Virtual Egg Sold for $69,696 USD -- "NEVERDIE" Avatar Sets Virtual World Record (Marketwire via Yahoo! Finance)

RL stocks are also virtual and can drop in value fast .... hows that different then this :)

You really need an explanation? Sigh...

:bs:

Congratulations! You just purchased virtually nothing for almost 70,000! But here is a cartoon picture of it and...well, you don't actually own it. So enjoy your investment! Oh by the way, no clue whether something will ever be done with The Egg but hey, isn't this publicity great?

So honey, I just bought our nest egg today... No, really, well virtually, kind of, well...I got this great picture of it.

I think its clear there was insider information.

I"m guessing that FPC/MA has told Neverdie what will spawn from the egg. Neverdie probably provided that info to a few select avatars so they would get a sense of the worth.

RL stocks are also virtual and can drop in value fast .... hows that different then this :)

Would you like to invest in my company? I need $70,000. At the moment the company doesn't do anything, but at some point in the future we might. I've no idea what it will be though.

Congratulations ND ! You can make a Reseller's guide now :silly2:

IMHO the best thing that could come out of this egg is an atrox pet...

BTW. Deathifier, do you want to buy my drawing of a banana for 10 000 dollars?
Oh, but it won't be actually yours, i'll be able to take it from you any time.:silly2::laugh:

Stupid news article.

It is banal.

The real news story would be why DF is paying ND this sum of money.

No way on earth would someone like DF pay this price for something that MA forgot.

It is a money transfer, pure and simple.

ahhh the promotion :D

setting a new World Record for the "Most Profit" made on a single Looted Treasure in a Video game. NEVERDIE is currently ...

ummm technically the egg wasn't "looted"

It was found on the ground, most likely dropped by a MA avatar, if I remember right...

Regardless, If I could have done this -- I would have.

Grats to you ND. Can't wait for Rocktropia.

It was found on the ground, most likely dropped by a MA avatar, if I remember right...

it was looted from a feffoid from what I heard :scratch2:

it was looted from a feffoid from what I heard :scratch2:

Yes remember ... lag fest first class. Only thing that globaled where Feffs near fury lol. I was a young newbie then armed with a opalo a103 shooting feffs in team ......good old days

Somebody with more money than sense I'll wager :D

Surely if it hasn't hatched by now it's not going to??

Marco already stated that because the egg was originally sold for $10k they had to write a story that justifies the price tag.

He also said that the story would unfold either just before VU10 or just after.

So now I have two questions for you Marco:

1: Your late with the story you had planned for the egg your eta was just before or just after VU10, so were is it???

2: Now that the egg has sold for $69k does this effect your story and plans you have for the egg???

A reply would be appreciated ;)

So if a item is sold for an insane amount it gets a story?

WTS The most rare Opallo in the game thus far. 25k ped. make a story on this opallo pls k thx.

well i agree an egg sounds more interesting. but whats going on. sometimes massive speculation leads to great losses. not exceptional gains.

Wasnt the egg looted from a Feff?

The story went along then stealing something from the atrox queen if i remember correctly?

I remember waiting at the Feff camp to the north east of Hades for another Feff mass spawn ;) But logged off before i saw anything.

Wasnt looted in those parts anyway lol.

EDIT:

Yep someone beat me to it lol

wtf? "I didn't buy it to cash out...I bought it to fund a dance video..." How do you fund a dance video without cashing out? :scratch2:

"6,969 PED to the top 10 dance videos! Wet t-shirt is an automatic win!" :scratch2:

So if a item is sold for an insane amount it gets a story?

WTS The most rare Opallo in the game thus far. 25k ped. make a story on this opallo pls k thx.

well i agree an egg sounds more interesting. but whats going on. sometimes massive speculation leads to great losses. not exceptional gains.

Can't sell an opalo. It has to be something both useless and unique - an opalo is none of those.

LMAO it all makes sense now why this was auctioned off in the first place :rolleyes:

wtf? "I didn't buy it to cash out...I bought it to fund a dance video..." How do you fund a dance video without cashing out? :scratch2:

"6,969 PED to the top 10 dance videos! Wet t-shirt is an automatic win!" :scratch2:

dont you mean "I didn't sell it to cash out"? ;)

Besides, its not 6969PED, its 696969PED :silly2: and it might not be 100% of the money used ;)

Eh me being DF, I would jumpo to ceiling when reading this. Imagine, I buy virtual and dead item, which has been forgotten (by FPC). Now, after this statement, he can be sure, MA/FPC wont screw him. They made it public, telling us it was sold for xxx USD and that comunity is waiting, what will come outa this "epic" trade.

I dont think MA/FPC would now risk it all, by giving DF some BS result of egg.

So DF has now granted, that:

A) there will be things happening soon about the egg he bought right now
B) the result will be appropriate to invested ammount of money

Just a few day after he bought it.
Very nice news for him I suppose.
Its just coincidence...

And also very nice of MA/FPC that they pissed, shitted and farted on ND for so many years, just to come now with this SOOOO FUCKIN FAST AFTER THE SALe.

IF ND wouldnt sold this now, shit would happen to egg for next few upcoming years/decades, and we all know it.

But now, MA/FPC has smelled the opportuninty to hype. After years in hybernation I suppose.

Eh, uhm no further comments, it will be better.

PS: You guys & girls remember that MA/FPC statement that all story lines will be finished before the VU10, or am I the only one remembering this?

PSS: If DF bought this egg, and there was same silence as it was, when ND owned it for XX years - it would be equal(Im not saying it would be good). Didnt happened, I predict that things will move faster now. I dont think its all cool, you do?

Oh shit, nvm, writing too much, better go back to "resting ASSured" mode!

Last edited:
wow that 4% must really add up.

remind me to never kill letomie, furors, hogglos, frescquoda, or globsters again. obviously that guy dont need my money.

He didnt make the most profit from looting a 'treasure'.. He made the most profit from reselling a 'treasure'.

And I still don't buy it that there isn't more to this transaction..

Eh me being DF, I would jumpo to ceiling when reading this. Imagine, I buy virtual and dead item, which has been forgotten (by FPC). Now, after this statement, he can be sure, MA/FPC wont screw him. They made it public, telling us it was sold for xxx USD and that comunity is waiting, what will come outa this "epic" trade.

<snip>

This is a press release from Neverdie, not from MA/FPC.

I dont think MA/FPC would now risk it all, by giving DF some BS result of egg.

So DF has now granted, that:

A) there will be things happening soon about the egg he bought right now
B) the result will be appropriate to invested ammount of money

Just a few day after he bought it.
Very nice news for him I suppose.
Its just coincidence...

And also very nice of MA/FPC that they pissed, shitted and farted on ND for so many years, just to come now with this SOOOO FUCKIN FAST AFTER THE SALe.

IF ND wouldnt sold this now, shit would happen to egg for next few upcoming years/decades, and we all know it.

But now, MA/FPC has smelled the opportuninty to hype. After years in hybernation I suppose.

The only problem with your theory is that the press release seems to have come from ND not FPC/MA.

I'm selling Unique Kraster Helmet (M) for 100K peds, it will worth 500K when they will give the full set.

Of course, there is more than "ND sold to DF for 69K$", it's an investment for Deathifier and will both agree on what it will be used for ... ND said that the 9th january :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...stadium-2010-club-neverdie-2.html#post2254333

Anyway, if Death makes lots of profit from that purchase, I would laugh at all ppl who said it was a BS purchase.

Bravo Sierra

And just what was he promised for this oh so advertisable purchase??

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then is must be a duck(L)

I am sure he is basically buying a nice LA or maybe another Island inhabited by Atrox Queens or something - time will tell

One day MA/FPC (whoever) will realize we are not all that stupid - but then they dont really care now do they - big hype = new suckers to lose big and go away - rinse and repeat - great business plan lol

wow that 4% must really add up.

remind me to never kill letomie, furors, hogglos, frescquoda, or globsters again. obviously that guy dont need my money.

MA just has to plop some uber item in them and Skippie Gets All will be back :laugh:

A lot of people laughed upon hearing a bloke from England mortgaged his house to buy a virtual asteroid....

A lot of people laughed when a nerdy looking kid purchased some island in a video game....

Whose laughing now!!!

Back