Armor Deterioration Changes

Marco, I read that Phantom Foot Guards cost about tt+2500 to tt +5000 ped. We can expect that Angel and Jaguar etc will go for much more than that. This will mean that existing players with full sets of 'high level' armour could pay between 250 US Dollars and 1000 USD to complete their sets.

For many of your loyal customers this is either unafordable or highly problematic. It is also uncompetitive in relation to other similar RCE games or other competitors.

Will MA ensure that enough foot guards drop (or resources to craft foot guards are found) to allow the market price to drop to an affordable level?

Marco, I read that Phantom Foot Guards cost about tt+2500 to tt +5000 ped. We can expect that Angel and Jaguar etc will go for much more than that. This will mean that existing players with full sets of 'high level' armour could pay between 250 US Dollars and 1000 USD to complete their sets.

For many of your loyal customers this is either unafordable or highly problematic.

Will MA ensure that enough foot guards drop (or resources to craft foot guards are found) to allow the market price to drop to an affordable level?

(pssst. Jaguar went for 2K-3.5K I believe ;) )

I agree with the drop-amount but I feel that is what is happening now. They drop quite well atm, don't they? What I'm more afraid of is that they suddenly will stop dropping again and become extremely rare as the rest of the high level armor - and therefor (as that) rise even more in price!

Ur improvement are crap MA !
The lag is here again, even if people dont equip armor or not, even if we are full graphism or not.
That is not due to graphisme. That is only due to prgramation.
I dont see at all, why u taxe us 2 pecs.
I dont see at all were go this money.
I want to know , as a customer of ur service, were go this money.
I think u need to be more clear about it.
I see nowhere in the EULA, a ligne who forbide players to have infos , legals infos, about where go this money, and the goal of it.

If u need money, ask them directely.

For exemple, u need 180k USD for futur developpements, and u dont have it:
Ask them the truth, say " we put this tax to collect more money, because we need to pay a new programmer team in C++, and we need ur help, dear Entropians, to reach this goal. Of course the economie of EU will be improved and more interesting items will drop."

With the truth, anything can be accepted. When u are shaddy, like now, as u can see, many things CAN'T be accepted.

As u can see, i dont want to distrub the game. I want to Know. I think thats easy. U must listen at the community, cause actualy, with all the lignes writed in this or others forums AGAINST ur management, at least 50 % of ur dear customers must be perm banned, according to ur super new EULA.

Last edited:
Marco.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, I really think you should consider taking the whole "tax" off the chart.

And I will explain how I reason about this.

I don't think any of us are so naive that we don't see through this taxation scheme. You added a completely rediculus tax (which very well can be considered a hidden monthly fee) and then you lower it a bit when the shit hit the fan, expecting us to be satisfied with the scrap from the table.
This was most likely the plan from the start. If there would be a hustle about it, you where going to lower it, if not it would have stayed. A win/win situation - for you, however a loose/loose situation for us.
The reason you've been given for this tax is, that there is too much lag when we change clothes/armor. So in order to prevent this we're being "punished", to keep us from changing that often (aleast not unless you make a buck out of it).
This, of course, won't fix the problem itself or in any way heal the bad code - it's just a way to keep us from overheat an originally bad product - provided by MA as complete and Post Gold.
The true reason for the lag lies in that MA didn't code the game properly in the first place. In other words, they or their consults, didn't do their job right.
What you accepting us to do now, is to pay for a poor job, to pay for a "broken" product in order for it to work, though we of course already payed/paying for it. I.e. you're expecting us to pay twice, for something that doesn't work
In any other situation this would be called humbug, swindle or even scam. What you're in fact doing is the same thing you bann people for. It's not an inch better than the old armor upgrade scam, just presented in a different package.
This is the The Emperor's New Clothes, and you expect us to cheer and admire the emperor marching down the street stark naked, telling him what beautiful clothes he got.
I'm sorry but I won't. I cry out: But...he's naket!

Truthfully Marco, would you accept this deal if your brand new rented car breaks down regularly, or would you demand that you either get a new car, or that the factory/seller take the repair cost? Would you accept being punished with a fee, because they tell you it's your fault that the car wasn't manufactured properly in the factory? Somehow I'd think not, but I don't expect you to answer that.

But I grant you this, it's an excellent try. The combination of implementing a long term small fee (that of course adds up over time) and the silly new armor part, (which is mainly a one time big cost as the rest of the armor parts), is actually a brilliant way of getting a lot of money quick and secure a constant flew over a long period of time - without giving anything back.
What MA basically did is an in game Equity Issuance.

Though, you have to realize that you been caught with your hands in the cookie jar this time.

Someone, in some other thread, said that there's no point negotiating with you. I disagree with that very much. There are better ways of financing the Asian Project than this (because that is what you're doing, right?). Someone here mentioned the implementation of coorperate sponsorship, Nike shoes in the game for exemple. Seems to me it would be an excellent idea. You already have commercials, so that wouldn't meet any hinder in Swedish law either I gather.

What many of us ask is:
Is it fair, that what MA actually is doing now, is to force us to pay a fee for - and this is as truly ironic as utterly absurd - the entropy of the product itself, the game. There are most likely many other ways of financing new investments, and I urge you to consider that you've got a excellent think tank right here - for free.

I personally find it quite ironic that a VU solely made for improvements of clothes and armor (and avatar) actually will result in the decreasing usage of the very same. That alone would be reason enough to open up a serious debate about it.

Edit:
We are your biggest asset by far and the true investors of this game. Please treat us accordingly to that. Furthermore we already save you
an enourmus amount of money, by advertising your product - for free. Something you hardly ever do.

I very much welcome a more open attitude from MA with open arms.

Regards

Pepper.

Last edited:
Sry but for me it is not about the 2 pecs (1 pec or whatever) ....

wohoo i saved 6 pecs because i lost connection and ended up with my armor in storage again and have to equip again ....

wohoo now i have loot/chat/lost connection but i am sure that it is not from someone that is equipping armors clothes at such a high rate that is causing the server to process so many data and cant process my looting....

And guess what now i am paying more when it happens

:rolleyes:

Marco,

Let me put another spin on this tax debacle. Sort of a middle road...

If you travel on a toll road only you are taxed for travelling on that road, not all the road users are taxed because at some point in time they MAY travel on this road.

So, why tax everybody in EU for the possibility that they could be using the shortcut keys to "quickly" don their pieces of armor.

Only tax the people that cause lag by using the quick-keys to equip the armor, but leave the tax for people that uses the old-fashioned way to equip it. That way people have the option to decide if they want to use the quick equip option or not.
Also include the delay option for hotkeys then if it is required, but leave the delay for the normal equip option.

Surely it should be a fairly easy thing to code, without causing additional lag, as this decision is done on the local machine running the EU client.

I think all EU players might find this acceptable, where they have a choice instead of something being FORCED upon them in an unfair fashion.

Personally insulting and rude comments will not be tolerated on EntropiaForum.

While I understand that some members may be quite upset over the recent changes brought by VU 9.0, this is no excuse for immature and needlessly profane or vicious comments which add nothing to the discussion.

Personal attacks, threats or similar against fellow forum members, forum moderators, or MindArk staff have no place on this forum.

Forum Rules said:
Rule # 5
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the admins or moderators. It is important to keep in mind that EntropiaForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior in one country may not be acceptable in another. Common politeness, courtesy and constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

We have strived to be more permissive during the last few days, allowing members a place to make their opinions and feelings known to the community (and hopefully MindArk); however I have noticed an escalation in the level of rudeness and aggressiveness during that time.

Please try to remember that there is a real person with real feelings on the other side of the keyboard, especially when responding to another member's opinion or viewpoint that you may not agree with. Please make an effort to conduct a civil and mature discussion.

Further posts of a rude, needlessly profane or intentionally provoking nature will result in a temporary ban from EntropiaForum, to give those members some time to cool off.

Thanks!

Please try to remember that there is a real person with real feelings on the other side of the keyboard

fair point

but imo MA dont see us as real ppl with real feelings either, if they did then they wouldnt have tried this stealth tax thing. most players feel betrayed, thats not taking our feeling into account

i fear we are seen as real ppl with real wallets, and i dont think MA want to get to know the person :p

anyway lets get back to waiting for marco's answer on the footguards

Hi Marco,

If you bought a new car, drove it around for a few months, and were then suddenly informed that you needed to buy a 5th wheel for the car just to keep it on the road as a card, would you be happy about it ?

This is essentially what we are being asked to swallow with Foot Guards. Why should I pay more on top of the tt+4k I paid a crafter for my Phantom armour ? (I cringe to think of the prices of Shadow/Eon/Angel/Supr etc foot guards).

I have depo'd a lot of cash into EU, more than some, less than others, but the problem I have here is one of confidence and trust. I feel my trust in MA's plan for EU may have been misplaced. At the same time I see no good reason given for the introduction of these foot gaurds. I'm trying not to be cynical here.

Please try and see this from the avatar viewpoint and make a fair and logical response.

Thanks

Last edited:
Well, if the verbal violence grow day after day, its only for one and single reason:

Its because many players, here on the forum, News, mediums and olds, start to wake up of a dream : Mindark dont even to be clear in the tax goal, Mindark dont even listen us (at least its what they show), Mindark dont want any negociations ( at least they wait big player anger to slowely react like : "MA1 : Hey dude, look this amount of whining on Ef ! MA2: Let me finish my coffe first. MA1 : They seems to be a little upset lol ! MA2 : ROFLMAO")

And days after days, the wave getting bigger and bigger.

We need a deap change, and the new EULA (of course im ok with) put MA out of MA lol. If MA do something, its not the MA's fault in clear .

:cussing: BANZAI :cussing:

I feel that due to the huge number of upset people so far that have voiced there opinions, mindark will i hope endevour to sort out or at least make some additional improvements.

its like the pub trade most people do there complaining by walking and not talking, the truth will be in the number of depos over the next few weeks.

role on their end of month statement i do hope it drops.

Hi Marco,

If you bought a new car, drove it around for a few months, and were then suddenly informed that you needed to buy a 5th wheel for the car just to keep it on the road as a card, would you be happy about it ?

This is essentially what we are being asked to swallow with Foot Guards. Why should I pay more on top of the tt+4k I paid a crafter for my Phantom armour ? (I cringe to think of the prices of Shadow/Eon/Angel/Supr etc foot guards).

I have depo'd a lot of cash into EU, more than some, less than others, but the problem I have here is one of confidence and trust. I feel my trust in MA's plan for EU may have been misplaced. At the same time I see no good reason given for the introduction of these foot gaurds. I'm trying not to be cynical here.

Please try and see this from the avatar viewpoint and make a fair and logical response.

Thanks
excellent analogy +rep

MA changed the rules of engagement once to many times.

I read that Phantom Foot Guards cost about tt+2500 to tt +5000 ped.

I'm the seller of this phantom foot guard and just want to explain that:
1- this auction is more to show this foot guard (but hey, if they sell at this price nice ;) )
2- i've set this price because many times in EU, i was having the feeling to sell for less than *cough* resellers *cough* do ... so i was not wanting to sell this foot too low just for seing them bought by a reseller and store in a shop for 200 ped more!

I'll remove this auction and probably make a sell thread here this evening!

MARCO,
taxing armor equiping...hum don't really like it but well why not! 1pec is more a correct price (still 7 pec total but ok)... but decaying L armor was totally unfair so nice to see that removed!
The point i disagree is that :
Armor Deterioration Changes
The 2 PEC deterioration of 'Limited' armor parts when equipping them has been removed. This will encourage the use of this armor type even more.
That's probably right... This could encourage ....
But i believe that's the wrongest way to encourage people using L armor!
Making them cheap is the best way in my view ... that's L items we are talking about so having a huge % on it is a non sense i think!
Lot of L armor are expensive to craft:
- ghost L -> use langotz
- sema (nice robot armor) -> langotz too
- luna (nice looking and good overall protection) -> use flare filter
- orca (nice cold protec) -> so difficult to find cold and ultra cold fabric
Taxing non L armor and not the L one is not the good way to encourage people using L armor ... just my :twocents:

i'm sure better balanced will be introduce to correct that...
but as already state in this thread, different protection type would be nice ... or simply a double durability on L armor give them a real interest!
Having too the ability to create custom armor where we could set the number of protection we want on the dmg type we want could be a good deal too! For example a custom harness BP containing 45 protection points that crafter could put on dmg type he want!

Hope you're holidays were nice and the come back not too difficult ;)
Regards
Getget

Last edited:
We need a deap change, and the new EULA (of course im ok with) put MA out of MA lol. If MA do something, its not the MA's fault in clear .

As far as I can tell, the only change in the EULA dated Oct.16th is the addition of this line:

EULA said:
p. Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.

As far as I can tell, the only change in the EULA dated Oct.16th is the addition of this line:

No gambling, what will the crafters do now :confused:

Yea, i dont read all the EULAs but as i said she must be changed.
At least, they learned about the Linden Lab adventure.

In clear, If im a pizza maker, if u buy one of my pizza and u go to hospital because shes crap, its not my fault.
Read the eula, the thing here with many lignes, posted on my pizza truc.

:scratch2:

Please MA ... this is so simple and you're making it so difficult

This is a joke. I am glad the feedback has been listened to but this just made the foot guard issue even worse. Do we spend 1000's of ped on getting them now while their dropping or wait and see if this is changed too by splitting shins.

Marco - please can you make a statement on whether the feedback on foot guards has been listened to and is 'under review'. Whatever the outcome of the review at least we will know where we stand and whether to go ahead and trade foot guards or wait.

No gambling, what will the crafters do now :confused:

Yea, i dont read all the EULAs but as i said she must be changed.
At least, they learned about the Linden Lab adventure.

In clear, If im a pizza maker, if u buy one of my pizza and u go to hospital because shes crap, its not my fault.
Read the eula, the thing here with many lignes, posted on my pizza truc.

:scratch2:

I was responding to part of Hulyss' post regarding the EULA, which seemed to imply that those changes were somehow related to the topic of discussion in this thread (armor/clothing equipping fee).

I attempted to point out that discussion of the EULA change has nothing to do with this thread.

Please continue discussion of the recent EULA change in the thread below:

Email from MA: new EULA coming

:topic:

Sorry. I vent and melt a bit too much.

According to the new EULA we`ll have to say bye bye to hunting, mining and crafting. Hopefully there will still be some things to do like Beauty profession, Mindforce Teleporter, sweat gatherer, trader, ahh spaceship pilot, landowner, mall owner, but I think that`s about it.

Please try to remember that there is a real person with real feelings on the other side of the keyboard, especially when responding to another member's opinion or viewpoint that you may not agree with. Please make an effort to conduct a civil and mature discussion.

Thanks!

Yeah...the situation has become somewhat infected. And that certainly goes for me too. So I hand out a collective I'm sorry to all that I might have offended. There's no good excuse for that behavior.

1.Welcome back Marco
2.The`ve dropped (as in 9.02) the tax on (L) armors and decreased it for regular ones. Imho community feedback had an important role in this and it`s good to see the gods listening to us mortals ;)
3.Nothing more to add, gonna head back ingame and continue my mining...heopefully less of those VI`s and VII`s :ahh:

This is a joke. I am glad the feedback has been listened to but this just made the foot guard issue even worse. Do we spend 1000's of ped on getting them now while their dropping or wait and see if this is changed too by splitting shins.

Marco - please can you make a statement on whether the feedback on foot guards has been listened to and is 'under review'. Whatever the outcome of the review at least we will know where we stand and whether to go ahead and trade foot guards or wait.

I couldn't agree more Slapnuts +rep

Remember that a lot of hunters were part of the "Wear only your underwear" protest and refused to do anything that caused decay. There was a noticable drop in the number of globals and I think HOF frequecy too over the last week or so.

Thanks to this response (thank you Marco and MA, you get a hug from me ;)) more hunters will, IMHO, get back to work as it were and we will probably see more and more foot guards dropping just becuase the number of mobs looted is going to rise again.

Just my :twocents:

And I am back from my vacation. I didn't think that it would be warmer here than in real life, but I am ready.

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision will be made available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

Can I please have a hug before I get flamed? ,-)

Looks like somebody made some "wrong" decisions while you were away on vacation :p
Never the less, it wasn't necessairy to remove / reduce the decay =).
We need to adapt too.

Good to see MA is working on things!

Hugs and regards,

Rhizosis

3.Nothing more to add, gonna head back ingame and continue my mining...heopefully less of those VI`s and VII`s :ahh:

SCNR, but did you try to type an 'U' there and hit 'I'? :D

thx for listening us Marco and crew :) *hug*

Yes, a quick-fix will come in VU 9.0.2, where the middle mouse button functions as change aim-/cursor-mode. In a future TBD VU we will add customization to mouse buttons, as many mice today has a gazillion buttons.

Will there be an option to keep the scroll wheel push (if that's what you mean by middle button) as-is (ie to change camera view)?

The 2 pec decay on clothes is there for game mechanics as there is no other source of decay to the clothes....

I disagree... it would have been far more easier for the public to accept, if decay on clothes were based like hunting, if your out hunting atrox and it bites part of your master coat, it receives decay, etc. It would have been far more feasible, than having your clothes decay when equipping :rolleyes:...
~~~~~

Whats next, equip your fap=tax, your furniture will start decaying so tax it, equipping tax for your gun, tax this, tax that, (L)(L) Entropia Universe (Double LL for Laggy and Limited). MA will keep on pushing players buttons and try to squeeze every pec out of players, as long as there are players *coughs* suckers *coughs*, willing to pay for it, it won't matter....

Anywho, doesn't matter to me anymore but I think it's hilarious though, lets bring the tax down to 1 pec lol, Im pretty sure this was all so predictable, thanks for the expensive savings account MindArk, I'll be looking forward to my check in the next few months :wtg:

Last edited:
We're past the half way point of today so please please post on the foot guard issue this afternoon so we at least know what we're up against. The thought that my armour collection which was an absolute bitch to loot/collect is to be left out to dry is really playing on my mind.

With Phantom fg's the price they are how much are Ghoul going to set us back? How much will Vigi fg's cost?

Ubers in Angel or above I really feel for you atm.

PoE owners will get theirs I bet as it has been pointed out they probably are the biggest investors.

Just don't give PoE away and leave the rest of us in the dark battling re-sellers for an over inflated armour part.

soundboy

Back