Content List 11.1.0

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
Moderator's note:
For some reason, Bertha seems to have skipped this announcement, so I'm letting this one stand.

03 Jun 2010
The 11.1.0 Release Notes contains information on the reimplemented Mindforce system and, below that, information on general improvements and fixed issues in this release.
MINDFORCE
This release should be seen as stage 1 in implementing the Mindforce system. This first step is the reimplementation which currently includes basic functions, some are same as before and some are changed and improved. With this as a base we plan on adding further aspects and functions to the Mindforce system at a later stage.

We introduce the new concept aspect: an aspect is an ability that you can use with the correct chip implanted.
The intention when implementing changes to the old Mindforce system is to make the new Mindforce aspects more compatible with current weapons when it comes to usability and economics. To do this the concentration period has been rebalanced and two additional Mind Essences are introduced. One of these Mind Essences has no market value and can be bought from the Trade Terminal.
A new parameter - Cooldown - is introduced to be able to balance various advanced Mindforce aspects better. Cooldown is explained more in detail in the section Cooldown below.
Professions, skills, chips and implants have been converted to new ones, specified further down in these notes.
Note: All converted items have kept their TT values.
Mindforce Profession Changes
The existing professions related to Mindforce have been converted and new ones have been introduced to better suit the diversity and new progression possibilities within the Mindforce segment. The composition of the existing professions has been changed and now Mindforce skills contribute more to the profession level. Due to these changes the profession level has been changed and therefore, the profession level requirement for different aspects has been rebalanced to maintain similar performance as before. Names have also been changed for both skills and professions. For the name changes, see the Mindforce Profession Conversion list below.

Mindforce Chip Conversion
The old Mindforce chips have been converted according to the list below. Note that all TT values have been kept.
Changes have been made to deterioration to suite the introduction of the new types of Mind Essence and their values (see section below).
The new way of using the concentration period and the introduction of Cooldown means that some adjustments have been made, however, no changes have been made to any damage parameters. For many simpler Mindforce chips this means reduction or total removal of the concentration period.

Mind Essence
Additional Mind Essence types have been introduced to match the increased variation of Mindforce aspects. Current mind essence types:
  • Synthetic Mind Essence, a new type of essence, that can be bought in the Trade Terminal.
  • Light Mind Essence, a new type of essence, refined from the new loot item Diluted Sweat and the energy matter Force Nexus.
  • Mind Essence, existing essence, refined from Vibrant Sweat (found when extracting sweat from creatures) and the energy matter Force Nexus.
In order to align the Mind Essence consumption with the system changes, the following changes have been made:
  • The Mind Essence value has been divided by 100: where you got 100 Mind Essence per PED before, you now get 10,000.
  • Mind Essence usage is multiplied by 100: if your Mind Essence was 7 before, it is 700 now
  • Everyone’s amount of Mind Essence has been multiplied by 100: if you had 940 Mind Essences before, you now have 94,000.
Implants
Improved functions related to implant usage:
  • Chip profession level. Implants now support chip profession level instead of chip levels.
  • Simplified implant usage. Implant capability works in a new way and always starts from profession level zero and continues to the specific implant's maximum profession level. This makes the implants usage easier since you do not have to switch implants all the time.
  • Profession level check at equip. When a Mindforce chip is equipped the chip profession level is checked against implant profession level. The equip is valid if the implant profession level is higher than the chip's minimum profession level.
  • Insert implant. An implant is inserted with the Payn-Inc Implant Inserter by attaching the desired implant to the inserter and use the tool, just like when implanting a Skill implant. The Payn-Inc Implant Inserter can be found on the Mindforce tab in the Inventory.
  • Remove implant. Remove an inserted implant by using a Payn-Inc Implant Inserter with no implant attached.
New Mindforce Features
New features are included in the reimplemented Mindforce system.

Cooldown
Cooldown time is introduced. During cooldown time for one Mindforce chip, no chip in the same Chip Cooldown Group can be used. During the cooldown period it is still possible to unequip the chip and use other tools or chips that are not included in the same cooldown group. Cooldown group and time can be found in Items Info for the specific Mindforce chip.

Effect Over Time
Effect over time is introduced:
  • The Mindforce effect lasts for a given period of time. For your own avatar, this effect is displayed on your dashboard. On other avatars, you can see this effect displayed under the avatar status bar.
  • The effect over time can have different strength in influence. It is possible to override an existing effect over time by applying the same type of effect with a higher strength.
  • The counter for effect over time continues at log out and if any time is left at at next log in the effect is still valid.
  • Effects over time are removed if an avatar dies.

Mindforce Aspects Adjustments and New Aspects
Some changes have been made in existing aspects and new ones are introduced.

Focus
The Focus system is rewritten:
  • The Mindforce aspect Synchronization (former Focus) now protects against concentration disturbance over time instead of being a layered effect.
  • Concentration period interruption is changed. If you are hit by other avatars or mobs, the already aggregated concentration time will now be reduced by a certain amount. This amount is diminished if the caster has an active synchronization effect.
Regeneration Field (Area Heal)
Regeneration Field chips will heal avatars within a certain radius. If the healer is in a team, only those team members will be healed, but if the healer is not in a team everybody within the specific radius will be healed. Healing chip: Regeneration Field Chip.

Damage Strike (Area Damage)
Damage Strike chips will damage creatures and avatars within a certain radius. If the avatar inflicting damage is in a team, those team members will not be harmed by that damage. Damage chips: Electric Strike Chip, Combustive Strike Chip and Cryogenic Strike Chip.

Conversion of Mindforce Professions
Biotropian -> Biotropic
Psychotropian (Dmg) -> Electro Kinetic (Dmg)
Psychotropian (Hit) -> Telepath, Electro Kinetic (Hit)
Reviver -> Biotropic
Pyrotropian (Dmg) -> Pyro Kinetic (Dmg)
Pyrotropian (Hit) -> Pyro Kinetic (Hit)
Teleporter -> Translocator
Note: The profession Reviver is removed. Revive is now treated as being part of profession Biotropic.

Conversion of Mindforce Skills
Pyrotropy -> Pyrokinesis
Biotropy -> Bioregenesis
Psychtropy -> Electrokinesis, Telepathy and Translocation
All participants that had skills in Psychotropy will receive the same amount they had in Psychotropy in all 3 skills mentioned above.

Conversion of Existing Mindforce Chips
Old chips have been converted to new ones:

Note: All converted chips have kept their TT values.
Lesser Nerve Blast Chip -> First Gen Electric attack Chip I
Minor Nerve Blast Chip -> First Gen Electric attack Chip II
Medium Nerve Blast Chip -> First Gen Electric attack Chip III
Moderate Nerve Blast Chip -> First Gen Electric attack Chip IV
Good Nerve Blast Chip -> First Gen Electric attack Chip V
Potent Nerve Blast Chip ->First Gen Electric attack Chip VI
Strong Nerve Blast Chip ->First Gen Electric attack Chip VII
Powerful Nerve Blast Chip ->First Gen Electric attack Chip VIII
Moderate Firestorm Chip-> First Gen Firestorm Chip IV
Good Firestorm Chip-> First Gen Firestorm Chip V
Potent Firestorm Chip-> First Gen Firestorm Chip VI
Powerful Firestorm Chip-> First Gen Firestorm Chip VIII
Lesser Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip I
Minor Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip II
Medium Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip III
Moderate Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip IV
Good Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip V
Potent Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip VI
Strong Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip VII
Powerful Heal Chip -> Regeneration Chip VIII
Minor Focus Chip -> Synchronization Chip II
Medium Focus Chip -> Synchronization Chip V
Moderate Focus Chip -> Synchronization Chip VIII
Good Focus Chip -> Synchronization Chip XI
Potent Focus Chip -> Synchronization Chip XIV
Lesser Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip I
Minor Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip II
Medium Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip III
Moderate Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip IV
Good Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip V
Potent Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip VI
Strong Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip VII
Powerful Teleport Chip -> Teleportation Chip VIII
Powerful Wormhole Chip -> Wormhole Chip VIII
Powerful Resurrection Chip ->Resurrect Chip VIII

Conversion of Existing Mindforce Implants
Old implants have been converted to new ones:
Note: All converted implants have kept their TT values.
NeoPsion Aa Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 10 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Ab Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Ac Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Ad Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Ae Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 30 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Af Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Ag Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Ba Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Bb Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 30 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Bc Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 50 Mindforce Implant
NeoPsion Bd Mindforce Implant -> NeoPsion 40 Mindforce Implant

New Mindforce Professions
New Mindforce professions:
  • Jammer. A profession for evading Mindforce attacks.
  • Cryogenic. A profession for controlling lower temperatures. New chips are included for this profession.
New Mindforce Skills
New Mindforce skills:
  • Jamming. A skill for evading Mindforce attacks.
  • Cryogenics. A skill for controlling lower temperatures.

IMPROVEMENTS AND FIXED ISSUES

Sound
  • The sound for footsteps on concrete is made softer.
  • Feffoid attacking sound is now triggered more seldom.
  • Feffoid collision sounds are changed.
  • Improved metal collision sound.
Text and UI
  • The Inventory now includes a Mindforce tab.
  • In the Inventory, skill implants have been moved from the Tools tab to the Mindforce tab.
  • Main chat window updated: the resize window button is moved to the bottom corner to the right and the scroll bar now has buttons enabling line by line scrolling.
  • Improved navigation in the map UI: dragging the map is now possible, enabling selection of all locations.
  • Added buttons to Hall of Fame scroll bar.
  • Added tooltips on buttons in Transfer Center UI.
  • Added tooltip on Profession level in Professions UI.
Miscellaneous
  • Adjusted paint can weights - all paint cans now weigh 0.01kg.
  • Fixed issue with getting stuck after revival.
Additional Information

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

thx for posting !

So we already paid to insert our implants, and you're making us pay again to re-insert them? Lovely, I like your practices MA..

edit : what I meant by my post is I had to buy a ME inserter again, since mine was not in my inventory. Some said it was there, mine was not. so I had to pay 22 ped for it, then 2 ped to re-insert it.

At least the system is coming back.

Last edited:
So we already paid to insert our implants, and you're making us pay again to re-insert them? Lovely, I like your practices MA..

At least the system is coming back.

So MA, let me know when you'll reimburse the 2.01 ped today I used to reimplant :laugh:

That's my only complaint. Everything else looks good :) Ty for the update MA!

so sweating remained the same ? no mindforce just those dumb machines?

So MA, let me know when you'll reimburse the 2.01 ped today I used to reimplant :laugh:

That's my only complaint. Everything else looks good :) Ty for the update MA!

Look at my edit, you'll see what I mean. It's 24 ped.

For the sake of it though, let's say 2 ped per player who uses ME. How many players use ME, not sure. Let's put a figurative number, 100 000. 100 000 x 2 ped, 200 000 peds. MA just made 20 000$. That's assuming only 100 000 players use ME. If 500 000 uses it, well, you see the numbers.

They are charging you for something you already did and paid in the past. But hey, since nobody cares, let's let them make money off our backs anytime they want to change something. I'm sure the animal tamers loved that their entire skill set got reduced to nothing back then, too.

This is realy very long content list, and allso very cool one, MF is coming back! :)

Feffoid collision sounds are changed.
Does anyone else find this bit hilarious?

so sweating remained the same ? No mindforce just those dumb machines?

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

wow.. sounds like the new mindforce is going to be very useful!

thanks MA

MindForce is ok but really the best in this VU: "Adjusted paint can weights - all paint cans now weigh 0.01kg"

:eyecrazy:I only say brown paint cans...:eyecrazy:

Look at my edit, you'll see what I mean. It's 24 ped.

For the sake of it though, let's say 2 ped per player who uses ME. How many players use ME, not sure. Let's put a figurative number, 100 000. 100 000 x 2 ped, 200 000 peds. MA just made 20 000$. That's assuming only 100 000 players use ME. If 500 000 uses it, well, you see the numbers.

They are charging you for something you already did and paid in the past. But hey, since nobody cares, let's let them make money off our backs anytime they want to change something. I'm sure the animal tamers loved that their entire skill set got reduced to nothing back then, too.

you have an interesting view of the size of the playerbase in EU.....:rolleyes:

TY for info :wtg:

Why the F**** do we now have 3 mindforce types ???

Can you make anything simple at all ? Why does everything have to be a myriad of tools, enhancers, amps, amunitions, and now even different mindforce types ???

For what ???

To make us get even more loot junk ? ... argggggg...

Sorry but this just gets to me... I will sleep over it ..

The new Chips still have a Level Number in their description, but the Implants no longer do.

What is going on ?

What distinguishes the Impants now, except the Max Profession Level ?

The new Chips still have a Level Number in their description, but the Implants no longer do.

What is going on ?

What distinguishes the Impants now, except the Max Profession Level ?

Decay and allowed chip.

They work much like they did before except that any implant permits lower leveled chips to work. Previously there were specific ranges.

Basically implants were simplified and chip naming was simplified while everything else about MF was complicated. :laugh:

Does anyone else find this bit hilarious?

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

i think you got me wrong here, i meant the Vsk 1 or whats his name is

OK this is crap. WHY do i have to buy this new syn ME just to use my "nerver blaster" or heal. what was all that point of saving my sweat adn converting it ot ME so when I was able to use it i would be ready. MA is jsut wanting to take more PEDs from us.
This makes it harder for new players to play really. making Sweat prrices drop more than what it is.

I really want the old system back with MF. the FPC should realized that this will upset the ppl. I sweat alot to make my money in game so i can play. I go out and mine to make my own ME so i can teleport everywhere i want .. I did this in the old VU and i would like it to be the same. I don't want to go to a TT machine to buy this new ME just so i can use my heal chip .. (if that is the case then i hope the mobs drop this new ME also in the LOOT WINDOW like all other ammo's

MA/FPC you really are making me feel as if you don't care about what makes ppl (old players especially) Happy. the NEW players that come in the game to learn to sweat will get nothing because now sweat will be worth nothing. becuase the sweat that was used to MAKE ME to be used BY ALL MF chips well can only be used now by two (tpchips and focus) wow that really is great (NOT) .. bring back what worked. BECAUSE I will see here that the new player base will not be there for you soon. and many of the older players are getting very upset with how you have done them Wrong.

YOu think about nothing but taking and not really giving. the Loot has sucked (over all ) making moe pplayers not want to play because the ratio of loot return is dropping below that what it was 1year ago. All you think about is MONEY in your pockets and that your customers (the players - and mainly the older ones ) are unhappy with the way things are turnning out

i think you got me wrong here, i meant the Vsk 1 or whats his name is

Ah. MF is more than sweating and it seemed you missed that. Now that we've cleared that up, i'll take back my facepalm and give it to this joker ranting incoherently about a system barely out of the chute and already apparently a deathblow to him.

Bc implant becmes better than the Bd ?what ! why ?

I just went on again and saw 2 more patches making 11.1.1 and 11.1.2

These just stability or even more features?

you have an interesting view of the size of the playerbase in EU.....:rolleyes:

It's just a figure of speech to give an idea of the kind of money they can make, geez :rolleyes:

Dear Mindforce users.

We would like to thank you for allowing us to make Mindforce more complicated in an attempt to extract even more ped from you from these new over complicated methods of decay to try and confuse you so you won't be able to figure out exactly how much more its going to cost, hopefully you won't pay attention to that because you'll be distracted by the fancy new graphics.

We appreciate all the ped we can get from you. Please deposit more. We know you will enjoy trying to figure out how much more expensive these changes will be for you, hopefully you won't figure it out before you've deposited more money for us to test it all out and then it will be too late, we will already have your money.

Best Regards
The Management

Thanks MA, I think I'll go back to that game made by the snowstorm company and turn my epic Mage back on...

Dear Mindforce users.

We would like to thank you for allowing us to make Mindforce more complicated in an attempt to extract even more ped from you from these new over complicated methods of decay to try and confuse you so you won't be able to figure out exactly how much more its going to cost, hopefully you won't pay attention to that because you'll be distracted by the fancy new graphics.

We appreciate all the ped we can get from you. Please deposit more. We know you will enjoy trying to figure out how much more expensive these changes will be for you, hopefully you won't figure it out before you've deposited more money for us to test it all out and then it will be too late, we will already have your money.

Best Regards
The Management

Thanks MA, I think I'll go back to that game made by the snowstorm company and turn my epic Mage back on...

Actually, it seems it's going to be a lot less expensive to skill MF now than in the past.

Actually, it seems it's going to be a lot less expensive to skill MF now than in the past.

Great, please let me know when you've got all the maths and testing done to prove all that :laugh:

[*]Added tooltip on Profession level in Professions UI.

Now this is cool.

Shows you % to the next level by holding mouse over proffesion bars.

JEHU

noticed this in the announcement & thought it was nice of MA to pay to supply a Implant Inserter now that they will be required again

after all every person that was using a implant at the launch of VU10 had already paid to have the item equiped.

Implants

Insert implant. An implant is inserted with the Payn-Inc Implant Inserter by attaching the desired implant to the inserter and use the tool, just like when implanting a Skill implant. The Payn-Inc Implant Inserter can be found on the Mindforce tab in the Inventory.

didnt find the inserter under the mindforce tab in inventory ( carried or storage ) - or any other tab

Mind Essence

Mind Essence usage is multiplied by 100: if your Mind Essence was 7 before, it is 700 now

only applies to TP chips ?

ME used by all other chips isnt in whole 100's
anyone know if the effect ( HP healed - dmg done - focus charged ) per ME used is still the same ?

Last edited:

Maybe, but it seems a bit early for an assumption. ;)

possible as all costs from using MF as weapons or for healing will now be TT costs with no markup.

deccay costs + " Synthetic Mind Essence "available at the TT
i think for most if not all weapon/healing chips

i suppose any difference in costs will depend on the eco stats on the items.

Cooldown times could really slow down reload times & dmg/sec

charge item - use item - unable to use item or anything else in its Cooldown group for a set time

Last edited:
Adding stuff to the TT? What, not enough crafters to produce it or was it to profitable to but into the players hands? Please fire your balancing manager he couldn't figure out a way to integrate it properly into the players hands. Sounds like a monopoly on the type that will be bought and used the most. That Bot of yours is gonna get a neg rep from me, you guys aren't running an RCE game but a store. Create opportunity, not monopoly.

Read the 1st half of this VU and gave up on the 2nd half.

WTF do they have to change stuff for????

Dear god mindark, if you cant even bring back simple things that are missing, like taming etc, before cocking up something that used to be in, with this ......

Speechless lol.
Honest, read the 1st half the update list twice, and still cant understand a word of it, oh well, suppose i'll see when i can finaly log in :)

Back