Abuse of PvP Game Mechanics

LetumLatro

Provider
Society
DDX
Letum Mr Latro
Hi here is a letter I have sent to MA about the Abuse of PvP Game Mechanics in Entropia Universe (EU). Feel free to post your views and other abuses you have seen in PvP areas so that MA can fix them and then I will post this thread to support. Then PvP can be made fun and fair restoring it back to the great PvP that was once here in EU. :yay:

Thank You
Letum

Hi I would like to inform your company Mindark about abuse of PvP game mechanics in Entropia Universe (EU).

1. Avatars should not be able to shoot and kill themselves in PvP in EU to avoid being player killed (PK). If shooting and killing yourself should remain in game then avatars should drop all stackable items on the ground in PvP to put a stop to this abuse in PvP taking advantage of the PvP game mechanics in EU.

2. Items other than stackable items that have been looted in PvP should drop in PvP (ie.) SK 20, Minor TP Chips etc... until the avatar is in a safe zone. Why should miners and hunters be able to loot the wealth from pvp areas without any risk to them and their loot?

3. Avatars should drop all stackable loot and looted items acquired in PvP areas on the ground in PvP when killed by a mob or player in PvP areas. This will put a stop to avatars running to mobs to die or using a mob for protection abusing the mobs main rule to kill players and not to help players avoid being looted in PvP areas by other players.

4. Avatars should drop all loot if below 50% health to put an end to avatars abusing pvp game mechanics by using the health bar to avoid being looted in PvP areas when mining or hunting. Note: Miners TP into zone under 50% health to extract valuables ores and matter without worrying about being looted.

Please take note that Pkers spend a lot of time and money in game to add to the fun role of hunting down and killing and looting avatars in EU. PKers spend a lot of money doing so and need Loot to survive in PvP areas. Letting miners and hunters come into PvP areas without risk by using the game to abuse PvP mechanics is unfair to hard working PKers that devote their time to make PvP areas fun. Please repair the loop holes in PvP so that PKers can have a fair advantage.

Thank You
Letum Mr Latro

If those changes were to happen, how many people do you think would come to the zone for you to loot?

Fair advantage? LOL If you find it too hard in PVP maybe your just not skilled enough to play it?

I dont think he finds it too hard. Just unfair if someone thought of a way to avoid losing everything before he did

2. Items other than stackable items that have been looted in PvP should drop in PvP (ie.) SK 20, Minor TP Chips etc... until the avatar is in a safe zone. Why should miners and hunters be able to loot the wealth from pvp areas without any risk to them and their loot?

:laugh: yea then i wait for some uber with his ubertoys battling with other ubers and shoot him when he got low hp and get all his uberstuff ... :rolleyes:

dude u are kinda stupid but well ... made me laugh

Yep if those changes happened, pvp3 & 4 would be deserted.

If those changes are made you would not see me in pvp again. So the money you have invested will not kill or loot me again. I know the current risk I take mining there and have been killed and looted and I have manged to escape so IMO dont change anything.

So in other words, you want hunters and miners to avoid entering lootable PVP areas all together?

Dear Participant

We welcome feedback from our playerbase and your suggestions have been forwarded to the design team.

Regards - Entropia Support

picture.php

Last edited:
I don't ever go to pvp lootable zones*, but what your suggesting would take any hope/chance of anyone being successful there, other than pk looters...who on Calypso would dare go in then? Reading about the ability to 'save yourself' in a pvp zone to save your loot is a great idea IMO. Then theres the risk of losing it all. Sounds fair enough to me.

*(perhaps because I tried once just to try...packing all my loot- sad to say, but over 250ped in animal loot and mining ores...then a green dot....no problem, I'm just going to run back out. HOLY CRAP!!!! :eek: HE'S FAST!!!! Before I have time to panic, he's shooting me with a BLP gun well out of my range and I'm dead. EVERYTHING GONE :()

How do you kill yourself in PVP? Is it by using a rocket launcher - just curious:)

1. Avatars should not be able to shoot and kill themselves in PvP in EU to avoid being player killed (PK). If shooting and killing yourself should remain in game then avatars should drop all stackable items on the ground in PvP to put a stop to this abuse in PvP taking advantage of the PvP game mechanics in EU.

Ideally this shoot-yourself 'bug' should just be fixed. Your solution could lead to someone accidentally lag shooting themselves in PvP and losing all their items as a result, which would be equally unfair.

I think the mobs in PvP4 drop these items in order to encourage hunters to give PvP4 a try. If they were lootable all that would happen is even less people would hunt in PvP4 than do even now.

3. Avatars should drop all stackable loot and looted items acquired in PvP areas on the ground in PvP when killed by a mob or player in PvP areas. This will put a stop to avatars running to mobs to die or using a mob for protection abusing the mobs main rule to kill players and not to help players avoid being looted in PvP areas by other players.

I see suiciding on mob as a legal tactic in PvP. Its far from a sure thing anyway. Again dropping stackable loot would thus also apply to avatars dieing to a crit whilst hunting there, so this would again just reduce the number of people hunting in PvP4 to pretty much 0.

4. Avatars should drop all loot if below 50% health to put an end to avatars abusing pvp game mechanics by using the health bar to avoid being looted in PvP areas when mining or hunting. Note: Miners TP into zone under 50% health to extract valuables ores and matter without worrying about being looted.

A better solution would be to simply remove the 50% rule and award kill on killshot. But again, without a reliable way to get big HoFs out of the ground with some degree of safety, I think there'd just be less miners appearing in PvP.

Basically I think all of your changes would result in there being less loot for Pkers in PvP not more.

Dear Participant

We welcome feedback from out playerbase and your suggestions have been forwarded to the design team.

Regards - Entropia Support

Ah, explains a lot. I always figured you were secretly Entropia Support. :D

I dont see any of these as cheating and if theres no chance to escape but to fight, there wont be any low lvls that dare enter.

I would vote they just make the next pvp fully lootable, armor, weapons, the kitchen sink. Put a mob in there that globals every time you kill it and watch how the ubers tear each other into nothing in full out societies hunting each other.

I like PVP just the way it is. It's fair for miners, hunters and pkers. The only thing that could be fixed is the fap yourself kill yourself bug. But you should still be able to kill yourself with rockets. Keep in mind, if you kill yourself you lose your shot.

I thought this was pretty funny until I realized the OP wasn't joking.
It's a shame that he has depo'd so much into the game to make pvp fun for himself , and the damned nasty miners and hunters are ruining it for him.

I am sure there are dozens of Games out there where you can find these exciting rules and have fun.

(Un)fortunatelly, here it is a Virtual Universe with Real Cash Economy, which objective is clearly not PvP.

;)

you know you should have added a "fear factor" when a green dot with more skills and more weapons comes on the screen our avatars should get all scared and just stand there frozen with fear waiting for you to come kill and loot them.. that would give you a great fair advantage too eh?

(note: dry sarcasm)

only thing i can agree with you on is the 50 % hp rule sucks , they should just get rid of it all together

the rest of the proposals would mean fiewer people in the pvp aria

I think maybe they should go a stage further and introduce a RL PvP, send everyone in the woods with everything they own and AK-47's. Of course revival terminals would be a problem, but fast response medical units are real good these days. :silly2:

Seriously though PvP is tough as it is, and if those suggestions were implimented PvP would be a very very lonely place.

Even with these suggestions, it still seems a little one-sided. Maybe you could add the following...

5) TP chips no longer work due to concentration being disturbed by toxic environment.

6) Side-effects from inoculation shot cause all players to swell up to twice their normal size and move at half their normal speed.

7) All player items are lootable. Get PKd and you wake up in PA wearing your noob suit.

I really hate to see the poor PKers go home broke.

Maybe the best rule of all would be-

1) Do away with all lootable PVP areas and end the sniveling once and for all.

It doesn't surprise me that requests like this exist.

A hunter goes in and spends 100 PED to kill 40 - 50 mobs and scratches together a little loot. A PvP'er goes in and spends 2 PED to kill that hunter to get the same loot.

You can read this in several ways. If you believe I have anything against PvP in general, you read it wrong. I am not talking about the ava's, but the roles they play while in the PvP4 area. Simply put, the risk factors are different. The activity itself (Hunting/Mining/PvP) is fundamentally different from a risk perspective. As the mobs give less loot, the risk/reward tends to edge upward (even more) in favor of the PvP activity over the other activities.

So when the lure of easy money becomes a pipe dream and reality sets in that it isn't quite as easy as it seems it *should* be (to them), there are always people that would like to recommend changes that would even further swing the advantage in their favor.

I happen to believe the advantage is already disproportionate enough though. Perhaps the PvP'er should only loot a fraction of the loot instead of it all. From a "fairness" perspective (only because the OP seems to think this is part of their argument), why should the PvP'er get everything collected from an entire series of hunts when he only hunted one "mob"? The answer is there of course -- because they can be the hunted as well. However, again it's not about the ava but the activity. They are only hunted when the role of PvP is applied to the other person, in a hunt, it's not all or nothing but in a PvP it is. This is only a philosophical issue, but the existing rules are good for the same reason that the hunter inside PvP is always a potential PvP'er -- the OP could also use these same tactics, and that is the bottom line here.

LoL

that's a funny one. LOL.
maybe they'll make a pvp5 just for you.
How do you think they are going to determine that I should drop the sk20 that I just looted and leave me all the other stuff in my inventory such as chips, guns, miners,etc.

I think maybe they should go a stage further and introduce a RL PvP, send everyone in the woods with everything they own and AK-47's. Of course revival terminals would be a problem, but fast response medical units are real good these days. :silly2:

Seriously though PvP is tough as it is, and if those suggestions were implimented PvP would be a very very lonely place.

PAINTBALL -- fewest welts wins the loot! :yay:

Basically I think all of your changes would result in there being less loot for Pkers in PvP not more.

I like the ideas for the most part. Being fair always is good. If you fear the absence of people going to pvp because of it, then you just up the goods found in it.

I am a miner and I think it's too easy right now. I have had a number of globals in their and have been looted only once. And that was when I only had like 3 ped of stuff on me.

So far, the risk is easily low enough to take the chance. If it got too difficult, of course, I wouldn't go. But if you increase what could be gained inside more, well, then it would be difficult to stay out.

And the ideas presented could be tweaked some.

For instance, instead of dropping all loot, put in a chance to drop the loot. You could adjust the possibility of that chance to make it worth while.

It all can be balanced. The ideas aren't bad. They might need a little modifying to please most everyone but it could be done so that things are more fair.

Problem: The miners found a way to get away from the pk'ers.
Solutions: The pk'ers find a way to get the miners.

I hardly ever go into lootable PvP anyway. With any of your rules implented you will not see me near it ever again.

:rolleyes::handgun::rolleyes:

Even with these suggestions, it still seems a little one-sided. Maybe you could add the following...

5) TP chips no longer work due to concentration being disturbed by toxic environment.

6) Side-effects from inoculation shot cause all players to swell up to twice their normal size and move at half their normal speed.

7) All player items are lootable. Get PKd and you wake up in PA wearing your noob suit.

I really hate to see the poor PKers go home broke.

Maybe the best rule of all would be-

1) Do away with all lootable PVP areas and end the sniveling once and for all.

U forgot one

8) All player skills are lootable. Get killed and start over :wtg:

lol. noone, and i include most PvPers, is going to go into PvP if they risk losing their equipment, with armour, ML35, Tangos etc gone, cant PvP again. miners would never step foot in pvp no matter what the riches were if they risked their mining tools. you bascially just made a playground for about a half dozen high skilled/equipped avatars to gamble russian roulette style, or a very large ring for tt equiped PvPers.

Back