Virtual Egg Sold for $69,696 USD -- "NEVERDIE" Avatar Sets Virtual World Record (Marketwire via Yahoo! Finance)

2ff

selling one explosive ammo cell, world record and some fame TT+707070

these are magic numbers ppl!

ACT NOW!

Offer ends soon!

Order now and get another cell free!!!

WONDER IF ITS: TIERED MAY BE I CAN SELL SOME BLAZERS:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

its a publicity stunt... :)

They wanted to make another entry into public media so ppl think... wow its the 2nd time i heard from this game online involving money, i should take a look...

dont you mean "I didn't sell it to cash out"? ;)

Besides, its not 6969PED, its 696969PED :silly2: and it might not be 100% of the money used ;)

Sell was a typo, but 6969 ped to each of 10 participants would be a nice prize pool + some profit for himself for having the idea :laugh:

hmmm this all seems abit to much...smells Fishy why would Deathifier by the egg for 69.696 USD, when he could bid 10.000 for it... is it all a big marketing trick from both and what is the actual Salesprice for the egg? :rolleyes:

:) indeed i wonder what the actual Salesprice is, it is a good marketing trick :D

How about this?

Deathifier: Hey ND I want to buy a share from Next Island
ND: Sure i sell u 10% for 70.000 k USD
Deathifier: Hmm is a little too much, can u add something else?
ND: Well i can add that stupid atrox egg and we'll make a big fuss in press too
Deathifier: OKI DOKI

The End

Fry it, sell virtual omelette with profit! :yay:

Press Release Source:
NEVERDIE Studios On Wednesday February 3, 2010, 10:42 am EST

I held back long enough from commenting on this.

Personally I think this is a massive mistake and a extremely selfish and self centered act on Neverdies' behalf to have done such PR.

It places undue pressure on FPC now to do something with the egg in what is likely to be a rush job from the unneeded attention this stupid PR stunt brings.

If Neverdie respected the situation surrounding the egg, it would have been done the other way around, where instead of him jumping into the spotlight in an egocentric fit of "look at me";

FPC should have been allowed the time to develop for Deathifier the outcome of the egg and then a joint publicity rollout should have occured with what came of the egg to promote the new development and then to speel the new buyer, initial purchaser and looter of the egg.

This is just ridiculous and very selfish & self centered.

Sorry ND but what a jerk you have demonstrated yourself to be.

It is not something I can blame you for,
Its in your blood, crazed with the 'american rockstar fame' up yourself lifestyle.

Please try not to take that too personally ND, but next time a little consideration in the 'business context' would be nice for all involved. :(

Massive neg rep ND as far as I am concerned.
Try to learn from this uncalled for egocentric stupidity for the next time.

And WTF does "Neverdie Studios" got to do with FPC & Calypso anyway ?

This PR rollout should have been done by FPC, all you have done Neverdie is
clearly promote your business conflict of interest being a partner and
also an active revenue generating asset holder on other partner worlds.

^^ This would lead to the ability of any partner company such as
CKI, CRD, Next Island, SEE Worlds being given the green light to purchase up revenue generating virtual assets on any other platform partner worlds.

Or do you consider yourself above these other MA business partners ?

Is this the sort of platform MindArk are trying to develop ?
Where "participants" are needing to compete with "MA partners" ?

Some clarification on this foolish PR stunt Marco would be nice.

Did you approve this Marco ? If so were you bent out of your brains ?
If not, then Neverdie acting on your own behalf, were you bent ?

I think both of you should read this if either of you do not clearly understand what a conflict of interest in business is FFS.

Link > http://www.answers.com/topic/conflict-of-interest

I hope both of you Marco & Neverdie realise that contract or no contract between MindArk and the above mentioned partner organisations, any platform partners can challenge "their legal right to" purchase on other partner worlds or to have those with conflicting interests such as Neverdies' revenue generating assets on other worlds forcibly decommissioned (sold off) at any future point in time they wish.

I hope MindArk doesn't rub a partner the wrong way down the track leading the partner to hold MindArk over a barrel over this in future years.

Congradulations for hitting the top 10 list of the stupidest things I have seen an organisation do in my time, especially considering the revenue turnover of some these contracted partner organisations involved with MindArk Entropia Universe.

Last edited:
Well Deathifier is real, so is Neverdie, both purchased sizeable chunks.
I have face to face experience with Dave Storey Deathifier and I will say that despite my other post cynicism about taking the hard yards and wanting to hatch yet another mob etc, this man will do it; I dont believe that there is any marketing stunt whatsoever.
Deathifier is more than adequate in his risk assessments of a micro project in game, he is meticulous and I doubt that there is any of the infered hype and manipulation.
What I do know is if it is possible Deathifier will do it and do it well:D

Um, not a world record, Dub got more than that from his Ruga tower.

Good example of the ND hype machine in action though :D

To Yahoo!

:D

Too bad for ND, his record can be broken any day.
And yeah, too much PR surrounding Egg now.

What a joke.

...setting a new World Record for
the "Most Profit" made on a single Looted Treasure in a Video game...
A new record? What sort of record? Who's keeping tabs on these records, what was the previous record?

Wait a second; "...single Looted Treasure..." - this implies ND looted the item - which he didn't. He bought and resold it.

NEVERDIE is currently featured in the 2010 Guinness Book of World Records "Gamer Edition" for owning Club NEVERDIE "The Most Valuable Virtual item."
Here, we have a set standard - it's a guinness world record - note that the record above was not, or it would have been mentioned.

NEVERDIE who has been dubbed by the media "The King of Virtual Reality"
Oh, please, who's writing this?

NEVERDIE's Soon to be Released ROCKtropia Music planet already features Virtual destinations for major Artists including Motorhead front man Lemmy Kilmister and Cash money recording Artist Kevin Rudolf, whose latest Hit Record "I made it" featuring Lil Wayne, Birdman and Jay Sean is Rocketing up the US Pop Charts...www.NEVERDIEStudio.com
www.Rocktropia.com
www.NEVERDIE.com
(No comment.)

No, really, who's writing this?

For More info Contact:
NEVERDIE Studios
b2b@neverdie.com
Ah, that explains it.

To quote myself:

Konve said:
What a joke.

FPC was not involved in any way in this release. I became aware of its existance when time it got online here on EF.

Sorry to hear Marco :(

Good luck with resolution.

Cloudly with no chance of meatballs lava:D

FPC was not involved in any way in this release. I became aware of its existance when time it got online here on EF.

Would be interesting to see what stance you take, on a business and personal level...

Don`t understand all the fuss in this thread.

This is to date most expensive virtual item ever sold so it should get some media coverage. Mod fap and the Dub&Mcormick gun sold for a lot less. My first thoughts when I`ve heard about this sale were along the lines of "We should see a press release about it soon".

There should be a distinction here between virtual real estate and real estate items. I can clearly see it and I bet others can also.

I don't understand the fuss here either...

If we are all free to make investments in FPC and "invest" in the virtual world and make a living out of it, then we are all free to issue press releases when we do something in this virtual world, are we not ?

The fact that this Press Release is total bullshit, a poor Marketing gag of a really not so successful producer who's desperately trying to hit the big bucks and the media is another story... that's his problem.

But there is no reason to get upset here at all in my point of view.

If there is a conflict of interest and if this is not allowed, then please Marco, clarify.

Dont see the fuss either.

Definition of Profit is "the ratio of such pecuniary gain to the amount of capital invested."

I think that then does make it the most profit from a single looted item doesnt it?

I don't understand the fuss here either...

If we are all free to make investments in FPC and "invest" in the virtual world and make a living out of it, then we are all free to issue press releases when we do something in this virtual world, are we not ?

The fact that this Press Release is total bullshit, a poor Marketing gag of a really not so successful producer who's desperately trying to hit the big bucks and the media is another story... that's his problem.

If there is a conflict of interest and if this is not allowed, then please Marco, clarify.

As a one line answer:

A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation for an act in the other.

This link will give you an overview.

http://www.answers.com/topic/conflict-of-interest

It has nothing to do with the egg selling and Neverdie making a new record for "most profit" in a video game.

However the PR release does promote his "conflict of interest in business" with multiple interests in being both partner "Neverdie Studios" and owner/developer of MindArk Partner world Rocktopia and consulting advisor to development for other partners such as David Posts' Next Island and SEE Virtual World first world which is to go in to BETA stage in the near future ...

Along with being an "active participant" holding revenue generating assets on FPC Planet Calypso.

Unfortunately this is a very real and serious problem for Jon Jacobs with real legal implications that can be challenged by other parties that may suspect any form of "possible" corrupt motivation across any of these multiple interests.

Including himself being at the helm of one of these organisations as a partner to MindArk with the planet Rocktopia and the others having direct input in a consulting capacity to the development cycle - ie. Inside information.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356

SEE Virtual Worlds - Interview with Martin Biallas

The See planet is being developed by NEVERDIE studios, which are also responsible for some of the other upcoming planets. How do you ensure that your planet is uniquely different from the others? Are you hiring a dedicated and exclusive team of artists to give your planet that particular feeling of uniqueness you are looking for? Or are you using the approach used by Peter Jackson for Lord of the Rings, where dozens of concepts were developed, and Peter walked through the room going: "That one, that one, ooh, I like that, that needs spikes", etc?

Neverdie Studios, and its visionary leader, Jon Jacobs, are definitely building our worlds - but we have plans to bring dozens of worlds into the Universe and so there will be other approved developers working on these planets in the future also. We have a dedicated team of experts on each themed project, in some cases this includes the original artists or Production Designers of the films being showcased, and at other times Studio personnel that are experts in the genre. I can assure you that each world will have a very different look and feel than any other one, and of course you will be immersed into the specific title - even game play will be tailored to the subject to whatever degree possible. As you know, we have only just begun production, and so there will be many surprises that even I don't know about yet!! But each world will be unique and a credit to both the players of EU and the IP these worlds represent.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209

Exclusive interview with NEVERDIE about Next Island

Hi NEVERDIE. Thank you for taking the time to answer our reader�s questions. Perhaps first you could give us a brief introduction to the team at NEVERDIE studios? How many of you are there, which backgrounds do your people have, and which roles do they fulfill?

NEVERDIE Studios is based in the heart of Hollywood, but we are actually in the process of moving to a new bigger studio in the next 6 weeks. We have been operating very lean and mean for the first year. We are currently hiring and I anticipate a minimium of 30 full time staff by the end of january 2010. Currently the team is a mix of recent graduates from Game Design colleges and guys with 2 -3 years experience in the field.

We handle everything from game design, level design, concept art, character modelling, environment art, animation etc. For now Mindark do all the coding for the platform. The owner of the planet is Next Island Inc. It is a New York based company founded by David Post, who has a background in News Media. NEVERDIE Studios is the contracted developer. We play a very creative role and will do our best to steer things in the right direction after launch. We are not currently responsible for the community relations and marketing.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413

Entropia Planets Presents: ROCKtropia interview with NEVERDIE

First of all, we'd be interested to find out who "owns" ROCKtropia as a planet and/or Project, and how the business model for it is set up?

ROCKtropia is owned by Virtual Music Worlds llc, more info about that company and its structure will be available in due course. For now all emphasis is on ROCKtropia.

This can be both challenged by both a partner organisation in court if they suspect any form of "possible" corruption, including without substancial proof (ie. On a whim/suspicion) or by a competing participant in the environment.

On top of this his ability to actively be a partner organisation on the platform with his own world and be a participant that has revenue generating investments on another partner's world in the platform would mean that MindArk would need to allow all other partner organisations the ability to do this.

Meaning we would have CRD China or CKI or SEE or "insert partner organisation avatar name here" buying up land areas on Calypso bidding against other "platform player/client participants" on any other partner planet in the platform.

This is why I asked in my post if this is path MindArk wishes to follow this path in allowing partners to compete against participants for virtual assets.

And to clarify, Jon Jacobs is no longer just a participant.

He is a partner to MindArk and with "Neverdie Studios" is a consultant to the development cycle of other MindArk partners with priviledge knowledge, no matter how small or large this inside knowledge may be.

Unfortunately the catch-22 is that there is the potential that other partners "could possibly" threaten to legally challenge MindArk if requests are not met (whatever they may be) hinging their challenge around Jon Jacobs conflict of interest.

ie. Using it as leverage to get what they want over the negotiating position of MindArk - aka forcing them into submission / corruption / being held over a barrel etc.

It is not only partners that can initiate this legal process. Other participants that use the service can also initiate it based on a whim/suspicion.

So the "drama" in this thread is not surrounding ND setting a most profit record, the "drama" is about his careless promotion of his "conflict of interest" in business.

It is not if there is - There is.

Unless MindArk is to come out and say that any partner organisation can purchase any "revenue generating" virtual asset (Anything with the capacity to produce a profit) on any world in the platform.

Though where would this leave the participant's interest in involving themselves in Entropia if they know they will be up against big business like China CRD, CKI & SEE Virtual Worlds to compete for any chance of owning their own virtual asset at a semi-reasonable price ?

PS. Sorry I am tired, I hope that long winded reply made sense.

Last edited:

Im so happy its not written by FPC :)

The style is horrible, i must say awful for everyone with higher IQ than 100 >D

Anyway i agree it should have some PR but not this one :D, and also konve nicely pointed out a lot of "mistakes" in that article.

There is no conflict and it is allowed. Anyone can issue press releases they see fit. The question was if this was a FPC release, which it wasn't.

There is no conflict and it is allowed. Anyone can issue press releases they see fit. The question was if this was a FPC release, which it wasn't.

Thx Marco, that would have been my interpretation. ;)

@ Lavawalker

The risk is always there if you are a player and at the same time involved in doing work as a partner... This is an extremely tricky bit...

... and above all, He is (They are) in no way related to MA / FPC... (other the simply "participants" of course)...

Stupid news article.

It is banal.

The real news story would be why DF is paying ND this sum of money.

No way on earth would someone like DF pay this price for something that MA forgot.

It is a money transfer, pure and simple.

As a one line answer:

A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation for an act in the other.
And to clarify, Jon Jacobs is no longer just a participant.

It doesn't bother me seeing what (some) people do for gaining some advantages, but it bothers me to see this... charade.
Have another look at the posts above; anyone thinking differently, has issues IMO. I posted many times before, with links, about the relation between ND and MA, but some are still convinced that it's nothing like that.
I've got nothing against marketing, PR and such; I've got something against trying to fool people by simply implying that everyone else's intellectual capacity is far below those who can think of such schemes.

Thx Marco, that would have been my interpretation. ;)

@ Lavawalker

The risk is always there if you are a player and at the same time involved in doing work as a partner... This is an extremely tricky bit...

Well this is Marco's call.

This will mean by default any partner organisation can produce an avatar and bid for any virtual asset on any planet in the system against the participating client base, which ofc means Neverdie would not in a conflict of interest in this instance.

^^ Is this what you are saying Marco, please be specific ?

However being direct adviser to the development cycle for these organisations with Neverdie Studios.

Jon Jacobs still is in a position of "conflict of interest" as per my last post.

Best you properly speak to your legal team there at MA if you wish to extend your reply to cover Jon Jacobs with his direct development of Partner worlds.

ie - More than the PR release on the "most profit" being able to participate as well as be a partner to MindArk.

Sure no conflict of interest on releasing the PR about setting a record, however Neverdie IS in a situation of conflict of interest with being directly part of the development cycle of these partner worlds and also an investing platform participant.

Last edited:
Anyway the answer is obvious no matter how you want to gel it up.

My concern was not with him registering a record for "most profit" made on an item;

But to > Bring the unnecessary spotlight attention to his direct conflict of interest in doing the PR spotlight release from Neverdie Studios as the source promoting Neverdie Studio & Worlds without proper mention of FPC/Calypso.

Conflict of Interest being:

1. A Client - Being an investing participant/avatar on the platform.
  2. A Partner to MindArk - Through his holding interests in Virtual Music Worlds LLC owning partner planet "Rocktopia".
  3. A Developer for platform partner worlds - Next Island, SEE Virtual Worlds & Rocktopia with detailed inside information on the specifics of
    these worlds with "Neverdie Stuidos" developing them as per referenced interviews with Neverdie & Martin Biallas of SEE in post #79.

Last edited:
Here, we have a set standard - it's a guinness world record - note that the record above was not, or it would have been mentioned.

And no mention of the CP sale? :rolleyes:

For the other things, like "virtual king" stuff, see his wikipedia page and you will see the sources of most stuff :silly2:

The point is, it's important to point out that "We noticed it's bullshit, now don't do it again! *rage*" ;)

:popcorn: As the egg rolls....

Marco: " Damnit! Have we fired the idiot who came up with this stupid "egg" thing yet?"

It would be a giant kick in the nuts if the egg finnally hatches and the new owner makes even more money from it:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyway the answer is obvious no matter how you want to gel it up.

My concern was not with him registering a record for "most profit" made on an item;

But to > Bring the unnecessary spotlight attention to his direct conflict of interest in doing the PR spotlight release from Neverdie Studios as the source promoting Neverdie Studio & Worlds without proper mention of FPC/Calypso.

Conflict of Interest being:

1. A Client - Being an investing participant/avatar on the platform.
  2. A Partner to MindArk - Through his holding interests in Virtual Music Worlds LLC owning partner planet "Rocktopia".
  3. A Developer for platform partner worlds - Next Island, SEE Virtual Worlds & Rocktopia with detailed inside information on the specifics of
    these worlds with "Neverdie Stuidos" developing them as per referenced interviews with Neverdie & Martin Biallas of SEE in post #79.

Wouldn't the results of this press release need to become evident before this actually turns into something negative? As long as the end result is more publicity for the game along side Neverdie I don't think think there will be problems. ND is still playing EU and not any other planet game. Anyone that hears this and becomes interested will of course learn of everyon else. Even if the conflict were to be aknowledged negative results have yet to appear.

Please flame and correct if I make no sense.

Back