FYI: Making a RL 3D-model of a Valkyrie Mk1

What would you pay for an unpainted RL model?

• <US$10

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • <US$50

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • <US$100

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • >US$100

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
wow, jamira, it really looks better and better.. i like to watch the progress:)

I am so glad you back with your amazing project, Jamira :yay: this thread is the only one I check regularly ;)

Okay, all parts more or less ready :yay:

car21.jpg

The model still needs some fine tuning. Because some parts should be hollow for the 3D-print and some need better connections to others. I'm afraid some are to thin or filligree and have to be substituted by bigger structures. At least it should be one part with a waterproof surface.

No clue if we will be able to make a coloured print. We will see.

eDrawing updated
http://www.3d-handwerker.de/EU/Valkyrie Mk1 Version 02.zip

Last edited:
Just... wow! :yay:

you're a pro :)

bah ..you must spread some.......

next time :)

Now all we need to do is make a full sized working version of this!! :yay:
Awesome work!! :D

Similar things have happened. Anoyone else remember Hot Wheel's Twin Mill?

LOL I would love to find a straight and smooth piece of road for that monster!! :yay:

Now for the Valkyrie, you wouldn't need roads!! :D

Yesterday I made the first attempts with merging all the single parts and got nothing but a bloody nose :laugh:

Okay, I am on vacation ... probably it'll take a bit longer than the plan was ... but lil sis is sitting on my neck and complains all day.

LOL I would love to find a straight and smooth piece of road for that monster!!

Yeah, you'd need a straight piece of iroad. The Twin Mill essentially has 2 giant mail boxes on the hood. While it looks great from the curb, the visibility behind the drivers seat just plain sucks. LOL

Yesterday I made the first attempts with merging all the single parts and got nothing but a bloody nose :laugh:

Okay, I am on vacation ... probably it'll take a bit longer than the plan was ... but lil sis is sitting on my neck and complains all day.

Take your time. Your work in this is already monumental!

you should get a reward for the great work you done so far :)

Take your time. Your work in this is already monumental!

Vacation isn't necessarily the opposite of work ;) For me it is relaxing from the daily shit.

At least I transformed the model to an STL-file. But without merging the single parts together. No clue if this can be good food for a 3D-printer.

car22.jpg

Hmmm ... some paint necessary :laugh:

No clue if this can be good food for a 3D-printer.

car22.jpg

Hmmm ... some paint necessary :laugh:

i think we can handel this

3dprinter is ready

regards

kawa

i think we can handel this

3dprinter is ready

regards

kawa

wowowo

Awesome Jamira, it is pretty good to see how fast you progressed lol

Can pecka has one model?? :DDD

wowowo

Awesome Jamira, it is pretty good to see how fast you progressed lol

Can pecka has one model?? :DDD

Good point!
We are allowed to use grabbed models for private purpose only. Not for business. Each 3D-print costs money. But we are not allowed to purchase such models.

I got the following statement from FPC: If we plan to sell models we have to ask FPC first. If they allow us they will claim a fee.

In the end such a model will become very expensive: printing costs, FPC's fee and some PED markup for Kawa and me :D:cool:

But for now let's do a first test ... maybe we can improve the model. Than have a look for further steps. :wtg:

Now all we need to do is make a full sized working version of this!! :yay:
Awesome work!! :D

Wouldn't be bad. In fact I was working three years for a company which could do it. They got the know how and the machines (heggemann.com). Just a task of money ... ;) ... wait ... I got 273 PED atm ... :laugh:

Wouldn't be bad. In fact I was working three years for a company which could do it. They got the know how and the machines (heggemann.com). Just a task of money ... ;) ... wait ... I got 273 PED atm ... :laugh:

That should just about cover it!! ;)

That should just about cover it!! ;)

I'm afraid it would be more like 27.300.000 PED ... kinda ... :laugh: But okay, it's possible. Let's ask FPC if they are interested. :D I can make the contact ... I still know some from Heggemann's staff. :cool:

Just out of curiosity, what scale of action figure is the Valk model compatible with? :laugh:

I'm afraid it would be more like 27.300.000 PED ... kinda ... :laugh: But okay, it's possible. Let's ask FPC if they are interested. :D I can make the contact ... I still know some from Heggemann's staff. :cool:

Nah, under 9k PED, even less if some of the volume can be hollowed out. Not alot can be done there I suppose since a lot of liberties were taken with the original design.

Nah, under 9k PED, even less if some of the volume can be hollowed out. Not alot can be done there I suppose since a lot of liberties were taken with the original design.

I refered to Nor Alien: "Now all we need to do is make a full sized working version of this!!"
And I know what I'm speaking about. I was part of the developing team for the Bugatti Veyron parts build at Heggemann (kinda 25% of the whole car). Same with the two BMW X5 Paris-Dakkar ralley cars a few years ago. We made the complete frames and some parts of the crash structure. :cool:

Just out of curiosity, what scale of action figure is the Valk model compatible with? :laugh:

Let's meet ingame and I can provide you with a figure of AlphaGeek sitting in his Valkyrie at each scale you want. ;)

I refered to Nor Alien: "Now all we need to do is make a full sized working version of this!!"
And I know what I'm speaking about. I was part of the developing team for the Bugatti Veyron parts build at Heggemann (kinda 25% of the whole car). Same with the two BMW X5 Paris-Dakkar ralley cars a few years ago. We made the complete frames and some parts of the crash structure. :cool:

Very impressive!! :yay: I drive an X3 does this count!! :D
Atm I have a kit car that I have about 50% completed.... but have no time or extra cash to finish it off ... as of yet.. but I will finish it and then maybe look into the Valkyrie for my next project.. but can't say when!! lol :ahh:

Back