CLD downward price spikes

Someone might be using a shopkeeper and a second ava to accomplish such spikes.
It would be a quite cheap way of market manipulation.

Shop sales don't count for auction history

And MA lets this slide, how nice.

This behavior is the core problem with the decline of this game.

But i guess a quick buck is a quick buck...

Thanks for this waste of forum space.

1k PED was the original price for them as sold by Mindark in "global auction".

Next thing that happened was that resellers sucked them up Before normal players had a chance and relisted them.

1k PED was the original price for them as sold by Mindark in "global auction".

Next thing that happened was that resellers sucked them up Before normal players had a chance and relisted them.

:bs:

This is not how it happened.

Indeed 1k was the origianal launch price at global auction.
But it took quite a while before all were sold, so everybody did have a fair chance in buying them.
After all deeds on globl auction were sold, the CLD price even dropped a little bit below the initial 1k.
But that was for just a short while. And only after that, the prices slowly began to rise.

So your reseller story is BS. :wise:

But it took quite a while before all were sold, so everybody did have a fair chance in buying them.
After all deeds on globl auction were sold, the CLD price even dropped a little bit below the initial 1k.
But that was for just a short while. And only after that, the prices slowly began to rise.

Not complete bullshit.. Many players didnt know what global auction was and only saw the CLD in estates (which were the relisted ones)
Then one "player" bought them all up and you could only buy relisted ones. I bought 20 for 1000 ped, and the other 80 for 1100 ped.

Not complete bullshit.. Many players didnt know what global auction was and only saw the CLD in estates (which were the relisted ones)
Then one "player" bought them all up and you could only buy relisted ones. I bought 20 for 1000 ped, and the other 80 for 1100 ped.

well, it for sure took a long time brefore they were all bought out.
And since the price even dropped below 1k on the estates listing it was far from a resellers buy out when they were launched.

Hell, there was even a lot of scepsis that they would even all sell. Thats why the prices dropped below the 1k even before all were sold.

You're thinking about the AUDs. Those were orginally sold for 50 ped (arkadia NPC), then price was for a long time under 50 (as long as they were sold either in arkadia NPC, or later, in Mindark webshop). My guess is that resellers started to Think that the AUD would deplete as fast as the CLDs so they bought a stock, but then after a few weeks the NPC didn't run out so they had to sell of to have cash for their other businesses.

As for the CLDs, the auction pretty fast ran out of 1-stacks. A few 100 and the odd 1000 stack lasted for some time (as it's tough cashout for normal players).

As long as there were 1stacks in auction, some of us remembered how it was: Auction was normally empty. But MA filled it upp now and then, and the way resellers got them was by camping the auctioneer 24/7.

As a new batch got availible, for 1150 ped when a big buyer sold them back to MA, MA then didn't release them in auction, but (seeing how the previous sale worked) had an NPC in Twin Peaks Selling them one by one to people waiting in line.

As far as I recall the price was never below 1000 ped (except, possibly, the odd case where someone did an auction mistake, you know like Selling 10 for the price of 1). I'm pretty sure that if ther was one in auction for 1000 ped or below, a reseller would snatch it and relist in no time (for "TT"+10 or something).

The thing that CLDs were sold in global auction and noone knew about them, I guess it got well known in game pretty fast (within 24 hour or so) when people started to ask why there CLDs in auction all did cost above 1000 ped.

See following threads:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?220593-More-land-deeds-comming-for-sale (More land deeds comming for sale?)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?220799-Calypso-Land-Deeds-It-had-to-be-said (Calypso Land Deeds - It had to be said)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223947-No-more-CLDs-eh (No more CLDs eh?)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Sniping-Software-picking-off-the-1150Ped-CLDs (Is Auction Sniping Software picking off the 1150Ped CLDs????)

Last edited:
In the end everyone is a reseller...

There are some who bought a weapon a year ago, got tired with it and put it in auction. And, likely, got less for it than he paid for. Or simply bought wrong item (like needed a shinguard but bought a thigguard, and then reposting the thigguard because he already had one), or was going to tier up an item, needed 10 ingots but he had to buy 100 ingots to put 10 ingots, got one back in window and re-posted 91 ingots after tiering was done.

Then there are some who are normal players, but do a bit of trading/reselling to fund their play.

And then we have the third kind: zero skilled avatars who camp auctioneer 24/7, and doing this to withdraw (not to experience any other part of the game or any social interacting).

And a few of 2 and 3 who has alts to gain an advantage in auction (for instance being able to access an auctioneer even when flying in space, have access to more slots than a normal player, do trading on other planets without actually having to fly there). Or (possibly in cooperation with friends) hide it when the reseller is trading with himself in auction.

Unfortunately, we miss the oldtime street traders. Those who bought small amount of loots in places like Twin Peaks and middle of Hadesheim. Most new resellers are lazy, they prefer high markup rare:ish items.

I once got a question by a becoming reseller (long ago) "Hello! Do you have any extractors to sell?". Sure I said and I showed him the ones I had more than say 10 of. then he said "I don't want those, I want" and he counted like 3-4 extractors with 600% markup. I still see his name in auction Selling items.
Well it doesnt' help me. And small amount of rare exrtactors I guess texturizers want to buy at a reasonable price and not like 2x the markup.

Last edited:
well, it for sure took a long time brefore they were all bought out.
And since the price even dropped below 1k on the estates listing it was far from a resellers buy out when they were launched.

Hell, there was even a lot of scepsis that they would even all sell. Thats why the prices dropped below the 1k even before all were sold.

There was one mystery investor that bought $2,500,000 worth of the deeds in one go.

Entropia-Universe-Receives-2-5-Million-Dollars-From-One-Investor-in-Planet-Calypso-Citizenship-System

MA persuaded them to relist some later on. I'm not sure if to this day we know the identity of the buyer / company / MA employee. MA persuaded the buyer to let them buy some back and relist them on auction.

Last edited:
Back