Ways to make RL money to cover EU costs.....

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
Let's face it.... in order to REALLY enjoy playing EU you have to spend quite a bit (if you want to chase the HoFs, have nice gear, etc.)

Figured I'd start this thread so other players can throw out simple RL ideas to earn some extra income without tapping into your day job funds to play EU. Now we're talking small cash stuff here... not everyone has 100k to spend on CLD's so they can afford their weekly costs to play.....

1.) Bartering - Many people out there will "trade down" for something they REALLY want. Then you can sell the more valuable item you get from them for some added RL coin. Most of the big "buy sell trade" websites have a barter section.

2.) Scouring thrift stores - As an example I ran across a small brass door knocker the other day at a thrift store. Turns out the 2$ door knocker was a Charles Dickens door knocker worth $50 on e-bay. There are MANY treasures out there that you can easilly pay a couple bucks for an sell for 10 or 20 and have fun doing it while you're at it.

3.) DVD/BluRay movies.... Buy box loads at yard sales for minimal cash then turn them in to your local used DVD shop for a couple bucks each. Simply tell the seller "I'll take the whole box for XX$" Box sets of seasons or triliogies, etc. are worth pretty good money at second hand movie stores.

Any other shallow pocket methods of making a few bucks out there? (Please keep it LEGAL!)

Menace

:laugh: I thought pitch was the other way around.

Searching for coins and stuff with metal detector. Works for my socmate. Eventually you can have better ATH than in Entropia...

1) Get paid from day job

2) Look at the stock market and go ALL-IN on one share.

3) Make enough for a decent EU deposit, and get out quick.

4) Buy Peds :yay:

Well it's an option, and you did ask..LOL

It's risky and you could lose your arse (although not as risky as gamblling since you still own the asset, if the price drops).

It's been a while, think I need to play the markets again at some point in the future.

Rick

Let's face it.... in order to REALLY enjoy playing EU you have to spend quite a bit (if you want to chase the HoFs, have nice gear, etc.)

Figured I'd start this thread so other players can throw out simple RL ideas to earn some extra income without tapping into your day job funds to play EU. Now we're talking small cash stuff here... not everyone has 100k to spend on CLD's so they can afford their weekly costs to play.....

1.) Bartering - Many people out there will "trade down" for something they REALLY want. Then you can sell the more valuable item you get from them for some added RL coin. Most of the big "buy sell trade" websites have a barter section.

2.) Scouring thrift stores - As an example I ran across a small brass door knocker the other day at a thrift store. Turns out the 2$ door knocker was a Charles Dickens door knocker worth $50 on e-bay. There are MANY treasures out there that you can easilly pay a couple bucks for an sell for 10 or 20 and have fun doing it while you're at it.

3.) DVD/BluRay movies.... Buy box loads at yard sales for minimal cash then turn them in to your local used DVD shop for a couple bucks each. Simply tell the seller "I'll take the whole box for XX$" Box sets of seasons or triliogies, etc. are worth pretty good money at second hand movie stores.

Any other shallow pocket methods of making a few bucks out there? (Please keep it LEGAL!)

Menace

True
Or you could do same thing ingame with different items - but be ready it is called reselling ;)

what about just having a normal job IRL? :eyecrazy:

Well what I notice is the trend goes as follows...

1) person is working IRL
2) person budgets according to RL income
3) person finds EU and really wants to play at a higher level but doesn't have any real room in their budget for an expensive video game.
Or
3b) person can't justify spending significant hard earned RL money on a video game.

So my suggestions are a fun way to make a few extra bucks without needing any large sum in your pocket.

Love the metal detector idea by the way! Exercise, fresh air, and there's always the potential to find a mod fap under the dirt!

Menace

True
Or you could do same thing ingame with different items - but be ready it is called reselling ;)

Wow.... great idea for a player with no real sum of in game assets! Stand around spamming chat all day for 10 bucks u.s.

Menace

Deleted for obvious reasons lol ;)

Last edited:
Wow.... great idea for a player with no real sum of in game assets! Stand around spamming chat all day for 10 bucks u.s.

Menace

It is much less time consuming than real life activities you named, and you can make 5-10 times as much :) And you can start out with few ped,same as in reallife you need little money to start.

get 6 right in bingo/lotto lottery, what ever :)

I have been doing payed emails since I started playing entropia, because I didn't want to put more real household cash in entropia.

SELL CRACK!

pDOwc.jpg

Option 1:
Cut down real life costs: For example cut down on other entertainment e.g. movies, restaurant, drinking etc.
Use savings from real life cost cuts for EU.

Notice this option assumes you enjoy EU more than other real life entertainments. If this is not the case then this method is not for you.

Option 2:
Get a real full-time job which you enjoy doing. Then use some of the funds from job for EU. If you play to chase hof's (which is the wrong way to play the game) then set a strict budget e.g. $15 per month and never ever exceed that. Use that to chase your hof.

A smarter aproach would be to use that budget to play the game but not to chase hof's but to level up slowly by completing iron missions on small mobs. All the while observing and learning and adjusting set-up and reducing cost to play.

Option 3:
Run a service in game. Run it really well. This service could be running events on LA's for landowners, healing service, transport service etc etc

Sometimes use the proceeds from this service to fund other activities e.g. to level up slowly by completing iron missions on small mobs.

Option 4:
Look at what you enjoy doing in real life. Interests and hobbies etc.
Consider if it's possible to make use of that in game.
Notice this could be something quite original that no one has done before in game. Think it through before trying to make a go of it to increase chances of success.
Notice this could be a difficult option as there may not be any existing body of knowledge on the matter because it's original.

It may be that it is not possible. In which case keep it in mind for future if things change perhaps possible in future.

Option 5:
This option is a work in progress and classified.

Option 6:
Join a eco-friendly society. Learn from their advice on how to play eco e.g. not to ever chase after hof's.

Option 7:
Mix of some of the other options.

Option 8:
? Think.

or if you have a AMD video card you can mine bitcoins for me and ill pay in ped

Feeling sexy, love to f.... and go on holidays for cash ? : Go get a sugga mommy....easy cash and sometimes a chat will do ^^

Wanna be a treasure hunter like on Ark ? : Go sweep the car parks just after the morning rush hour next to the expensive cars (hour a day) see if you can find some diamonds on the tarmac next to beemers etc

Wanna be entry level trader like in EU ? : Go to auction houses, bid and get stuff dirt cheap and resell on ebay or wherever..

Wanna be a bad guy punishing bad guys ? : Get a crew to shake down the pickpockets on your turf, make em pay taxes. Who they gonna tell ? (Ok dont do this shit)

Just a few more interesting "fun" ways u can make a little bundle if you dont wanna go for the cut and paste suite and tie world. Can still upgrade even at this low level, secure, expand or outsource.

The list goes on and on and a more serious one also ^^, Fact is, if you're not a self starter, go look for someone who is. Not everyone is meant to be a boss.

DCF

Last edited:
I play when at work :ahh: wich means I get paid loosing peds :dunce:

I also collect all empty redbull cans at work, wich means i get about +100 -150 peds / week in just recycling

I have an AMD card - how does that work?

As for the topic: See my sig! ;)

I wash windows on the corner with my spray bottle and a dirty rag, its the equivalent of sweating in eu...

Looking into it, seems you need a custom chip to get more than 0.50c day, nowadays (src: http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/1/3941768/new-chips-mine-bitcoins-50-times-faster ). And those custom chips aren't making the $100+ a day they were when they first came out.
I'm still looking into it (have tonnes of PC's lying around that could be utilized) but the more I look the more of an initial outlay ($1500+) seems to be necessary and I think I missed the train on this one (bitcoin mining) already.

I wash windows on the corner with my spray bottle and a dirty rag, its the equivalent of sweating in eu...

In my country, the guys who (illegally) stand at traffic lights and wash windows, make a fkn killing!
So much so that they've organised themselves into "cliques" (I know one clique that has over 15 members) and distribute the work evenly amongst members, who provide protection and surveillance for each other from other "cliques" and the pigs.

Personally I don't give them anything, ever(!) but people often slip them $5+ and they do 1000's of cars a day.
Even if on average they only get 20c per car, that's $200+ per day. That's not bad for the "equivalent of sweating".

Many people would be surprised to know how much money desperate people can make doing the most basic things. Even begging, you'd be surprised how much money you can make thanks to the power of numbers.

I used to keep my ears to the street and I knew a lot of homeless or people in bad situations.
Peak time (4pm-7pm) midcity in Auckland CBD, you'd average 100+ people walking past you per minute.
If you can average 1 cent per person income from begging (the smallest denomination in our country is 10c, so 1 in 10 people give 10c which is relatively safe assumption!) that's $1 per minute or $60 hour from begging!

Got a camera on that shiny new phone or tablet? Go shoot a bunch of stuff and sell it as stock photography. Been doing that a few years. Have not made much on it, but I haven't really focused too much on it primarily either yet. I have made enough to pay for a couple of cameras so it paid for itself though.

Think outside of the box. It's strange as hell but not really that strange... some of my 'best sellers' have been pics of asphalt textures on parking lots. The abstract designs interest me aesthetically. The game designers making games with cars in them love the stuff.

Be creative.

Do you write? Write a book. Tons of folks take on NANOWRIMO and write an entire novel in November each year... places like cafepress allow you to publish stuff like that and even grab your own isbn in doing it.

some claim that they do surveys online. That sounds boring as hell to me, and like it might be putting yourself at risk to tons of survey sites that spread worms - but hey, if you get a kick out of that sort of stuff - go ahead.

Recycle cans and pick em up and recycle if you live in a place that pays for recycling (many places don't any more these days).

some of those recyclable ink cartridge places pay about 3 bucks a cartridge if you turn over cartridges to them. Lots of other recyclable options out there too...

Go get a paper route... job at fast food restaurant part time, etc. You really are only limited by your imagination.

Last edited:

Menace

I am suddenly envisioning loads of EU players standing at the central square in their city, yelling "Buying brass doorknockers (104%), DVD's (110%)"

Looking into it, seems you need a custom chip to get more than 0.50c day, nowadays (src: http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/1/3941768/new-chips-mine-bitcoins-50-times-faster ). And those custom chips aren't making the $100+ a day they were when they first came out.
I'm still looking into it (have tonnes of PC's lying around that could be utilized) but the more I look the more of an initial outlay ($1500+) seems to be necessary and I think I missed the train on this one (bitcoin mining) already.

I was buying up old 5850's off eBay, cutting off the fingers to fix 1X pcie sots and making around 1usd a card a day. I make a little more then that a day now around 1.20 usd with the price of coins atm but no longer buy cards with the new asic's coming "super chips". the 5850 is kinda the imk2 of gpu mining at 385m-hash/s and a used cost of around 80usd. a few groups are in the final stages of production on new ic's designed for hashing. they are going to be dirt cheap and nice and fast. they will destroy the gpu mining rigs and even the fpga ones but they are not shipping yet and even when they do availability is a joke. 6 months from now it wont be worth gpu mining but for now its still fair. much better if you are a 15 year old living at home where mom and dad pay the power bill yet you cannot deposit. the power bill will go up a buck or two a month and you are earning bitcoins for sleeping.

so with the asic's you can get on a new train only problem is they are pre ordered months and months back. the people selling them dont even have any yet and it could be a year for you to get your hands on one. BFL is looking to have the best asic atm.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/ good luck getting one

I have an AMD card - how does that work?

As for the topic: See my sig! ;)

jump on youtube enter "bitcoin gpu mining" then hit go. in short you run this app when you are not using your computer. the system will be to keep it simple "computing" and for all the work it dose you are granted a value of bitoins.

the amd Vs. Nvidia thing has nothing to do with the quality of the cards though. its the stream cores V.s cuda cores. just like the lesser number of more powerful cuda cores are better for folding@home the thousands of stream cores are better for the more simple task of hashing to make it simple.

I am suddenly envisioning loads of EU players standing at the central square in their city, yelling "Buying brass doorknockers (104%), DVD's (110%)"

"In today's news: a buyer accidentally handed over a briefcase of money for a dvd, police says that all trades are final"

Back