Ready, Steady, Go!

who"s up for a demolition derby :wtg:

I say once few FPC officials are found , they'll crash before giving any car...

20 trade request per second :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Since I am a very good driver ( i tweahr!!!) I need one :)

Since I am a lucky duck I order a red one phulese ;)

Well, I'm excited. Can't lie about that. I do think that better planning could have been involved. Why not just drop them in our storages? Yes, it's unrealistic, but just think about how much headache it would solve. No total insanity and server crashes where the FPC Officials are, nobody would be missing out, etc.

I'll try my damndest to get one, but I work from 11.30 to 21.30 MA time. I don't think it's going to happen, and you better be sure that I and many other working people in the western hemisphere are going to be well pissed if they don't think of a way that we can have a shot at getting them too.

As far as the economic effects... let's just hope they're not (L). Slapping the (L) on a new item is a gigantic middle finger that says, "we know you're going to make us more money by using this. Go on and take it, and buy us another castle." :laugh:

Please... for the love of Calypso, don't muck this up, guys. If there's one thing FPC and MA need (especially MA), it's customer satisfaction and faith in the company. Games should be fun. Sure, I love that it's a real cash economy, but when the odds are heavily in their favour, we need some things that don't have a focus on money. We need more free fun stuff. Little stuff. Nicely polished googahs and gadgets that make it a truly unique and engrossing experience.

Is anyone with me on this? :confused:

My ingame friend suspect that vehicles are so cheap becourse there will be TP fee added later

FREE? :scratch2:
Will they be tradable? :confused:

We want the cars to be out there, roaming around at quick speed. So we give out quite a few for free - you still need to pay attention to get one though. No other requirement needed, just be online and try to be at the action spots. This will go on for several hours - I don't yet know exactly when it will end, it depends on conditions no one can foresee, as with any major VU release. It is impossible to make this 100% fair for every one given that everyone's life situation differs but we try to accommodate things like time zones, etc. Vehicles are not designed to be a premium item but a common item (of course certain types of vehicles are rarer than others - as always) and will be available from loot and manufacturing.

And, this may be a shocker, the cheapest car has a TT of... 17 PED. ,-)

OMFG!
So this means, we even get this ?!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited by a moderator:
Since MA is making them common, I wonder if there is a real world tie-in? Perhaps some auto maker has sponsored the vehicles?

Great idea to give some cars for free.

Is this event ony going to happen in calypso? I am at Roctropia at the moment and need to be sure before packing all my stuff and TPing back.

You know that zomhattan is a great place to race, lots of streets and zombies. :yay:

If not then I will try to get me a vehicle and meet other drivers in the dirt tracks at New Switzerland.

Selling RUN, NOOB, RUN! bumper stickers (for front bumpers) @boxes!

Hehe this is gonna be like watching 3 monkeys try to fuck the same football.

First and foremost what makes you all think the VU will go smooth enough to let them hand out vehicles the same day.. Specially after the way every VU or patch has gone after VU10

Second how many people will never even have a chance to get one having to redownload the game yet again (We all by now KNOW this WILL happen)

Third if you dont think there are MAJOR strings attched to these vehicles you are all more brainwashed then I think.

And that my friends will be ther first three monkeys to watch.

BTW will these be able to transfer to RT for those that will spend the tp fee to come back and try to get one BEFORE they waste all that ped to find out they are Calypso specific?

Presume if you log in without a hitch and get given a free vehicle you will publicly say so. ;)

Only time I saw strings attached to a vehicle was Thunderbirds reruns.

Never seen a monkey fuck anything, let alone a football, but here is one dancing:

:monkey:

Let's wait and see eh?

Rewarding loyal customers is one of the most widespread practices of marketing as a retention factor. I think randomly distributed items is not the most equitable way of recognition for those who have for years helped build this community.

I agree, and for the annual Christmas gifts, as an example, are one area where this differentiation is used. For this event though, we choose another route.

Is this event ony going to happen in calypso?

FPC hosts an event on Calypso. I cannot realy comment on Rocktropia's events. I do know that the event itself is not exclusive to a single planet partner by design.

Yeah - give a vehicle or ATH to 2 days noob, what a difference. A veteran will get christmas gift and be happy for another year ;)

Lame ... who the hell needs vehicles? :rolleyes:

Give back my face tribal to me instead of junk food!

Great idea to give some cars for free.

Is this event ony going to happen in calypso? I am at Roctropia at the moment and need to be sure before packing all my stuff and TPing back.

Uhh... Why would FPC give out vehicles at a competitors planet?

well, gratz to MA.... finally we are really starting to see new content in the game!!!!

great, i'll prolly be at work. too late to ask for a day off :(

I agree, and for the annual Christmas gifts, as an example, are one area where this differentiation is used. For this event though, we choose another route.

Why exactly have you lot chosen a different route?
I suspect, a few people will get prior knowledge of when and where FPC officials will be, well before anyone else, at a particular time.

Seems for something this big, what your forgoing is the only fair way, just drop them in those who pay a biggish fee to play each week/month, like myself etc, in our inventory.

Another person who'll miss out again, due to work comitments.

Is this like if you go to a restaurant and order a seafood dish, but instead of seafood you get an extra spicy Fried Pork Chow Mein, cause the main chief cook decided to choose another route? ;)

Dibs on -
knight-rider-kitt-shelby-gt500-kr1.jpg

and on - [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Marco, I imagine that the path you have chosen is a refinement of that used for Christmas when shared objects worth only a few peds. In the case of vehicles, with a TT value several times that of those gifts, I hope you take into account more than before the commitment to Entropia Universe.
¡Thanks for your response!

Lame ... who the hell needs vehicles? :rolleyes:

Give back my face tribal to me instead of junk food!

I need vehicles :D. Lame? No... Awesome? YES

Marco, About what time (MA time) will this begin? :D

And, this may be a shocker, the cheapest car has a TT of... 17 PED.

Make sure to TT it, it will be the easiest ped you ever get that won't cost you anything :laugh:

Once again i have not read the replies, but i can guess,

"i want one otherwise it is not fair"
"what time?"......examples of this "i am usa so it has better be at that time", "i am europe so it had better be this time" etc
"they better not be limited"
"There should be enough to go around"
"why are MA only looking after the ubers"
"why are ma looking after newbies"

and complaints afterwards cause they were not lucky enough to get one

"MA only give uber stuff to uber players"
"noobies get all the good stuff"
"i was there and did not get one, MA are ungratefull bastards"
"loot sucks" gotta get this one in here
"the ped value sucksd"
"ped value is too big and devalutes the economy"

But i gaurntee one thing, people will complain about this, personally i am just happy that MA/FPC are still doing stuff and do not expect to get anything

Rgds

Ace

Back