• An add in printed media

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • An on-line add

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Searching the web for a MMO game

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • A story/article about EU in general

Votes: 31 12.0%
  • A story/article about an EU event (i.e. "the egg", CP sale etc.)

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 23 8.9%

• Total voters
An article on Space.com about the sale of CND.

I'm a CND Baby ;)

Sry, i can't vote.
I can't find the "I can't remember" option :rolleyes:

Cnd

I am all about djing. I get DJ mags and MixMag at random times... I don't have a subscription. Anyhow, there was a small article about CND. It was an older article that I hadn't noticed before. It said about how it was the largest virtual club or something and mentioned a few djs that had played there live. This sounded really cool to me and I really was interested in the possibilities.
I did an internet search..... downloaded it
and the rest is history (that and over 5000ped depoed)

Help needed!

Thanks everyone for voting and posting; please keep it coming... this should be interesting if we get enough votes.

I've tried in vain to find other threads/polls like this one; I am fairly sure I have seen at least 1-2 in the past. I spent more than an hour trying to find it/them, trying many keyword combinations... but to no avail.

Let's try this: I will donate 500 EFD for a link!

Please not that it has to be a similar poll: "How were you introduced to PE/EU?"

Vegas - CES 2008

Wow, im surprised those conventions actually did something usefull besides beeing free drinkfests for MA staff, ambassadors, Warant generals and other not so important persons. :ahh:

Hi

At Tv
Few years ago sw a reportage at Tv about "Virtual Game"

Reportage show
_ Second Life
- Wow
_ Entropia Universe

In reportage have Neverdie
I try the 3 and only see interest in EU
Before never play virtual game like that

CU

i read about it somewhere on a page with early beta releases but my pc couldn't really handle it; spend most o/t time wandering around as a ghost. forgot about the game and returned a few years later on advice from a friend searching for ftp mmo's.

I did see a trailer on gametrailers.

i heard it (Project Entropia it was then)

while beta-testing another online game called Neocron.

Some guy was talking about that he made some money which was so little amount at the time around the year 2001 or so anyway; then i got attracted to here.

Thanks everyone for voting and posting; please keep it coming... this should be interesting if we get enough votes.

I've tried in vain to find other threads/polls like this one; I am fairly sure I have seen at least 1-2 in the past. I spent more than an hour trying to find it/them, trying many keyword combinations... but to no avail.

Let's try this: I will donate 500 EFD for a link!

Please not that it has to be a similar poll: "How were you introduced to PE/EU?"

A year ago:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nd-entropia-universe-through-conventions.html

Only one I could find. :)

read about PE in some gamer PC magazine in 2k4
5-6 sentences and small pic of shopcontainer

News article about PE on games related web site in 1999.

Lameth the one male charter member of CK was playing it on a cybercafe in the same building as my gameshop, he also helped me get some money into the game, and me and a friend tryed it out.
My account was accepted in COT 4th of december 2002, i closed up the gamestore, and ran upstairs to the cyber, and at 17.05 i logged in for the very first time. On my first day i was scammed for the first time, some guy sold me a weapon from the special weapon tt, but then later Heart/Gem helped me out and i got a mk2 and a104 amp :)

It was 2004 and I was on another gaming forum that didn't have stupid rules about discussing other games ;)

We were debating about RCE and I decided to give it a try.

Saw an article about PE in my Dentists office in Arizona right before I moved to Boston. I was really involved with BF1942 at the time so I did not come around to Project Entropia for a while. Thinking back I wish I would have started when I read the article I might have had a better opportunity at great items since I think that was pre-gold or soon after.

Later I jumped head long into Project Entropia that was 2004.

Posted via Mobile Device

I first heard about with the article about John buying that CND... and got inspiered to join it... ofc the idea of makeing some money on a game was a reason for joining back then but have come to realize that it was not that easy to gain some money on you hobby... ;)

I did visit my cousin and he was playing entropia,i did think he is grazy game did look so funny and he was talking about sweating,spacetravels.i did visit my cousin about 4 times in week and he was always tired and was playing game..then 1 year passed and i was in my friend house and was boring there..i said do u want see on grazy game,he said yes...............................................and now im still here after 4 years showing my friend 1 grazy game but now i enjoy it and i hope u guys too xD

:yay:

Back in 2005 I saw my brother playing this game on my computer. I wanted to play it too, he didn't want me to (I was 12, now 17) :D Finally I persuaded him to let me play and I started sweating in PA ^^ golden times :) It was easy to start mining, because I could've actually earned money to buy probes with sweating, and I don't mean sweating half-year to buy a finder+probes :)
So I go for the "relative" option. ;)

1. Many thanks to Mega for his efforts; EFDs delivered.

2. Many interesting stories; thanks everyone for sharing (and voting)! I wish I could + rep you all.

3. @Hally - scammed in the very first day? It's funny, although it shouldn't; I wonder how many others had the will to continue. I realize it wasn't a big scam, but still, it can be a daunting experience.
Thanks for posting.

I just recently found out about EU doing a search on "best online virtual games." I wish I knew about EU years ago.

I was searching "make money playing games" on google... and EU showed up in the results :D

A lot of evil friends and relatives out there :D

BBC news

I found EU @ BBC news that was like year and half. Dont remember now what exacly was there but sounded prity intresting. and damm its right...

Originaly (2002 i think) a friend introduced me, but I didnt realy like it back then (oh, what a mistake :) )

Then I was surfing around on the net in 2007, looking for a free to play MMO, I saw EU there and rememberd that I had plaied it sometime a loong time ago. So I came back, and never looked for another game again (well, almost never :) )

Please vote...

I would like to ask everyone who didn't vote to try and take a second and vote.

Word of mouth from a younger sibling back in the day. I'm not sure of the exact date. At the time of my first introduction to EU, I wasn't grabbed so I decided not to play. I recently stumbled upon the game once again seeing the CryEngine 2 implemented advertisement. The graphics are what truly grabbed me seeing as I'm always trying to get the best visual experience while gaming.

Please vote...

Just a little bump...

Back