What would you do if you had 20k PEDs?

Agreed, although to some extent this is to be expected; after all we're all trying to make some sort of profit out of this. In the end I've decided to carry on more or less as I am only with skill pills instead of implants plus some mining activity as well as mob bashing.
Skill Implants are vastly more cost and time effective than Skill Pills (even more so at lower levels), especially if you have ESIs that you looted and subsequently get filled by a reputable skill seller but even then, depending on the skills, it can be pretty cheap to buy them.

DPP does nothing for you if your efficiency is so low as on zorra; It's 8years since DPP is not the main argument to take into consideration of a weapon. Look at efficiency first, then when you find weapons with similar eff then you can see where the DPP is at, but there coudl be many more arguments better than DPP...
I may be being greedy, after the knowledge of what you do with all those lovely weapons you have, free to play as well.. But can you iron this out a little bit.. Efficiency is NOT a primary factor to a <20 level player... But so isn't DPP..?
Then what the HEL am I looking for?
Lets face it, a HERMAN gun will get me near 3.000 DPP, but now you are saying DPP isn't important..?
Well I can get much cheaper MU guns if none of this really matters.....

When do I need dpp amd when do I need EFF.. Kinda confusing what you have written here..

Last edited:
I may be being greedy, after the knowledge of what you do with all those lovely weapons you have, free to play as well.. But can you iron this out a little bit.. Efficiency is NOT a primary factor to a <20 level player... But so isn't DPP..?
Then what the HEL am I looking for?
Lets face it, a HERMAN gun will get me near 3.000 DPP, but now you are saying DPP isn't important..?
Well I can get much cheaper MU guns if none of this really matters.....

When do I need dpp amd when do I need EFF.. Kinda confusing what you have written here..

What he wrote is so easy to understand...
Also he didnt say that dpp is not importent
Read it 5 more Times

What he wrote is so easy to understand...
Also he didnt say that dpp is not importent
Read it 5 more Times
"DPP does nothing for you if your efficiency is so low as on zorra; It's 8years since DPP is not the main argument to take into consideration of a weapon."

Who needs glassess, cause right now I think it is you..? But I don't like to make statements derogatory to someone on the basis of ignorance..

Here you go hero.. "DPP DOES NOTHING....."..

Last edited:
When do I need dpp amd when do I need EFF..
When deciding which way to go and you have to put 2 tools into perspective, chase the one with higher eff, not the one with higher DPP (totally ignoring the EFF, just because the DPP is high - Zorra is the best example). Efficiency has a direct impact on your TT return. Not the DPP. DPP impacts loot composition, meaning you will spend less for a kill/you will get less shrap in loot but the same amount of stackables (not extra!)

When deciding which way to go and you have to put 2 tools into perspective, chase the one with higher eff, not the one with higher DPP (totally ignoring the EFF, just because the DPP is high - Zorra is the best example). Efficiency has a direct impact on your TT return. Not the DPP. DPP impacts loot composition, meaning you will spend less for a kill/you will get less shrap in loot but the same amount of stackables (not extra!)

Sure, but wtf am I gonna loot from a Daikiba that only has tier 2 components as a decent loot.. ( OK so the MU for tier 2 has gone up alot, but I don't see a massive difference..).
Also, when MA announced this, it was the other way around.
Efficiency = Loot composition.. Fantastic when we are killing Kerbs...
DPP = Loot return..

You seem to have it ass about face, but then you seem to know what you are doing... MA, on the other hand, don't..

Yeah.. That doesn't make sense... Good luck with ALL your guns..

I know what I saw..
Here's everything you need to know about loot 2.0 - List of official statments pertaining to loot post 2.0 - (plus maybe find some tests done and shared with the community to test and prove the official statemens )

If it still doesn't make sense, try to focus less on my inventory and more on the basic specs of the game.

But can you iron this out a little bit.. Efficiency is NOT a primary factor to a <20 level player...

chase the one with higher eff, not the one with higher DPP

Even with Mayhem and TWEN weapons there isn't much choice for low level players, especially casuals using (L).

For a player who is free to play, what should they do? Can you give some examples?

EFF seems to make more sense at higher levels when your cycle is larger, you'd want those savings, however, at lower levels when the cycle is low, should you not want to maximize DPP for better chances at Markup?

Can you shed some light on what maximizes chances at item drops?

Are we simply waiting for a loot wave to start?

How do you identify a loot wave?

Skill Implants are vastly more cost and time effective than Skill Pills (even more so at lower levels), especially if you have ESIs that you looted and subsequently get filled by a reputable skill seller but even then, depending on the skills, it can be pretty cheap to buy them.
Interesting you say that, because I went with implants initially as I wasn't really aware of the pills alternative before starting this thread tbh.

Even with Mayhem and TWEN weapons there isn't much choice for low level players, especially casuals using (L).
For a player who is free to play, what should they do? Can you give some examples?
EFF seems to make more sense at higher levels when your cycle is larger, you'd want those savings, however, at lower levels when the cycle is low, should you not want to maximize DPP for better chances at Markup?
Can you shed some light on what maximizes chances at item drops?
Are we simply waiting for a loot wave to start?
How do you identify a loot wave?
- but there still are options between which players can choose and they should always try to go for the higher eff.
- chase MU, always, not skills, never the skills (for a f2p) - skills will follow when a player can reach sustainability or profit
- maximizing DPP will not increase any chance at markup. It's easy to reach that optimal loot and there's nothing you can do to add more MU on an optimal loot, just to increase the number of rolls (loot events) and when the number of loot events is high then you have higher chances at item drops. Consistency is the way to maximize item drops. And you can have consistency with good looter, good eff, high activity.
- in the past people were waiting for waves to hunt but that doesn't pay off nowadays because MA made some changes and rares don't always drop at the begining of wave so it's better to just hunt.
Loot waves, as TT loot waves don't exist, imo.

The main things that have the biggest impact on your balance: efficinecy, looter, only chasing markup AND how you sell your loot. You can do everything right but if you TT everything below 110%, as one of the biggest hunters some time ago was saying, then you have no chance in the game.

With 20k PED, I would go for a good left handed ring for around 10k, then get a nice EWE-LC100-Frontier or lvl 36 Opzyn laser rifle. WIth the ped left after that I would probably get some ADJ. Nemesis armor or whatever the best armor I can get for leftover ped preferably a Burn/Penetrationa armor as I don't have a set for robots.

I would be a very happy camper with that and could hunt low/mid stuff comfortably forever.

I personally wouldn’t spend up to half of your hunting investment on a ring either. Rings are nice but it’s fluff. Max I would go for you is an Ares ring for some DPS, don’t worry about the other stats like crit boosting because at 20k ped total budget you aren’t likely to get much benefit. Put a runspeed ring on the left so you don’t drive yourself nuts running everywhere, then lifesteal and evade boosting stats can be sorted with an M-matrix attachment on a nice cheap melee weapon, like an arksparc. Markup on these is negligible overall, it’s basically free. Pair with some random cheap L rifle for a tagger if you’re impatient.

Armor/fap/resto choices will depend on your own play style. If you like active game play, adj restos are amazing, pair with any cheap FAP for emergencies. if you’re an F bot, spend more on a set of armor.

Remember to keep some bankroll.

With 20k PED, I would go for a good left handed ring for around 10k, then get a nice EWE-LC100-Frontier or lvl 36 Opzyn laser rifle. WIth the ped left after that I would probably get some ADJ. Nemesis armor or whatever the best armor I can get for leftover ped preferably a Burn/Penetrationa armor as I don't have a set for robots.

I would be a very happy camper with that and could hunt low/mid stuff comfortably forever.
Yep the best armour one could get sounds like a good idea, together with a top restoration chip, then I could try and do something with the oil rig.

What’s the minimum efficiency to aim for? I’m really getting tired of paying MU for limited guns and ready to invest in a gun I can use and then sell when it’s time for a better one.

What’s the minimum efficiency to aim for? I’m really getting tired of paying MU for limited guns and ready to invest in a gun I can use and then sell when it’s time for a better one.
You won't like the correct answer, which is, the highest eff your budget allows (taking into consideration bankroll as well).
You may want to look on other professions, melee, MF.

You can do the calculations yourself and aim to have the numbers for a month. See what TT of guns you can burn on an active month with a L weapons, see what MU you pay for that, then check the eff difference and as per your month cycle, you can determine if it's ok to go lower eff but UL. 10% eff = 0.7% tt return. It's best to get used to these calculations so you will forever be free of the question which gun, which eff etc...
It's ok to change profession paths whenever you have a better option, even if that kill strike will have to wait a while longer. Ofc you can push through but it will be an investment without a huge benefit, high L weapons are not as cheap as they used to be, but you may find mindforce chips with high dps at much cheaper prices than L on laser for example.

If I were you I would NOT participate in this Mayhem stuff...

Seems like all the rare Mayhem tokens only go to people who have already looted rares, IDK how that works, but meh.. Even if you were cheated out of a Rare in the competitative Mayhems by Ma's brothers and sisters, it doesn't really matter to the general outcome of the distribution of wealth.

And this year, well this Halloween, it strikes me that points are taking double the time from before. Select Bronze and hold on to your wage packet (only just).. Maybe it differs for family, IDK..?

Buy ignisium for 130% and wait, and then sell it for 190% like these guys are doing now.. Ohhh.. You might have missed that sibling boat..

That might be against the rules, but hey.... Noone is going to tamper with price tampering, so you will be quids in, brothers!!!

Buy ammo boxes, but wait until the shares have been available for a year (should be in like 1-2 months) hopefully they will correct the 15% crafting runs by then...

Who gives a smeg.. Your 20k will find its way to the shareholders pretty quickly.. Just enjoy the experience (of underpinning avatars that run 24/7 on a 8 hour/day shift by three seperate operators) and think of the amount of dollar coming your way SOON!!!

Last edited:
Charlie|MindArk said:

No, DPP and Efficiency are not the same thing. DPP affects loot composition and critical hit/damage etc affect the DPP. Efficiency directly affects average TT return by 0-7%.

So it is all based on that statement..? Which I suggest is incorrect, or misleading at best..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A new Economy rating parameter will be introduced, on a scale of 1-100, that indicates the efficiency of a tool and which influences loot calculations. This change from the once dominant damage/pec model will provide the design team with more freedom to release exciting and interesting items with a wider range of damage output and special effects. For example, our team will have the ability to create powerful new items that provide access to challenging and exciting content without dramatically increasing cost to play. Existing items will be assigned Economy values that reflect their relative efficiency to one another and to the entire array of items in the universe.

Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization".

For economy read Efficiency...

A few additional points about Efficiency parameter will hopefully clear up many of the questions and dispel some of the more common misconceptions that we have noticed:
  • The Efficiency parameter is not affected by avatar skills.
  • The largest components by far in loot value calculations are costs, such as weapon deterioration, ammo consumption, armor deterioration, healing costs, etc.
  • The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value).
  • The displayed Efficiency parameter for a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MA basically removed the need for ANY kind of research... Introduction of Armatrix guns, AP plates, etc..
And then said it wants to reward people who game knowledge, by putting pick up and go stuff ingame.

"This change from the once dominant damage/pec model will provide the design team with more freedom to release exciting and interesting items with a wider range of damage output and special effects."
TLDR
DPP is no longer relevent tldr, BUT "Optimal Loot" IS.....

I am really thinking these guys are ALL related, ANYWAY, suck my thermos....

Last edited:
So it is all based on that statement..? Which I suggest is incorrect, or misleading at best..
Where are you struggling? It's pretty clear (for the majority of the people I would hope).
DPP is relevant but in a different way than it used to be up until that point, in 2017, when loot 2.0 came to be

I would enjoy playing EU at whatever takes my fancy - until the 20K is all gone. I would make sure I got 20k enjoyment

I would try to finish half of silver mayhem

Back