Grenades

Please stop these pointless grenades. Only like 3 would actually work. All the rest are in my opinion not realistic and shows you are just trying to get attention. 90% of these are horrible ideas. Please, if your going to keep making new grenades, use real ones.

From the last one it proves my point, this isnt a suggestion anymore, its a joke.

Stay with the basics. Flash, frag, ect. Real ones.

Just my irretated opinion. Dont mean to put arguement in this thread. If someone wants to say something to me please pm me.

Please stop these pointless grenades. Only like 3 would actually work. All the rest are in my opinion not realistic and shows you are just trying to get attention. 90% of these are horrible ideas. Please, if your going to keep making new grenades, use real ones.

From the last one it proves my point, this isnt a suggestion anymore, its a joke.

Stay with the basics. Flash, frag, ect. Real ones.

Just my irretated opinion. Dont mean to put arguement in this thread. If someone wants to say something to me please pm me.
Realistic grenade? fine....
ANTI-TROLL GRENADE
Upon detonation, the words and unprevoked emotion derived from the anonymous entity will be turned back, unleashing a spam of 1.0 damage for each word used to provoke the target.
-Don't poke the Proteron-

As for your statement, "Only like 3 would actually work". EU has no limits, it is coded just like any other program. Anything and everything can go! If MA wanted to make boats fly and warp from planet to planet, they could do so. anything is possible in the world of coding. Please support your statement with facts if you wish to be so bold.
<=== Computer Science Major

If MA wanted to make boats fly and warp from planet to planet, they could do so. anything is possible in the world of coding.

*clears throat*

Objection, your Honor!

A gifted coder or a bunch thereof could do that.

MA, in contrast, isn't even able to remove one bug w/o implementing 3 new ones...
or code a loot distribution algorithm that is able to result in at least a tiny wee bit of player retention...
(Don't get me started!)

And btw. as a "Computer Science Major" you will surely know that "anything" is still limited by the underlying hardware, that's "limits" which apply to everyone, even gifted coders.

Realistic grenade? fine....
ANTI-TROLL GRENADE
Upon detonation, the words and unprevoked emotion derived from the anonymous entity will be turned back, unleashing a spam of 1.0 damage for each word used to provoke the target.
-Don't poke the Proteron-

As for your statement, "Only like 3 would actually work". EU has no limits, it is coded just like any other program. Anything and everything can go! If MA wanted to make boats fly and warp from planet to planet, they could do so. anything is possible in the world of coding. Please support your statement with facts if you wish to be so bold.
<=== Computer Science Major

My point to my last post was this. Give a suggestion, most of the time its 50-50 for all suggestions. This idea i like. But once you start spamming useless grenades for suggestions it becomes a waste of timefor EU to look at it. (if they do)

Everyone would agree we need what the game use to have implemented and bugs fixed first.

It irretates me because the grenades at first for the most part was a good suggestion. Its just as i read the new ones they get more and more useless. And more and more of a joke suggestion.

Just wanted to say my opinion on this suggestion.

Also you do not need to threaten me with a -rep, i gave how i felt and my opinion about it. Not trolling you or anything.
There are just better things to be on top of a suggestion list. You have given your idea, just let it sit as that.

*clears throat*

Objection, your Honor!

A gifted coder or a bunch thereof could do that.

MA, in contrast, isn't even able to remove one bug w/o implementing 3 new ones...
or code a loot distribution algorithm that is able to result in at least a tiny wee bit of player retention...
(Don't get me started!)

And btw. as a "Computer Science Major" you will surely know that "anything" is still limited by the underlying hardware, that's "limits" which apply to everyone, even gifted coders.

I wasn't insinuating that they could make a time machine.

This here we can agree on, I look at the updates they make and understand that the bugs introduced are silly in the fashion in how there linked to an update
Ex. make new hair style look cool and animated, drawback, they fucked up the color.

This is most commonly due to sloppy coding
Ex. (proper)
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]class[/COLOR] ForDemo {
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]public static void main[/COLOR](String[] args){
         for(int i[COLOR="#00FF00"]=[/COLOR]1; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]<[/COLOR]11; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]++[/COLOR]){
              System.out.println("Count is: "[COLOR="#00FF00"]+[/COLOR] i);
         }
    }
}
vs (sloppy)
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]class[/COLOR] ForDemo {[COLOR="#EE82EE"]public static void main[/COLOR](String[] args){for(int i[COLOR="#00FF00"]=[/COLOR]1; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]<[/COLOR]11; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]++[/COLOR]){
System.out.println("Count is: "
[COLOR="#00FF00"]+[/COLOR] i);}}

}

its the same code, and will run the same, although, when it comes time to edit it, it is very hard to understand.

I wasn't insinuating that they could make a time machine.

Well, i was insinuating that they couldn't make a working toaster.

This is most commonly due to sloppy coding
Ex. (proper)
Code:
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]public static void main[/COLOR](String[] args){
         for(int i[COLOR="#00FF00"]=[/COLOR]1; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]<[/COLOR]11; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]++[/COLOR]){
              System.out.println("Count is: "[COLOR="#00FF00"]+[/COLOR] i);
         }
    }
}
vs (sloppy)
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]class[/COLOR] ForDemo {[COLOR="#EE82EE"]public static void main[/COLOR](String[] args){for(int i[COLOR="#00FF00"]=[/COLOR]1; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]<[/COLOR]11; i[COLOR="#00FF00"]++[/COLOR]){
System.out.println("Count is: "
[COLOR="#00FF00"]+[/COLOR] i);}}

}

its the same code, and will run the same, although, when it comes time to edit it, it is very hard to understand.

This isn't sloppy coding, that's improper formatting - what's worse is the lack of documentation.

And it's for sure not what's causing the coding problems they have - just ask and i will give you examples galore!

As i see it, coding is art, in the true meaning of the word, but not everyone is called.

Just look at your (non-sloppy) example in comparison to this:

Code:
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]public static void main[/COLOR](String[] args){  [COLOR="#AAAAAA"]// print 1 through 10[/COLOR]
         i [COLOR="#00FF00"]=[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1[/B][/COLOR];
         while(i [COLOR="#00FF00"]<=[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]10[/B][/COLOR]) System.out.println("Count is: " [COLOR="#00FF00"]+[/COLOR] i++);
    } [COLOR="#AAAAAA"]// end main[/COLOR]
}

Just look at the numbers i've highlighted in red - every kid can see this function is running from 1 - 10, including both delimiters. And every kid now knows what the function does.

Btw... only n00bs use for-loops! ;)

Last edited:
Well, i was insinuating that they couldn't make a working toaster.

This isn't sloppy coding, that's improper formatting - what's worse is the lack of documentation.

And it's for sure not what's causing the coding problems they have - just ask and i will give you examples galore!

As i see it, coding is art, in the true meaning of the word, but not everyone is called.

Just look at your (non-sloppy) example in comparison to this:

Code:
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]public static void main[/COLOR](String[] args){  [COLOR="#AAAAAA"]// print 1 through 10[/COLOR]
         i [COLOR="#00FF00"]=[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]1[/B][/COLOR];
         while(i [COLOR="#00FF00"]<=[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]10[/B][/COLOR]) System.out.println("Count is: " [COLOR="#00FF00"]+[/COLOR] i++);
    } [COLOR="#AAAAAA"]// end main[/COLOR]
}

Just look at the numbers i've highlighted in red - every kid can see this function is running from 1 - 10, including both delimiters. And every kid now knows what the function does.

Btw... only n00bs use for-loops! ;)
either way, wit still sloppy coding. you don't agree?
Your saying that improper coding is not the same as sloppy coding?

gotta admit, you know your stuff....

either way, wit still sloppy coding. you don't agree?
Your saying that improper coding is not the same as sloppy coding?

I said improper formatting, not improper coding. ;)

However, the reason why EU is so incredibly bugged is simply bad application design.

They are able to break totally unrelated things, it's stunning!

How can this happen when you break down a complex application into logical subsystems and develop and test them all separately? That's what object-oriented coding is for: to make sure someone doesn't just change a single variable when there is a distinct procedure that results in a change of that value.

You are too young to know that, but there was a bug where you were able to equip a new weapon, but the held weapon wasn't unequipped, at least on the screen, resulting in avatars holding two weapons at once (screeny must be still in the gallery)
How can this happen when there's one (global) procedure (or better: object method) that only let's you equip a weapon when hands are empty or call the unequip procedure first?
And there are countless examples, better don't get me started, it several 100s i've seen in all the years.

This clearly shows that the coders working for MA lack training and experience - but hey, it's like everywhere, you get what you pay for...

:silly2:

MA's ability to reintroduce fixed bugs whilst creating new ones shows that they have NEVER had any kind of version control ( at least, not as we know it ).

With that as a given, they don't even need sloppy/improper code, just a bunch of code-monkeys overwriting each other's work.

MA's ability to reintroduce fixed bugs whilst creating new ones shows that they have NEVER had any kind of version control ( at least, not as we know it ).

That.

And:
Every measly open source project has a bug tracker nowadays... EU has not, despite being under constant development.

What's wrong with this design of weapon-less grenades:

First, you (programmers at MA) must make a new weapon. Either completely invisible, or looking like a grenade in the hand. The weapon itself is not an actual item that's in inventory, but a weapon that automatically gets equipped when someone does an action to equip a grenade.

The weapon doesn't decay. (In fact it can't decay since it doesn't exist for the user, and thus can't be purchased separately or repaired). Instead, a small part of the TT of the charge covers decay instead of going to damage (so, 1 PEC TT of grenade would do say 3.9 dmg instead of 4.0 dmg).
(The decay part isn't really that big - main reason new guns decay alot is that a big part of the decay is used as ammo. To get a feeling of how much the decay is, compare with a weapon such as Opalo or TT handgun, that does 4 dmg/each old ammo).

The grenades will have to kinds of properties, though joined together for the user. One part is the property of the grenade itself, such as weight and TT value/each. Other properties technically belongs to the virtual weapon but is displayed on the grenade; properties like professional level, damage done and such. Theoretically the hidden weapon could have tier values, on the other hand there is no use in putting enhancers on a grenade since it gets destroyed when it's used...

In a simular way you could enable fist-fightnig (without boxing-gloves) - imagine you, instead of a grenade, equip a "sports drink" (stackable ammo) and an invisible boxingglove will be equipped, taking ammo (and the pure decay) from teh sports drink stack. The invisible boxingglove would automatically be re-equipped after using another "tool". There shouldn't be too much server-side work because of this since the invisible boxingglove never "breaks" (though it will become unusable when there is not enough sports drink). A twist of this would be that when hitting another avatar instead of a certain damage done, you hit by say 2% of the opponents max HP, to even up fights between different levelsl of players in ring events. (This probably can't be applied to mobs or a group of 50 players could down the hussk in a second.)

What's wrong with this design of weapon-less grenades:

First, you (programmers at MA) must make a new weapon. Either completely invisible, or looking like a grenade in the hand. The weapon itself is not an actual item that's in inventory, but a weapon that automatically gets equipped when someone does an action to equip a grenade.

Aia, have you read my post in this thread?

There is a reason, several actually, that makes it impossible to use thrown weapons as the system works now. It might be changed that way, but it would require fundamental changes to numerous game mechanisms - and all that to give us grenades (which we already have) that work w/o a launcher.
(Just think about it: Where would you put i.e. the SIB values on that invisible launcher? On the grenades? Grenades are stackable, stackables (as we have them now) are not designed in a way that allows this... )

This aint gonna happen, and i, for one, think that there are countless more important things MA could spend their developers time on.

...There is a reason, several actually, that makes it impossible to use thrown weapons as the system works now...
pfffft really?! this again?!

Have you not seen a corrosive attack chip used?

there's absolutely no reason thrown grenades can't be made with the system as is!

your entire argument is based on you simply don't like the animation!...
The problem is NOT the animation, but the "which item is equipped in the tool bar" - you still fail to understand that.
ah yeah, that's right, you changed your story after I poked holes in your theory...

then your problem became the fact that when TT reaches minimum condition, you are still holding a "used-up" grenade instead of your hand being empty!...
(a grenade/weapon that can't be "thrown"/used due to the weapon having reached minimum condition, as every weapon in this game currently works)
This actually is still just an issue of the animation that you don't like, not a problem with the current game mechanics not allowing for thrown weapons to be a possibility!...
"Used-up grenade" - my arse, this is the most ridiculous statement you've posted here - try to find a picture of an "used-up grenade"...

Tell me, do you know what grenades are?
Grenades, that's the things you THROW at enemies - they are GONE when you've thrown them.

Oh, wait - your grenade magically returns to your hand when thrown, yes?
Those comments are literally your entire argument!...

Swords are still held when they reach minimum condition, but can't be swung!...
Show me a sword you can swing all day, and then suddenly is impossible to swing!
Show me a pistol that can be fired tens of thousands of times without inserting a new clip!

This is a game man, not reality... and the mechanics of this game EASILY allow a thrown hand grenade to be created with the EXACT same systems other weapons are already using!
"Grenade" (or Grenades) can be either a (L) or repairable item, it takes X amount of TT per use, no ammo
(decays like a sword, but fires a projectile like a grenade launcher)
  • (State 1 to 2) - You equip the Grenade
  • (State 2 to 3) - You "throw"/use the Grenade, but it remains "held"/equipped
    The animation shows the grenade thrown! It appears to leave your hand, fly through the air and land
    Your hand only appears empty, but the grenade you see after "fired" is a projectile
    (just as grenades leave a grenade launcher)
  • (State 3 to 2) - The Grenade reloads! Reload process completes, the grenade reappears in your hand
    (animation complete)
  • (State 2 to 1) - You can then unequip the Grenade

let's say (for example) it's 100 ped TT, it's (L), has 3% condition limit, 1 ped/use, no ammo
It's not a stackable item... it's equip, use, reload, re-use/unequip... 1-2-3, and operates as I've quoted above...
The grenade is the tool that decays with each use... there is no "last grenade"...
When it reaches minimum condition, it's still held until you unequip it and go TT it
It operates as a melee weapon or a gun (the held grenade is the weapon)...
It "fires" (launches/throws/expels, etc.) a projectile (the thrown grenade)

damn, I thought we were done with this silly nonsense of "Grenades are impossible"!
(Feel free to quote where i said "it is impossible" - good luck finding such a line...)
I actually started this post with that quote! :thumbup:

<drivel removed>

Tycoon, just drop it - you don't even understand the problem, and after you have presented your (false) solution you cannot admit that you missed a point or two (or more).

No point in argueing with you, so please, pretty please stop quoting me - my post was directed at aia, and there was no need whatsoever that you pop up again and comment - too afraid that aia might understand the problems you failed to see?

No... don't answer, just stop addressing me here - unless you can admit that something you have THROWN is GONE - why you think this is the same as using a sword, well, no idea, but it shows how weird your argumentation is.

Last edited:
there is nothing in the game mechanics that prevents thrown weapons...

in fact, Corrosive Attack Chip already is a thrown weapon!

you say I don't understand the problem?... yeah... because there's no problem to understand!

you've given me 2 -reps in this thread now for proving your "Thrown Weapons Are Impossible" logic wrong!... you don't have to -rep me for making sense!

it's just a completely ridiculous idea that a thrown hand grenade can't be made when we already have thrown weapons like Corrosive attack chip and we have Grenade Launchers! I seriously can't understand why you don't realize that! (actually, I think you DO, but you really just don't want to admit you're wrong)

It's pretty obvious that thrown hand grenades can easily be designed using the current game mechanics! :yup:

and you don't need to tell me "don't post, don't address me, don't quote me"... I'll post what I want, where I want, when I feel like it... you can post, quote, address me all you want!... I wouldn't tell anyone on forums to stop posting! Everyone is entitled to post, it's public forums! Just deal with it maturely!
why you think this is the same as using a sword, well, no idea, but it shows how weird your argumentation is.
and to clarify, my comparison is directed at this quote from your post...
"Used-up grenade" - my arse, this is the most ridiculous statement you've posted here - try to find a picture of an "used-up grenade"...
you say "try to find a picture of an "used-up grenade"...
I say "show me a sword you can't swing"...

the relevance is they are both the result of a "used-up" weapon in-game!

(I think you knew that, but are just trying to talk in circles to discredit me)

either that, or you have major trouble seeing things that are obvious...
actually, that must be it! that makes a lot of sense now!

Last edited:
in fact, Corrosive Attack Chip already is a thrown weapon!

You think you throw the CHIP? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you say I don't understand the problem?... yeah... because there's no problem to understand!

See above. :lolup: :lolup:

it's just a completely ridiculous idea that a thrown hand grenade can't be made when we already have thrown weapons like Corrosive attack chip and we have Grenade Launchers! I seriously can't understand why you don't realize that! (actually, I think you DO, but you really just don't want to admit you're wrong)

Hand thrown corrosive chips... Stop it!!! You're killing me, mkay? :laugh: :laugh:

And we have grenade LAUNCHERS because the system requires a TOOL that decays - you don't get it, you STILL don't get it - i seriously don't know whether should i laugh or cry about your posts.

It's pretty obvious that thrown hand grenades can easily be designed using the current game mechanics! :yup:

Yeah, keep telling yourself that you're right - it won't change reality though, but it will make you FEEL BETTER!!!

and you don't need to tell me "don't post, don't address me, don't quote me"... I'll post what I want, where I want, when I feel like it... you can post, quote, address me all you want!... I wouldn't tell anyone on forums to stop posting! Everyone is entitled to post, it's public forums! Just deal with it maturely!

I didn't ask you to stop posting, this is a free forum - i just asked you nicely to no longer address me - now you're a stubborn kid and decided to ignore my (very reasonable) request...
And like every spoiled kid you have to deal with the consequences (my ignore list is such a cozy place!!)

and to clarify, my comparison is directed at this quote from your post...

you say "try to find a picture of an "used-up grenade"...
I say "show me a sword you can't swing"...

the relevance is they are both the result of a "used-up" weapon in-game!

(I think you knew that, but are just trying to talk in circles to discredit me)

Yeah, whatever, i think everyone has already noticed that this debate is, as far as you are concerned, nothing but worst trolling - you conveniently ignore that you do not THROW a sword at your enemy, it is no ranged weapon.

Last line before you vanish forever:
I don't need to discredit you - you're doing a way better job at this than i ever could!!

t
Aia, have you read my post in this thread?
(Just think about it: Where would you put i.e. the SIB values on that invisible launcher? On the grenades? Grenades are stackable, stackables (as we have them now) are not designed in a way that allows this... )

Read the underlined part:
The grenades will have to kinds of properties, though joined together for the user. One part is the property of the grenade itself, such as weight and TT value/each. Other properties technically belongs to the virtual weapon but is displayed on the grenade; properties like professional level, damage done and such.

There are two things that needs to be implemented: First, chain a virtual item to a non-equippable item, so that equipping a stackable item causes the virtual item to be equipped.
Secondly (a clarification), the possibility to do two database lookups when viewing informaiton about an item; that is when you view stats on a grenade, it will first to a lookup on the grenade stackable (and thus find out properties for the stackable item like weight/each and TT value/each) - that is typical ammo properties, and then do a second database lookup to get information about the virtual item like SIB values, damage done (since this depends on SIB value) and other typical weapon properties. The only odd things would be that the the TT value of the virtual item should be 0, decay 0, useability limit 0% and weight 0. As these values doesn't apply for a virtual item (consider the hand holding a grenade) these values should be hidden. As for tier values, since you (the user) never sees the virtual item in inventory, there is no place to attach enhancers and as you can't see it you practically can't upgrade tier values, so the virtual item/grenades wouldn't have tier values.

I don't think it's a big change when it comes to coding, though I realize that any change can bring new bugs for related and completely unrelated systems.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you throw the chip, I'm saying the chip acts as a thrown weapon...

to be more clear, since you don't understand things that are quite easy to understand...

the weapon uses a projectile that is hand thrown... when someone get's hit by a player using a corrosive attack chip, they are hit by a hand thrown projectile!

and I am not a kid for your info! (nor am I spoiled)

Let's take this quote I love so much since it works completely under the way you describe how weapons must work...
"Grenade" (or Grenades) can be either a (L) or repairable item, it takes X amount of TT per use, no ammo
(decays like a sword, but fires a projectile like a grenade launcher)
  • (State 1 to 2) - You equip the Grenade
  • (State 2 to 3) - You "throw"/use the Grenade, but it remains "held"/equipped
    The animation shows the grenade thrown! It appears to leave your hand, fly through the air and land
    Your hand only appears empty, but the grenade you see after "fired" is a projectile
    (just as grenades leave a grenade launcher)
  • (State 3 to 2) - The Grenade reloads! Reload process completes, the grenade reappears in your hand
    (animation complete)
  • (State 2 to 1) - You can then unequip the Grenade

let's say (for example) it's 100 ped TT, it's (L), has 3% condition limit, 1 ped/use, no ammo
It's not a stackable item... it's equip, use, reload, re-use/unequip... 1-2-3, and operates as I've quoted above...
The grenade is the tool that decays with each use... there is no "last grenade"...
When it reaches minimum condition, it's still held until you unequip it and go TT it
It operates as a melee weapon or a gun (the held grenade is the weapon)...
It "fires" (launches/throws/expels, etc.) a projectile (the thrown grenade)
And so with that description... your ONLY problem is that when it reaches minimum condition, you are still holding a grenade you can't throw...

Tell me, how is that weapon "impossible" to create? what is the problem exactly? just that you are holding a grenade you can't throw when the weapon is used up?!... just as when the swords we have in-game get used up you can't swing them? :poke:

you have absolutely no logical argument!

Last edited:
Read the underlined part:

I have read that already before my post, and i wonder if you have ever seen a database table...

Show me stackables that have a SIB value or can be equipped and i will consider your objection.

The system could be changed that way, yes - but that'd require numerous changes - SO many changes, you could as well redesign it from scratch.

And we have grenade LAUNCHERS because the system requires a TOOL that decays

Really, can you prove that the system needs a launcher? You have insight in exactly which development tools are available to MindArk and the planet partners? Good for you :coffee:

Oh and FYI, "we have no throwable weapon" is no proof that it is impossible to have one with the current system, it only shows that no one has developed one yet and that it is possible that the system does not allow it.

Anyways, as was posted already it is completely possible to simply bypass this by having a Grenade Satchel be the "Launcher" and make an ammo worth 1PED and have it use one of those, give the "Launch" effect a throwing animation and then act like a grenade from a grenade launcher after that. Decay, SIB and whatever can be on the satchel you claim is needed to make it possible.

Really, can you prove that the system needs a launcher? You have insight in exactly which development tools are available to MindArk and the planet partners? Good for you :coffee:

I don't have to prove anything - everyone with enough knowledge about computer software will confirm that it is done the way i have outlined it - there are technical constraints that leave you with only little choice.

You don't have to believe me, that's fine, but i am not going to argue about beliefs... that's useless.

Oh and FYI, "we have no throwable weapon" is no proof that it is impossible to have one with the current system, it only shows that no one has developed one yet and that it is possible that the system does not allow it.

I have never said that it is not possible - there are a lot of posts in this thread, a lot of posts you obviously haven't read.

Anyways, as was posted already it is completely possible to simply bypass this by having a Grenade Satchel be the "Launcher" and make an ammo worth 1PED and have it use one of those, give the "Launch" effect a throwing animation and then act like a grenade from a grenade launcher after that. Decay, SIB and whatever can be on the satchel you claim is needed to make it possible.

You completely missed the point.

There is a system that works like this - it is called "Grenade launcher".

Try to understand the problem before you post again.

if it were to be made that way, I would still compare it more to Corrosive attack chip...

the box-of-grenades = the chip
explosive projectiles = the ammo

the animation would just replace the dripping corrosive mindforce with a grenade, since it's already a hand thrown projectile animation!
I have never said that it is not possible - there are a lot of posts in this thread, a lot of posts you obviously haven't read.
yes he must not have read this post...
There is a reason, several actually, that makes it impossible to use thrown weapons as the system works now...
you assume everyone who disagrees with you didn't read your posts... maybe they DID read your posts, and that's WHY they disagree with you! :yup:
Did you really understand my post? It seems you skipped the main parts.
Admit it: You haven't read my posts, not at all, or at least not the one where i explain the states.
Thank you for proving my point: You did not read my posts, let alone understand them.
Finally you found out that you

1. haven't really read my posts

Last edited:
I have read that already before my post, and i wonder if you have ever seen a database table...

Something like
SELECT 'Free' as "Info", SUM(bytes) as "Size" from dba_free_space UNION
SELECT 'Total',SUM(size) FROM dba_data_files;
?
(I might have missed something minor above)

Or
SET HEAD OFF
SELECT 'DESC ' || tname || ';' FROM TAB;

or
ALTER TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rs_huge;
CREATE TABLE mytable_backup TABLESPACE ts_junk AS SELECT * FROM mytable;

Last edited:
I don't have to prove anything - everyone with enough knowledge about computer software will confirm that it is done the way i have outlined it - there are technical constraints that leave you with only little choice.

You also said it is possible to change it so that it works. Then how do you know that change has not already been made?

I have never said that it is not possible

Yes you did, Tychoon even quoted you saying it.

You completely missed the point.

No, but I obviously should not have assumed that it was very obvious that part of the post was not related to the original problem but rather a comment on the way around the problems you described without changing the system.

Yes, there is a tool like that and this would simply be an animation change. That is why I said it was a bypass of the problem, not a solution.

this thread is dripping with ass mulch . Its not even funny any more ,just painful to read.

those that believe it is impossible do not understand anything about games engines or coding .

It would be easier if the grenades were the same , launcher,ammo ,decay, damage (like grenade launcher the coder could simply copy the code for any gun and change some numbers and heypresto a grenade launcher.just add physics to the projectile and an avatar animation)

for grenade with no launcher the coder cant copy paste , its not in the game yet , so he writs a new system for the grenade .

NO PROGRAM IS LIMITED BY THE PREVIOUS CODE .(or there would be no guns because the sky system doesn't allow it .)

Something like
SELECT 'Free' as "Info", SUM(bytes) as "Size" from dba_free_space UNION
SELECT 'Total',SUM(size) FROM dba_data_files;
?
(I might have missed something minor above)

Or
SET HEAD OFF
SELECT 'DESC ' || tname || ';' FROM TAB;

or
ALTER TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rs_huge;
CREATE TABLE mytable_backup TABLESPACE ts_junk AS SELECT * FROM mytable;

:lolup:

Nice try, makes as much sense as Tycoons posts.

A simple "no, i haven't (ever seen a database table)" would've been sufficient.

You also said it is possible to change it so that it works. Then how do you know that change has not already been made?

Sorry, cannot comment on this: my built-in "beliefs proximity alert" just went off!

And if you still want an answer, pick one from below:

- MAs coders are inept and can't change it?!
- MA doesn't want their coders to waste time on a system we already have (grenades)?!
- MA doesn't see a need at all, because we already HAVE a system that DOES fulfill all the requirements (utilizing launchers)?!

Yes you did, Tychoon even quoted you saying it.

Tycoon is on ignore, and i prefer to not open his posts.

However, i DO know what i said - i am 100% sure it was conditional ( = under circumstances XYZ only) or quoted out of context to make it appear like i said it - trust me, i did not.

No, but I obviously should not have assumed that it was very obvious that part of the post was not related to the original problem but rather a comment on the way around the problems you described without changing the system.

I was the ONLY one referring to the "HAND thrown, w/o tool/weapon/whatever" problem - read the opening post maybe? And this was ALL i commented on, we have launchers and they work fine, nothing to add there from my side.

Yes, there is a tool like that and this would simply be an animation change. That is why I said it was a bypass of the problem, not a solution.

Your workaround is exactly what MA did as they introduced launchers. That is not the problem i am discussing here. Why do you comment at all if you talk about something entirely different?

Nice try, makes as much sense as Tycoons posts.

A simple "no, i haven't (ever seen a database table)" would've been sufficient.

Well, consider the table DUAL, it looks something like this:

D(*)
-
X
(*) Full column name is "DUMMY", truncated above.

There you have a database table. It's a table with one row (and one column), containing one character "X".

Besides the potential risk for bugs, you still haven't said exactly in what way my solution is hard to implement. Of course you need to do some changes but not that tough ones.

Last edited:
Did you really understand my post? It seems you skipped the main parts.
Admit it: You haven't read my posts, not at all, or at least not the one where i explain the states.
Thank you for proving my point: You did not read my posts, let alone understand them.
Finally you found out that you

1. haven't really read my posts
Tycoon is on ignore, and i prefer to not open his posts.
hah! Now he's not reading my posts!

he can't stand that I've destroyed his flawed logic and shown many times how easily a hand thrown grenade could be designed to operate under the current game mechanics!

just because he has me on ignore, won't stop me from proving him wrong to everybody else every time he posts incorrect information and ridiculous theories! :wise:

(if anything it will just make him look even more foolish... fine by me!) :lolup:

Well, consider the table DUAL, it looks something like this:

D(*)
-
X
(*) Full column name is "DUMMY", truncated above.

There you have a database table. It's a table with one row (and one column), containing one character "X".

Aia, c'mon - just admit that you have no idea.

A database with one column... makes hardly sense - but a database with one ROW?! :laugh:

Besides the potential risk for bugs, you still haven't said exactly in what way my solution is hard to implement. Of course you need to do some changes but not that tough ones.

Risk for bugs? I have already told you that stackables can't have SIB (and all the other stuff you can see on an items info page) - there are more reasons, but seriously, i will not repeat the entire thread for you and nighthawk - don't be so lazy, READ it!

Back