Would you like more types of DNA Samples to be released?

Should more creature DNA be released?

• Yes

Votes: 152 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Stop wasting time on this and work on something else!

Votes: 27 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to see DNA become limited and craftable. Hunters (and miners) would gather the raw materials for the crafters to make dna(L).

Each successful click would create a piece of dna which could give a land area the mob for a single day, and you could put a stack of dna(L) into the fert terminal to have the mob for a month or more. There could also be L prints that create single maturities eg, atrox provider(L) so you can have specific mob and maturity, or special maturity or mobs (eg. atrox marauder or longtooth).

The old dna's should remain as unlimited dna, but I think MA should allow owners to remove and replace them whenever they want so they can take advantage of L dna too.

There's more than enough mobs to create a book of dna blueprints, and it would give hunter/miners an additional source of markup as well as allow crafters to make a few ped and land owners to take more control of their land.

MA would need to alter things so it doesn't cost a fortune to insert a dna for 1 day to have an event, but i think it's probably a fairly easy bit of coding and development work to create a really interesting addition to the universe.

Freakin awesome idea Slitherz0rz,

Huge + Rep to you.

Old idea incoming, partly related to this ...

please read the quoted link in full to understand the quoted below.

This would tie in well with the new Land Deeds currently being auctioned ;)

eg. 10 land deeds could get you a mini LA, 5 could get you a bio farming plot (Read link below part B) etc.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...lypso-Awards-Events-Realty.&highlight=reality

A. Corporation Cooperative Land Areas

Corporation Credits can only be earnt through the graded corporation taskmasters. These credits can *not* be extracted from the corporation card to be traded to other participants.

This system will operate in parallel with, and is seperate from, the Marcus Calendar standard LA releases on auctioneer. (Limited to the wealthiest participants currently and for time to come)

The corporation co-operative are an organised bunch of folks and like to work in implementing things in an organised fashion.

In having said this, the corporations have bought up masses of land area to set aside for purchase by those who have helped out the corporation taskmasters with their associated graded tasks.

These land areas are available in only 1 size.

They are organised in large back to back arrays consisting of 20 land areas in 2 rows of 10 with a small passage way seperating them around the perimeter.

An initial 200 Land areas of 500 x 500 M are available in 10 arrays, the intention to expand this in the future is on the books when required.

Corporation cooperative designed mini-TP access points have been positioned to gain easy access via minor TP jumps to any required LA.

>----------< >----------< >future expansion< >future expansion<

Conditions of corporation cooperative LA deed purchase:

- Corperation Credits purchase cost for first purchase = 2000 Corp credits.
- PED purchase cost in addition to Corp Credits = 20,000 PED

Corporation corporative LA deed has a PED value of 20,000 PED which can be sold back to any trade terminal when the participant wishes to relinquish the CC-LA deed.

A relinquished deed sold to a trade terminal will be placed back into the vendor que to be made available for future participant purchase.

Corporation credits used for any realty purchase are non-refundable after the purchase has been made.

CC-LA deeds can *not* be sold on the auction and can not be traded to other participants at any stage.

A participant can own more than 1 Corporation Cooperative deed, though the points required to acquire the second CC-LA deed will be 4000 Corporation Credits, the third will cost 6000 Corporation Credits, the 4th will cost 8,000 Corporation credits and so on.

CC-LA Features & Limitations:

Each LA will have a Corporation Cooperative designed mini-fertiliser station at the middle front of each CC Land Area.

This high tech miniture fert station will hold a maximum of 2 DNAs.
It will also hold only a 1/4 of the fertiliser that can be added to the present day fertiliser stations.

Mob maturity is owner-selectable.
Spawn density is set to medium and can not be changed.

A single populated DNA slot will use fertiliser at a standard 1.0 times rate.
If the second DNA slot is populated, fertiliser will be used at a rate of 1.5 times for each spawn allocated onto the land area.

If a fertiliser station runs out of fertiliser at any point, a manual restart of the fertiliser station is required after addition of fertiliser. This restart will incur a penalty of 3 hours before mobs start to respawn again.

The fertiliser station does however have a benefit.

Available Corporation-Tuned Enhancements:

The corporation cooperative scientists have added 2 interface module slots where fertilisation catalyst modules (L) can be added.

Two models of fertilisation catalyst modules can be purchased from the Chikara Corporation specific vendor.

Model-A is a low TT value (L) enhancement module to be used on low to moderate traffic land areas. Model-B is a high TT value (L) enhancement module to be used on land areas expecting moderate to high levels of traffic.

Both models provide the same enhancement.
Fertiliser will be used at 40% of the normal rate.
0.40 rate for 1 DNA / 0.60 for 2 DNA.

Once a 'Fertiliser Catalyst Enhancement Module' (L) is installed into one of the two available slots, it is locked and can not be removed.

When an enhancement module (L) reaches its minimum condition limit, it will automatically vaporise and the slot will be available for another to be installed.

2 modules can be installed into the 2 available slots using any combination of low or high TT models available.

When both modules expire, the fertiliser station will revert back to the normal rate of fertiliser use.

Event Advanatages - Awarding & Earning Corporation Credits:

The land ownership marker is integrated as part of the high-tech corporation fertiliser station.

Right click and select operate upon the events LCD above the station Logistics LCD to operate the events panel.

Creating an event will cost the promoter 50 PED.

A maximum limit of 10 people can be involved in any one event on these 500M x 500M CC-LAs.

Each participant whom purchases a ticket at the event terminal will be awarded 1 corporation credit for their ticket purchase purchase (even if it is a free event that the promoter paid to put on). All participants present on at the completion of the event will be awarded another 1 corporation credit.

Event promoters will have the ability to place upto a maximum of 25 Corporation Credits deducted from their own Corporation Card as part of the prize.

Last edited:
I would like to see DNA become limited and craftable. Hunters (and miners) would gather the raw materials for the crafters to make dna(L).

Each successful click would create a piece of dna which could give a land area the mob for a single day, and you could put a stack of dna(L) into the fert terminal to have the mob for a month or more. There could also be L prints that create single maturities eg, atrox provider(L) so you can have specific mob and maturity, or special maturity or mobs (eg. atrox marauder or longtooth).

The old dna's should remain as unlimited dna, but I think MA should allow owners to remove and replace them whenever they want so they can take advantage of L dna too.

There's more than enough mobs to create a book of dna blueprints, and it would give hunter/miners an additional source of markup as well as allow crafters to make a few ped and land owners to take more control of their land.

MA would need to alter things so it doesn't cost a fortune to insert a dna for 1 day to have an event, but i think it's probably a fairly easy bit of coding and development work to create a really interesting addition to the universe.

Thats f...ing best idea I have read here in forum last few years.
Really great thinking +REP !!!!!

More DNA for new and futur creatures, yes.
But not more DNA of the existing ones.
It would f*ck the market value of the OLA that have been bought because of the rare DNA.

For ex. The OLA #15 is the only OLA with 3 x Trilomite DNA. I would be very mad if I see Trilomite DNA in the auction tomorrow when I come back from work.

No option to vote for me.

Well Bernz, you still would have the option to buy it to save your monoply, or just give someone else the option to offer different maturity than you do.

eg. 10 land deeds could get you a mini LA, 5 could get you a bio farming plot (Read link below part B) etc.

10 of the new plots would be 1000 square meters, or 10x100 meters
9 of the new plots would be 30x30 meters :silly2:

5 new plots = 50x10 meters... The buildings in the newest Swamp Camps and the one in Chugs (the camo camps ya know?) are 15x10 meters... you'd be able to fit 3 of those in, not really big enough to do much :laugh:

10 of the new plots would be 1000 square meters, or 10x100 meters
9 of the new plots would be 30x30 meters :silly2:

5 new plots = 50x10 meters... The buildings in the newest Swamp Camps and the one in Chugs (the camo camps ya know?) are 15x10 meters... you'd be able to fit 3 of those in, not really big enough to do much :laugh:

hehe, I leave the figures upto MA, my intention was to use land deeds on sale now to purchase mini-LAs 500 x 500M, Bio plots could be 500 x 250M, etc.

Sorry should have been more specific, I like talking on conceptual levels, more concept design :)

This would all be on new continents ofc, which we would likely see in 2013/2014

Proper management of the Land Area should be up to the Land Area Owner not MA/Calypso. If the way a land owner manages their Land Area under the new system annoys you, then hunt on someone else's land.

Options are good!

narfi

Do you deliberately miss the point of all my posts just to irritate me? If so, it's working.

The point was that poor implementation could prevent good management, and this must be avoided.

Do you deliberately miss the point of all my posts just to irritate me? If so, it's working.

The point was that poor implementation could prevent good management, and this must be avoided.

Careful Oleg, post in a troll thread and expect bridges and specist goats

yes...and pls make them removable from the fertilizer station so that it is possible to change DNA / MOb settings without loosing the sample. Even if you need to "repair" the DNA samples after removing it would be great.

+rep

As for the thread, I think it's a good idea. I would add more options gradually over the course of years though, as opposed to dumping them all into the system at once.

A little bit off-topic Kim,

But can we have iron missions please for all DNA mobs and all mobs in general that can be done on LAs.

I can't remember who said that, someone from MA or FPC, but he/she said that all creatures will have a iron mission sooner or later. I can't find the post neither. It was probably in a thread from when the missions was introduced.

I can't remember who said that, someone from MA or FPC, but he/she said that all creatures will have a iron mission sooner or later. I can't find the post neither. It was probably in a thread from when the missions was introduced.

Ah ... good to know, thanks buddy ;)

Ah ... good to know, thanks buddy ;)

Don't thanks me but plz, let me know if by luck you find the post. :)
I'm still waiting for Iron Trilomite and I'd like to quote them for a little reminder. lol

Don't thanks me but plz, let me know if by luck you find the post. :)
I'm still waiting for Iron Trilomite and I'd like to quote them for a little reminder. lol

hehe ok mate, thanks for the heads up, I guess I will wait for Kim to answer it :)

Please Kim, im suffering from not enough iron missions ... I plan way into the futuerz0rz :)

MF all the way while I chip eat for breakfast lunch and tea :)

LVL 20 in 1 week, on all 3 professions natur-e-al, so don't say yea right, I will get to 50 in no time :yup:

Oh crap before I forget, can you adjust the system to drop more Lacerating & Cryogenic V+ chips, there is simply not enough :( Thanks,

Viper

Either you missed the two threads I made on this specific topic (Where's the DNA? and Too many Landareas?) or you're just ignoring my work.

Since it's more than likely you missed my threads (no one else reads them anyway :ahh:) I'll forgive you. :laugh:

But to make it simple, the last time I checked, there were something like 140 LAs available and less than ~10 different DNAs available to the public.

Clearly that's a balancing issue, eh? Or are you happy having so many "miner's only" and "only whatever base spawns are here" LAs around?

I know the idea of making almost every mob available on taxable land is a sour topic for lots of folks, but the fact is simple: There's almost 50 LAs more then there are total possible DNAs. That is simply not good on some level.

Either you missed the two threads I made on this specific topic (Where's the DNA? and Too many Landareas?) or you're just ignoring my work.

Since it's more than likely you missed my threads (no one else reads them anyway :ahh:) I'll forgive you. :laugh:

But to make it simple, the last time I checked, there were something like 140 LAs available and less than ~10 different DNAs available to the public.

Clearly that's a balancing issue, eh? Or are you happy having so many "miner's only" and "only whatever base spawns are here" LAs around?

I know the idea of making almost every mob available on taxable land is a sour topic for lots of folks, but the fact is simple: There's almost 50 LAs more then there are total possible DNAs. That is simply not good on some level.

Aye john, I agree.

I did read your thread on this ... no need to refer it, but hey,

What are your thoughts on Slitherz0rzaursus's idea ?

Being the old Slither he is, he has used his head and come up with a fantastic idea imho :)

Cheers,

Viper / ex-Lavawalker

Don't really know why this dump question needs to be ask, more DNA would definitely better, LA owner can have more diversity and normal players have a chance to loot some valuable DNA parts to sell to LA owner

A little bit off-topic Kim,

But can we have iron missions please for all DNA mobs and all mobs in general that can be done on LAs.

Thanks, this will ease a little the impact of the new deed system for current LA owners.

Cheers,
Viper

Found it. :smoke: But it was posted by SDS so ... :dunno:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?150-SDS-Q-A-(Part-1)

As the title suggests, do you think that there is a lack of available DNA types on Calypso and would you like to see more of them added?

Basicaly MA can start with releasing DNA's for already existing mobs wchich didn't had DNA before. Calypso spawns are poor and mixed anyway.

Also orders for DNA samples not fixed yet, its impossible to order already existing DNA's

...oh dear, i cant even remeber how many years LA owners asked for that :eek:

And Kim said he did not care if there was such a claim or not, but that he would not make more. If I can be bothered, I'll look at the post for you.

but that he would not make more.

I hope that isn't the case, 1 mission = 1 month of grinding or less, I am killing 1k mobs (normal or small regen like molisks) a day atm as my target before I hit the sack, so 2 missions worth a month.

If he will not make more, then I will get bored rather quickly without iron mission goals with some reward to work towards.

Unfortunately I can not comment on loot other than to say, it is not worth it at this time in history without a reward attributed.

I hope that isn't the case, 1 mission = 1 month of grinding or less, I am killing 1k mobs (normal or small regen like molisks) a day atm as my target before I hit the sack, so 2 missions worth a month.

If he will not make more, then I will get bored rather quickly without iron mission goals with some reward to work towards.

Unfortunately I can not comment on loot other than to say, it is not worth it at this time in history without a reward attributed.

There are now mission token awarding missions including repeatable ones for hunting and mining.

Anyways, get back once you have finished 4 out of Aranetarox, Aurli, Atrox, Evicerator, Feffoid, Neconu, Scipulor, Sumima and Warrior chains. And yes, some of these have bronze. It is lamentable that there will apparently not be more, at least for now, but really, the missions that exist now are a very good climb up the mob ladder.

But all of this talk of missions is off topic really.

We want more DNA!

We want missing mobs like Calamusoids (both sexes) and Kerberos back!

i asked kim about this couple days ago,here is my question + his answer

Originally Posted by fluske
kim,

fluske:marco said some time ago that there would be iron missions for all mobs eventually,can cou confirm that this is still valid ?
or will all new missions and rewards from now on be like the last missions(at islands + tokens)

kim : No I have not changed my mind on this subject regardless of what Marco has said in the past.

so if it is up p kim no more ironmissions+skillrrewards
he did however in that thread said interesting things about new missions+ rewards of ul weapons

Anyways, get back once you have finished 4 out of Aranetarox, Aurli, Atrox, Evicerator, Feffoid, Neconu, Scipulor, Sumima and Warrior chains. And yes, some of these have bronze. It is lamentable that there will apparently not be more, at least for now, but really, the missions that exist now are a very good climb up the mob ladder.

Yep, will be starting Allo, feff, trox chains next friday, they should keep me busy for a few months each I would imagine :)

Anyway your right back on topic,

More DNAs please and make them craftable (L) like Slither suggested ;)

yes...and pls make them removable from the fertilizer station so that it is possible to change DNA / MOb settings without loosing the sample. Even if you need to "repair" the DNA samples after removing it would be great.

I agree with this, I don't know how many times I have had to re-create a DNA sample because it was destroyed after I used it. However, doing this would de-value the price of the DNA samples and make hard to make DNA samples like the Proteron DNA way cheaper than it is now which is not a good thing for current DNA holders and land owners with those mobs on them.

Just two ways of looking at the coin..

~Danimal

I agree with this, I don't know how many times I have had to re-create a DNA sample because it was destroyed after I used it. However, doing this would de-value the price of the DNA samples and make hard to make DNA samples like the Proteron DNA way cheaper than it is now which is not a good thing for current DNA holders and land owners with those mobs on them.

Just two ways of looking at the coin..

~Danimal

Old rare DNA (like the proteron) may remain rare and UL. The new DNA(L) will be easier to craft but to make Uber mobs should still be difficult. Like really high level DNA(L) blueprints (L) that are hard to loot and that use parts that don't loot often. So a land owner might get the chance from time to time to place Proteron (L) on his land but only for a few days because there won't be enough of it in the market to do it for longer periods of time.

It's all about balancing the drops of DNA(L) parts and blueprints depending on the rarity of the mobs.

Old rare DNA (like the proteron) may remain rare and UL. The new DNA(L) will be easier to craft but to make Uber mobs should still be difficult. Like really high level DNA(L) blueprints (L) that are hard to loot and that use parts that don't loot often. So a land owner might get the chance from time to time to place Proteron (L) on his land but only for a few days because there won't be enough of it in the market to do it for longer periods of time.

It's all about balancing the drops of DNA(L) parts and blueprints depending on the rarity of the mobs.

I don't think MA should make DNA blueprints that is not a good idea, and this whole "DNA(L)" think that you refer to is the same thing as the DNA samples we have now just without the L tag, once you use the bugger it goes poof just like an L item. So I don't see a need in implementing DNA(L) either.

As a prior land owner I never would goto another person for DNA I would always make it myself, same with enhancers I wouldn't goto other crafters I would make it myself. Adding in this whole blueprint thing would be useless because only certain people would ever need to create and use DNA. The way DNA is created now is fine the way it is. Making a blueprint that will create DNA is absurd, they might as well make everything in EU printable then.

In addition, who's to say which DNA's are "rare", to one person Proteron could be rare but to another Daikiaba.. so there is no real way to implement a biased system for making certain DNA's UL and some not. People would have an uproar over this (current land owners).

~Danimal

I don't think MA should make DNA blueprints that is not a good idea, and this whole "DNA(L)" think that you refer to is the same thing as the DNA samples we have now just without the L tag, once you use the bugger it goes poof just like an L item. So I don't see a need in implementing DNA(L) either.

Did you read the original post from slither? The idea is that the DNA(L) would be different from the current DNA. It would be a stackable and each unit would only last one day, so when all the stack is used the land owner needs to buy new DNA(L) for his land.

The current DNA would be converted to UL and someone else proposed that this UL DNA can also be removed from the LA without losing it.

UL DNA could still be crafted in the usual way and remain rare.

Imagine the next merry mayhem, lets say one of the mobs for the event is the cornundacauda. A land owner with UL Combibo DNA could take it off for the event and replace it with 6 x 20 stacks of Cornundacauda DNA(L). After the event he simply puts back his Combibo DNA and carries on as usual.

In addition, who's to say which DNA's are "rare", to one person Proteron could be rare but to another Daikiaba.. so there is no real way to implement a biased system for making certain DNA's UL and some not. People would have an uproar over this (current land owners).

Right now MA descides that, thats why you don't see lots of proteron DNAs around. This again is a matter for the balancing department. Also, democracy is comming to Calypso soon, so maybe the players could have some voice in this issues.

What are your thoughts on Slitherz0rzaursus's idea ?

Being the old Slither he is, he has used his head and come up with a fantastic idea imho :)

I don't want to derail the main purpose of this thread by discussing pros/cons of specific ideas. That's best left for another thread. Simply best to say that I would not be opposed to his idea being implemented or not.

I don't want to derail the main purpose of this thread by discussing pros/cons of specific ideas. That's best left for another thread. Simply best to say that I would not be opposed to his idea being implemented or not.

Ah good point, I should have asked you in PM :)

I always liked your analysis on things and "Complete systems of" ideas :)

I only clicked this thread to see your post.

I can make these threads easier in the future too

Would you like more X?
answer: yes

Back