What would you do if you had 20k PEDs?

personally that is a huge amount so i would probably buy with it a low-mid tier UL weapon and amp to give myself something to skill towards, then i would just use the rest as ammo to lay the foundation for later :)

quoting myself as it got 3 dislikes and got me wondering; why is that a bad thing?
It's not a bad thing.
I would advise the same. It's actually what I did with a similar amount of PED, got myself gear and started hunting.

Dislikes are probably because people were wondering if they could get to where they are with that amount of PED.

The amount of ped you start with is irrelevant. The profit per hour/day/month is also irrelevant. A lot of people dream to get to sustainability, a lot of people think the game should not be played if you only profit a little, the truth is that the only thing that matters is how determined you are to achieve your goals and how focused you can be on your path.

Mod nanos are expensive but there are also people who grinded their way up to them without depositing. Once you have a mod nano it doesn't mean it's a guaranteed profit, you still have to do the hard work of finding the MU. Gettign a tool is... actually check the tutorial below:

because of the MU of L guns. For example, a mid-level Armatrix series MU costs more than using a 20% efficiency UL gun...

set some goals try to minimize your expenses and maximize the output constantly. you will lose at the start of your journey 100%, but it gets better and at least you have fun. DO NOT set the goal to earn money, just make the fun part as cheap as possible over time.

Mayhems are coming, collect for big payout (it takes years) and simply try to have fun. In 4 years, you can continue without depositing if you improve your eff/looter/dpp/knowlege percentage by percentage. Your bankroll is your credit card

Or tame tuktuks (or whatever) or heal for 5p/h for 4 years to get another 20k and start jour journey 4y too late :D
Ok thank you, that makes sense.

It's not a bad thing.
I would advise the same. It's actually what I did with a similar amount of PED, got myself gear and started hunting.

Dislikes are probably because people were wondering if they could get to where they are with that amount of PED.

The amount of ped you start with is irrelevant. The profit per hour/day/month is also irrelevant. A lot of people dream to get to sustainability, a lot of people think the game should not be played if you only profit a little, the truth is that the only thing that matters is how determined you are to achieve your goals and how focused you can be on your path.

Mod nanos are expensive but there are also people who grinded their way up to them without depositing. Once you have a mod nano it doesn't mean it's a guaranteed profit, you still have to do the hard work of finding the MU. Gettign a tool is... actually check the tutorial below:

woohoooo thats some darn good motivation right thurr

What would you do if you had 20k PEDs?​

I am always for improving my kit but these days I would probably just use it to add my bankroll for my professions of choice. If I just wanted to throw caution to the wind I would probably end up doing some higher risk activities to see if I can hit a nice loot but those can eat up PEDs like there is no tomorrow. My avatar has hit a bit of a plateau where I have to really weigh ROI on new equipment. There are things I would love to have but sinking that much PED into an item based on the amount of time I can play isn't the best investment strategy. I think that is something that is overlooked by new players. It can take a lot of time and knowledge to take advantage of markup and maybe stumble across a windfall loot in the process.

If I was just starting out I would probably working on getting my avatar kit (armor, weapon, tools) that match my level with enough bankroll to fund my activities and try to sustain that gameplay as long as possible. 20K PEDs can go very quickly if you are not mindful.

No matter what just make sure you are having fun and chalk those 20K PEDs up to entertainment funds.

I had around 19k peds and lost it hunting, mining, crafting, i could have had imp ares, runspeed ring, zorra hk, corrosive blade, trauma 6, mod ek2350 or 2600, and adj resto, also can do some level 5 mining on argus E pvp, maybe buy lich blueprints set and use those and martial/stealth, wont leave much to play, maybe self crafted level 3-5 amp mine first and see if you can make some
Why zorra? 100 range and 3.2 dpp with delta, thats 7% more damage per ped than armatrix, can chip hp away nicely on those 1k+ hp mobs, you can make L armor/fap last longer, 24k~ ped you can shoot before delta breaks, if you get a good fap, you can hunt with a friend or two, so you pay part of ammo, dont shoot, but fap only and get part of loot, they can use then less armor or can do mobs that needs better one

No idea what to hunt for profit, i have lost more than 20k peds :- Been doing my best bets, still dont know for sure.

last 12 months that i can see from support around 14k ped put in, now i am running with like less than 300p available :- with some not so expensive items, dont have any expensive items, vigi set, bear without harness ul

Also sold some stuff for almost 20k ped and lost that too, and i belive more deposits inbetween, i got inheritance years back and deposited 10's k's and bits after bits after. Almost level 70 hehe. Not luckiest player guessing, havent looted any 10k+ items. Yasuki got level 200 cheaper on hes log and got uber items too?

Why zorra? 100 range and 3.2 dpp with delta, thats 7% more damage per ped than armatrix, can chip hp away nicely on those 1k+ hp mobs, you can make L armor/fap last longer, 24k~ ped you can shoot before delta breaks, if you get a good fap, you can hunt with a friend or two, so you pay part of ammo, dont shoot, but fap only and get part of loot, they can use then less armor or can do mobs that needs better one

No idea what to hunt for profit, i have lost more than 20k peds :- Been doing my best bets, still dont know for sure.

last 12 months that i can see from support around 14k ped put in, now i am running with like less than 300p available :- with some not so expensive items, dont have any expensive items, vigi set, bear without harness ul

Also sold some stuff for almost 20k ped and lost that too, and i belive more deposits inbetween, i got inheritance years back and deposited 10's k's and bits after bits after. Almost level 70 hehe. Not luckiest player guessing, havent looted any 10k+ items. Yasuki got level 200 cheaper on hes log and got uber items too?
DPP does nothing for you if your efficiency is so low as on zorra; It's 8years since DPP is not the main argument to take into consideration of a weapon. Look at efficiency first, then when you find weapons with similar eff then you can see where the DPP is at, but there coudl be many more arguments better than DPP...

I would get a plugin-in power consumption meter for the gaming rig and see how long your budget would last if you had to cover that part of your electricity bill from it. Then stop worrying and have fun. Understand that in order to come out ahead, you have to beat the competition and this means throwing at it WHATEVER IT TAKES. Any budget you limit yourself to will be beaten by someone with deeper pockets. The old adage of this game, "It's dynamic," means that your returns are a function of both the competition's activity and the company's income stream. Selling your loot for sufficient markup takes many times longer than it takes to produce.

The other alternative is to not play at all and treat it strictly as a business instead. What it takes to keep your computer running is your operating cost (which most people prefer to ignore) and the value difference for the time you could spend more gainfully with other activities is your opportunity cost (which most people don't ever know to consider).

DPP does nothing for you if your efficiency is so low as on zorra; It's 8years since DPP is not the main argument to take into consideration of a weapon. Look at efficiency first, then when you find weapons with similar eff then you can see where the DPP is at, but there coudl be many more arguments better than DPP...
You sure? It maybe gives 7% more of those multi rolls, maybe 7% smaller ones but 7% more? and those contains items

Maybe, maybe read developer notes 500 times and glue them in your head.
Maybe reading in some cases is pointless :/ Also reading and reading with understanding are little bit different skills.

Maybe reading in some cases is pointless :/ Also reading and reading with understanding are little bit different skills.
Fine, you are right but at least you've read it.You can continue your journey :)

It's not a bad thing.

What are modified nanos?

What would you do if you had 20k PEDs?​

I am always for improving my kit but these days I would probably just use it to add my bankroll for my professions of choice. If I just wanted to throw caution to the wind I would probably end up doing some higher risk activities to see if I can hit a nice loot but those can eat up PEDs like there is no tomorrow. My avatar has hit a bit of a plateau where I have to really weigh ROI on new equipment. There are things I would love to have but sinking that much PED into an item based on the amount of time I can play isn't the best investment strategy. I think that is something that is overlooked by new players. It can take a lot of time and knowledge to take advantage of markup and maybe stumble across a windfall loot in the process.

If I was just starting out I would probably working on getting my avatar kit (armor, weapon, tools) that match my level with enough bankroll to fund my activities and try to sustain that gameplay as long as possible. 20K PEDs can go very quickly if you are not mindful.

No matter what just make sure you are having fun and chalk those 20K PEDs up to entertainment funds.
Bankrolling a profession of choice is another route I'm considering and maybe I can get better globals in the process.

As most of answered here, i would put my coin on mining mostly. Tho, i'd spent some for good UL mining gear first, like hermetic perfected, genesis excavator and terramaster 3 gold rush(if some1 willing to sell, heh)

Hunting:

• Get Viceroy or Ghost with Serpent Scales/Incision Plates/Others.
  • Collect Daily Tokens for weapons, you'll always have another gun for your level and they last 26,000 shots each with a P30 extender.
  • Buy (L) faps for your level or craft them yourself.
  • Put the rest into ammo and stacking loot.
  • Sell any loot to market that you don't use.

Mining:

• Buy Level 1, 2 and 3 Blueprints to craft your own amps, these all use common resources.
  • Buy (L) Finders for your level.
  • Buy (L) amps when it makes sense.
  • Put the rest into probes and stacking resources.
  • Sell any resources to market that you don't use.

Crafting:

• Collect UL component/enhancer blueprints and follow the market trends on what is profitable to sell.
  • Collect a few end-item blueprints for niche markets.
  • Put most into trading on the various markets to lower your materials cost.
  • Follow seasonal trends
  • Sell any BP/Loot drops to market that you don't use.

Either of these routes will give you a long time to play without needing to redeposit while also having gear for your level as you skill up.

Whatever you do, track your gameplay with a spreadsheet. If you profit then work at combining the cycles together.

Last edited:
Bankrolling a profession of choice is another route I'm considering and maybe I can get better globals in the process.
Consult with me on investing in my rental service. It is a viable option that is cheaper than using limited weapons, and gives you a fixed predictable cost for your hunting/mining sessions, and the cherry on top is that all of your ped is always earning interest whether you are online or offline and is guaranteed refundable. Depending on your playstyle and the time you put into the game it could possibly cover all of your hunting costs or even net you a profit.

The first 2 years earned 8% and 12% ROI respectively and this year we are at 7.5% with 2 events still remaining so on trick to meet or exceed the previous year. In addition to jut getting dividends you also get discounts on the rentals as well as the ability to earn income through referrals with an affiliate type system.

There are a bunch of people who are going to downvote me or give me flak but it is a serve quite a few players like especially during events. I have been doing rentals for 5 years now and I think I can confidently say I am the best service in the game both for rentals and for investing. I would love to discuss it more with you if you have any questions. Thanks for taking the time to read

Hunting:

• Get Viceroy or Ghost with Serpent Scales/Incision Plates/Others.
  • Collect Daily Tokens for weapons, you'll always have another gun for your level and they last 26,000 shots each with a P30 extender.
  • Buy (L) faps for your level or craft them yourself.
  • Put the rest into ammo and stacking loot.
  • Sell any loot to market that you don't use.

Mining:

• Buy Level 1, 2 and 3 Blueprints to craft your own amps, these all use common resources.
  • Buy (L) Finders for your level.
  • Buy (L) amps when it makes sense.
  • Put the rest into probes and stacking resources.
  • Sell any resources to market that you don't use.

Crafting:

• Collect UL component/enhancer blueprints and follow the market trends on what is profitable to sell.
  • Collect a few end-item blueprints for niche markets.
  • Put most into trading on the various markets to lower your materials cost.
  • Follow seasonal trends
  • Sell any BP/Loot drops to market that you don't use.

Either of these routes will give you a long time to play without needing to redeposit while also having gear for your level as you skill up.

Whatever you do, track your gameplay with a spreadsheet. If you profit then work at combining the cycles together.
Thank you, this could prove to be very helpful.

Consult with me on investing in my rental service. It is a viable option that is cheaper than using limited weapons, and gives you a fixed predictable cost for your hunting/mining sessions, and the cherry on top is that all of your ped is always earning interest whether you are online or offline and is guaranteed refundable. Depending on your playstyle and the time you put into the game it could possibly cover all of your hunting costs or even net you a profit.

The first 2 years earned 8% and 12% ROI respectively and this year we are at 7.5% with 2 events still remaining so on trick to meet or exceed the previous year. In addition to jut getting dividends you also get discounts on the rentals as well as the ability to earn income through referrals with an affiliate type system.

There are a bunch of people who are going to downvote me or give me flak but it is a serve quite a few players like especially during events. I have been doing rentals for 5 years now and I think I can confidently say I am the best service in the game both for rentals and for investing. I would love to discuss it more with you if you have any questions. Thanks for taking the time to read
You mean for renting UL weapons from you/your soc?

Are you talking about that mythical ped printing gun? 😉
Gosh imagine one of those! We'd all be rich.

yikes

The services I provide are far more comprehensive than simply renting unl weapons. That is the main service I am known for, but I offer a wide variety of services designed to make your gaming experience more fun, by providing access to a wide variety of gear normally out of reach of the typical player while also assisting in building wealth and reducing cost to play or potentially breaking even or profiting. Everything I do is bespoke for each player to fit their needs.

The services I provide are far more comprehensive than simply renting unl weapons. That is the main service I am known for, but I offer a wide variety of services designed to make your gaming experience more fun, by providing access to a wide variety of gear normally out of reach of the typical player while also assisting in building wealth and reducing cost to play or potentially breaking even or profiting. Everything I do is bespoke for each player to fit their needs.
double yikes

Seems ok on face value, but gear that's out of reach of typical players will probably be gear that I'm nowhere near maxed out on, so would be difficult to make a MU after rental costs, repair costs and ammo costs.

This didn't occur to me worth mentioning at first but just in case... Some part of the "advice" you're getting upon any such question will be entirely self-serving. Sometimes even more than that, depending on whether you've tickled occupiers of a niche.

This didn't occur to me worth mentioning at first but just in case... Some part of the "advice" you're getting upon any such question will be entirely self-serving. Sometimes even more than that, depending on whether you've tickled occupiers of a niche.
Agreed, although to some extent this is to be expected; after all we're all trying to make some sort of profit out of this. In the end I've decided to carry on more or less as I am only with skill pills instead of implants plus some mining activity as well as mob bashing.

Reactions: San
Back