Land Grab 2008 Update

Thought the LG warm-up was the "go" "nogo" decision....? very very poor MA :rolleyes:

Absolutely gutted !

How can you leave it for 2 hrs before event to cancel.

If you were one of my RL suppliers MA you would now be somewhere orbiting pluto !!!

Really disappointed :mad:

Wise decision considering all the problems in-game yesterday but this could've been announced yesterday when all the problems really started kicking in not 1 1/2 hours before :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]IqbasLbTS-U[/YOUTUBE]

Skalman has Headache :scratch2:

:laugh:

thanks for that Sahel :)

ahhh the lg :D

way to go MA, thank you.

Epic Fail

Days taken off.. Money spent.. Plans made.. Plans changed because MA decides to change a rul.. Plans changed again because MA decides to change another rule..

I understand it may be the best choice given the situation with the servers yesterday.. but I have to ask.. WTF was MA doing yesterday? I don't really believe problems just suddenly started on their own.

I see all these people complaining?

WHY FFS?

We have all seen that the servers are going up and down like a whore's draws for the last few days.

It's quite clear that MA have a technical issue of some sort.
For all we know the local power company blew a substation, and MA's offices power supply is fluctuating, causing their surge protectors to keep kicking in, and cutting the power..

You can bet the complaints would be far louder if I claimed a LA, and then the whole system crashed and I won the LA for my Soc without a shot ever being fired.

I think MA deserve far more respect then they are getting for doing this.
Yes, it's not convenient, but it is far better than going ahead regardless, and then having the whole event turn into a fiasco. (Which we all know has happened in the past!)

At least MA have had the balls to admit it's not going right.

Last edited:
I guess neo can fly back home now.:D

Yea, I guess that conspiracy theory was spot on.

I'm pretty disappointed, as are most others who have spent the last week preparing and planning for LG.

At the same time, considering how flaky the servers have been the last 2 days, it's probably better to postpone it, if necessary, than having a totally laggy and frustrating LG, that would cost us all more in decay, bugs, D/C etc.

Hopefully MA gets the servers back into the shape they were for the test phase, and the LG is rescheduled very soon.

lol

18 months planning, 90 min notice. rofl

couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery

Very, very sorry about this everybody, but it was the best call to make given the situation. The servers aren't doing well. Our people are working on it and I hope we'll have an update next week.

We understand your frustration and really appreciate your patience with this.

Ok, thanks.

Realizing there is a problem, and preventing a huge event from failing was the only true route to go. Last Land Grab went well except for the server reset (should be a 5 min grace period there) but I think it was the best call for all involved. Thanks Frank!

Any chance those that claimed land can keep it until a month before the next LG instead of six months? A lot of societies missed out on taxes and the lands went to doodi for a very long time :(

ma is saying , go back to work spend the money u deposited for this LG wait a week or so deposite the same amout or a bit more and then waste it to get a LG that either ck or some other uber soc dosnt need

This was a very difficult decision to make. Given the current situation at hand where the stability is unacceptable, starting the Land Grab would have been a lot worse than postponing it. The MA development team has been at the office and the investigation is ongoing. The stability deterioated last night and we have had people on it since then. Both software and hardware is being checked - right now the situation appears to be hardware related. I fully understand and share the huge disappointment by this decision, but we just couldn't commence the land grab given the circumstances, it would have been plain irresponsible to do that. We apologize profoundly.

I am pretty annoyed at the short notice, alot of preparation is taken by socs for LG. I feel sorry for the guys that had to take a day off for this event.

That said, if LG went ahead and was plagued with problems, there would be a huge uproar to follow. Postponing was the best course of action, its just the notice was abit... shit.

Understanding this would be a shitty event once more, this is the best thing to do, cancel it for now...

Well then you got time to change some stuff for the next round, review your rules, take a look to that 5 minutes death penality, like the less you're close to the claim the less you have to way to revive or something...

AND PLEASE BUY SOME DECENT SERVER !!!

The cancellation of the LG does not really affect me in any way but the circumstances surrounding it, together with some of the other actions of recent times, suggest to me that all is not well at Jarntorget 8, SE 413 04 Gothenburg and that Mindark seems to be a company in disarray. :scratch:

Not only do they need to appoint someone who is adept in customer relations, I now suspect they need an experienced project planner as well.

*cough* 9.2.4 *cough*
Was going to mention this myself. Havnt the server problems only got worse since 9.2.4 was introduced? Or is that just coincidental?

Remove 9.2.4 and we have working servers again, job sorted.

Apparantly the new server-hamster did not quite meet the strict MA standards required for holding a landgrab.

...rumour has it it ate Marco too.

Very, very sorry about this everybody, but it was the best call to make given the situation. The servers aren't doing well. Our people are working on it and I hope we'll have an update next week.

We understand your frustration and really appreciate your patience with this.

Ok, thanks.

An update next week? How about hourly updates on what is actually happening. That is what a proper company would do...

PLEASE PPL, ASK YOURSELF NOW:
is it better that MA postponed LandGrab OR IT WOULD BE BETTER TO ORGANIZE LANDGRAB WITH UNSTABLE SERVERS?!

I am happy about MA decision and would like to hug one of them (Marco or Frank...or some "support chicks lol"), the best decision is to cancel todays landgrab :) + rep

and please...servers are sensitive thing, If you will work or ever worked with servers...you will know and understand

Suggestion : seeing as so many ppl have taken time off work etc, maybe ma could spawn a few event mobs so at least the day isnt a total fail. some server issues wouldnt affect that as badly

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, wait, it's not April 1 yet, is it?

Was going to mention this myself. Havnt the server problems only got worse since 9.2.4 was introduced? Or is that just coincidental?

Remove 9.2.4 and we have working servers again, job sorted.

9.2.4 was the first suspect, but it has nothing to do with the current situation, regretfully.

Suggestion : seeing as so many ppl have taken time off work etc, maybe ma could spawn a few event mobs so at least the day isnt a total fail. some server issues wouldnt affect that as badly

A fine idea LT, perhaps spawn them in various locations to spread out the stress on the servers as well.

Would be fun to take out our frustration over the postponement on some evil Warlocks...

Back