Unbalanced Merry Mayhem TEN

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
Message to MA, Kim, whoever.

I understand that this is a luck based event - thus for all categories the chances to get points should be equal. However this is not the case, according to my points and what I hear from others.

Spent my 40 hours in Cave 4 (Stalker to Slayer).
During this time, looted 0x 500/1000 points and whopping 3x fully developed.
Average points per hour, close to 96.
And I hear that in Cave 1 to 2, the twin and mutated sacs are anything but rare.
100-200 points in hour, easy peasy. Some get 600 in a hour.

No good MU loots from the higher maturities, either.
So what's the point with Cave 3 and 4? Are we supposed to feel very satisfied because we are able to kill maturties we should not be killing?

P.S.
Disabling "trapped" message in caves? Really? All these noobs killing slayers with no decay, way to go. Or is this just smart hunting like strafing away from proterons.

Last edited:
Im doing low dps in this event, around 55-60 only in low maturity, done around 5 hours so far maybe and looted 3 (three) 5 point sacs and have around 140 points so dont think the high point sac are very common here either...

I have 17 points from around 350 ped ammo on the run im currently on, i have heard some ppl have around 10 points/100 ped ammo for average, im way below that.

The twin/mutated aren't that common from my perspective, 21hrs so far and looted none although I am averaging more than 96/hr.

Loot is crap too, 50 globals and i have 2 polaris pieces and an L chip to my name.

All caves are open to everyone so I guess you can't complain because you chose to do them all in cave 4.

According to Dave from arkadia, trapping is part of the tactics you can use in intances. However, he was talking about the arkadia instances and they don't have normal mobs like these caves do.

just because you talked to one guy whos been lucky with sacs drops doesent mean the rest of us is doing any better than you.

If you really think you have a better chance in the low caves just try them and use your superior firepower to kill as much low level Feffox as possible. The only reason you ain't doing this is you ain't believing in the stuff you're suggesting...

Not looted any ESI's yet ?

Maybe you should quit, MA clearly hate you.

You could do the lower caves, although I guess that will wreck your 'street cred'

Last edited:
Message to MA, Kim, whoever.

I understand that this is a luck based event -

thanks for your understanding, ok, thanks, goodbye ;)
and yes, why did you then not do the lower instances if this is what you believe? doh?

I think this MM is one of the most fair. Otherwise i would not join it, like all MM before, since 7 years playing.
But that is my opinion.

Unbalanced whining thread
Message to girtsn whoever,

stfu and kill those nub mobs if they are that great :yup:

Theres a possibility that poeple who are in the lower caves are killing mobs faster = more mobs killed = more chance :) maybe it takes too long for you to kill the big mobs :)

just a thought :tongue2:

Theres a possibility that poeple who are in the lower caves are killing mobs faster = more mobs killed = more chance :) maybe it takes too long for you to kill the big mobs :)
just a thought :tongue2:
I am assuming something like that is the system - chances are per kills. Which is why I created the post. There is no way your chances are better killing more HP mobs the way that it is set up.
Ppl in cave 1 and 2 report 100-200 points per hour.
For the others in this post, relax, your hate will eat you from inside. I am just observing and posting facts. Guess some of you are mad because of reavealing that trapping is easy in the caves.
Would be interesting to see how many of the top10 will be from cave1 and 2, assuming all of them.

This is bulshit everyone in Ao and warrants etc is in lower caves. I just stuck with cave4 because thought MA has implemented event so that it is worthwile also there. Well I should have known better.
If you really think you have a better chance in the low caves just try them and use your superior firepower to kill as much low level Feffox as possible. The only reason you ain't doing this is you ain't believing in the stuff you're suggesting...

I can't really complain about the loot though it was far better than last normal mayhem. But I tiered arsonistic chip, chronicle parts kill maximum per hour. For nothing.

I am assuming something like that is the system - chances are per kills. Which is why I created the post. There is no way your chances are better killing more HP mobs the way that it is set up.
Ppl in cave 1 and 2 report 100-200 points per hour.
For the others in this post, relax, your hate will eat you from inside. I am just observing and posting facts. Guess some of you are mad because of reavealing that trapping is easy in the caves.
Would be interesting to see how many of the top10 will be from cave1 and 2, assuming all of them.

Your aware there are people in the higher caves making 1000+ plus an hour.

So your argument is invalid.

Its like you're not reading and taking in what people are telling you, you seem to be living in your own world.

All in all just wait for the results, and i will personally give you 10,000peds if anyone from the top 5 have been killing the lower level ones.

Edit: also your not posting facts. Your facts are wrong, therefore not facts.

Maybe you should quit, MA clearly hate you.
You could do the lower caves, although I guess that will wreck your 'street cred'

Out of curiosity who exactly are you refering to should quit? smilgs? niedra? or girts? or all five. :hammer:

Your aware there are people in the higher caves making 1000+ plus an hour.

So your argument is invalid.

Its like you're not reading and taking in what people are telling you, you seem to be living in your own world.

All in all just wait for the results, and i will personally give you 10,000peds if anyone from the top 5 have been killing the lower level ones.

ow,this will be interesting :)
cause im pretty sure top 5 will consist also of players that have done cave 1 at least partially
im at 1400 points orso after 20 hours in cave 2 with tiered longbolts..which is superior firepower to most players

but i also know some players that had 700 points in cave 1 after like the first 10 minutes

soooo..i guess your out of 10k ped,but im pretty sure you wont pay it anyway

ps; lets make it an sidebet here to make it interesting,

if any 1 of top 5 in mayhem TEN has an global on a feffox young/old you owe me 200 ped
if none of top 5 in mayhem TEn has an global on feffox young/old
i will pay you 200 peds

so,even odds..willing to take bet ?
ps;id expect you to uphold to it as will i

Last edited:
Damn, this event might pay off after-all! Thanks, I appreciate it!
Tell me which statement from my first post is wrong and you can prove it, I might give you some of your 10k back.

Oh look the guy/girl paying for everything he/she has in game is sad about others paying people to play for him... Oh you sad rich Norwegian troll :)
Out of curiosity who exactly are you refering to should quit? smilgs? niedra? or girts? or all five. :hammer:

Disabling "trapped" message in caves? Really? All these noobs killing slayers with no decay, way to go. Or is this just smart hunting like strafing away from proterons.

Kim Welter: Trapping logic is disabled in all instances.
Calypso Support: This is unintended and could be considered an exploit.

Others have told me Dave of Arkadia stating trapping is part of the strategy to be used in instances.

I suggested they simply increase the range at which Feffox can do damage... adding only a few meters would eliminate all the perches that can be used to trap in the nests. Instead of listening to my suggestion, they turned off my loot and I've lost over a thousand PED in only a few hours after reporting the problem.

Whoa? You could trap the cat 4 feffox? I have done 40h, if only I knew earlier. I could only do cat 3 max with my armor. :(

I was wondering how could some just global from only providers or alphas. It all made sense now.

I don't think the lower cats are that great. I did a few cat 1 wasn't that awesome and I'm sure some people got lucky in there. The higher cats was better for me. I guess its picking the right level of mob for your gear.

I'm unsure what to make of all this either. So far I feel I have been getting a lot of points, but I have no idea
what to think of other peoples reports. My first thought was that seeing globals at least, there is only a handful of players that can do cave 4. If those same people are the ones that win, then I think the event is BS IMO.
It's unrealistic to make an entire cave that only 10 people can really hunt. You can say I'm jealous or something, I just think if it's the case that a huge minority of players can do that cave it's kinda dumb. But that is another subject in itself.
I don't know anything about this trapping stuff, nor do I want to mess with it.
My limited time in cave 2 showed it was very very hard and never worth it. I got more points in cave 1. I'm gonna stick there and see what happens.
I think the event is more fair for everyone because some luck in involved. How it's played out is yet to be seen. If ubers are "wasting" their time in cave 4 or if almost everyone is in cave 1 it just sounds all messed up.
Cave 3 even get any love? :laugh:

I've only done a handful of hours, but so far my points in cat 1 suck, far below 100/hr.

ow,this will be interesting :)
cause im pretty sure top 5 will consist also of players that have done cave 1 at least partially
im at 1400 points orso after 20 hours in cave 2 with tiered longbolts..which is superior firepower to most players

but i also know some players that had 700 points in cave 1 after like the first 10 minutes

soooo..i guess your out of 10k ped,but im pretty sure you wont pay it anyway

ps; lets make it an sidebet here to make it interesting,

if any 1 of top 5 in mayhem TEN has an global on a feffox young/old you owe me 200 ped
if none of top 5 in mayhem TEn has an global on feffox young/old
i will pay you 200 peds

so,even odds..willing to take bet ?
ps;id expect you to uphold to it as will i

I would not be too sure, top 5 might all come from cave 1.

My score, less than 20 hours, cave 1 only, and I have been taking it slow.

I know some have more than points then me.
Good change you might lose that bet.

Good luck with the event everyone.

I add from my own observation, so this is unconfirmed.

When I started hunting feffox last thursday, loot was good but didn't get much sacs.
Friday my loot crashed but I got more sacs.

Might be completely wrong, but it could be,
High loot = less sacs.
Low loot = more sacs.

I got sacs from rotton to fully developed in cave 1.

I add from my own observation, so this is unconfirmed.

When I started hunting feffox last thursday, loot was good but didn't get much sacs.
Friday my loot crashed but I got more sacs.

Might be completely wrong, but it could be,
High loot = less sacs.
Low loot = more sacs.

I got sacs from rotton to fully developed in cave 1.

For me its more like.

Low loot = less sacs.

Very low loot = less sacs

:beerchug: cheers

I would not be too sure, top 5 might all come from cave 1.

My score, less than 20 hours, cave 1 only, and I have been taking it slow.

I know some have more than points then me.
Good change you might lose that bet.

Good luck with the event everyone.

i never said or thought that top5 will all be from cave 1,but jennifer said that of the top5 finishers none will have even 1 global in the low cave....and that i think is not the case

for instance,i think syrinx will be top5 and he has globals in cave 2+1

but i have not seen jennifer post that she will take the bet,so i reckon she agrees with me

i never said or thought that top5 will all be from cave 1,but jennifer said that of the top5 finishers none will have even 1 global in the low cave....and that i think is not the case
for instance,i think syrinx will be top5 and he has globals in cave 2+1
but i have not seen jennifer post that she will take the bet,so i reckon she agrees with me
True you didn't say that, I did and why ?

I will try to explain it here, so everyone can read it and have a change at the top 5.

For years players have complained that most events are won, by those who have the highest skills,
gear and a lot of peds. Because of what I have heard and seen in game.
Also because of what Gritsn wrote in the opening post.
I think this year Mindark changed this event so everyone has a real change of winning.

How ?

Well how many big Feffox can you kill in an hour and do they all drop sacs ?
When I started this event, I went to the nest near Boreas and noticed provider
and guardian took a bit of work for me to take down.
As I didn't have any intention to really compete I went to cave 1.
There I did in my slow pace around 70 an hour with medium dps.

I believe if Gritsn had gone to cave 1 and killed as much as Feffox as possible in an hour.
His points would be a lot more. Higher kill rate is more chances of looting more sacs.
Because the sacs seems to loot randomly.

Because of this, I think who will be in the top 5 might surprise us all.
Skills and gear seem to matter a lot less this event.

I agree, I might be wrong here, but it looks to me that Mindark surprised us all. :laugh:

Last edited:
Back