Land Grab 2008 Update

Yes, we had a possible solution we applied to the system, but when it failed to fix the problems we couldn't proceed. And that was about 90 minutes before LG was expected to start. We really hoped the solution would be the correct cure and that LG could start as expected at 18.00. That is why the time between expected launch and info about postponement were short.

np for me and probably most players in EU ;) go to have some rest, tomorrrow is another day (oh it's sunday :yay:)

I'm sure you guys will fix that problem!
I know there are sometimes unexpected issues like that so don't drive crazy... take it easy.

Yes, we had a possible solution we applied to the system, but when it failed to fix the problems we couldn't proceed. And that was about 90 minutes before LG was expected to start. We really hoped the solution would be the correct cure and that LG could start as expected at 18.00. That is why the time between expected launch and info about postponement were short.

So basically you crossed your fingers and hoped everything would go ok, letting people rearrange their RL. They didn't know anything about this chance.

Next time be a sport and communicate this in advance.

So basically you crossed your fingers and hoped everything would go ok, letting people rearrange their RL. They didn't know anything about this chance.

Next time be a sport and communicate this in advance.

what if your house suddenly burn? are you able to communicate this in advance to your assurance also? no offence really but imo they try to do the best as they may ;)

what if your house suddenly burn? are you able to communicate this in advance to your assurance also? no offence really but imo they try to do the best as they may ;)

I wouldn't classify the deterioration of game stability (at least as i experienced it over the last year) as suddenly.

Sorry, there is a long way to go for MindArk: stability, gameplay, balancing, customer satisfaction - plenty of room for improvements there.

I hope these issues are addressed at some point, hopefully in a way more successfull as it was handled in the last time.

I better go now and prepare for the next nerfs and taxes.

Tussi

Murphy Law ?

As Eto said never forget Murphy's law :D
Anyway you did the right thing to postpone it and keep us informed here so get a +rep from me ;)

saw a lot of firsts in the last day orso

its the first time i have seen ma admitt the servers wernt up to the job, its the first time i have seen ma staff here on the forums when the shit hit the fan

i will criticise ma for a lot of stuff, but coming here and fessing up to the problems is not one of them. In fact i have long been asking for some straight comunication, and i actualy feel we got that here.

So imo i will support MA when they come here and tell us the truth and look to work with us to solve problems. Thats exactly what we have been asking for.

sure the event was a but lastminute.com, but i think we all understand the circumstances behind it. and I for one cerainly appreciate the effort MA put in to make sure that it wasnt a total waste...

I much prefer the honest direct approach instead of the marketing spin approach... and i hope that if most of the community support MA over this then we can all benefit from some improved communication in teh future

so imo, its well done MA

Sad but right choice!

Tough but right choice to make MA given the instability of the past day or so. It would have been much worse running it as it's been. It looks to me like you worked up to the last minute trying to fix it before cancelling.

It was painfully obvious there was a major problem going on. Would have been better if MA had mentioned something in forum yesterday about the problem and that they were working on it.

Communication.. communication.. communication.. it's a good thing ;)
I agree! And Comunication is the most important thing imo!;)

its the first time i have seen ma admitt the servers wernt up to the job, its the first time i have seen ma staff here on the forums when the shit hit the fan

i will criticise ma for a lot of stuff, but coming here and fessing up to the problems is not one of them. In fact i have long been asking for some straight comunication, and i actualy feel we got that here.

So imo i will support MA when they come here and tell us the truth and look to work with us to solve problems. Thats exactly what we have been asking for.

sure the event was a but lastminute.com, but i think we all understand the circumstances behind it. and I for one cerainly appreciate the effort MA put in to make sure that it wasnt a total waste...

I much prefer the honest direct approach instead of the marketing spin approach... and i hope that if most of the community support MA over this then we can all benefit from some improved communication in teh future

so imo, its well done MA
Yea im with u here LT! More and better comunications is allways good!

U beat me to it Etopia ;)

np for me and probably most players in EU ;) go to have some rest, tomorrrow is another day (oh it's sunday :yay:)

I'm sure you guys will fix that problem!
I know there are sometimes unexpected issues like that so don't drive crazy... take it easy.

No prob for me either!
As my fav song goes! Allways look on the bright side of life!:rolleyes:

Well seeing that I turned down a day of 10 hours overtime...........Cost me another 400 US thats 4 k peds and the 5k ped deposit....

I know it must have been very hard to cancel LG.....It just hurts my ped card and bank account got me pretty pissed off...

That was a choice you made - has nothing to do with MA. The choices made and not made have far reaching consequences my friend.

That was a choice you made - has nothing to do with MA. The choices made and not made have far reaching consequences my friend.

Xander Catman, what are you proud of? There's a "pride" flag in your signature.

so imo, its well done MA

I have to agree, even though I was not involved in the LG, I'm glad MA was honest with us.

Xander Catman, what are you proud of? There's a "pride" flag in your signature.

I am proud of many things. You are familiar with the pride flag so you must also know its meaning. :smirk:

omg omg i'm bored :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back