Virtual Egg Sold for $69,696 USD -- "NEVERDIE" Avatar Sets Virtual World Record (Marketwire via Yahoo! Finance)

It would be a giant kick in the nuts if the egg finnally hatches and the new owner makes even more money from it:laugh::laugh::laugh:

IMHO I always thought it was going to be this way since ND bought it and we went on this ahhhh....the egg extended resolution to that event.

I still think big ticket press worthy items will always have some built in success baring someone selling the item to the TT.

It may take years but eventually there will be that press worthy hook even for things like the virtual banks and malls.

Sometimes things are an instant success and an investor makes their money back ASAP other times it takes a while before things are tweaked to fill a niche where the masses use it.

Does MA want the biggest virtual item profit to fall on its face with a flop or make it look like investing close to 70K USD is a good thing?

Ahhh well conflict of interest does not seem to be an issue with MA or ND at the moment. I guess its just something you have to accept in EU if not then might be time to find a new piece of the overall digital online universe to call a VR home lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wouldn't the results of this press release need to become evident before this actually turns into something negative? As long as the end result is more publicity for the game along side Neverdie I don't think think there will be problems. ND is still playing EU and not any other planet game. Anyone that hears this and becomes interested will of course learn of everyon else. Even if the conflict were to be aknowledged negative results have yet to appear.

Please flame and correct if I make no sense.
No negative impact you say? This is good for getting people interested in EU? How about KEEPING people interested? You know... the people that are actually paying for this; are we concerned about the future-to-be-players, but don't give a damn about the current player base, or what they think?

It would be a giant kick in the nuts if the egg finnally hatches and the new owner makes even more money from it:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Well... it depends who's nuts :nutkick:
:rofl:

Wow, interesting thread...

Okay first of all a quick reminder

http://newsblaze.com/story/2006072013422000003.mwir/topstory.html

When I purchased the EGG for $10,000 I issued a Press release, as a result the Egg made it into a few stories.

I excitedly waited for the Egg to hatch... 2010 comes around and I have an AWFUL lot going on.. I have invested all my spare cash into my studio, I have sold 5 Land areas on Calypso including one with a Unique mob Phasm to get me through tight spots... DF bought 3 of those land Areas...

DF has been interested in the EGG for a long time, but I have been treasuring it, Waiting for the hatch, However I am expanding my studio right now and I was concerned I might be very short of cash so i put the Egg in auction for $100k, alas No bidders...

DF made a Private offer, But I didn't want to sell the Egg Privately, that would have been very anticlimactic....

I managed to get over my little Hump with the Studio Expansion, so i didnt need to sell the EGG, but I do have a very Exciting New Record, and I want to Spend some money on the video. So I decide Okay I got so much going on in my life... I will be distracted even when it does hatch, so maybe its better for it to be in the hands of someone who is very focused on Calypso instead of someone with feet on many other Entropia planets, Because The EGG is supposedly central to the Calypso Storyline... SO

I Put the Egg in Auction knowing there is one very interested party, hoping that perhaps someone else might take an interest and The EGG SELLS!

$70,000 USD... That's a Whopping Price and and it is the END of The NEVERDIE and The EGG Story... Now this has nothing to do with FPC, their EGG story will continue when they are ready..

So In the Same Way I released the Story of me Buying the Egg in 2006, i put out a release of me selling the EGG in 2010 and because its not all about the money to me, because Money goes very Quickly through my hands as I try to create stuff, I lead the story into my plans to re-invest the profits into "One More Crazy Summer..."

www.CHERIMOON.com

You will notice that the NEVERDIE label scored its first Bonafide club hit on the Music Week Charts, this has been a dream of mine for a long time and is an integral part of the Growing NEVERDIE Story...

.... So these are the facts..

Man buys Egg for $10,000 and announces it to the world who thinks he's mad.

Man Sell Egg for $69,696 and announces it to the World to Show there is method to his madness...

FPC and Deathifer and the Calypso community will enjoy further adventures with the EGG and I will hatch My own MONSTER "One More Crazy Summer" from the PED I got from the EGG and I will share it with the World...

I like this story and I gotta document it... Coz its an amazing Story and it could only have happened in Entropia Universe...

Believe me I would have been thrilled to bits to be a part of FPC's conclusion of the EGG Story, I always thought I would be But hey timing is everything and I got an offer that made more sense to me so i wrote my own end for now!!

And remember I didnt even loot the Egg, i just kept it warm for a few years looking like a nutcase for buying it, so as the Purchaser of a $10,000 Mystery item, I deserved to have some fun with it!

I genuinely hope and Wish that FPC finish the story in Amazing Style and that Deathifier looks Like a genius for getting it off me for such a Cheap price and that whatever hatches makes the Calypso Experience Richer for Everyone!

For me not to be the loser here, i gotta have a Huge hit record with One More Crazy Summer by Cheri moon with Mixes from Soulshakers, Stereojackers and Bass monkeys!!!

I invite you to follow the Split in the Egg Story to See if indeed "one More Crazy Summer" becomes the MONSTER Summer Anthem of 2010 and then Boy oh boy we can all marvel together at the Wonders of what can be accomplished in Entropia Universe..

Lastly as an avatar, my profession, is Adventurer, Entertainer, showman, Musician... There are no guns for sale in EU or even a skill tree for my profession so I have to figure out how to play this game all by myself and that EGG sure looked like a Big Drum for me to bang on!!!

Last edited:
As in all oline games the ones who trash talk ND, Death or their buisness are only the ones who are pissed off they aren't the ones standing there.

Since both death and ND earn a shitload more than any of u twits laughing and complaining, doesn't that make you the idiots and them the smart buisnessmen?

Only drawback with this game are the retards that cant get over their small value in the game and spend time whining about more experienced players doings.

There are several ways of getting attention... splashing about a lot of cash for pixels is one of them... and any publicity is good publicity... right ;)

sigpic20824_2.gif

So In the Same Way I released the Story of me Buying the Egg in 2006, i put out a release of me selling the EGG in 2010 and because its not all about the money to me, because Money goes very Quickly through my hands as I try to create stuff, I lead the story into my plans to re-invest the profits into "One More Crazy Summer..."

www.CHERIMOON.com

You will notice that the NEVERDIE label scored its first Bonafide club hit on the Music Week Charts, this has been a dream of mine for a long time and is an integral part of the Growing NEVERDIE Story...

good luck with your video, i know how quickly the waters can change in the music buisness and this video will be every bit as big of a gamble as buying the egg in the first place, lets hope it brings you similar sucess

The story continues in two different veins now and these things can only bring more exposure of the community.

Looking forward to the future :) And all the best to NEVERDIE and Deathifier. :wtg:

C

Ahhh... the scandal.

A lot of people laughed upon hearing a bloke from England mortgaged his house to buy a virtual asteroid....

A lot of people laughed when a nerdy looking kid purchased some island in a video game....

Whose laughing now!!!

MindArk :laugh:

OMG a real world article involving EU with out the RCE this blah blah blah RCE that blah blah blah. Something was said regarding real happenings in game.

It was finally good to see something with a reasoning behind it to actually give readers a taste of WHY we play and how things like the sale of big items effect many things besides the pocketbooks of the makers.

Yes it is a huge promotion for Neverdie and his projects but hey he made the effort to do something not only on his own behalf but for the community buy pumping up the game and not the owners hype about money.

so far the best comment and someone who actually understands whats really going on.

and come on you guys didn't get thats what he was doing with all the hints he dropped?

Can't wait for the video to be done.

this really shows the potential in virtual reality feuling real world interest.

Tough call though cause i know the egg will be worth much much more then the 70k but Cheri needs to keep striking while the Irons hot so I understand it's a good move and shows his love for her and the importance of her career.

Neverdie,

I would like to point out to you that my first post in annoyance was
nothing to do with the story behind "The EGG" & Neverdie.

I am glad you set a new record for the "most profit" made from a virtual item.
I am glad you registered this record.

However your selected approach to promoting this was a poor decision.

^^ I am also glad you kept "The Egg" warm, that it is now out of your system and that your now off to help Cheri Moon become a bigger success, etc.

"The Egg" & NeverDie "as the Entropia Universe participant"
(ie. Not the Entropia Universe game designer & content developer) has nothing to do with NeverDie Studios of which the large reading audience of Yahoo Finance who may know little about Entropia Universe yet are not exactly kids (inc those in grown up bodies) playing computer games with no clue about business, commerce and the commercial laws surrounding both of these.

Promoting this through Neverdie Studios as the release source brings unnecessary attention/awareness to your unquestionable conflict of interest position as a playing & investing avatar in a game which you are also responsible for developing content in and of whom you are also directly partnered with MindArk as a planet owner through Virtual World Music LLC.

Not to mention there was no real mention of FPC or Calypso on which "The Egg" story has all evolved upon, nor any public relations links to contact them in the release.

We (Calypsian participants) already have growing portions of our community already talking about your conflict of interest, some who do not really care and those who find MindArk to be untrustworthy due to their position of overlooking it / turning a blind eye.

Then there are also the "conspiracies" that follow such as those you are close to and those who are beta testing, "slowly" selling off their virtual assets which may tie them to planet Calypso such as LandAreas, Malls and what-not.

^^ Sure these are small things though they do not go under the radar of which questions are asked and of which reasons are speculated etc.

I would like to make clear to you that I realise the effort and energy you are putting in to making this platform happen.

The interviews you have done with EntropiaPlanets and that other partners have done that your developing content from the ground up for, have been very insightful.

So on a personal level I am happy to overlook this conflict of interest between the three points of you being a participant, a partner and a developer in Entropia Universe unless it ever one day became a direct issue for myself.

^^ Highly unlikely, I only play this game for entertainment and doubt that I will have any further interest in Entropia Universe other than this.

However there are those who are anti-favouritism in the "business context" in believing that MindArk is required to have a strong "Ethics Policy" in place as a financial services business with setting a rule on participation (of which they have done) and then stick to it without bending such rules which leads to commercial distrust and the belief of potential future corruption of that organisations under-takings.

Your post in this linked thread below states your desires to hold on to your ability to participate on the platform as a participant. It also demonstrates the division that has and continues to occur in the Calypsian community over your ability to participate on the platform as an active participant investing into revenuie generating assets while in your unquestionable conflict of interest position/bind.

LINK > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...neverdie-should-allowed-own-property-now.html

Why do you then take such a foolish approach to stir up this division in our community and bring further awareness/attention to your unquestionable conflict of interest position ? :rolleyes:

^^ Potentally gearing more of the community to become negative towards MindArk in distrusting the legitimacy of their statements which also reflects directly back on to FPC being owned and operated by MindArk with their initial incorporation made up from personnel of parent MindArk.

Last edited:
He wanted some cash... it was his to sell, he sold a damn egg and made money to help his girlfriend, whilst at the same time promoting EU in much the same way CND/CP sale did, thus creating hype near the launch of his new planet. I see absoloutely nothing controversial or.. wrong, or even a conflict of interest in any of this..

It was a good move for HIM, and accomplished a lot of his goals in one, while negatively effecting... nobody.

He boosted interest in EU, he advertised his new planets/business ventures, he advertised Cherri Moons new song and video, he made money, he broke a record and he created hype.

All these benefits are what 'HE' valued the egg at.

Also, on the other end, Deathifier received something he wanted and was willing to pay that ammount for, because he isn't in ND's situation, all those benefits of selling don't apply to him, 'HE' values the egg at $69,696.

I don't see this division you refer too?

The only thing that is left is to see what MA value the egg at. I doubt MA will let it fall on its ****. They know that this will be news-worthy when it hatches.. and I don't think "all publicity is good publicity" applies here if a bottle of sweat pops out?

He wanted some cash... it was his to sell, he sold a damn egg and made money to help his girlfriend, whilst at the same time promoting EU in much the same way CND/CP sale did, thus creating hype near the launch of his new planet. I see absoloutely nothing controversial or.. wrong, or even a conflict of interest in any of this..

So you see no conflict of interest in him being an investing player using the service as a participant.

Having extremely detailed information on the other planets since he is the one designing and building them through Neverdie Studios.

And also being a partner to MindArk with Rocktopia his own planet.

No conflict of interest at all :rolleyes: :laugh:

His reasoning behind selling the egg and the egg story there is nothing wrong with which is what your refering to Spinage.

It is the inside information + post launch future guidance of some of the partner worlds such as Next Island - meaning knowing what virtual assets will be up for grabs and when in advance since he is the one developing them which places a big question mark over his head and over the heads of many that he is close to, some of which are beta testing these new worlds in advance of their launch.

When he starts mixing his "desire to participate" with his "business of designing the game and producing content for the game" through Neverdie Studios as a developer then there is a commercial conflict of interest.

MindArk employees can not have an avatar that is allowed to invest in to revenue generating virtual assets for personal gain, bidding against the participant client base, nor does FPC allow it.

But does this mean other partners can allow it ? Neverdie being a partner to MindArk with Rocktopia.

Neverdie has detailed inside information down to the grass roots since he is designing and developing these worlds for Next Island, SEE Virtual Worlds first released world and ofc of his own planet Rocktopia and also guiding these partner worlds post launch.

Conflict of Interest being:

1. A Client - Being an investing participant/avatar on the platform.
  2. A Partner to MindArk - Through his holding interests in Virtual Music Worlds LLC owning partner planet "Rocktopia".
  3. A Developer for platform partner worlds - Next Island, SEE Virtual Worlds & Rocktopia with detailed inside information on the specifics of
    these worlds with "Neverdie Stuidos" developing them as per referenced interviews with Neverdie & Martin Biallas of SEE in post #79.

Maybe you do not realise what a commercial conflict of interest actually is ?

A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation for an act in the other.

^^ This also includes the direct promotion of his development business "Neverdie Studios" using an achievement outside of this organisation's involvement.

Press Release Source:
NEVERDIE Studios On Wednesday February 3, 2010, 10:42 am EST

"The Egg" & NeverDie "as the Entropia Universe participant"
(ie. Not the Entropia Universe game design & content development company) has nothing to do with NeverDie Studios.

It is not that I do not trust the guy personally, it is that the potential/possibility of corruption is present;

Whether by himself directly as a participant or through 3rd parties which his interests span multiple organisations that Neverdie Studios designs the game, develops the content and will be guiding post launch.

There is no arguemet on the subject, this potential for corruption in this financial services business RCE platform "Entropia Universe" is present.

The point of my post was merely to point out how foolish it was to make a big song and dance to light up the bind he is in with the method he chose to promote his new "Most Profit" record & the end of his experience/story with "The Egg".

^^ And that is all.

Let us not turn this into a bigger deal than it already is about Neverdie's COI bind and those amongst us beta testing these new worlds pre-launch.

Portions of the community are already stirred of which it is already having a significant impact on choices made in the Calypso economy by these people, including their willingness to participate further.

There was no reason to have further exacerbated the situation with the approach he used.

Also having released this promotion in the way that it was handled by Neverdie Studios as the source, through Yahoo Finance with a viewing audience that would pick up on the COI quickly, in my mind is another damaging blow to Mindarks' attempt to legitimizing Entropia Universe as a trusted financial services business in the real world with a strong and clear cut "ethics policy" in place that would not allow for such commercial conflicts of interest in a financial transaction based environment that could potentially lead to corruption in any form involving finance.

^^ Which made up for part of my congradulations:

Congradulations for hitting the top 10 list of the stupidest things I have seen an organisation do in my time, especially considering the revenue turnover of some these contracted partner organisations involved with MindArk Entropia Universe.

I hope MindArk takes this onboard and assigns one of their sharper tools in the shed with experience in media releases as the "Entropia Universe Platform Media Release Review Officer" by which all media release material relating to Entropia Universe by organisations intimately involved with MindArk or Partners is reviewed, approved and the appropriate parties notified before release.

Avoiding:

FPC was not involved in any way in this release. I became aware of its existance when time it got online here on EF.

Last edited:
I have yet to see anything developed by neverdie in the game and even if there was he is still a player that pursued development.

Entropia Universe is a unique beast. I think no matter what the current rules are that they're going to change with the times because it's not the same as other games. Some of the rules can be bent.

There are many ways plays can have a "conflict of interest" in this game since as the whole economy is driven by the playerbase.

E.G I am sure the LA4 owner would LOVE it if merp wool was to be 500% MU.

But thats being petty. You are reading too much into things, thats all I can say. It's not effecting you negatively so you shouldn't be so obsessed with it. Just my opinion

I will get round to reading your post another day... too much text for me and im tired at the moment.

Thread summary:

blah blah blah.. jealous bitter replies. :wtg:

gratz Deathifier - another smart acquisition I'm sure :wtg:

I have yet to see anything developed by neverdie in the game and even if there was he is still a player that pursued development.

Im quite sure there was PC content among other things at some point... how hard were you looking?

Also did you miss the part where hes building an entire planet on the entropia platform?

Just out of curiosity, since it appears to be ok for ND to own CND which is part of planet calypso does this mean that other planet partners would be allowed to own land, property etc on his planet? Hypothetically, if a FPC or CKI avatar purchased the LA's on next island?

Could be worth keeping an eye on.

Actually I'd say that it's a kick in the nuts for the poor sod who's job it now is to come up with some mega beastie or event based on this virtual ovoid.

Isn't the question we all have, like or dislike the press and PR....WFT is going to be in there that's worth all this money ?

Another thing that crossed my mind.
IF I had bought it, it's an egg...possible to resell as it's happened before...as an egg. BUT, what happens when it isn't an egg anymore wouldn't be up to me would it? I'd imagine I'd have no control of that, or indeed when or if it hatched?

Assuming that it DOES hatch one day, surely that will be a bit of an event in itself and will require the owner to be warned? Not much fun opening you inventory one day and finding it's all happened while you slept is it?

I bet the MA/FPC boys wish they'd never come up with this egg :rolleyes:

t

Now we just wait for the new headline ,"Most expensive ingame item thrown at previous owner!"

Ahhhhh the egg... :rolleyes:

i guess i'm not following.

how exactly do these other worlds interact with calypso? can you freely move from one to the other?

In a word:

Yes

so, someone who owns a big chunk of land, is developing another planet, which will be tied directly to the current world.. where he can take his current character ingame back and forth?

Reported as yes however conditions about what you can do with those items remains understandably varied.
But anyways this is off topic for the EGG;)

Back