Help: UI Release: Feedback Thread

Status
Feedback
  • Title: Placing vehicle
Description:
  • Current: When placing vehicle it no longer shows the green arrows to indicate a suitable place for placing or red for unsuitable
  • Suggested: Change to how it was
  • Reason: So that it's easier to place vehicles
This may be a per-user bug. I do not see the Green/Red arrow either, but other users on Discord state it works fine for them.

Feedback
  • Incorrect display of national characters
Description:
  • Current: On FR keyboards, keys 1 to 9 are mapped to other symbols (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY), and some keys (éèçà) are dispalyed with a rectangle instead of the key
  • Suggested: Please allow us to display figures 1...0 instead of &é"'(-è_çà)
  • Reason: Nobody calls the "5" key "(" in France.

Feedback
  • Contect Menu on Action Bars
Description:
  • Current: When right-cliking an item added on an Action Bar, the contextual menu of the Item pops-up(Equip...) instead of the Icon (Delete...)
  • Suggested: Please fix the contextual menu
  • Reason: It's not possible to delete an item
To remove an item from the action bar, you can press L and then drag it out anywhere else on the screen, and the action bar slot becomes empty again.

To remove an item from the action bar, you can press L and then drag it out anywhere else on the screen, and the action bar slot becomes empty again.
Yes, thanks. Not intuitive IMO.

Feedback
  • Title: Color of item links ,waypoints etc
Description:
  • Current: A pastel yellow that just melds with everything and floats together
  • Suggested: Bring back the bright, easy to read, green
  • Reason: It is really, really hard to just make out the soup of letters in that color
Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

Feedback
  • Reduce size of Actions Bars of unused Slots
Description:
  • Current: The full Action Bar is displayed with its 10 Slots, even if 5 are used.
  • Suggested: Please hide the unused Slots, and resize the Action Bar accordingly
  • Reason: Better visuals

Feedback
  • Highlight Chat Tabs
Description:
  • Current: The feature now displays a little dot, which doesn't keep attention.
  • Suggested: Please make a real highlight of the tab, maybe blinking 3 times, then staying orange.
  • Reason: The Highlight feature doesn't highlight

Feedback
  • Some wishes
Description:
  • Current: keybinds in bars work but when you hide bar it doesn't work.
  • Suggested: Pls make the binds still work when hidden or make it possible to hide them in a different way.
  • Reason: Clutters the screen to mutch.
Description:
  • Current: Item links in chat are same color as names in chat.
  • Suggested: Pls make the items links green again or any other color so we can differentiate between player and item links easier.
  • Reason: ease of use.
Description:
  • Current: Storage is an empty area.
  • Suggested: Pls add the grid back into storage.
  • Reason: Easier to put items exactly were you want em.
Last but not least , PLEASE let us scale all windows to the size we want.
This ui is far from user friendly and custemizeble , i'm sorry to say.

Is it possible to hide the default icons... or to resize them to the same size as the other icons?

Feedback
  • Some wishes
Description:
  • Current: keybinds in bars work but when you hide bar it doesn't work.
  • Suggested: Pls make the binds still work when hidden or make it possible to hide them in a different way.
  • Reason: Clutters the screen to mutch.
Description:
  • Current: Item links in chat are same color as names in chat.
  • Suggested: Pls make the items links green again or any other color so we can differentiate between player and item links easier.
  • Reason: ease of use.
Description:
  • Current: Storage is an empty area.
  • Suggested: Pls add the grid back into storage.
  • Reason: Easier to put items exactly were you want em.
Last but not least , PLEASE let us scale all windows to the size we want.
This ui is far from user friendly and custemizeble , i'm sorry to say.
🙏🙏🙏

Feedback
- Auction house

Description:
- Auction House "My Bids" does not show any information icon where you are TOP Bidder ...

Feedback

Title: Improving action bar system

Description:

Current: The limit of 5 action bars is insufficient. We should not be forced to click a new page to get what we want.

Suggested:
Currently we're only able to set a hotkey to only an action bar not directly to a specific item like we could in the past by dragging an item to a key on the keyboard map.
Please reconsider adding up to 10 action bars OR increase amount of slots you can have in one action bar BUT, if we gonna have more than 10 slots in one action bar then the 11-20 action bar slots should be directly below the first 1-10 slots of the action bar.
It would also be very beneficial if we could move any single slot to any orientation and they would "lock onto each other" like old icons used to do in old UI.
This would add more customization options which is always nice to have!
If you want you can set default 5 action bars, but for "advanced" users we can set more, or just make it as per my suggestion for more slots in that way...
Please don't forget to in the future, remake all OLD icons so they match the current UI, this includes stuff like item info displayed etc market value, item info etc. There's new UI icons and old ones and that is just terrible combination to have which makes this game look very unprofessional.

Further improvements if easy to add:
Ability to hide the arrows on the action bars.

Ability to hide UNUSED action bar slots

Ability to set icons (from inventory or elsewhere) to action bar then hide the action bar
. This would allow us to set certain keys to certain items and not have it displayed in the screen, but from memory we know what hotkeys are being used for which hotbar.
Ideally your items that is set to a hotbar without a key would be displayed in the UI editor in respective action bar slot number.

Reason: I like to play the game by having everything that I want right at my fingertips, without wasting time locating a specific icon.
At its current limit and customization options in this current UI action bar system it's all too crowded to make it work as I wanted it to. It's also currently unclear which action bar is tied to which icons you set on the action bar. You only see the page number not the action bar number.
There's a lot more stuff I wished to add to my action bars, but with current limit I'm unable to unless I put it in another page, and that is just an unnecessary other step, which I think to be fair, you guys should not force us to do..
Btw job on making so you can set an icon without adding a key into an action bar for mouse users! The UI has some work to be done still, but I hope you guys will listen to our suggestions and improve it more and more!

Screenshots:

Last edited:
Feedback

Title: Improving action bar system

Description:

Current: The limit of 5 action bars is insufficient. We should not be forced to click a new page to get what we want.

Suggested:
Please reconsider adding up to 10 action bars OR increase amount of slots you can have in one action bar BUT, if we gonna have more than 10 slots in one action bar then the 11-20 action bar slots should be directly below the first 1-10 slots of the action bar.
It would also be very beneficial if we could move the slots to any orientation and they would "lock into each other". This would add more customization options which is always nice to have!

Reason: I like to play the game by having everything that I want right at my fingertips, without wasting time locating a specific icon. This saves time, and mental drain.
At its current limit and customization options in this current UI action bar system it's all too crowded to make it work as I wanted it to. It's also currently unclear which action bar is tied to which icons you set on the action bar. You only see the page number not the action bar number.
There's a lot more stuff I wished to add to my action bars, but with current limit I'm unable to unless I put it in another page, and that is just an unnecessary other step. If you want you can set default 5 action bars, but for "advanced" users we can set more, or just make it as per my suggestion for more slots in that way...
PS: Please don't forget to in the future, remake all OLD icons so they match the current UI. There's new UI icons and old ones and that is just terrible to have.

Screenshots:
here's a lot more stuff I wished to add to my action bars, but with current limit I'm unable to unless I put it in another page, and that is just an unnecessary other step. If you want you can set default 5 action bars, but for "advanced" users we can set more, or just make it as per my suggestion for more slots in that way...

Having more options to customize beside current default ones would surely be much appriciated by many. 👍👍👍

make the window with the weapon smaller and do as it was, please, in length- so that all the parameters of the objects or weapons can be seen at once! thank you

Feedback
  • Title: No way to see Autouse
Description:
  • Current: No indicator telling you that autouse is on
  • Suggested: Make an indicator for autouse
  • Reason: Im dropping mining probes when I don't want to
have ye noticed the little spinning thing around your crosshair ? that be your indicator.

Feedback
  • Chat
Description:
  • Current: Hard to read, not defined enough to contrast against the world/ background
  • Suggested: Stronger/brighter colors
  • Reason: For better reading

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Item Details QoL has been REDUCED
Description:
  • Current: Right click on an item, View details
  • Suggested: Reduce the dead-space above the actual information window, make it fit more information inside the "details" window...
  • Reason: I can't see the information I want without having to scroll more than before the UI change. This change was not an improvement, but rather a step back
Screenshots:

See what I mean?

Feedback
  • Keyboard bindings map
Description:
  • Current: Cannot see all keyboard bindings at once , and must be mapped separately
  • Suggested: Show the entire keyboard , and have the ability to drag icon to it as before.
  • Reason: Currently I have keys I cannot add to functions I been using for the past 18 years.

Feedback
  • Pet Box and Progress Box
Description:
  • Current: These boxes are a bit big and does not look like the rest of the UI (while hunting etc not the menus)
  • Suggested: maybe a bit smaller and the design similar to the UI (not to the menus)

Feedback
  • Title: Radar Coordinates Opacity
Description:
  • Current: there is transparency under the radar coordinates
  • Suggested: make it selectable if radar to have opaque background in the coordinate area
  • Reason: Coordinates are poorly readable in bright backgrounds

This doesn't work properly. After relogging the check box is till ticked but the CTRL and SHIFT keys have been reactivated as modifier keys again and the text C-1, C-.... is back in the action bars. You have to uncheck/check the option again to disable the modifiers.
I have this same issue. I will submit it as a Bug Report below:

Feedback
  • Title: Disabling Modifier Keys in Settings does not stay after relog.
Description:
  • Current: Modifier Keys (Control and Shift) do not stay disabled after relog.
  • Suggested: Modifier Keys should stay disabled after relog.
  • Reason: this is expected functionality and will enhance smoother gameplay.
Screenshots:
Please allow this setting to be persistent across sessions. It currently resets upon relog:
gT6qhMJ.png

Feedback
  • Title: Ability to Hide image model in item view
Description:
  • Current: item is always there spinning or not
  • Suggested: have the option to remove the item and just have the description
  • Reason: Little Big Mining Log reading Claim Deeds faster.

Icon Buttons

- Clumsy with the icon bar
- Make it possible to make Icon Buttons for equip, use etc, and place icons at will on the screen
- Because it's a major bother with that small bar

Last edited:
Status
Back