What would you do if you had 20k PEDs?

It is so dependent of the gear one have, goals, IRL money etc so it is really impossible to say

Where are you struggling? It's pretty clear (for the majority of the people I would hope).
DPP is relevant but in a different way than it used to be up until that point, in 2017, when loot 2.0 came to be
You mean until efficiency came to be..?

You mean until efficiency came to be..?

@Cartoon Spoon I would also like to hear what point you are struggling with and what point you were trying to make as its not clear to me.

DPP relevance changed.
They introduced efficiency parameter which was at first called "economy". They changed the name of it from "economy" to efficiency as players were confused by it and hence made it more clear to us about the changes.

@Cartoon Spoon I would also like to hear what point you are struggling with and what point you were trying to make as its not clear to me.

DPP relevance changed.
They introduced efficiency parameter which was at first called "economy". They changed the name of it from "economy" to efficiency as players were confused by it and hence made it more clear to us about the changes.
:rolleyes:

What’s the minimum efficiency to aim for? I’m really getting tired of paying MU for limited guns and ready to invest in a gun I can use and then sell when it’s time for a better one.
I've almost had it with paying MU for L wpns as well, but UL tend to cost much more for similar condition and spec and can take along time to max out on them.

When deciding which way to go and you have to put 2 tools into perspective, chase the one with higher eff, not the one with higher DPP (totally ignoring the EFF, just because the DPP is high - Zorra is the best example). Efficiency has a direct impact on your TT return. Not the DPP. DPP impacts loot composition, meaning you will spend less for a kill/you will get less shrap in loot but the same amount of stackables (not extra!)
See all those Zorra's for sale now?? lol.. :hammer:

Right, I've not logged-in for a while due to RL cr*p, but glad to see this thread is still live :), only I can't think of anything else to add that hasn't already been said for what to invest 20k peds in.

I've almost had it with paying MU for L wpns as well, but UL tend to cost much more for similar condition and spec and can take along time to max out on them.
Think of the long term. Pay the MU for UL. When you are done with it. The MU will be higher than what you paid now. There is no reason to ever buy L item. L MU is very short sighted. I strongly believe L is obsolete and just useless. It's for impatient people and short sighted people who want to hunt high level mobs right away. IMO everyone should save up the MU for the UL item and use it. Sell it then move on to the next level of UL. If you have the ped and bankroll. Don't ever sell UL. Unless you need to bankroll. Also mid tier UL are overpriced. As many have already mentioned. Mid level mobs have no MU. Why pay so much MU for the weapon to hunt mobs that provide no MU? The sooner people understand this the sooner MA can fix this ridiculous system. I suggested to require some sort of extra MU item (nanocube) for the repair terminal to balance out this UL vs L. But most of the community was against that idea and is fine with this imbalance of UL and L. I'm guessing it is because most of the people on this forum all own a good amount of UL and will never let them go. There really is no incentive to ever release UL item if you got the ped to bankroll and just hold on to those UL items. The problem is that (IF) MA ever realizes this imbalance and provide some sort of fix. the MU of all UL item will crash big time. It will upset the community thus preventing this game balance from ever becoming fixed. In a sense this UL vs L balance is forced to stay broken because of the community.
Think of the other side. If they somehow fix the UL vs L balance and L becomes on par with UL. Then more people will actually buy L and have more demand for L. Then crafters can craft L and have a stream of buyers to incentivize them to keep crafting thus continue to buy from Hunters and Miners to keep crafting those L items. The economy will keep flowing and we will actually have MU on loots! It is a very hard balancing act to keep UL slightly better but not too much better to the point that it is useless to buy L. I think the last time I brought this up, people believes that L is still popular as there are a good amount of impatient people who will keep buying L. But then MU on loots are still very low so that suggests that the demand of L is still not at a healthy level. Can we really rely and depend of those group of impatient players to keep buying the L items forever?

Think of the long term. Pay the MU for UL. When you are done with it. The MU will be higher than what you paid now. There is no reason to ever buy L item. L MU is very short sighted. I strongly believe L is obsolete and just useless. It's for impatient people and short sighted people who want to hunt high level mobs right away. IMO everyone should save up the MU for the UL item and use it. Sell it then move on to the next level of UL. If you have the ped and bankroll. Don't ever sell UL. Unless you need to bankroll. Also mid tier UL are overpriced. As many have already mentioned. Mid level mobs have no MU. Why pay so much MU for the weapon to hunt mobs that provide no MU? The sooner people understand this the sooner MA can fix this ridiculous system. I suggested to require some sort of extra MU item (nanocube) for the repair terminal to balance out this UL vs L. But most of the community was against that idea and is fine with this imbalance of UL and L. I'm guessing it is because most of the people on this forum all own a good amount of UL and will never let them go. There really is no incentive to ever release UL item if you got the ped to bankroll and just hold on to those UL items. The problem is that (IF) MA ever realizes this imbalance and provide some sort of fix. the MU of all UL item will crash big time. It will upset the community thus preventing this game balance from ever becoming fixed. In a sense this UL vs L balance is forced to stay broken because of the community.
Think of the other side. If they somehow fix the UL vs L balance and L becomes on par with UL. Then more people will actually buy L and have more demand for L. Then crafters can craft L and have a stream of buyers to incentivize them to keep crafting thus continue to buy from Hunters and Miners to keep crafting those L items. The economy will keep flowing and we will actually have MU on loots! It is a very hard balancing act to keep UL slightly better but not too much better to the point that it is useless to buy L. I think the last time I brought this up, people believes that L is still popular as there are a good amount of impatient people who will keep buying L. But then MU on loots are still very low so that suggests that the demand of L is still not at a healthy level. Can we really rely and depend of those group of impatient players to keep buying the L items forever?
Then maybe I've been guilty over recent months of being impatient, but I was far from guilty of going after higher level mobs for the first eighteen months or so, during which time I was using a TT Onyxo and going after mainly punies/pups around PA and the swamp camp.

Also surely time is a factor. Whilst I appreciate that going the UL route is better in the long run than L, over what period of time if you skill naturally? Two years? Three years? Five years?

Two years? Three years? Five years?
Completely depends on what you buy, what you grind, what you keep versus what you sell, how many hours a day/week/month you play.

There are scenarios, in fact many especially currently, where buying Limited weapons are a good idea.

UL weapons/Armors/ etc arent guaranteed to go up. And as we’ve seen have been about a 30-50% drop in mu on average for general loot 2.0 stuff and bigger armors.

Would you have Used so much Limited items in that time to make up for the losses?

There’s just so many variables is my point.

Think of the long term. Pay the MU for UL. When you are done with it. The MU will be higher than what you paid now.
This is not guaranteed.

And there are plenty of counterexamples. Ask anyone who bought an ares perfected a few years back.

And I guarantee you that the influx of TWEN weapons has has some downward pressure on UL weapons. Maybe not drastic, but it's there.

Buying UL is also a bet on the future filled with unknown variables. It's not clear cut.

Buying UL is a lot like buying a dividend-bearing stock. It pays dividends but you also hope it appreciates. If it doesn't go down, you win. But if it does go down, you can still lose.

I would generally agree though that, if there is a weapon type you love to use, and you see yourself using it for a long time, and your cycle is high enough to justify it, UL makes sense if you can afford it.

But nothing in life is risk-free. Just keep that in mind.

Buying UL is a lot like buying a dividend-bearing stock. It pays dividends
It's actually moreso the inverse of this scenario. Weapons cost you rake while using them. You're minimizing the rake but it's pure loss unless you extract markup to sell to your fellow player.

It's more like buying a diesel generator. It costs you fuel to use and maintenance costs but you can use it to power your Bitcoin mine which sometimes nets you a Bitcoin or two which you can then sell to market to make up for the costs of fuel and maintenance.

It's actually moreso the inverse of this scenario. Weapons cost you rake while using them. You're minimizing the rake but it's pure loss unless you extract markup to sell to your fellow player.

It's more like buying a diesel generator. It costs you fuel to use and maintenance costs but you can use it to power your Bitcoin mine which sometimes nets you a Bitcoin or two which you can then sell to market to make up for the costs of fuel and maintenance.
Yes the dividend thing was not a perfect analogy. Of course it is not net positive - you can't play net TT positive in this game. But the idea is that you can reap a competitive benefit while holding it, but if you plan to make money by holding then selling after using, there's no guarantee of profit. Just like holding a dividend stock.

This is not guaranteed.

And there are plenty of counterexamples. Ask anyone who bought an ares perfected a few years back.

And I guarantee you that the influx of TWEN weapons has has some downward pressure on UL weapons. Maybe not drastic, but it's there.

Buying UL is also a bet on the future filled with unknown variables. It's not clear cut.

Buying UL is a lot like buying a dividend-bearing stock. It pays dividends but you also hope it appreciates. If it doesn't go down, you win. But if it does go down, you can still lose.

I would generally agree though that, if there is a weapon type you love to use, and you see yourself using it for a long time, and your cycle is high enough to justify it, UL makes sense if you can afford it.

you make good points, but would you agree that in most cases and majority of the time MU of UL weapons does go up in value. Especially a good weapon amp. I can see that yes it is not a guarantee, but it has a very good chance of increasing MU over time. We will see what the TWEN UL weapons does to the current UL weapons. But I doubt it will have much impact (maybe slight drop in MU for now). Supply is just not there and demand for UL is just too high. It's the reason why most UL weapon MU are usually tt+ several thousands of peds. IMO it is over priced. And again most of the mobs you use those weapons to hunt have no MU. The MU of UL is overpriced and is not justified. It is only so expensive because of supply and demand. I don't foresee the supply of UL items increasing drastically anytime soon.
overall, yes nothing is guaranteed so do your own due diligence. This is, after all, my own opinion. And we got two great opposing viewpoints here for the OP to consider.

You are seeing a lot of weapons hit the market suddenly.. Almost like there is a realisation that many weapons will now be available that outdo the old school, even decent, weapons.
And the Zorra's hit a all time low..
This is probably due to the hype created by certain UBERS, and nothing to do with supply and demand.
That will no doubt manifest in all of those ignorant resellers now holding items worth 50% less.
There really is nothing to see here. I am sure their friends are having a field day at their expense.

This is not guaranteed.

I agree, not guaranteed at all, but biggest prob I find lately looking at the auction, is that I was nowhere near maxed-out on the very few UL guns that were available so wouldn't be able to use them efficiently.

Back