Question: What is the main reason for the inflated prices of high end weapons and gear

What is the reason behind the inflated prices?

• More people "working" from home during covid - prices will reverse when people get back to work

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • US stimi checks - prices will reverse when "free" money supply ends

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • A combination of the above - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Other reason - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other reason - prices will continue higher

Votes: 48 45.3%

• Total voters
I always wonder why MA introduced NEW high end equipment rather than upgrade old outdated items making them viable again. (They did a few)
for the same reason u buy a new phone once in a while and not upgrade an nokia 3310

for the same reason u buy a new phone once in a while and not upgrade an nokia 3310
oh.. The Phone of the all PHONES!!! 1000 years from now they will dig up those phones still with 2 bars of battery......

Seems this thread went off topic.

I believe it’s the codex and covid and the stimi checks combined

It's a combo.

#1. CODEX= Means players are farming a weapon codex category in gun levels and are advancing fast towards a desired level quickly.
#2. COVID= Means players are working from home and had huge amount of game time to harvest skills and upgrade.
#3. GREED= In some cases.

:twocents:

Last edited:
WOW!

This thread has become a plot of land: everyone is digging up a new rock and claiming IT is why the grass won't grow.

GREED and MANIPULATION.

Period.

And the resellers doing it are laughing their heads off.

Not only high end. A Rookie Terramaster just sold for 250 ped, increasing fast from its last MU at 180.

Reasons? I guess... before there was internet we used to meet up in pubs and play cards and exchange the same old stories again and again. Stupid amounts of money were spent on beer at inflated prices. Is this better today?

Time to farm some dislikes :dance:

From the perspective of someone who started playing during covid… it seems pretty clear to me that most of the people confused by these prices are either not gamers or just have a bad understanding of basic financial principles.

Depending on what caliber of item you are looking at, ranging from the low-end to high-end, most items that the majority of people will use can be paid off anywhere from 100 to 10000 hours when just considering the markup saved. If you factor in the better loot composition from better DPP and the actual better return from higher efficiency, it shrinks a bit. A full ROI within a month to a year or two is actually pretty good :)

It actually blows my mind how cheap some things were a couple years ago. Mid-level 2.0 weapons became a pretty obvious pickup to me really early on, and it only took a few hours doing Eomon after seeing the loot composition to know that it would be worth buying good armor instead of using something even as cheap as bargain bin martial (L) and plates.

Then again, I’m not really sure what to expect after these threads keep popping up. Unlocking commando within the first 6 months was pretty easy... and scientist not long afterwards.. meanwhile I see the usual shitposters making posts about prices also posting things like, “I unlocked butchering!” … after 10+ years :laugh:

If you are literally killing young Argonaut and Kerberos for 60 minutes per week and sweating the rest of it then I don’t know why you are concerning yourself with items you can’t even use. I say this sincerely: Use Limited items and save yourself the headache.

Also, you know that in modern games it isn’t uncommon for people to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars per month, right? And I’m using the word spend – not deposit. You aren’t actually “spending” the full purchase value of unlimited gear… you can sell it and withdraw that money at any time. What you “spend” is the difference of what you paid, the markup saved, and the value you sell it for when you are done.

Curious to see what happens if MA actually catches up to modern game development standards and upgrades to a modern engine on top of it.:tiphat:

Not only high end. A Rookie Terramaster just sold for 250 ped, increasing fast from its last MU at 180.

Reasons? I guess... before there was internet we used to meet up in pubs and play cards and exchange the same old stories again and again. Stupid amounts of money were spent on beer at inflated prices. Is this better today?
I think the Rookie Terramaster is used for scanning for "waves". Low drop cost, when you find a "wave" you switch to a normal finder with amps.
Not something I have tried (I don't even mine that much) but have read about it.
For example this "complete mining setup": https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/selling-full-mining-setup.283544/

I think the Rookie Terramaster is used for scanning for "waves". Low drop cost, when you find a "wave" you switch to a normal finder with amps.
Not something I have tried (I don't even mine that much) but have read about it.
For example this "complete mining setup": https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/selling-full-mining-setup.283544/
But this can be achieved with the TT finder. Granted it's less convenient since you have to change your key binding often because its low TT value allows only for a few drops before you need a new one, but for folks who are conscious about tying up money they can't work with for the time being this makes no sense. Tiering it up? If you've ever had one and know what goes into that... I was looking at it for the nostalgia, regretting having sold mine a while ago. But this is out of bounds unless there is another aspect I don't know. I get the impression that there is a general shift in how people value money, anyway.

and it only took a few hours doing Eomon after seeing the loot composition to know that it would be worth buying good armor instead of using something even as cheap as bargain bin martial (L) and plates.

Please explain how armour would influence loot composition?
And also why martial would be inferior to any other UL armour.

Also, you know that in modern games it isn’t uncommon for people to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars per month, right?
Uhh, no?

I know quite some gamers, but NONE of them SPEND thousands of dollars per month on a game!

And if you think that's normal, you should have your head checked. Maybe there are some idiots with just to much money who WASTE thousands of dollars per month on games. But that's hardly normal.
That's just totally moronic!

Sure, if you're a millionaire, why not, But I have a strong feeling most folks here aren't.

Please explain how armour would influence loot composition?
And also why martial would be inferior to any other UL armour.

Uhh, no?

I know quite some gamers, but NONE of them SPEND thousands of dollars per month on a game!

And if you think that's normal, you should have your head checked. Maybe there are some idiots with just to much money who WASTE thousands of dollars per month on games. But that's hardly normal.
That's just totally moronic!

Sure, if you're a millionaire, why not, But I have a strong feeling most folks here aren't.
Wizz enough :) listen.. u r like a dog who wants to piss on every lamp post,

Ppl need to understand one thing and u too... Whats NORMAL for you isnt Normal for everyone else. While i enjoy single malts for a 50quid a bottle u might like a Buckie for 3£... and there could be some one who only buys bottles over 1k£,, its a example. And there is nothing wrong with it!. Dont judge where and how i or everyone else spends they earned monies! Dont go around saying they are stupid or nead head checked! If they want to spend 20k on virtual item let them .. just cuz you cant afford or DONT want to do so dont call rest idiots :) Simples!

Wizz enough :) listen.. u r like a dog who wants to piss on every lamp post,

Ppl need to understand one thing and u too... Whats NORMAL for you isnt Normal for everyone else. While i enjoy single malts for a 50quid a bottle u might like a Buckie for 3£... and there could be some one who only buys bottles over 1k£,, its a example. And there is nothing wrong with it!. Dont judge where and how i or everyone else spends they earned monies! Dont go around saying they are stupid or nead head checked! If they want to spend 20k on virtual item let them .. just cuz you cant afford or DONT want to do so dont call rest idiots :) Simples!
yeah yeah, whatever.

I guess you didn't understand the post as you said "spend" on an virtual item.
He wasn't talking about buying an item, but to SPEND (read: waste) thousands of dollars per month on a game.

And dude, that just ISN'T normal!
As I said, sure, there are a few idiots with to much money on their hands, but to call it normal just isn't....normal.

It's NOT NORMAL to SPEND thousands of dollars per month on a game.
The AVERAGE (read: normal) income isn't even thousands dollar per month!

So, again, how can you call this NORMAL?

Lol, cuz I can't afford it? How do you know?
But no, I won't piss away thousands of dollars per month on a game.
And yeah, the one who does, I call him/her an idiot...unless he hasn't got a clue on what else to spend it on because he's got mo much of it.
But as I said, that's not the average NORMAL situation.

Last edited:
Kind of a weird post to respond to but okay.

Regarding the loot composition thing, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I could have worded that instead as, "I saw the loot composition of a particular mob and realized it was good. However, I then realized that the ped lost in markup (even on a cheap armor such as martial L) would be substantial. Even Eomon Young is 100+ damage. The decay generated per hour even with ~65 evade is quite high. I could grind Eomon for several hours a day throughout migration, participate in mayhem, and in a year or two (pending hours played) I could pay off my armor at prices that people consider "ridiculous" and then sell it back, netting more ROI than most rl low risk investments.

And in regards to the spending, idk what to tell you. I think you are out of touch with what is happening in gaming - especially eastern game markets... 1-2k monthly spending is 12-24k yearly disposable income.. can't say much else without possibly breaking some forum TOS I assume 😟

yeah yeah, whatever.

I guess you didn't understand the post as you said "spend" on an virtual item.
He wasn't talking about buying an item, but to SPEND (read: waste) thousands of dollars per month on a game.

And dude, that just ISN'T normal!
As I said, sure, there are a few idiots with to much money on their hands, but to call it normal just isn't....normal.

It's NOT NORMAL to SPEND thousands of dollars per month on a game.
The AVERAGE (read: normal) income isn't even thousands dollar per month!

So, again, how can you call this NORMAL?

Lol, cuz I can't afford it? How do you know?
But no, I won't piss away thousands of dollars per month on a game.
And yeah, the one who does, I call him/her an idiot...unless he hasn't got a clue on what else to spend it on because he's got mo much of it.
But as I said, that's not the average normal situation.
U still dont get it!! .. WHATS NOT NORMAL for you MIGHT BE NORMAL FOR SOME ONE ELSE!

This goes deep now...

But its one life to live.. so if i want to piss my peds away why would i been judge by some one like you !? I do what makes ME HAPPY if it is spedning 10k on a vrtual item dont judge me just cuz you dont want to do it. ;)

And in regards to the spending, idk what to tell you. I think you are out of touch with what is happening in gaming - especially eastern game markets... 1-2k monthly spending is 12-24k yearly disposable income.. can't say much else without possibly breaking some forum TOS I assume 😟

Ok, I guess that if that's "NORMAL", if spending thousands of dollars per month is the standard, then the majority of players here are abnormal, I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Btw, I really couldn't care less if people actuallly do it, all Im saying, IT'S NOT FREAKING NORMAL!!

U still dont get it!! .. WHATS NOT NORMAL for you MIGHT BE NORMAL FOR SOME ONE ELSE!
No, YOU don't get it, do you?

What the average folks do, THAT's what I call normal.
What some exceptional cases do, isn't NORMAL.

Is that to hard to understand?

But, nvm, I guess the majority here WASTE thousands of dollar per month and I'm surely the exception to the rule.
I get it, I'm abnormal.
No problem.

No, YOU don't get it, do you?

What the average folks do, THAT's what I call normal.
What some exceptional cases do, isn't NORMAL.

Is that to hard to understand?

But, nvm, I guess the majority here WASTE thousands of dollar per month and I'm surely the exception to the rule.
I get it, I'm abnormal.
No problem.
yeah but why do u care so much where ppl spend they monie on? Its not yours lol?

Then again, I’m not really sure what to expect after these threads keep popping up. Unlocking commando within the first 6 months was pretty easy... and scientist not long afterwards.. meanwhile I see the usual shitposters making posts about prices also posting things like, “I unlocked butchering!” … after 10+ years :laugh:
FYI, Butchering wasn't available years ago. The point here is that resellers are only holding and pushing values up, they have multiple UL items of various skill levels and will only sell for more than they bought it for. There are certain individuals who hold these items hostage, as they themselves cannot even use them.

The point here is that resellers are only holding and pushing values up, they have multiple UL items of various skill levels and will only sell for more than they bought it for. There are certain individuals who hold these items hostage, as they themselves cannot even use them.
So let them hold it what would eventually happen if they keep it for 20 years since none of them are able to use it? Its not like they will say at some point " ok I will start grind with them and recover my investment since no one will buy them anymore"

FYI, Butchering wasn't available years ago. The point here is that resellers are only holding and pushing values up, they have multiple UL items of various skill levels and will only sell for more than they bought it for. There are certain individuals who hold these items hostage, as they themselves cannot even use them.
Kind of telling here.. anyone with skills to actually utilize these items would automatically unlock butchering with purely alertness/dex/perception/analysis/serendipity etc.

Reseller thing sounds like a conspiracy theory or bitterness about their income. Their inventory isn't as big as you think it is.

I can tell you from experience with Anyzteoz and other resellers... items they acquire are generally from people trying to get ped fast to buy something else, or from people quitting the game.

Yeah, resellers obviously pay less for their items just as any pawn style broker would - then they sell it for the price the original seller wanted to get under ideal circumstances. When resellers are out there actively trying to buy things they are generally trying to buy/trade their stock (acquired at a discount) for items that someone else has asked them to acquire for them through their network and acquaintances. They take a huge risk from an investment standpoint. Margins are actually pretty mediocre.

Ironically I've gotten better prices/deals from some of the used car salesmen of Entropia like Anyzteoz and Tsunade than I have from some of the "ethical anti-resellers" out there :laugh: If they sit on an item long enough they'll eventually sell it for what they paid for it and call it even (look at the lp40 currently on auction for reference).. you just have to wait it out and hope nobody else wants it for full price.

The first FEN item dropped Mon, 15 Oct 2018

We're at the mid-way point between FEN and TWEN.

Prices will be at the their highest now and their lowest for just before TWEN starts when folks are freeing up cash for the new wave of items.

This isn't to say MindArk and the Planet Partners don't release a wave of new high EFF/high-end gear in the coming year or so when they re-introduce Mayhem and Unreal Engine 5. We could be in for a series of new gear waves leading up to TWEN and beyond.

Side note, the only problem with looking at gear as an investment is that you need to utilize it to realize the investment potential. This is far different from investing in deeds or the stock market for instance where the gains are found passively. If you're going to make Entropia your main income source you sure as hell could invest in the top gear and make it work but you gotta be willing to dish out that startup capital like any other business. You'll also be working a helluva lot more than 80hrs/week to do it but if you enjoy what you're doing it doesn't really matter I suppose.

i think we are very near to the point now

prices rise for 3 main reason was said

2 of those are no matter, some player ahve more time, made their calculationa nd said OK
i can throw 10k EUR into an item (or 50k its no matter) and have best tool for my Lockdown home detention
that is PERFECT

this lead some big pocket ppl buy the items at any price lower than that on the paradigm "if Marco paid 100k also XYZ will pay 100k"
if it happens, there is a fresh hunter well dressed and we are at point 2, someone made some ped, good for him

if this does not happen, YES it is a waste to have good items locked in storage
but we cannot force anyone to use them or sell for better
and this is a REAL ECONOMY GAME with the good and bad parts

Biggest pocket get better tool, also in this case nothing wrong.

the part i would like is another.... have TRADABLE P-token and M-token
let's have the biggest pocket buy them and get ALL the weapons off Mayhem trader
40ish more weapon in game will serve all top hunters and let all the "second line" advance a bit
and more firepower lead to more cycle and more market activity

Prices will be at the their highest now and their lowest for just before TWEN starts when folks are freeing up cash for the new wave of items.
You were close to hit the nail in the head by a tiny gazillion light years. What would you grind the TWEN items with? Tokens for them? (L)? :D I don't know what prices will be then of if the current prices are NORMAL or why NORMAL people want NORMAL prices for "exceptional" items... but today's prices are what they are because one main thing: demand. If people won't pay 500k for a sword (LOL!) that means the price of the sword it's not what the seller asks, but just until someone is willing to pay for it. But people will want tool to grind TWEN, not just to sell their tools at premium prices because TWEN will probably make a an active hunter, in some cases, at least twice the price of their weapon...

I hope fewer people fall into the trap of staying on the side and commenting on the prices of things that pass by (as I did for the first 10 years since i made account :D ) I've seen these topics since forever. If ppl wanna do dailies up to rank 2, they don't have to wish for top of the line weapons, use a LC150 (L), it's fine for your activities...

Last edited:
You were close to hit the nail in the head by a tiny gazillion light years. What would you grind the TWEN items with? Tokens for them? (L)? :D I don't know what prices will be then of if the current prices are NORMAL or why NORMAL people want NORMAL prices for "exceptional" items... but today's prices are what they are because one main thing: demand. If people won't pay 500k for a sword (LOL!) that means the price of the sword it's not what the seller asks, but just until someone is willing to pay for it. But people will want tool to grind TWEN, not just to sell their tools at premium prices because TWEN will probably make a an active hunter, in some cases, at least twice the price of their weapon...

I hope fewer people fall into the trap of staying on the side and commenting on the prices of things that pass by... I've seen these topics since forever. If ppl wanna do dailies up to rank 2, they don't have to wish for top of the line weapons, use a LC150 (L), it's fine for your activities...
Any of these would do (the list goes on but these are the top):
index.php

Those damage/pec values are totally strange to me
please robber can you explain how can you rach 4.79 DPP with your genesis?
if you convicne me i will buy one tomorrow

This .. to grind FOR good items u will need good items to grind WITH....
and thus completes the circle. There seems to be a stage in the game, that's seldom discussed, where there is a palpable change in what can be accomplished, if you have the gumption to push through it.

Back