Would you like more types of DNA Samples to be released?

Should more creature DNA be released?

• Yes

Votes: 152 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Stop wasting time on this and work on something else!

Votes: 27 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kim|MindArk

Former Planet Calypso Official
As the title suggests, do you think that there is a lack of available DNA types on Calypso and would you like to see more of them added?

Yes, yes yes and yes!

Providing it isn't garbage mobs that loot only TT and wool/oils, then yes.

as long as i loot something of value i stand behinds whatever changes you make :)

:yay::yay::yay:

Yeah big nasty ones with teeth and claws that you can tame and ride and attack people with... dare to dream.

What Butch said sounds like a good starting point.

In Calypso space yes ;)

yes...and pls make them removable from the fertilizer station so that it is possible to change DNA / MOb settings without loosing the sample. Even if you need to "repair" the DNA samples after removing it would be great.

Samples for some of the really rare mobs would be nice :) tried hunting Mourners before since I really like them but gave up after it took two hours to kill less than 100 even tho I used my Valkyrie to drive around looking for them :laugh:

Releasing new DNA is one idea. I would suggest making it possible to loot DNA fragments and appropriate animal parts for completing DNA samples. At the same time please do revisit older samples, like cornundacauda (it's impossible to complete since you cannot loot the sail).

This way there is another incentive for hunting, even more tt value kept in storage and happy land owners with something else that merp or trox DNA.

We need DNA for mobs like cornoanterion and caperon. Both those mobs are sadly lacking ingame...

EDIT: and Mourner goes without saying :p

plus, I'd recommend to make the regular parts of the dna as components for blueprints etc so those have more value than TT. or it's a bad idea? =)

J.

What a dumb question to even ask

Please do, I have most the DNA parts for Proteron but need a few more and to loot the Ribs of course.:girl: These have completely stopped dropping for quite some time now.:rolleyes:

As the title suggests, do you think that there is a lack of available DNA types on Calypso and would you like to see more of them added?

Adding more of them would definately be a good thing imo. Have you considered creating Limited DNA samples ? If you make them UL like before, the market might soon get overflooded and they would lose value rapidly.

Would it not also perhaps be possible to allow LA owners to create custom wave spawns by adding a "Wave Arena Structure" to their LA and feeding DNA into it? Could make for some interesting mixed-mob-waves with full density Merp for first few waves and an Atrox Stalker as boss :laugh:

Could even have event manager on those in case someone wants to "book" a wave and give rewards if finished :)

What a dumb question to even ask

You do NOT complain about communication and letting the community have its say in things.

I would like to see DNA become limited and craftable. Hunters (and miners) would gather the raw materials for the crafters to make dna(L).

Each successful click would create a piece of dna which could give a land area the mob for a single day, and you could put a stack of dna(L) into the fert terminal to have the mob for a month or more. There could also be L prints that create single maturities eg, atrox provider(L) so you can have specific mob and maturity, or special maturity or mobs (eg. atrox marauder or longtooth).

The old dna's should remain as unlimited dna, but I think MA should allow owners to remove and replace them whenever they want so they can take advantage of L dna too.

There's more than enough mobs to create a book of dna blueprints, and it would give hunter/miners an additional source of markup as well as allow crafters to make a few ped and land owners to take more control of their land.

MA would need to alter things so it doesn't cost a fortune to insert a dna for 1 day to have an event, but i think it's probably a fairly easy bit of coding and development work to create a really interesting addition to the universe.

Yes and yes. Especially if by released, you mean "DNA parts will drop in loot and/or are found in mining in SOTO".

Would it not also perhaps be possible to allow LA owners to create custom wave spawns by adding a "Wave Arena Structure" to their LA and feeding DNA into it? Could make for some interesting mixed-mob-waves with full density Merp for first few waves and an Atrox Stalker as boss :laugh:

Wanted to add some to this but edit wont work on my phone, pah...

1) Having custom wave spawns like this would give more of a use to old "noob" DNA like Atrox, Merp, etc as well.
2) If implemented, DNA used in this should be replaceable and moveable at any time with no cost.
3) Other types of spawns could also be added to allow more diversity, like allowing the LA owner to pinpoint a certain position where xx mobs would spawn with a set interval, allowing small but very dense spawns for campers and people doing missions.
4) There should also be some high level DNA producing rare spawns, like the Eomon on the west island (out of the new ones) which spawns 1 for every 1000 other mobs killed.

I would like to see DNA become limited and craftable. Hunters (and miners) would gather the raw materials for the crafters to make dna(L).

Each successful click would create a piece of dna which could give a land area the mob for a single day, and you could put a stack of dna(L) into the fert terminal to have the mob for a month or more. There could also be L prints that create single maturities eg, atrox provider(L) so you can have specific mob and maturity, or special maturity or mobs (eg. atrox marauder or longtooth).

The old dna's should remain as unlimited dna, but I think MA should allow owners to remove and replace them whenever they want so they can take advantage of L dna too.

There's more than enough mobs to create a book of dna blueprints, and it would give hunter/miners an additional source of markup as well as allow crafters to make a few ped and land owners to take more control of their land.

MA would need to alter things so it doesn't cost a fortune to insert a dna for 1 day to have an event, but i think it's probably a fairly easy bit of coding and development work to create a really interesting addition to the universe.

Very interesting stuff. Can lead to some bio-chemistry, scientific profession.

Nice idea :)

Sounds like an excellent idea to develop the DNA and LA system.

Awesome idea actually.

yes i want!..why? Lets think about this problem a litle. More DNA's will cover a much larger variety of mobs and very important a much larger variety of maturities..witch i think Calypso need from years ago. This will give rise to new hunters specialized on special mobs and special maturities; another very important thing : will bring back many many old hunters and ubers who like and love to hunt only one type of mobs or maturities. The profits for LA's will go up becouse more people will hunt on these specialized LA's. If someone try to think about maturities and mobs on LA's(i did and did a research on this) that someone will be very surprized coz.(if you believe me or not) on LA's only 15-20% of mobs and maturities are covered...which means a big big lack of posible market for a big big amount of players who want to have fun...and stay there for days and weeks and months only to hunt that mob and that maturity who love to hunt.
This step(more DNA's)..will grow the value of most of the lands (few..but very few, maybe 3% will drop in value) , will increase the number of sales of Lands..and will give a great growth opportunity and posibility of developing , and bigger and nicer events..and much more in number. The quality of the owner and investment will give a real growing posibility of that LA..based on more reasons then the only one who was till now and this was 'is unique with unique mobs' etc.

We need quality and grow of the bussines based on work, investments and marketing pushed to perfection.

Sent

Last edited:

what about rocktropia for example where there is alot of spawn in LA's but none of them have dna or fertilizer in them. care to explain that kim? been here for years, dropping dna parts now doesnt change a thing for me as i wont be the one looting it sadly. same as sga and all ur other bullshit.

what about rocktropia for example where there is alot of spawn in LA's but none of them have dna or fertilizer in them. care to explain that kim? been here for years, dropping dna parts now doesnt change a thing for me as i wont be the one looting it sadly. same as sga and all ur other bullshit.

Sheesh what an attitude... Sure you are in the right game? Noone is forced to play here you know?

Back