• An add in printed media

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • An on-line add

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Searching the web for a MMO game

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • A story/article about EU in general

Votes: 31 12.0%
  • A story/article about an EU event (i.e. "the egg", CP sale etc.)

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 23 8.9%

• Total voters
A soci/GUILD mate from another MMO!

I was playing EQ2 hardcore since it launched. A guild-mate who was a hardcore crafter in eq2 mentioned that he was leaving eq2 for a better MMO that his wife was happier with! (Real money involved!) :silly2:

I asked him what the game was, and he said Project Entropia!

He also told me his EU name: Isgard Pius Yeridian

I have tried to find him but no luck. It's cool. I wish him luck in what ever game he decides to play!

Thanks Asguard!

P.S. sorry but my poll choice was "A friend/relative introduced me to EU"

Last edited:
read an article in computer magazine (forgot which one, can't seem to find it, been looking :( ) about EU...and there was an interview with Skalman in it...was kinda funny actually...the reporter asked him what he's biggest wish was atm or something like that in the end of the article...Skalman replied:

To get into my car...seems the battery is dead in my key...lol

was in 2005, i was looking on forums for a nice online RPG (there was a section: other internet games and it had a link to PE :) ) ... at that moment i learned about mmorpg.

From wikipedia when i read about Cry Engine 2:)

I was searching "make money playing games" on google... and EU showed up in the results :D

Really? I actually searched for "Lose money playing games" and EU was the first hit :rolleyes:.

But aside from all the pun :). A friend introduced me to the game, during one of our lectures in Artificial Intelligence and Paralel computing.
Downloaded it and soon after started playing and depositing. My avatar was created somewhere in August 2003, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Mac
Another bump; we need more votes :D!

Really? I actually searched for "Lose money playing games" and EU was the first hit :rolleyes:.

But aside from all the pun :). A friend introduced me to the game, during one of our lectures in Artificial Intelligence and Paralel computing.
Downloaded it and soon after started playing and depositing. My avatar was created somewhere in August 2003, if I recall correctly.

...are you still friends? :D

Reactions: Mac

:offtopic:

Have to ask is this a joke or.:kos:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hall-fame/58694-after-16500-bombs-probes.html

Incredible.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Originally Posted by baxter View Post
I was searching "make money playing games" on google... and EU showed up in the results
Yes this is similar to my story except I typed "make money playing online games" :laugh: little DID I KNOW that I would spending lots of hours sweating to play this game... But have made a few deposits here and there to buy essential gear. Mainly typed this, as I knew it was possible to earn money playing games this isnt an old notion. Found the game formerly named PE in May 2009 and I'm still here enjoying the game. Did leave for about 5-6 months inbetween that cause of the CE2 introduction when they took out SWEATING and life essentially.

A friend began to play in here and nagged me to start playing because then we could play together. He stopped playing after 3 months ok he is in sometimes and hunts with his opalo but it is not much but now after 4 years he said to me that he regret that he talked me in to the game..And yes we are still friends.:)

It was common for people recommending the game in the past to a friend but as it looks today in the game, I would do the opposite. Warn my friends.:proof:

... eh. i think i found it, befor there was anywhere to even hear about it, or a game to speak about.

some random friend was like here I got a new game to try. He played it for an hour, and never logged in again. I never left.

some random friend was like here I got a new game to try. He played it for an hour, and never logged in again. I never left.

LMAO now that is a hilarious & ironic story. Awesome thanks for sharing Tamn :)

all i have to say is thank Jon Jacobs Neverdie and 60 minutes the did a segement on EU and second life and have a guess what i am still playing EU and the GF is still playing second life double thumbs upto neverdie and 60 minutes and big tumbs doen to MA for not doing any real good advertising for a such a really cool game.......

Morning Bump. Keep the votes coming... please.

A documentary on TV (SVT) about Internet had a clip from EU in it. Talking about the RCE and going to the bank in the virtual universe. This was back in feb 2006 before the banks even existed in game.

When I saw the interview with "Uggla" I was hooked :D

We need more votes. Please?

Title says it all. And thank you in advance.

I read about it in the guinness book of records when Deathifier bought TI I think, but I didn't start playing until 2008.

In 2007 tired of all the other mmorpgs i searched on the web, and i never saw so many complaints and whine about this game, that i decided to try it out :D

I heard about EU from a friend. I was out of work with injuries and was playing Dark Age of Camelot alot since sleep was nearly non existant from pain. Anyway EA bought that out and immediately destroyed it.

My friend said to try EU as thats where he and many others from our guild migrated to. Looking at a long term down time from getting back to work I started to play EU. I think I am the only one left remotely interested in EU after the changes that started back in 9.3.

After several surgeries and not being able to get back to working I am still here like many that started on this path long ago.

A linux/mac/unix geek freind in awe of my windows rig told about it :D

I was searching the web and found it about 3 years ago.

Back