Help: CP Spawn/Event Suggestions Thread

Ppl dont read the first post...

Dome 3 and 4 cant be mixed ;)

Dome 1 = Aurli + Krelt DNA's (4 aurli dna atm, will be fixed)
Dome 2 = Aurli + Krelt DNA's (2 aurli 2 krelt)
Dome 3 = Krelt 5 DNA's
Dome 4 = Aurli 5 DNA's

IMy oppinion:

Dome1 = Big Aurli + Krelt
Dome2 = Med Aurli + Krelt
Dome3 = Small Krelt
Dome4 = Small Aurli

Last edited:
D1 Aurli Queens + Kreltin Youngs
D2 Kreltin Stalkers + Aurli weak
D3 Kreltin youngs
D4 Aurli weak

Hey all, thx for all the posts so far.

Just to clear a few things up. The DNA's mentioned in the first post, can't be switched around. We can change the numbers and maturities but not move DNA's from the various domes.

But in order to switch so many DNA's I want to find a good balance which fits many levels of hunters, it takes a lot of fertilizer to make changes, so finding a nice balance that could be the new "normal" for CP is what I'm looking for. We can always tweak it in the future, but just a new baseline, similar to how CP used to be. But with a few improvements such as having Krelt Stalkers, and Aurli Queens.

I am also a little hesitant to make a dome with both of those big mobs. But I wonder if Dome 1, were to have Aurli Majestic/Queens... then Maybe 1 DNA of Kreltin Stalkers? so most of the mobs would be just like a super big aurli dome, but with a handful of big krelt in there to keep it spicy :)

And it seems everyone loves the idea to have dome 3 with all smaller krelts, I very good skilling ground for all I think.

So I am gunna try putting down Dome 3 settings, and take it one step at a time. :)

Keep the posts coming!

I'm sure whatever happens I'll enjoy it.
Depending on the % tax of coarse :)

Dome 1: Medium sized Aurli and Medium sized Kreltins
Dome 2: Tiny sized Kreltins and Tiny sized Aurli
Dome 3: HUGE Kreltins
Dome 4: HUGE Aurli

imo

Dome 1 = All min maturity/max numbers
Dome 2 = 2 x Aurli at mid maturity/max numbers
2 x Krelt at min maturity/min numbers
Dome 3 = Medium Kreltins Old-Guard
Dome 4 = Big Aurlis, lots of majestics and queens

although we loved to hunt in dome3 at the bigger kreltins,it was usually not very busy in there,sometimes we were only hunters in the dome,

i think dome 3 only small kreltins is MUCH MUCH better for you regarding taxincome,
grinders would love it

Since dome 1 is so popular, just make 2:

Dome 1: Smallest Aurli and Kreltins

Dome 2: Smallest Aurli and Kreltins (possibly 1 tick above smallest)

Dome 3: Big Kreltins (1 or 2 ticks below max)

Dome 4: Big Aurli (1 or 2 ticks below max)

That way the big mobs arnt mixed with anything. Mixing big mobs with smaller mobs would be the worst thing you could do. Also, when CP is really busy, there are two domes for normal level people to solo/small team in. The midlevel grinders are going to be your biggest income there so give them plenty of space.

Since dome 1 is so popular, just make 2:

Dome 1: Smallest Aurli and Kreltins

Dome 2: Smallest Aurli and Kreltins (possibly 1 tick above smallest)

Dome 3: Big Kreltins (1 or 2 ticks below max)

Dome 4: Big Aurli (1 or 2 ticks below max)

That way the big mobs arnt mixed with anything. Mixing big mobs with smaller mobs would be the worst thing you could do. Also, when CP is really busy, there are two domes for normal level people to solo/small team in. The midlevel grinders are going to be your biggest income there so give them plenty of space.

You have to think about event domes where players and buzz himself can hold events and having dome 3 and 4 for events of a single mob , also great for a skilling field too, whereas dome 1 and 2 are pretty straightforward and have vantage points so you can see most mobs in your range so you can camp and pick out your mob, so buzz has chosen wisely and with 5 DNAs in dome 4 and 3 would be ideal for events and also grinding aurli(4) and kreltin(3) in max numbers and no maturity and maybe 1 dna in dome 3 with a level 2 maturity.

My proposal (Make CP better - hope you like it buzz) - Red Dots are potential vantage/camping spots

Note also that the domes layout - In dome 1 you have a little hill on the right and a bigger hill on the left - good vantage points for pulling a queen, majestic, chaser off the elevation , as well as a kreltin prowler or stalker. Its perfect hunting ground for uber hunting and team hunting, only drawback (and thats MAs fault) is the extremely poor AI of the mobs.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Dome 2 - with twin peaks but the mob spawn mainly concentrated between those 2 peaks, and a mountain to the right of the tp, but other than that mainly flat, so have a look at the landscape , it has great vantage points for the medium hunter and also room for many people to camp areas, this dome is great for kreltin provider-alpha, as well as aurli soldiers to devastators, you can see for miles and know what mob is coming for you ! so better for medium mobs .

Dome 3 - Is excellent for little kreltins and events because elevations everywhere, and if you grind dome 1 normally and dont know what is coming for you -

Same with dome 4 with a big hills and cliffs giving players a chance to just sit one area in an event and the mobs come for you, so recommended for the new little aurli dome.

And also mob spawns are not concentrated in these domes DNA habitats go right down the center of dome 4 and dome 3 on the right hill are the main habitats. Not like dome 1 where the habitats are all on the elevation and in dome 2 habitats are on the plateau behind the twin peaks and also between the base of the 2 mountains in the center.

Just some more insight on balancing mobs to their environment to suit different range of hunters.

Agis

Last edited by a moderator:
Current Settings:
Dome 1 = 4 DNA's of all small aurlis
Dome 2 = 2 Aurli 2 Krelt medium sized
Dome 3 = Small Krelts! (need more fert to change it further)
Dome 4 = Big Aurlis, lots of majestics and queens

I think this way atm is best.

the only one you will have to switch is the D2, where u can choose if u make them BIG AURLI+BIG KRELTIN or simply a bit harder than D1.

personally i prefer hunting kreltin only or aurli only so D1 and D3 are very nice. And also pretty nice for event based dome.

D4 is good for ubers. With time they might ask u to make them smaller like before strong->majesctic? no idea...

D2, nice as is already, a good mix for anyone wanting a nice mix and cant fix is mind on D1 or D3 ;)

I would suggest the following:

1 dome to be uber, mix of big ass Aurli & kreltins (a few Keltins only)
1 dome with medium mix of Aurlis & kreltins maby up to strong/alphas.
1 dome with all small aurlis
1 dome with all small kreltins

imo this would be a perfect setup, gl with whatever u decide ;)

edit: Oh and ofc, the more red dots the better :handgun:

Last edited:
was for short run on CP and taking a look :)

First i was looking for the fertilizer station which i not found..well...

try'd dome 3 .....kreltin young,mature and old,what i didnt expect was a crit from a stalker behind me :D thats a worse mix ,if u expect only smal ones and get suprised by a few big ones :bs:

try'd dome 4 ..... was expecting aurli Queens and Majestic,but had to kill 10 Hunter,Devastator even Ravager to reach one Queen :rolleyes:

All i say ,i am back on Calypso again :wtg:

Ya still waiting to get the Krelt DNA for Dome 1, to make the uber dome, to test it out.

So in the meantime had to keep D4 with big aurlis, since D1 has small ones. And D3 will be all small krelts, but didn't have enough fert yet to get rid of the big stalkers :p there is only 2-3 that spawn at a time.

So it will still be a few days til can get the spawns set a bit better.

But on Saturday I hope to have some fun events. :yay:

Would people like "most loot"? or "highest single loot"?

Id say highest loot, make it winable for anyone, ubers still have the best chance, but anyone got a chance.

Id say highest loot, make it winable for anyone, ubers still have the best chance, but anyone got a chance.

Ubers dont have the best chance if u kill regeneration mobs;)
Just take a slow weapon and the mob has enough time to regenerate,the more regeneration u have the more loot u will have in a single loot ;)

but dont matter what rulez u will set,u will scare any party of them :)

I checked out CP last night... My thoughts.

D1 - I know this dome is in a bit of flux since MA screwed up the dna on you. I didn't really enjoy hunting in it last night, but it might not be anything you could fix. The spawn was fairly dense (in spots) and it seemed like no matter what I did I ended up with 4-10 aurli on me. A lot of this had to do with other people in the dome, and MA's crappy AI, but I don't know, it seemed worse than before.

D2 - I didn't go in and I'll tell you why. The average person needs better armor than gremlin to kill Aurli's bigger than Soldier (bigger than watcher even for lots of people). The average person will die if they don't wear gremlin against kreltins bigger than old. I think the only people who could easily hunt a mix of mid level aurli+kreltin are people with PoE (all 20 of them) or ubers that can just absorb the big hits they will get having the wrong armor for 1 of the mobs.

D3 - I also didn't go in, but I never really went in to D3 much before. Not a huge kreltin fan.. I do however think if D3 is dense it will be really hard to handle. Kreltins hit a lot, they are very aggro, and even in gremlin they do pretty decent damage.

D4 - Lol. That about covers it. Even the 1 or 2 people that have been whining that they want a dome full of majestics and queens (*COUGH*skippie*COUGH*) will no doubt lose interest quickly in this dome. I have even heard complaints from several people in AoW that it is ridiculous. I don't see how a dome that 99.99% of people can't hunt in would be sustainable.

Honestly, I know you just spent 1/3 of a million dollars on CP, and probably were raring to start playing with your new toy, but I don't see why you didn't leave everything as is for a month to get a bit of a baseline, seem slike it would have been smart to me.

Anyway, good luck with CP, I'm sure with some trial and error you will get settings that work for the vast majority of people, really you'll have to to make your investment worthwhile.

Just wondering what u are doing with the shopping booths Buzz, if you can keep them stocked with a range of weapons at a reasonable markup to save the auction fees ( I assume the auction fee is still there) I would prob never go down.

I just got sick of paing the fee everytime I needed a new gun and came back planet side.

My vote would go for:
Dome 1: Small Aurlis (perhaps stay the way it is).
Dome 2: Small Kreltins only.
Dome 3: Medium Aurlis and medium Kreltins.
Dome 4: Max maturity Aurlis.

All domes at max spawn :)

And of course, win rule for events should be highest single loot as that would be most fair to the lower skilled players. I think there are more people that are unable to compete against uber DPS weapon than there are people complaining about having highest single loot :)
Personally I have never prticipated in a most loot event due to uber weapon DPS capability.

I would prefer a setup of:
one dome with small krelt
one dome with small aurli
one dome with big krelt and the extra aurli dna set to min spawn min maturity
one dome with big aurli and the extra krelt dna set to min spawn and maturity.

I prefer to hunt one mob at the time, so this would fit me the best.
Single mob domes would also make it posible for a team of semi noobs (like me) to go and do some killing in the higher domes too.

For event setup, highest single loot is what I would prefer at a place like CP, but maby stretch the events out to run for 2 hours instead of one hour. Especially in a highest loot event, anyone can still win even on the last kill of the event, so this could keep people interested in the event during the whole time, so more tax, bigger prices, attract more people.

GL with your new "toy" Buzz.

I like the idea of splitting up the small Aurli and Kretlin. Don't quite care too much about other domes, will be a few years before I can hit them up.

If you get time one day down the track can you negotiate with FPC/MA whoever's chain you need to pull these days to get some easy transport organised Planetside to CP & back.

Something along the lines of premium 'paid fee' teleportation service with a dedicated TP on Calypso straight to CP.

The flight services are just too disfunctional for UTC+10 Aussie players and would likely be a "forget about it scenario" with having to stuff around getting there and back ondemand with relative ease - Especially for events.

Something to ensure your revenue potential to recoupe your investment is not hindered by systems that do not work and have not worked for a long time now (2.5 or more years) effectively for many of the medium budget players and/or
off-peak MA UTC timezone players.

Not that you wouldn't expect such a 'fee free' Teleportor to be installed for free for your customers to use after paying them a whopping 1/3rd of million USD for the place. ;)

Thanks in Advance

PS. Mining addition one day for those who do it as an interleave between hunting mobs would be nice too, but let us take this one step at a time. The above simple request first to see if you can get anywhere with it first.

Last edited:
My suggestion:

Keep the species seperate, this will give the hunters a change to make perfect armor setups incl plates for acid only and the aurli dmg types.

For instance Gremlin and 2E/6C

In my eyes the ideal DNA setup would be:

Dome 1 Small (youngs) Kreltins only (dissable the aurli spawn or at least as minimal as possible)
Dome 2 Small Aurli's (weak) only (same as above only the other way around)
Dome 3 Uber Kreltins, OA to Stalker
Dome 4 Uber Aurli, gueens and stuff.

The benefit of seperate species is you can finally hunt Aurli without to bother for the pesky acid so Ghost and 5B would be enough. I do hope the spawn will be enough on max density with only 2 DNA's

Edit:

I figure it is not able to switch DNA's between domes, but thats ok.

Tip:

if its able to add extra DNA, DONT DO IT!

About mining on CP, its a SPACE STATION! not an Astroid. Even if you could mine there how many feet of dirt should there be in the domes 10? after that you hit solid steel. Lol a bit fun to mine there and find an iron 420k ATH on 3 meters deep, after extracting CP is gone.

Last edited:
whent up for a day just to check it out and my thought about how it is now (i have 190hp)
dome 1 is perfect for all the little less skilled or those who just like small aurlis.
Dome 2 i really liked it before but now its a pain in the ass to have so much bigger krelts there, turn down the krelts a notch and its fine.
Dome 3 well it perfect for thos who like small krelts.
Dome 4 bah well its probably alot of fun with a team thou havent tried it yet..

Personally, I can't see why folks are trying so hard to get mining on CP.

I mean really. Put about 10 seconds of thought into what a typical mining run would be like, and how it will affect all those hunters around you.

Keep CP a hunter's paradise.

indeed, as people say if you cant mine you only get 50% of the potential revenue, but thats not true, I bet there is more hunted on CP per day than on whole CND.

CP doesnt need mining, it is unrealistic and it will cause chaos, its already a chaos when someone is hunting in the middle of a spawn and just stays there sending mobs all directions. (without other hunters to run to they wouldnt survive for a minute)

I mean really. Put about 10 seconds of thought into what a typical mining run would be like, and how it will affect all those hunters around you.

Many don't hunt full on just mobs in a grinding fashion.

They kill a few mobs, drop an amped bomb and probe and then hunt to clear to the claim marker. Hunt some more, then repeat.

It is not a request for the traditional primarily mining expectations people have where there are hunters or miners, instead for those that interleave the profession throughout their hunting runs.

For these people of which there are many, it would be a significant lure.

It also adds to the revenue potential of Buzz being able to recoupe his investment in a more reasonable timeframe through the addition mining giving MindArk an additional balancing point to allocate some of the loot distribution of mining & hunting loot more evenly amongst invested LAs based on their investment value.

I would not expect for a moment for Buzz to cater for miners what-so-ever with the present setup of domes for hunting.

This is how CP should be, never clear (low spawn) of mobs to make it easy for traditional primarily miners;

Instead feature-rich for those who interleave the profession of mining with their hunting activity.

Sorry but I personally find after more than a year of hunting 12+ hours straight a day, no enjoyment in grinding activities in Entropia.

I much prefer to break it up with a bit-a-BOOM in the process to decay some mining equipment and possibly find something that makes each hunting run more the worth while - "Psychologically breaking up the hunting grind and possibly find something of value resource wise if the hunting run is not going so well"

So all in all, there are several good reason why it is being asked for ;)
  • On the participant side - enjoyment of their activities undertaken, potentially making for longer staying taxable candidates.
  • On Buzz's revenue potential side to recouping investment outlay in a respectable timeframe.
  • On MA's ability to balance and distribute income potential to protect the "value of the money they have now procured from Cp's sale" to ensure their next developed installation they wish to sell off down the track can also sell for a tidy profit with all eyes on the outcome of CPs performance over time.

So nothing changes with the hunting paradise at all.

It is not a request to cater for the "typical" miners but a request for the 3rd group which is as large if not larger than the hunting run only & mining run only groups - Those who interleave mining while hunting ;)

Last edited:
So far the funnest thing I think, and good for all would be to make Dome 3... All small kreltons. maybe all small maturity, but 1 dna, moved up just a bit, so there is some matures, and olds in the spawn. But keep it very easy, and with tonnes of red dots.

Grats to the winning of CP auction.

Heavy spawn is allways fun. I will for sure visit that dome for some hunts.

Whises you good luck with CP!!

Valand

I would suggest the following:

1 dome to be uber, mix of big ass Aurli & kreltins (a few Keltins only)
1 dome with medium mix of Aurlis & kreltins maby up to strong/alphas.
1 dome with all small aurlis
1 dome with all small kreltins

imo this would be a perfect setup, gl with whatever u decide ;)

edit: Oh and ofc, the more red dots the better :handgun:

I agree with this... i'd say medim/large on dome 2... think team hunt for low-mid lvl players in small teams... no majestics or queens, but no little ones either

He paid for it as it is, why should MA/FPC add mining?

Do we all get presents :wtg:

Maybe they should sort this kind off stuff out first : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/land-areas/165234-consumer-rights-entropia.html

Back