• An add in printed media

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • An on-line add

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Searching the web for a MMO game

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • A story/article about EU in general

Votes: 31 12.0%
  • A story/article about an EU event (i.e. "the egg", CP sale etc.)

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 23 8.9%

• Total voters

jjmatrix

Stalker
Society
SPU
JJ Ony Matrix
Hi everyone; I remember seeing a similar thread/poll a while ago, but I was unable to find it. I'm not sure exactly how old it is, so I decided to have another run at it.

The main reason for this poll/thread is to try and find out what is the main source for "getting in touch" with EU; I'm especially curious about this since we had some big changes in the last couple of months.

I would be very grateful if someone can provide some links to previous similar threads, so I can compile some data for a report... as accurate as possible.

Thank you very much in advance!

PS I personally was introduced to PE by a friend.

Last edited:
I heard about EU na tv program about electronic improvments over the years

i was googleing "free games" as a broke college student........
little did i know.....

There was a gaming den in Gothenburg, GameOnline. Two reps from MA came there with 'this new game' on CDs that they wanted us to try.

So basically same story as everyone else.

There was a gaming den in Gothenburg, GameOnline. Two reps from MA came there with 'this new game' on CDs that they wanted us to try.

So basically same story as everyone else.

Hmmm... very interesting; I should've added this (Gaming/Computers Conventions) to the poll. i will include it for sure in the final report :)... if we get enough data for one.

Thanks!

Vegas - CES 2008

/.

I learned of EU via Slashdot when it first came out. My interest was very low until there was another Slashdot article about how Neverdie had made his money back on CND and Deathifier made his money back on TI... so I first learned of it back in 2005 or 2006, and actually did not get in to it until 2007. I think my avatar was "born" in January, 2007.

I first found Project Entropia years ago, doing a web search. Back when the Sarah King video was still on the site. ;) Unfortunatly my computer at the time wouldn't run it. So just forgot about it.

Fast forward, and when the CND sale happened, I saw it on CNN....decided to look it up again....made an account and been here ever since. :D

2004 I was teaching a map reading & navigation class to some noobs in my military unit, one of my friends said, "Hey, check this map out." and pulled out a printed map of Calypso that he had folded up in his pocket.

I said, wtf is this? He explained it was an "Online game, a virtual world" and said he would email me the link for the download. That night, my avatar was standing in Port Atlantis in a nice clean set of REALLY ORANGE OJs.

I had never seen anything like it and was fascinated that anything like that even existed and wondered how the hell I had missed it and then proceeded to loose many hours of sleep exploring the new world and watching green lines scroll by in chat as I grinded away on corns on argus beach with my broken "bugged" 1x0 axe someone gave to me.

I was introduced to PE in 2003 when there was a coverage about the RCE aspect of the game on the news on TV. They showed the game "live" and someone from MA was interviewed and stated that somone had bought a gun for 5 500 ped through the ingame trade system :eek:

A couple of months later there was another cover on the news and I decided to check it out.

I remember I wondered how someone could choose the avatar name "Skalman" (a turtoise in a swedish cartoon for small kids called Bamse) :scratch2: :cool:

I wish I'd spent more time and money ingame at the time :)

Reactions: Mac
Voted "Other"

Found out about EU while reading a forum related to a star wars mmorpg.

I heard about it in a random chat in another mmo..

I never heard of this game I saw it in 7th grade for the first time.
It looked really awfull and when my friend told me about it he just told me it was hard to gain money in it.

I read an article in a PC magazine about the TI sale :cool:

I read an article in Wired Magazine about the purchase of Club NeverDIE

A story/article about an EU event (i.e. "the egg", CP sale etc.)

Cnd sale.

An article about EU revamp with CE2.

I`ve seen a poll or thread or two about this in the past. Good to keep things fresh though for those that were`nt around then.

I read about the sale of CND on CNN.com back in 2005. The rest is history...have`nt played another pc game and been here ever since!

Read about RCEs online... stumbled onto this game :)

I read an article in a PC magazine about the TI sale :cool:

Judging by your EF join date I probably read same one about some nutter paying $26,500 for some pixels. Wonder what ever happened to him :p

I have read it at web, but my friend introduced me to EU. The friend has ceased to play... I am not :wtg:

Other- Online Survey

I was doing an online survey about gaming habits and mmorpgs. One of the questions actually mentioned WoW, Second Life and Entropia Universe by name. At the time I had heard of the first 2 but not EU so as soon as I finished the survey I just had to know what this 'game' was about and why I hadn't heard of it before-hand.

JH

I saw an article on the BBC News website, which sparked my attention particularly as I'd been thinking about checking out some online games, having not played any at that time for about 15 years.

I think this was the article - fortunately it wasn't the cash card that interested me :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4953620.stm

I count that as an "event" so voted accordingly :)

Right here. It's a really old page, it's still called Project Entropia 5.7.1.

Bank Baby

I first read about it in a newspaper article (online) - about the sale of the banking licenses. Not sure of the publication, but it was almost 3 years ago.

I remember having the choice of arriving in PA or New Oxford. I chose New Oxford (because I am an artist), and proceeded to get lost and trapped in the wilds of Amethera with nothing but my OJ's :laugh:

I didn't even start lurking here for a few weeks.

:beerchug:

Miles

From a limerick on a truck stop bathroom wall in Dayton, Ohio.

Back