Would you like more types of DNA Samples to be released?

Should more creature DNA be released?

• Yes

Votes: 152 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Stop wasting time on this and work on something else!

Votes: 27 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what about rocktropia for example where there is alot of spawn in LA's but none of them have dna or fertilizer in them. care to explain that kim? been here for years, dropping dna parts now doesnt change a thing for me as i wont be the one looting it sadly. same as sga and all ur other bullshit.

well i guess u just fail to make yourself informed. last time i checked. RT doesnt have any players who own any of the LA's at least not yet. So the place would be might desolate without mobs spawning in those areas. Who is gonna put in fertilizer if nobody owns it yet.. RT manager has the deeds for most if not all of these locations. They are basically just set as LA's for sometime in the future. :dunce:

Now that we are past that. Last time i checked kim works for CALY not RT. So lets keep this within the bounds of caly's economy and try to be hmmm. constructive instead of a little whiny bitch. Have a nice day:wtg:

I would like to see DNA become limited and craftable. Hunters (and miners) would gather the raw materials for the crafters to make dna(L).

Each successful click would create a piece of dna which could give a land area the mob for a single day, and you could put a stack of dna(L) into the fert terminal to have the mob for a month or more. There could also be L prints that create single maturities eg, atrox provider(L) so you can have specific mob and maturity, or special maturity or mobs (eg. atrox marauder or longtooth).

The old dna's should remain as unlimited dna, but I think MA should allow owners to remove and replace them whenever they want so they can take advantage of L dna too.

There's more than enough mobs to create a book of dna blueprints, and it would give hunter/miners an additional source of markup as well as allow crafters to make a few ped and land owners to take more control of their land.

MA would need to alter things so it doesn't cost a fortune to insert a dna for 1 day to have an event, but i think it's probably a fairly easy bit of coding and development work to create a really interesting addition to the universe.

Great idea.

Yes of course, we've been saying this for years.

I like some aspects of Slither's idea too, as long as it's implemented in such a way that it doesn't lead to a general lack of continuity. Having an LA that's too busy to hunt one day, and then completely empty the next, would just be annoying. It would be best restricted to certain special mobs, alongside an expansion of the current system.

well i guess u just fail to make yourself informed. last time i checked. RT doesnt have any players who own any of the LA's at least not yet. So the place would be might desolate without mobs spawning in those areas. Who is gonna put in fertilizer if nobody owns it yet.. RT manager has the deeds for most if not all of these locations. They are basically just set as LA's for sometime in the future. :dunce:

Now that we are past that. Last time i checked kim works for CALY not RT. So lets keep this within the bounds of caly's economy and try to be hmmm. constructive instead of a little whiny bitch. Have a nice day:wtg:

so what if it would be desolate? isnt that what happened to alot of the calypso LA's? i fail to see ur point why RT is allowed more in this dna LA sense.

Will these new LAs that can be bought with 9 'share' deeds have mobs on them?

Hi Kim! :wave:

Can I place my order now for a few (4 or so) mourner DNA samples.

Oh, and also wouldn't mind a couple of combibo samples.

And ummm, let's see... yeah, that's all for now.

thanks!

I would like to see DNA become limited and craftable. Hunters (and miners) would gather the raw materials for the crafters to make dna(L).

Each successful click would create a piece of dna which could give a land area the mob for a single day, and you could put a stack of dna(L) into the fert terminal to have the mob for a month or more. There could also be L prints that create single maturities eg, atrox provider(L) so you can have specific mob and maturity, or special maturity or mobs (eg. atrox marauder or longtooth).

The old dna's should remain as unlimited dna, but I think MA should allow owners to remove and replace them whenever they want so they can take advantage of L dna too.

There's more than enough mobs to create a book of dna blueprints, and it would give hunter/miners an additional source of markup as well as allow crafters to make a few ped and land owners to take more control of their land.

MA would need to alter things so it doesn't cost a fortune to insert a dna for 1 day to have an event, but i think it's probably a fairly easy bit of coding and development work to create a really interesting addition to the universe.

Great idea. I think this would benefit everyone.

Cheers
Siam

I believe that the game could be more profitable in the long term if return rates for the different activities were higher.
Right now the thought is that you take 10% of everything cycled and give 90% back as loot.
This makes it very difficult for players to play very long on their deposits and most people get frustrated and quit. It is just too hard to make up 10% loss in markup for most activities.
If you changed this to 95/5 instead of 90/10 I believe you could double your player base within a year or two, probably even more.
With 2x or more players you would actually be making more money and the players would be happier. This would be a continuing trend and growth would become exponential.
In order to do this though you have to accept the lower income for now to invest in the future growth of the game.
Thanks considering this option to make this game even better than it is,

ILikeMoney

so what if it would be desolate? isnt that what happened to alot of the calypso LA's? i fail to see ur point why RT is allowed more in this dna LA sense.

Because there are no lands owned by players only planet partner. So NDS has the right to change the spawn when they feels its wrong. Just like kim dose with the migration, Atrox Queen etc etc. The land on Calypso that use DNA are owned by players so they control what mobs they have on their land. I thinks thats right.

the caly LA's are for sale, so a player owns them and neglected them therefore they are desolate. RT on the other hand players dont own them, they are still owned by RT

the caly LA's are for sale, so a player owns them and neglected them therefore they are desolate. RT on the other hand players dont own them, they are still owned by RT

point being of course that on calypso before sale the LA's are empty.

on RT the LA's are packed full and TAXED .

Is that a retoric question? After reading such one I wonder if you guys developing/playing the same game.

Well I assume they want to know more about how the players feel about it as well :)

what about rocktropia for example where there is alot of spawn in LA's but none of them have dna or fertilizer in them. care to explain that kim? been here for years, dropping dna parts now doesnt change a thing for me as i wont be the one looting it sadly. same as sga and all ur other bullshit.

Why are you asking a Calypso official about another planet? Ask someone over at ND Studios instead...

Will these new LAs that can be bought with 9 'share' deeds have mobs on them?

As one share is 100 square meters, a 3x3 share deed area would be 30x30 meters big (about 90x90 ft) and therefore I assume it would be a bit crowded if you started spawning mobs on them :laugh:

point being of course that on calypso before sale the LA's are empty.

on RT the LA's are packed full and TAXED .

certain lands like motorhead land is owned by Lemmy form the band motorhead, there is also a couple of other music investors that has joined ND to build rocktropia. They are not players, but investors.

I'd rather see more effort being spent on the story of this RPG instead of exclusively on the the game mechanics.

I think you should make more DNA. How can you ask such a thing?

But I think you could make a new system for land management, and land owners should have the option to change the stats of the mob on their land, including name.

When I say this I am thinking at something like this.

You addd DNA X in land. Mob X has some basic stats that can be changed:

1. HP/lowest maturity.
2. Regen rate.
3. Agro range.
4. Minimum damage.
5. Number of damage types inflicted by the mob.
6. Maximum damage.
7. AI type.
8. Minimum loot (no loot or x loot/mob)
9. Maximum loot.
10. Basic loot table.
11. Movement type.
12. 3d animation
13. name

Now, each of those stats should be able to be changed for a fee. For example, if you want to change the HP up, it will cost you 1000 ped first 100 HP. Then each 100 HP will cost more and cost goes up exponentially. Add 200 HP, 2000 ped. Add 300 HP is 4000 ped and so on. Just an example... the rate of HP you can decide in balancing.

If one wants to change regen rate, same idea. Add more regen% a fee for each step of the change. Up or down.

Agro range can be changed . Wach 10 meters up or down can be 5000 ped. Hard to change this stat

Number of damage types can or can not be added. But to add or remove one damage type should be expensive since is a huge balancing decision. 10k ped/change would be payed by some.

Minimum damage should be function of the HP. If you want to push damage up or down, it should cost 10k ped for each 5% of that damage.

AI type should provide the option to change from a list. each change should cost something, but agresive mobs should be cheapper and mobs that are peacefull should be expensive. Flying mobs that are peacefull should be a fortune since the land is good for hunting and mining.

Minimum loot can be increased or decreased and each change will have a cost on a slider. Some may want no loot mobs for more hofs.

Maximum loot can be pushed up or down in steps. Some may want higher ATH's for fame, some may want lower ubers but more hofs. They should pay for that option.

Basic loot table. One should be able to remove specific items from loot for a fee, or add specific items in loot for a fee. Any change to loot table should have huge costs since is an important balancing change. So any change should be minimum 200k peds.

3d animation... land owner should be able to choose the way the mob looks from a list. For a fee...

Name.
I think after so many fees he can change this for free, don't you think? WTF, you are robbing these people!

Limited & craftable.......Top!
Stack (L) DNA.............Top!

Couldn't have come up with a better plan!

I gotta aks to Kim|MindArk though : can DNA from one planet be used on land of another planet? Or is it up to the Planet Partners to deceide what mobs of theirs are allowed on other planets and what mobs from others they allow on their own planet?

:yay::confused::yay:

More DNA for new and futur creatures, yes.
But not more DNA of the existing ones.
It would f*ck the market value of the OLA that have been bought because of the rare DNA.

For ex. The OLA #15 is the only OLA with 3 x Trilomite DNA. I would be very mad if I see Trilomite DNA in the auction tomorrow when I come back from work.

No option to vote for me.

Every mob in the game should be possible to get dna from so we can get some proper spawns of some mobs that are majorly lacking or just in painful areas to hunt in.

Brilliant, just brilliant

Land owner inserts DNA (L) in his land, hunters hunts the mob for DNA parts, he sells to crafters that creates more DNA (L) and sell it to Land owner...

It's the circle of life :yay:

Now add to this something similar for ore/enematter "DNA (L)" so land owners can modify what is mined in their lands and we will have a great economy.

Add me to the list of people who thinks this is a great idea :)

Having an LA that's too busy to hunt one day, and then completely empty the next, would just be annoying. It would be best restricted to certain special mobs, alongside an expansion of the current system.

Proper management of the Land Area should be up to the Land Area Owner not MA/Calypso. If the way a land owner manages their Land Area under the new system annoys you, then hunt on someone else's land.

Options are good!

narfi

I'm a miner and would love to see beacons and strange signals come back asap....I feel it's past time for that to come back
The heck with anything to do with hunting....

I'm a miner and would love to see beacons and strange signals come back asap....I feel it's past time for that to come back
The heck with anything to do with hunting....

Soon, soon...
Beacon/Dungeon
Fight your way through an off world robot base or an underground dungeon to defeat bosses and plunder their treasures. This improved and exciting system is set for release in the middle of December 2011.

The word fight kinda gives me the feeling it's not a mining thing anymore....

The word fight kinda gives me the feeling it's not a mining thing anymore....

Why? You always fought your way through the beacon after finding it while mining ;O

Why? You always fought your way through the beacon after finding it while mining ;O

yeah true..dunno...they never mention that it's gonna be found while mining I guess...just gotta wait and see

I'll be one of the odd ones, and say I really don't care about more DNA....

I don't hunt on Land Areas unless I find it absolutely necessary, which I rarely do, so I really don't care about efforts toward them. I'd rather more dev time be spent on efforts for the main continent of Calypso.

Your threads kim sure do grab attention :).
Yes I'm in also, create more creature dna.

A little bit off-topic Kim,

But can we have iron missions please for all DNA mobs and all mobs in general that can be done on LAs.

Thanks, this will ease a little the impact of the new deed system for current LA owners.

Cheers,
Viper

definately yes, there is so much LAs und so small diversity of DNA available that may be installed.

And please take care!

If you decide to let some more mobs drop DNA parts, don´t do that with mobs of landgrab LAs.
Imho its important for landgrab that those LAs offer mobs that can´t be found at regular OLAs.

Back