Help: UI Release: Feedback Thread

Status
I saw when the tasks were completed, and I had to go back to the NPC, the point on the map disappears) where to complete the quest

Feedback
  • Waypoint numbering in radar
Description:
  • Current: The numbers are hard to make out and they flip, presumably based on direction of view, which means the number are often upside down or sideways. Is that a 6 or a 9? Plus as you run and change direction the numbers flip around, which is pretty irritating.
  • Suggested: Fix the numbers so that they are clearer to make out and so that they don't move.
  • Reason: I need to be able to align my direction of travel with as much accuracy as the system allow.

Feedback
  • Login submit inconsistent
Description:
  • At login, username/password can't be submitted with the enter key, only the mouse. This worked previously and is stuck in my muscle memory. The 2FA code following immediately can be submitted by pressing enter.
  • Suggested: Don't ignore what seems like a very minor thing because every time right upfront one is reminded, why are there different routines for the same function? Details like this become stuck in many minds.

Edit: Seems to work now, without client update. o7

Last edited:
Feedback
  • QoL improvements for Trade Terminal
Description:
  • 1. When buying ammo or other stackables from TT, cap quantity setting at the available PED balance; this would enable quick conversion of all one's peds by simply clicking the leftmost up arrow, unless balance exceeds maximum.
  • 2. Trying to buy more than ped balance allows currently fails silently, there is no error message as before (iirc? --how fast one forgets). No damage but it feels mildly irritating.
  • 3. Allow using the keyboard for setting the number of units to purchase. Since similar widgets for numeric input with both clickable arrows and keyboard functionality exist in various places, one wonders why they still work so inconsistently.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Ted
''Meme ''
More passion more energy more Footwork.. :D :D

It's wonderful to see so many active members contributing feedback and information, and it's even better to see MindArk gathering this information and striving to ensure everyone's satisfaction. Overall, the update wasn't too bad and represents a step forward into the future. However, like all updates, it requires tweaking and adjustments.

I've observed that there's a fair amount of repetition in the feedback, and I may touch upon points that have already been raised. I apologize for any redundancy, but each piece of information contributes to understanding the necessary adjustments or issues.

I will organize all points and ideas in alfabetic order for clarity and ease of understanding.
Before delving into variables within a window, it's crucial to ensure that the window itself is readable and this is my focus now including some functions.

Feedback
  • A - Auction UI and readability.
  • B - Windows hard to see, fading transparency.
  • C - Action bar and icones/Items.
  • D - Armor and item set function.

Description - > Solution

- A Auction UI and readability

The window size and design are acceptable, but the layout leaves something to be desired. The abundance of text and dropdown menus gives it more of a resemblance to the device manager on my PC than anything else. There's a significant amount of information crammed into a small space.

On a 32-inch gaming monitor or for anyone running 2K or 4K gaming resolutions, the text appears very small and can strain readability during extended periods of use, refer to the image I provided.

----> Link --> Auction Photo

Window size
Given the ample space available on the screen, it seems unnecessary to confine the auction window to such a small size. Consider adjusting the overall size of the window to accommodate more information comfortably. Additionally, allowing the text size to be customizable according to the user's preferences would greatly enhance readability and cater to individual needs.

Columns and fonts
When the window is larger, there's ample space to make the header text bold and define the columns more distinctly. This would effectively separate all the information, making it much easier to read. Additionally, enhancing the clarity of the category dropdown would be beneficial. Its current appearance resembles that of Windows File Explorer.

- B Windows hard to see, fading transparency
I understand the intention behind making all windows more transparent to better see the game world. However, this approach also presents challenges. Currently, there are many instances in the game where the background obscures the information in the window, making it difficult to see what's displayed.

Additionally, there are numerous faded color contrasts throughout, which detract from the overall appeal and make things harder to see. For example, in the chat, when a new message is introduced, it's indicated by just a tiny dot, which contributes to the overall smallness of elements.

----> Link --> Window info hard to see --- Window fade and setting

Window Fade

The chat window already features an Auto Fade setting, which can be toggled on or off manually. It would be beneficial to extend this functionality to other windows such as the Quest window, Radar, etc. By offering options for off, on, and auto, users can customize the visibility according to their preferences. This way, users can define how readable they want the windows to be based on their individual needs.
It would also be beneficial to include an option in the UI to adjust the percentage of background fade. This way, users who prefer a stronger fade can increase it according to their preferences.

Main Chat window
Implement bold fonts for the channel names at the top of the window and enhance the colors to make them more prominent. Additionally, incorporate an adjustable slider for controlling the intensity of the background fade.
The flash or indication of a new message, represented by a small dot, is currently very subtle. It would be beneficial to include a more noticeable flash or stronger indication to draw the user's attention to incoming messages.

- C Action bar and icones/Items.
The new action bars are quite effective. However, there seems to be an issue with the background fade of items, as well as their size. The icons feature item pictures, but due to weak picture resolution and unclear icon design, it's challenging to distinguish between items, especially in normal or certain lighting conditions.

----> Link --> Items on Action hard to see -> Tiny icone hard to see

Change in appearance

Improving the quality of icons and enhancing the background of the action bar would make all items easier to distinguish. Additionally, allowing users to adjust the background fade through UI options would cater to those who require better visibility.

- A Armor and item set function.
The armor set or item set option is a valuable addition, especially considering the diverse professions and wide array of gear available in Entropia. Previously, if you were hunting an Atrox and suddenly encountered a robot attack, you could seamlessly switch your entire item set with just one click.
The item set action could also be bound to a hotkey, allowing for quick and seamless switching between sets.

Now, this action is blocked and requires multiple clicks to achieve the same result, as it has been integrated into the inventory system.

---> Link --> Item sets selection

Add Action

This change can be implemented easily. By making the item set dropdown menu available, users can click the "Edit UI" option mode and drag item set names from the list onto action bar slots. Additionally, a variable can be assigned to each item set (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4), and corresponding action icons for item sets 1, 2, 3, 4 can be created. These icons can then be accessed from the actions menu and placed on the action bar like any other icon.

Thanks !

@Ludvig|MindArk

Three hunting related bugs that are driving me nuts (and most of my friends ingame), and have already been reported by others.

1. When activating a weapon by a toolbar action it deals no damage, even though the animation and sound go off. Only once you press the "F" key it starts actually doing damage. This happens either when you use the mapped key (example: "1" o "2") and also when you click on the toolbar slot with your mouse. THIS WORKED PERFECTLY BEFORE THE UPDATE.

2. Once your avatar starts running towards the target there's very little you can do to cancel this running. Before the UI update I was able to hit "F" to the next target, and in case I had low health I could activate my fap and the avatar would cancel the running action, stop, and heal up. I have wasted so many FAP decay now that this is getting ridiculous. If you enable the option "Interact to Cancel Current Action" your avatar stops but you still get the "healing is diminished" message. NONE OF THIS HAPPENED BEFORE THE UPDATE.

3. I have the option "Keep Main Chat Focus When Entering Text" DISABLED. But sometimes when I'm done chatting and hit enter, I want to go back to my hunting thinking chat is no longer in focus but it is and I keep typing instead of hunting. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN BEFORE THE UPDATE.

Please for the love of Lootius fix these things so I can go back to somewhat enjoying the game.

I really hope the dev team doesn't consider this UI done after a couple of weeks, intense work needs to be put to fix this mess...

I just wanted to play a game, I'm not a game tester. Stop abusing your playerbase for your own good !

Thank you.

We are aware, and working on fixing all these things as soon as possible.
Please also prioritize the ability to use movement keys on action bars without a key just with mouse like we could before. Note all movement keys, not just automove which currently works. Much appreciated for the communication on a weekend, no less.

Please also prioritize the ability to use movement keys on action bars without a key just with mouse like we could before. Note all movement keys, not just automove which currently works. Much appreciated for the communication on a weekend, no less.

Yep, that is also on the list and being worked on!

would be very nice if we can get a list view (in storage and inventory) where we can sort items by PED value...
its 2024 and we have to check every item stack manually how much value it is really feels very wrong imo

Does the Ped Flow Center not function?

Where do we trade shares, CP, NTI, Triton etc now?

Does the Ped Flow Center not function?

Where do we trade shares, CP, NTI, Triton etc now?
You used to be able to enter there trough right click on your ped card... Maybe you mean that you can enter but not buy/sell anything?

You used to be able to enter there trough right click on your ped card... Maybe you mean that you can enter but not buy/sell anything?
It doesn't load when you are in it. Just non stop "Loading"

We have lost the hability to tell if our equipped tool/weapon is on auto-use mode or not.

EDIT: Scrap that, we can tell. The crosshair starts rotating... What if you have set low opacity on your crosshair??!?!

Last edited:
It would be very nice if in the teleporter menu we could type a letter and get all the TPs beginning with that letter and as we type the list would narrow down, for example we type "PO" and we get Port Atlantis, pretty much like the search box in Auction except in Auction we have to press Enter to get the search results. This way we wouldn't have to scroll for TPs which is not a fun thing to do, especially when you're in a hurry.

On a positive note, things will be fine once all the broken stuff is fixed. It does look nice and the team is working hard. We did much better with the previous camera and interaction update, though. I predict that when this mess is finally mopped up, nobody, neither players nor developers nor management, will want to go through it again with an engine change.

What was expected from a UI overhaul was not just a modernized look, but architectural modularity which would express itself in consistency between the various elements. This is clearly not the case, you're still doing and re-doing every detail for every widget separately. Was this path chosen before dismissing half the dev team or afterwards? Is this the result of mentioned AI deployment? I don't mean this in a judgemental way, I'm actually curious. I do use ChatGPT to save me writing some boilerplate code, and others make stunning artwork with it. But the real meat in a program's functionality, I'm curious to learn where things stand in being able to do that. Would the CEO be inclined to open up about this once there is space for breathing again? That would be really progressive.

Feedback

• Title: Ship crew unable to see mothership/privateer on space map
Description:

• Current: Unable to see mothership/privateer on space map
  • Suggested: Make as before where crew could see where ship is
  • Reason: To find ship in vastness of space (box)

Ludwig, I feel so sad as you answer players and none else do and this is very serious to player base and they only use you? Ask for a huge raise. lol

Feedback

• Title: Usless Radar Zoom Factors or what usage has a Radar with a Range of 11 Meters?
Description:

• Current: Passiv Range is in all Zoom levels 500 meters(where a TP, Waypoint etc. appears on the Radar but only shows the direction not the relative distance) active Range(where you not only see direction but also the relative distance to the object) is in lowest zoom mode 180 meters. This means that as long as the Avatar, City, Waypoint, Mob or whatever is between 180 meters and 500 meters is only indicating the direction not showing the distance. if you click on the + sign to zoom in it is allways halved to 90, 45, 22.5 and 11.25 Meters so what usage has a active range of 11 or 22 meters even 45 meters is questionable.
  • Suggested: Start with most zoomed out active radar Distance of 500 meters and halve this with every click on zoom so the other distances would be 250, 125, 62.5 and 31.25(still questionable if you need a Radar with 31 Meters Range). Or start with 250 Meters then 200, 150, 100 and 50 Meters as other zoom factors.

Feedback

• Title: Usless Radar Zoom Factors or what usage has a Radar with a Range of 11 Meters?
Description:

I remember the radar the inner circle from muscle memory being around 60m (when fully zoomed out) and around 85-89m for the 2nd circle, the other ones I never really needed to remember how far it went.
It's crucial that it remains how it was or add it as option.
I had since I started playing the game the muscle memory to as long as the red dots stayed away from the first inner circle on the radar I was safe from aggro (for most mobs this was the case).

Feedback

Description:

• Current: Passiv Range is in all Zoom levels 500 meters(where a TP, Waypoint etc. appears on the Radar but only shows the direction not the relative distance) active Range(where you not only see direction but also the relative distance to the object) is in lowest zoom mode 180 meters. This means that as long as the Avatar, City, Waypoint, Mob or whatever is between 180 meters and 500 meters is only indicating the direction not showing the distance. if you click on the + sign to zoom in it is allways halved to 90, 45, 22.5 and 11.25 Meters so what usage has a active range of 11 or 22 meters even 45 meters is questionable.
  • Suggested: Start with most zoomed out active radar Distance of 500 meters and halve this with every click on zoom so the other distances would be 250, 125, 62.5 and 31.25(still questionable if you need a Radar with 31 Meters Range). Or start with 250 Meters then 200, 150, 100 and 50 Meters as other zoom factors.
It's really help when hunting in small area with many players

Feedback

• Title: Avatar info tag. No society info?
Description

I do not see Society name on my friends. When the soc have 100 members, its Impossible to remember everyone. Yes we see soc members on radar, but its hard to use this in crowded place. + there is rank system in society member list and many soc use the rank system. Now we don't see it in a visible state.

It's really help when hunting in small area with many players

I remember the radar the inner circle from muscle memory being around 60m (when fully zoomed out) and around 85-89m for the 2nd circle, the other ones I never really needed to remember how far it went.
It's crucial that it remains how it was or add it as option.
I had since I started playing the game the muscle memory to as long as the red dots stayed away from the first inner circle on the radar I was safe from aggro (for most mobs this was the case).

Question to MikeH:
Did you ever try it out, the 11 Meter range in the Radar, press + until it is fully zommed in?
The 11 meters Radar helps hunting in small area? If the dot starts to move to the center it is already in your face because it is already closer than 11 meters. BTW where is a area which is so small that you need a Radar with a range of 11 meters and has many players in it and has mobs that do not attack you when they are 11 meters away or closer?

I did not mean the circles inside the Radar I mean distances you get when using the + and - Buttons in the top right corner of the Radar image and the enemy/avatar/etc dot starts to move to the center or closing in to the center of the radar.
PS: When you are at most zoomed in level the outer range, when dots start to move torwards center the distance ist 11 meters so already in the aggro range of nearly all mobs except the chirpy etc which do not attack.

Feedback

Maybe my explanation was not so good, here 2 pictures to explain the usage or in my view uselessness of a Radar with 11 meter Range:

Screenshot from Jurra Plateau.

index.php

Closeup of the Radar, max zoomed in:

index.php

The blue dot is from the TP, the left green dot is Avatar at max distance like TP, the right green dot is closer than 11 meters as the dot is not at the border from the radar. Who needs a Radar for this?
BTW. all dots showing at max distance are between 11 and 500 meters away as 500 meters is the distance a dot if not a mob starts to be shown on radar regardless of zoom factor.

All the other dots, orange and green, are the NPC's next to the TP and the other players and NPC's inside the building. They are shown at max Distance so they are between 11 and 500 Meters away.

Last edited:
I agree with the above, but then simply don't use the freedom you have to zoom in that much.
I'd be more annoyed if the ring distances have been changed, as I also use them to keep the various mobs out of (probable) aggro. I've not shot a single mob since the vu precisely to avoid what feels like a gazillion wtf moments as described by many, but I see many people have been 'experimenting/testing' and writing up loads of points.
I am grateful to these many with more patience than I currently have - and I guess responses have indeed been coming from the one person who speaks here, so amongst all the criticism, thank you for that too.

1. Join a team
2. Click leave team as many time as you want, without clicking the pop-up window that appears.
3. Watch them all just stack up. No limit to how many windows there are.

I noticed this because i double clicked on the "leave team" window, and got two pop-up windows.

I then joined a team and tried again.

Instead of rushing these hot fixes out, releasing "fixes" with additional things to fix later on, why not try to make it properly from the start?

If you don't think you have time to do it properly once, what makes you think you have the time to do it twice?

Title: labels for areas in space

Current: The labels for pretty much every area I passed through yesterday in space from caly to toulan spammed when I reached a hunting ground outside Toulan. Now entering space, Calypso, multiple PvP warnings, Skyflail hunting grounds etc. I don't remember if they also showed when they were supposed to.

Previous: Yeah it just showed one message at a time as I passed through areas not spamming when I hit a blue area.

Suggested: Hire game testers to weed out the bugs before a major UI or VU update. We always seem to be the guinea pigs. Seriously you make enough money from us for at least that....

Maybe my explanation was not so good, here 2 pictures to explain the usage or in my view uselessness of a Radar with 11 meter Range:

The blue dot is from the TP, the left green dot is Avatar at max distance like TP, the right green dot is closer than 11 meters as the dot is not at the border from the radar. Who needs a Radar for this?
BTW. all dots showing at max distance are between 11 and 500 meters away as 500 meters is the distance a dot if not a mob starts to be shown on radar regardless of zoom factor.

All the other dots, orange and green, are the NPC's next to the TP and the other players and NPC's inside the building. They are shown at max Distance so they are between 11 and 500 Meters away.

is quite what is needed, i use all those features, close view especially

if u want to see further distance chose ( - ) if u want to see up close where u stand next to others use ( + )

i don't see any problem or something bad about it, same way worked / is working radar in space, u see a triangle from far far away even if is not in your closest range, excellent that they put this on ground too

useless would have been a fixed version, this way u can chose, is all about options so let options function

i m not sure what u wanted to say but a wild guess is that u require to see the circles enlarge themselves once u start to zoom in or out to respect a proportion and a dynamic distancing

Last edited:
Status
Back