturizing above. Literally everywhere there is stuff that is broken or worse than it used to be. This is the worst I've seen the state of the game in so many years, let alone not liking colours, fonts and sizes, some of which are utterly terrible.

On the positives, I like the loot total in the box and that loots now stack, although not everyone likes that I see. Also, fruit and stones no longer open in a new box, so is it byebye to that little addition? It's nice we can choose more options for ourselves and that harvesting F has been fixed.

But there is still so much that needs work, whether it be for everybody's ability to move windows partly off screen to ship crew being able to see where a warp ship currently is in space via the H on the map.

A couple of things seem to have been silently put back to normal, but more players are now unhappy about the look of stuff too this vu.

You still need a large number of touchdowns to even come close to raising the bar back up to how things were one month ago, even though I have noted a few other surprise positives too, such as no more clothes decay - minor positives against major negatives.

I can't see new players giving this much of a chance as it is currently, and older players are being sorely tested.

I have one comment to make and a bunch of reasons why.
Comment. Thanks MA for making the best game I ever played, totally unplayable
Reasons: Multiple reasons which individually may not seem much, but add them up and you see a game where everything needs a work around, or to be lived without. This is no longer fun, it's a chore and a bore.
Lets start with what should be simple fixes.
1. Put H back on space map so people can find ship they are on guest list of. Repair crew can no longer find ship via map, hence repair skilling has died.
2. Allow people in team to be dragged and dropped into guest list as they used to be, having to individually friend every potential passenger in order to do it from friend list is time consuming and clumsy, especially if also have to ask them to unset incognito etc.
3. Please restore next target.
4. Please restore logged off time and more accurate location to friends list. These people have chosen to be on our friends list, it's ludicrous to assume they wouldn't want us to know, and they can in any case set incognito if they wish. The knowledge of how long a person has been out of game was a good indicator for society officers to check if soc mate is ok and on a break or if no longer a player, so needing removal from soc.
5. Please please please reduce the size of the black funereal boxes that clutter my screen and make it impossible to see other info and chats I need. This is particularly bad when crafting. Yes more space to see things in inventory was a nice idea, though tbh more items in inventory/storage would have been a far better one. But why such huge borders ?
6. Why aren't ALL boxes resizable by players. We all play on different size screens, from Lappy to huge metre wide and more, what may seem insignificant to some is huge for others.
7. If not fixed already can we please have auto tool back (seems not all players lost it after this mornings update) but I now have to single click every extract of a mining claim, or every shot of my weapon. Since I do not wish to get RSI I simply logged off.
8. Can we please have a fix for the message centre messaging. If more than 3 recipients it pushes things out of alignment so very top of the send button is missing and button disabled.

I appreciate you have a lot to do to get ready for UE5, but seriously, more time spent testing could save a lot of griefing from players and a lot of logged out time. You earn nothing from us if we are not logged in, and risk us using that time to find another game.. and could lose us.

Last edited:
Beginning to see posts on the less common stuff such as texturizing above. Literally everywhere there is stuff that is broken or worse than it used to be. This is the worst I've seen the state of the game in so many years, let alone not liking colours, fonts and sizes, some of which are utterly terrible.

On the positives, I like the loot total in the box and that loots now stack, although not everyone likes that I see. Also, fruit and stones no longer open in a new box, so is it byebye to that little addition? It's nice we can choose more options for ourselves and that harvesting F has been fixed.

But there is still so much that needs work, whether it be for everybody's ability to move windows partly off screen to ship crew being able to see where a warp ship currently is in space via the H on the map.

A couple of things seem to have been silently put back to normal, but more players are now unhappy about the look of stuff too this vu.

You still need a large number of touchdowns to even come close to raising the bar back up to how things were one month ago, even though I have noted a few other surprise positives too, such as no more clothes decay - minor positives against major negatives.

I can't see new players giving this much of a chance as it is currently, and older players are being sorely tested.
It feels like maybe there wasn't enough detailed capturing of how old stuff worked and the test plan was non-comprehensive. Sorta like they were missing a release quality assessor. Maybe they don't have the staff or AI for this. Not sure what the solution is. Maybe they need to give serious thought to getting test servers up and running and offering players with particular interests in sections of the game/UI opportunities to test and give feedback much as they have been doing in these threads but do it before the main release.

Interesting about the decay.... it used to be that way a long time ago... wonder if that is a bug

Description:

Prior to VU we had an option available to us "Select Next target" to be able to toggle between the closest creatures to the avatar for whatever reason like if one is unreachable etc. This was nice when hunting in close range and in dense spawns. After VU our only option is "Lock Target" to switch to a new mob before its dead. However "Lock Target" does not switch between closest mobs to you, it will attempt to cycle between many mobs, constantly selecting a new target if possible. This option is not a good single replacement for "Select Next Target".

Please bring back "Select Next Target" action and allow the hunter to choose whether we would like to use it or the new option "Lock Target".

I think most people would prefer having “Select Next target” instead of our only option available now. This was a big downgrade to quality of life for hunters, removing it from the game. And it would be a huge upgrade to bring it back!
(y)(y)

[again going a bit left field from current UI here - apologies]

Feedback
  • Title: Modify the "teleport to revive terminal" action to have two modes: short press = Teleport 5 metres away, long press = teleport to revive terminal
Description:
  • Current: We have an action to teleport to a revive terminal. Legitimately, this only exists because ghosts can no longer move, and there is an option to cancel the auto teleport to revive when you die - so you need a way to TP to revive when you are ready [or to provide a lazy way to get "home"]
  • Suggested:Modify the behaviour of the Teleport to Revival Terminal Action as follows:
    • Single press: (no timer) Teleports you 5 meters away from your current location in a random direction. Hopefully this will serve as an easy way to dislodge yourself from the landscape without having to either:-
      • a) deploy and try and enter a vehicle
      • b) use your own TP chips to TP a short distance (waste of PED)
      • c) teleport all the way back to a revive terminal (that could be miles away) and take ages to get back from.
    • Long press: Teleport to revive terminal as usual (including the cancelable timer).
  • Reason: The reality reason why this action is used, nine times out of ten I'd imagine (or more), is simply because someone got stuck on the landscape. While I'm not generally one to suggest you put a sticking plaster on a bug, and instead feel sorting the bug is better, realistically MA should accept that they'll NEVER fix all the landscape stuck bugs that exist in the game. They should instead admit defeat and instead give us the in-game equivalent of "nudging a pinball machine to shift a stuck ball"

Let he who has never go stuck on the landscape, cast the first opposition to this idea... and that includes MA ,-)

Wistrel
EUProTip:
Spamming Map key at the lowest size and holding the movement keys in the opposite direction where you are stuck while holding spacebar or spamming it too will sometimes get you unstuck.

Otherwise a smaller vehicle is very useful to spawn near you to get you unstuck.

But I agree we shouldn't get stuck at all or be able to get unstuck much easier without losing time.

Back