Neverdie explains how to get Rich in EU

cryengine is good !

it will reduce numbers of players by 40% !! thats means more claims for us !

:D

Yeah, you really know how a economy works... :rolleyes:

I have much respect for ND, such a risk with only his own sense of what may actually work, so much to lose, and such a precious thing so recently lost. Takes guts. Takes a lot of love too.

If I ever meet him I'll be happy to shake his hand . My opinion of the ND space pirate BS are all over EF....but I couldn't criticise ND ingame or for trying to raise the level of MA's game.

Several people make a living out or EU (or claim to) ..ND needs to. He did this well because he needed his kid looked after. Job done. IMO ..thank F*uck.

ND is just a guy with bottle making a living...you or I could do the same thing, we just don't have the bottle for it. So clap or cry...jealousy only makes you look and feel green :D

t

There is something i think is interesting though on what you say...

Neverdie is a REAL proof of success in the Virtual Games World :cool:
... but if the Entropia wasn't that successful (with his help too, for sure) and MA had a nice "Good morning : Bankrupt" .... wouldn't he be the Bigest looser of us all?

So would stay here for hours and talk about how UNLUCKY he've been. But Right now this is not the case. ;)

He was a very smart investor and foreseen the MA future , or he just knew too many Infos from the inside ...

Now plz someone show him how to STOP MOVING HIS HAND when he talks. :rolleyes: ....

Well, he's an American. And he is a sales person.

1+1=2

Actually Jon Neverdie Jacobs is not an American... He's British and moved to America to further his B movie acting career...

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

Last edited:
I have seen and read a few ND interviews over my years in PE/EU. That is just him he is enthusiastic and that enthusiasm can be infectious. I have to give him tons of respect because he is obviously someone who is passionate and not afraid to follow his dreams whether he sinks or swims.

Of course he wants more little ped burners to join and frequent his establishments. The more the merrier I say too.

There are always new opportunities being developed for Entropia Universe. Sometimes it takes a sizeable investment to take advantage of those opportunities and sometimes it just takes smarts. There are plenty of opportunities outside EU as well. If you have a great idea submit a proposal to MindArk if they give an OK then act on it.

I am sure MindArk wants success stories coming out of EU and while they might make the tools available its still up to the individual to make it happen.

There is a lot of buzz surrounding CE2 and its going to be an EU milestone. No matter what things will change after its implementation. Better or Worse? :dunno: that is up to MA. Our little one planet, one space station, one asteroid universe will expand its worth taking note and keeping an eye open for opportunities we all know MA will implement or have already begun to implement.

Not to sound like one of the abesentee Oxford professors but each of us is the "director of our lives" :silly2: lol jk but really we do have the ultimate control over whether EU is a positive or negative experience on any given day.

I can't be negative about ND's interview and approach to EU. Even though I don't have near the vested interest that ND has in EU I have always shared as sense of what potential EU has to offer. I am still a little miffed about loot restrictions, looted style clothing being obsolete, and skill nerfs only because its seems like a step in the wrong direction but I only see that from a player's perspective so I am biased in my opinion.

Overall I don't know ND or 7eo very well but I will give them credit where credit is due.

Reactions: Ozi
I think Sirhc has made most of the points I would like to make.

ND has been one of the most vocal and potent adverts for MA - consistently through good times and the not so good. Long may he play :)

My only concern with the message that he presented is that the space pirates senarios is on its way, however, we don't have an ata and he may have oversold it slightly.

Bahahahaha, ND you totally bowled her over, good job man (I recon she wanted in your pants). That was the most fluid and cohesive one I've seen yet.

i have belived for 5 years but still no luck for me...... And anyway ND has been rich just becuase mindark love him so much!

cryengine is good !

you will be brocke but you will look so godd :wtg:

The others dont "take" our claims.
Less players, less claims! try to understand it.
Thats the way it works

cryengine is good !

you will be brocke but you will look so godd :wtg:

Yeah, you really know how a economy works... :rolleyes:
lol

You seriously must think that MA has a limited pot of gold, so if you were the only player it would all be for you.....seriously you need to rethink your logic. If you want better loots, then you want more players and further development of EU. The loots come from a pool of funds deposited by the players and topped up by in game advertising. Business opportunites as well as better loots are coming for those who are smart enough and BELIEVE in the future.

Some people might have seen these internet surveys where you earn points or even earn cash simply by filling them out. This is because advertsing has become so disseminated across sooo many media that companies are now willing to pay for your attention. You have every right to start believing that more in game advertising will lead to better loots. Better loots will lead to more incoming players, which leads to more in game advertising and even better loots. It's a beautiful cycle....CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN DIG IT!!!!!!Hella amazing BNET interview...

Mr NEVERDIE...said the key too success,
NEVER QUIT!
& BELIEVE!
so simple its "genius".

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

Better loots will lead to more incoming players, which leads to more in game advertising and even better loots. It's a beautiful cycle....CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can certainly dig it BUT I am sure that only a small % will be put back to the players, enough to keep them hopeful, while the pigs at the top will continue to keep their trough as full as can be and MORE!

Typical corporate greed...

I can certainly dig it BUT I am sure that only a small % will be put back to the players, enough to keep them hopeful, while the pigs at the top will continue to keep their trough as full as can be and MORE!

Typical corporate greed...

You certainly make an interesting point Grrrrr and I think it good to discuss everything from both sides of the coin.

The key question I think you are trying to say is what is the minimum that MA would need to drop back in the loot pool to keep players coming back and rapidly grow the playerbase.

1) Players only lose 10% on an average hunt - result is maybe slightly better than current
2) Players on average break even - result many more players than current are now profiting (of course some will still lose, but there will be a much more positive sentiment)
3) Players on average a miniscule fraction in profit - result is many more players are profiting and bigger numbers are flooding into the game.
4) Players profit an average of 10% per hunt - now many players are making profit and some are profiting very nicely. Stories start to spread about just how many are hunting for a living and people start to flock into EU in droves. At this point it is costing the media companies $20 per week per player for their attention which is reasonable.

In scenario 4 EU starts to get the scale needed for major media companies to be forced to stop and take notice (as too many of their potential viewers are inside EU and they have to get to them). This is when the bigger dollars start to come in because MA are able to charge the media companies more, picture the statement from MA to the Media Mogul "we have 100 million customers that you desperately want, now pull out the cheque book because reaching them is going to cost you alot".

I'd love to see feedback from anyone who works in an advertising company to discuss what companies spend to advertise to targeted customer.

In my experience companies will often spend up to $100 in marketing costs to land a new customer (dependant on what the product is ofc). Take Lexus as an example, once they have a definate lead they will spend thousands to land a customer believing that in a lifetime that client might spend hundreds of thousands with them.

I think it wasn´t to hard to realise that my reply was meant to be ironic...

I'm an aussie, we get irony. I reckon we are the most sarcastic people on earth. I said lol in agreeance and support of what you said mate.

I'm an aussie, we get irony. I reckon we are the most sarcastic people on earth. I said lol in agreeance and support of what you said mate.
Yep, you're right up there with us Canadians. :) I've met several Aussies and it's funny, but I felt we had more in common, behavior-wise, than Canadians and Americans...it's kind of spooky!

it was a joke :D

but if lot of players leaves then MA will increase drops to attract more players :wtg:

I actually love 1950's B movies! I would actually pay to see those. It's crap like "I R LEGEND" that i'll download, watch for 20 minutes and then remove from my pc. :D

Bad analogy!

I believe.......:D

Anyways, you got to have the posibility to grow and not to stand still in the past, I know for some ppl it's hard to accomplish in what I'm reading in other threads. But you gotta have the nerves to never quit and to belive in yourself.
I myself could'nt have said it better, but it's true.
If u have the power to grow and the love for EU....
Then you will succeed...

Pink

TBH guys you need to look at it like this.

Neverdie, himself, is a alright guy from what i can tell/breif chats and is a great asset to MA even if he does go a little OTT sometimes on the PR :D.

EU always is and always will be a place to adopt the "PAP" strategy (no not pap as in boobs!) Pissing Away Ped(Pounds cos im a brit :D).

EU is about investing big to earn! Some people seem unnaturally lucky and can "EARN" by playing the game for fun.

If i had known what i now know i would have played EU alot different.
Everyone moans about not being able to make a buck in EU, well you can! I was one of these folks!

Lady fortune felated me recently and it was only then when i thought about how to make the best of my luck i noticed what i was doing wrong.

I was playing pure fun which is ok for some but if you play fun but with a sensible head you can fund your EU life and profit from it without constantly PAP.

Thanks to the fortune of lootius and now have enough ped to do what i need im turning at current 500ped profit a week (This being my first week thinking different)
Its not much... but from small acorns grow big trees and the more ped i earn the greater my profit will be!!!

My Hof pushed me into the "Profiting from EU" club by $600... end of the month i expect that to be $800. (ignoring the inflation on my amps and armor)

Oppertunities are there... you need to find them BUT most of all........ you need the ped backing to do it!

(Hope this didnt sound too fucked up lol)

Good interview I thought, and to those who say he talked Bullshit there, at no time does he say that it's any more likely to make it big in EU than in RL. It's just another marketplace to try your hand at. For some it will work; those who believe, don't quit and have a good idea..... for the rest, like RL, it's the daily grind:)

Not a bad thing by any reckoning, talent shines through and gets rewarded.

Hurrikane

OK, I admit it.. I love the concept of EU. Is it perfect, no. Am I getting rich, no. Am I losing money, yes (but not as much as I used to).

I don't expect to get rich in EU, but I have a great time in the world and thats why I stay. Every other person has their own individual reason for staying in EU. If you don't like it you can leave anytime. Neverdie obviously loves EU for more than just the money he makes. I think it's great that he is able to share his enthusiam while being a great PR plug for EU.

I get really sick of people who constantly bitch and moan about EU and still log on every day. I have occassional complaints, but I get over it. If you don't like it, leave, there are other things you can do. I for one plan to stay because I enjoy it for what it is and I'm glad others do too.

Thanks for posting the link. (I just wish the reporter had a clue about the topic)

I totally aggree with this post. Sure we all have our frustrations about bad looting days and laggy events. We all get over it.....cause most of the time it is fun and brings a lot of joy (with soc etct).

gl!

Just keep this as rule of thumb

There is no garuntee that you can make money from this game through the actions of playing the game (i.e. hunting, mining, crafting etc..) Just accept it - coz its the plain truth!

In actual fact the odds are against you for actually making profit. Its even possible to see that even the high level players of the game lose out (which is evident in hunting/mining experiment threads that have been started by Star, Skippie.. etc) But believe it or not thats actually one aspect that makes the game more enjoyable the fact that there's risk.

Although it is possible to make money in this game... NeverDie and MA just fail to mention you have to deposit bucket-loads in order to get to that stage to buy your self a business (i.e. LA, Shop)

Thats the realistic view of it, just read it and accept it!

Kinda gets a little tiring when there's a thread that juggles over the fact whether if it is possible or not possible to make money (and there have been many before this)

That hair cracks me up most famous and popular dork in the world LOL (nothing wrong with being a dork BTW I am one).

imho ND is a great guy and the above was not meant as an insult ;)

Would you/he pay again 100k for some egg?;)

I actually love 1950's B movies! I would actually pay to see those. It's crap like "I R LEGEND" that i'll download, watch for 20 minutes and then remove from my pc. :D

Bad analogy!

Thats bad to promote illegal things man. Downloaded films is an illegal activity. Even if u remove it from ur pc after watching.

As usual, ND is the fire in the cheminee. Noone in pe is more hot than him lol.

Thats bad to promote illegal things man. Downloaded films is an illegal activity. Even if u remove it from ur pc after watching.

BIG OFF-TOPIC! (apologies to original poster)

Man, people actually think like that? I always saw downloading Music & Films as a victimless crime. If these inflated celebrities who entertain us can't fleece us for our cash through hype, record and film sales, maybe they'll produce more quality films that make us want to pay to see them, or play more gigs to show their musical quality. The argument that it funds organised crime is ludicrous; like Cocaine doesn't have a nice mark-up! The argument that it's killing the music industry is like saying Raid is bad because it kills cockroaches. Music and Film shouldn't be an industry, they should be art, to be enjoyed, and paid for when worthy. Too much money is made out of churning out crap and saturating every media to sell it. If every band had to rely on their concert attendances to succeed, maybe we'd have musicians in the charts instead of dancers and programmers. If Tom Cruise was paid $200,000 instead of $20 Million maybe he'd live a normal life and avoid the scientology crap (tax-break disguised as religion? You decide)... and if I ever get caught getting free stuff, I'll willingly go to court and say the same, and go to jail for this belief if need be. Damn silly laws when folk have real problems to fix, makes me mad.

Hurrikane

No mater what u say. Thats illegal. No need to say more.

Back