UI Release: Feedback Thread Part 2

Please bring back "Select Next Target" action back into the game.

Description:

Prior to VU we had an option available to us "Select Next target" to be able to toggle between the closest creatures to the avatar for whatever reason like if one is unreachable etc. This was nice when hunting in close range and in dense spawns. After VU our only option is "Lock Target" to switch to a new mob before its dead. However "Lock Target" does not switch between closest mobs to you, it will attempt to cycle between many mobs, constantly selecting a new target if possible. This option is not a good single replacement for "Select Next Target".

Please bring back "Select Next Target" action and allow the hunter to choose whether we would like to use it or the new option "Lock Target".

I think most people would prefer having “Select Next target” instead of our only option available now. This was a big downgrade to quality of life for hunters, removing it from the game. And it would be a huge upgrade to bring it back!

Dmatrix, could you explain in a bit more detail how it is you would want it to work instead of the current system? Like do you want it to always select the nearest target? So I can give the team a more detailed explaination/feedback.

Thank you in advance!

Feedback

• Title: entropia.exe cant see it, seems is working but i cant see it to log in
Description:

• Current: cant log in
  • Suggested: [Describe your suggested change.]
  • Reason:i log in for 5 mins or so, then game crashed or something and after that i just can see the window to log in. Entropia.exe seems is working but i cant see it to log in.....crazy.
Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

I just logged in for the first time since the new ui was implemented and I quite like it on the whole.
That said one of the things that I didn't like was the new auto stack loot window.
In the old system I know it was messy but with this new stacking system I feel like I am not getting anything, which I really don't like.
Ohh and talking of not getting anything I didn't notice ANY of those little extractor things dropping in the hour or so I was on for.
One of the reasons that I don't play much these days is that I feel the loot is boring and so now I think it has become even more so with nothing much going on in there once the few random rubbish items have dropped.
I got quite excited briefly, when I saw there is an option for the old style loot window, but upon trying that it was JUST the window and the loot was still auto stacking, not very exciting and even more boring than it was pre ui change.
Ohh, and what is the cooldown on my vehicles all about? why?

Dmatrix, could you explain in a bit more detail how it is you would want it to work instead of the current system? Like do you want it to always select the nearest target? So I can give the team a more detailed explaination/feedback.

Thank you in advance!
Ideally it should work like:
Keep lock target as is but add next target for those that want it.
Nearest target, picks the nearest mob closest to your avatar. But I believe in the past it would even work for mobs that were hidden by view from rocks/ mini hills and so forth. For example in thorifoid spawn at the cyclops depths it will not target the mobs that is near you if it cannot see them past that little "hill trash" that ya decided to place in the middle of the room.

If you press next target twice by mistake then by pressing previous target it would go to the previous target.

Thank you for bringing back the classic loot window, and that it now merges the stacks :beerchug:
The flexibility in privacy options (what to show on dashboard) is also very nice. Things are getting better in many details :thumbup:
Edit: Also the ability to abort automatic movement to a locked target before landing the first shot by just walking back, while afterwards you want to keep the tie when doing the same thing. Perfect solution because instinctively I always tried this first and then took longer to remember that there were other possibilities, too. :)

Last edited:

Thank you in advance!
Yes, exactly just that. “Select next target” should cycle between the 2 nearest targets to the avatar. That’s it.

Currently “lock target” will attempt to select a new target each time when multiple targets are near the avatar. Even some targets that are not near the avatar if you keep pressing it. This creates issues when hunting near other avatars in a dense spawn.

Thanks!

Last edited:
could you explain in a bit more detail how it is you would want it to work instead of the current system? Like do you want it to always select the nearest target? So I can give the team a more detailed explaination/feedback.

For example if a player choose to macro for more than 6 hours without being present at his computer , in order for him to make sure his avatar doesn't get stuck in other mobs one botter might want to have attack next target every now and then to make sure he will hunt without stopping for several days.
If you implement that function means you agree with the fact that people will macro 24/7.
Choose what your company wants, turnover or people being present at their computer.
At least now you know why people might want that function to work "properly" now.

Thank you in advance!
Would prefer it to select nearest too.

Used to point and click in past while hunting, but then got used to nearest tab targeting and now it just feels clunky or target wrong mob when switching between mobs.

+ i can't point and click no more the same way like in past so both options to me atm feel annoying and SLOW. 😔

Last edited:
Ideally it should work like:
Keep lock target as is but add next target for those that want it.
Nearest target, picks the nearest mob closest to your avatar. But I believe in the past it would even work for mobs that were hidden by view from rocks/ mini hills and so forth. For example in thorifoid spawn at the cyclops depths it will not target the mobs that is near you if it cannot see them past that little "hill trash" that ya decided to place in the middle of the room.

If you press next target twice by mistake then by pressing previous target it would go to the previous target.
👍👍👍

Would prefer it to select nearest too.

Used to point and click in past while hunting, but then got used to nearest tab targeting and now it just feels clunky or target wrong mob when switching between mobs.

+ i can't point and click no more the same way like in past so both options to me atm feel annoying and SLOW. 😔
Not to mention this is pretty standart way of targetting mobs in mmorpgs industry*

For example if a player choose to macro for more than 6 hours without being present at his computer , in order for him to make sure his avatar doesn't get stuck in other mobs one botter might want to have attack next target every now and then to make sure he will hunt without stopping for several days.
If you implement that function means you agree with the fact that people will macro 24/7.
Choose what your company wants, turnover or people being present at their computer.
At least now you know why people might want that function to work "properly" now.
I have to agree with Messi on this one. Yes the behavior of next target or lock target acts a little different now but I didn't have any problems using it while hunting or mining. And yes on mining it's also a very important function to have while on the extracting phase.

On my view while before the radius of mobs selection was bigger now it keep cycling trough the nearest ones and once in a while goes further not a problem on my view. Why would I want to lock on a mob thats far instead of the closer ones? I have lock target and interact on my lateral mouse buttons and I keep hunting the same way as before.

To stay on topic. Next target is needed when in a dense spawn a mob goes unreachable for example, if it goes behind another mob.
One can use select next target to easily switch to next nearest mob. Lock target does not always select next nearest mob

There is something else that I think could have been done better, and it's not unique to EU by any means.
Sliders in general, but in EU inventory and AH interface the sliders are so narrow its not the easiest thing in the world to get hold of with the pointer, I spend a bit of time trying and failing to get a solid grip with the pointer yet there is plenty of room for the sliders to have been a little bit wider, thus making it easy to get hold of.
A little thing it's true but could have made a difference.

Was it removed to stop botting I wonder...

I don't know why they removed it, but if it's for botting they have a lot easier way to detect it without penalising all players (player who hunt 24h/24h since month don't seem a problem so I don't think botting is a real problem for MA). Anyway I use a lot F in hunting so the game chose the close target and for many reasons I want the ability to select the next target especially : unreachable and when other hunter around and doesn't shoot the same mob

Please increase the range of mob interaction to cover the whole radar.

Currently mobs on edge of radar will not be automatically highlighted for interaction. this is especially annoying when hunting with a very long range weapon.

Please replace the 11 meters radius Radar with a 360 meters radius Radar.
Meaning get rid of the most zoomed in factor and add one on the other side of the zoom.

Actual radius for Radar Display is 11, 22, 45, 90 and 180 Meters.
It would be very helpfull to have one added above the 180 Meters Radius so it would be: 22, 45, 90, 180 and 360 from most zoomed in to max zoomed out.

Please increase the range of mob interaction to cover the whole radar.

Currently mobs on edge of radar will not be automatically highlighted for interaction. this is especially annoying when hunting with a very long range weapon.
Mob visibility on radar depends on mob lvl. High lvl mobs it show from far away and small mobs will appear on radar when you are near them.

Mob visibility on radar depends on mob lvl. High lvl mobs it show from far away and small mobs will appear on radar when you are near them.
I know this and it has nothing to do with my request.

Automove stopped working while in a vehicle! This made traversing space in a quad impossible.
workaround: press forward (W) then mouse click on chat input - u will now be automoving but you now have delete all the wwwwwwwwwwwww in chat lol

Feedback (Bit of a long shot but here goes...)
  • Title: Allow dual mapping of actions where actions are mutually exclusive (cannot be performed at same time because they are scenario/domain specific)
Description:
  • Current: Example - I have f12 mapped to the flying vehicle down action. I'd like to additionally map mouse 5 to it, however mouse 5 is already mapped to ready/relax tool. Only option presented is to unmap mouse 5 from it's existing mapping when I try to make this secondary mapping. However, when in a flying vehicle, there is no notion of readying/relaxing a tool because you can't hold a tool while a in a vehicle (so I may as well be able to use it to go down instead).
  • Suggested: Allow a key to be mapped to more than one action, or at least allow it if the actions are mutually exclusive
  • Reason: Convenience mainly. It would be nice to be able to map down to the mouse button, without loosing the use of the mouse button for all other (indeed the majority of) scenarios when not in a vehicle

totally unplayable ...
This is no longer fun, it's a chore and a bore.

Lets start with what should be simple fixes.
1. Put H back on space map so people can find ship they are on guest list of. Repair crew can no longer find ship via map, hence repair skilling has died.

You earn nothing from us if we are not logged in, and risk us using that time to find another game.. and could lose us.
It is so extremely unfortunate that what should be valued players with major assets in game, in this case what I think is the second most powerful mothership in game, are reduced to a state of limbo and/or extreme discomfort in whatever service they are offering!

It really has got me thinking that whatever improvements may be in store for us in UE5, it is so very possible that if even something like automoving a vehicle becomes broken in an attempt to fix whatever went wrong with auto-use, then new and old players alike will leave if it stays broken for even a short time. Something like the H on the space map doesn't even affect many players, and yet for those who do take part in space activities it is a massive no-no to see it broken.

Because of all the problems with key mapping etc. I tried to hunt with efficient tools I have mastered.
Or do you have other experiences with the current Hit/Miss rate?

Is this a bug or do we have to adapt to such Hit/Miss rates?

22 shots, 13 hits and 9 dodge/miss with a Chip I have more than enough skills:
Chip Learning Periode([Combustive Attack Nanochip 8]): 37 - 42, My Skills: 81,4 Dmg / 70,2 Hit
Finisher(Lacerating Attack Nanochip 3 (L)) has: 5 - 10, My Skills: 65,1 / 49,9

[System]: The target Jammed your attack
[System]: You inflicted 129.1 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 108.5 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 139.7 points of damage

[System]: The attack missed you
[System]: You took 39.7 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 109.6 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 15.1 points of damage
[System]: Your Lacerating Attack Nanochip 3 (L) has reached tier 0.48
[System]: You have gained 0.0228 experience in your Power Catalyst skill
[System]: You inflicted 12.9 points of damage
[System]: You received [Shrapnel] x (5671) Value: 0.5671 PED
[System]: You received [Animal Hide] x (74) Value: 0.7400 PED
[System]: The target Dodged your attack
[System]: You inflicted 134.4 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 107.1 points of damage

[System]: You inflicted 82.4 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 82.1 points of damage
[System]: You took 48.7 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 95.8 points of damage
[System]: You took 51.4 points of damage
[System]: You took 40.1 points of damage
[System]: You inflicted 128.8 points of damage
[System]: You have gained 0.1370 experience in your Power Catalyst skill
[System]: You inflicted 27.1 points of damage

This seams a bit ridiculouse and it is not for a short periode of time but seams to be constantly like this.

Last edited:
Feedback

• Title: [Message Center QoL]
Description:

• Current: [Message Center]
  • Suggested: [Search bar for auction, notes and mail. Ability to hide Globals from being displayed and tutorials. Confirmation window when deleting an auction or note or mail. Ability to set font size, bold. For stickynotes. I also think that the stickynotes UI needs to be changed to be more modern it's too different from current UI.]
  • Reason: [QoL and safety reasons to prevent accidental deletions for example on current notes you can accidentally delete a note forever just by pressing the delete button. Search for QoL saving massive amount of time which can be spent cycling peds instead]
Screenshots: [Example of search bar implementation]

PS: A general QoL improvement would be to make hides not weigh so much either as you've done for nanocubes and some other stuff.

This seams a bit ridiculouse and it is not for a short periode of time but seams to be constantly like this.
Run app like loot nanny or something and check hit rate after 1 hr or so it should be close to 90% . Just checked mine and it seems normal 5k shots 90.16% hit rate

Run app like loot nanny or something and check hit rate after 1 hr or so it should be close to 90% . Just checked mine and it seems normal 5k shots 90.16% hit rate
I also checked mine and it seems similar as before.

Feedback
  • Title: Bind pet tricks to keyboard
Description:
  • Current: As it currently stands, I have to rightclick on the pet picture, go to tricks, then go and click on the trick I wanna perform.
  • Suggested: Being able to bind my pet tricks to a key on the keyboard (Like with everything else ingame)
  • Reason: I'm lazy and I like rutines - I like being able to have similar ways of doing different actions.

Thx for check, only noted that hunting mobs that normally do not reach me before dead regularly reached me and made damage.

PS: How does the app know which weapon/chip and amps or enhancers I used while shooting?

Thx for check, only noted that hunting mobs that normally do not reach me before dead regularly reached me and made damage.

PS: How does the app know which weapon/chip and amps or enhancers I used while shooting?
You set up everything in app and before starting hunting run you select your loadouts. More tricky is if u use multiple weapons for same run.

Back