abuse by pirate using summonfucntion

Well, the first cld payout from a full week of no responses has been somewhat on the low side, but could also be partly migration no longer getting so much action or crafting possibly lower due to the apparently unannounced success rate changes. A quick look at the sharp drop in residue MU would indicate something has happened at any rate...
So, what happens now? Do we continue the topic or slowly let it fade - along with the memories of those people for whom this issue is important and critical?
Has anyone noted further summons, though? I saw someone mention being added to GL at the weekend, but not of any actual summons resulting from it....

I say you keep it highly visible, along with other abuses of bugs that happened not so long ago.

I'll log in next when MindArk either acknowledge on the former or act on the former.

I cant believe that there has so far been no response from MA on this. This is one of the longest threads out there and I find it hard to accept that no one from MA has read this. I am sure they have, at least a "we are aware of th e problem and looking into it" would at least be an acknowledgement of this post

I cant believe that there has so far been no response from MA on this. This is one of the longest threads out there and I find it hard to accept that no one from MA has read this. I am sure they have, at least a "we are aware of th e problem and looking into it" would at least be an acknowledgement of this post

MindArk also hasn't responded in the thread I started at Entropia Forum in the "Ask MindArk" section. Silence is only making it worse, and I don't think we should let this be swept under the virtual rug.

Well, the first cld payout from a full week of no responses has been somewhat on the low side, but could also be partly migration no longer getting so much action or crafting possibly lower due to the apparently unannounced success rate changes. A quick look at the sharp drop in residue MU would indicate something has happened at any rate...
So, what happens now? Do we continue the topic or slowly let it fade - along with the memories of those people for whom this issue is important and critical?
Has anyone noted further summons, though? I saw someone mention being added to GL at the weekend, but not of any actual summons resulting from it....

could that be from the 'summer break' some people take? tho I did read a that the projection was based on the last 3 months.. but then you talking about the actual payout.. not sure if they calculate that on the weeks performance. i dont think they do actuallu

:)

I can't believe ma hasn't just disabled the summon function. This is the kind of scam which will make people quit... Luckily I haven't logged in for awhile.... Seems like that is the best move, don't log in until something is done about it....

I can't believe ma hasn't just disabled the summon function. This is the kind of scam which will make people quit... Luckily I haven't logged in for awhile.... Seems like that is the best move, don't log in until something is done about it....

Depends on how they made the solution for it, might have to change code for it,
doubt there is a check box for On and Off thou'... ;)
PvP lootable option should have it thou' for that area (space).

The thing is most of the people that probably got summoned by this exploit will be new players with limited amounts of loot/ ped . Folks just "trying" out the game who havent been completely hooked yet.

These are MA's future long term customers , if this happened to me in my first week or so I would just say fuck this, and go and do something else for my entertainement.

Wake up MA !

The thing is most of the people that probably got summoned by this exploit will be new players with limited amounts of loot/ ped . Folks just "trying" out the game who havent been completely hooked yet.

These are MA's future long term customers , if this happened to me in my first week or so I would just say fuck this, and go and do something else for my entertainement.

Wake up MA !

Specially if they are stuck at spacestation and can't TP down... maybe MA should
remove the fees for space for now?

I was thinking about this as my friend was telling me he had just been added to the guest list on Saturday. I think the Summon notification should appear in the upper-right corner of the screen like trade requests, chat requests, etc... and disappear after 10 seconds or so.

EDIT: why are people saying to pack welding wire and repair his ship to full SI? I don't understand how that helps anybody but him :scratch2:

Last edited:
EDIT: why are people saying to pack welding wire and repair his ship to full SI? I don't understand how that helps anybody but him :scratch2:

Because they (the pirates) need to destroy the ship by shooting at it with their Quads. Only then they can loot the players floating in space. If it is fully repaired it costs more for them to destroy. If there are enough players repairing with RK-20s it might even become indestructible. Some people don't mind that repairing costs something because they skill repairing (or have skilled repairing) anyway.

:girl:

Also page 50! :yay:

Because they (the pirates) need to destroy the ship by shooting at it with their Quads. Only then they can loot the players floating in space. If it is fully repaired it costs more for them to destroy. If there are enough players repairing with RK-20s it might even become indestructible. Some people don't mind that repairing costs something because they skill repairing (or have skilled repairing) anyway.

:girl:

Also page 50! :yay:

The default SI is so low that repairing it won't delay the outcome for very long, if at all, given that they probably sit right on the border.

Plus they'd likely only need to catch one high-value loot to make it worthwhile regardless of their expenses.

Only MindArk can do anything substantial to address the issue that they themselves created, and so far they seem completely uninterested in doing so.

- Deathifier

Has anyone been summoned by scammers in past few hours?

Wondering if the scammers are still at it.

Wondering if the scammers are still at it.

Caution: Just because the summons stop happening, I would NOT lower my guard. Until official word its safe.(can we even get them to acknowledge its broken?? :scratch2:

I think that would be a pirate tactic. Spam everyone with multiple summons for a few days, catch everyone that you can.Then fill the list with "preferred targets, maybe people with trackers stats?" and when nothing happens for a few days/week then hit with summons again. at strategic time, either during scheduled flights of other services, or perhaps right after you global, hoping to catch you clicking corpse or claim and force you to misclick summon instead.

The default SI is so low that repairing it won't delay the outcome for very long, if at all, given that they probably sit right on the border.

Plus they'd likely only need to catch one high-value loot to make it worthwhile regardless of their expenses.

Only MindArk can do anything substantial to address the issue that they themselves created, and so far they seem completely uninterested in doing so.

- Deathifier

Oh well, better than going down without a fight. :silly2:

There are only a few things that they can do.

1. Add an extra accept when being added in the first place.
  2. Add the ability to remove yourself from the guest list of any vehicle.
  3. Add a timeout on guest status on a vehicle that expires if not used.
  4. Temporary lock the players in control of the ship to encourage them to play nice.
  5. If a lock doesn't work then ban the players controlling it, it's owner for giving it to them. Then retake ownership of the ship, re-auction it and give the proceeds to charity.

There are only a few things that they can do.

1. Add an extra accept when being added.
  2. Add the ability to remove your self from the guest list of any vehicle.
  3. Temporary lock the players in control of the ship to encourage them to play nice.
  4. If a lock doesn't work then retake ownership of the ship, ban the players controlling it and the owner. Then re-auction it and give the proceeds to charity.
Just any ONE of those things would be an improvement on the status-quo.

Summoning fraud will be re-used and re-engineered

Of course you are right Farmer Smurf.
No consequences yet to the scammers so they will find a way to keep at it.
We must try to think up and anticipate the various scenarios. No motivation for criminals to stop if there is no punishment. And of course they will vary it to keep on catching and illegally robbing people.

Of course you are right Farmer Smurf.
No consequences yet to the scammers so they will find a way to keep at it.
We must try to think up and anticipate the various scenarios. No motivation for criminals to stop if there is no punishment. And of course they will vary it to keep on catching and illegally robbing people.

Plz calm down. They will be punished. Give it a bit more time.

My mood today is very calm :)

Thank you for your concern about my mental health Drachenherz.
As it turns out your diagnostic abilities over the Internet completely fail you.
Today I am in good state of mind with peacefulness of mind and purpose :)

On to topic at hand here: Summoning scammers.
I believe it only prudent to be prepared for the inevitable further attempts of these scammers to rob us.
Nothing hysterical about that just common sense :)

Wow this is still going on ? So it seems the outcome of support cases done was nothing as usual ;)
MA can't accept there is a flaw in their system that they don't even issue warning to not use this feature.
Ban seems harsh as it is intended game mechanics ;) Many obvious exploiters weren't banned so why would windy be ?
I am not here to be the devil advocate but in my books they do nothing wrong except harassment maybe if you are flooded with summoning request in a short time span.
The easier fx to this is simple. In this universe anything cost money, so why would summoning be free ? I think MA would supress summoning. What did they say in the past about the impossibility to have TP on ex CND ? Technology wouldn't allow that ? So why does a mothership or even small sized privateer could do mass TP ? :)
Please MA fix this ! remove summoning as it allow to bypass the space thruster market,it's unacceptable :)

Plz calm down. They will be punished. Give it a bit more time.

I am a very new player.. a depositer.. I love this games ..potential. Actually I am having a blast in being young in a game again. Yet this game is 10 years oldish? Icarus is flooded with new blood daily... many that are disenfranchised with the current status of MMO's and have money. It is incredible that a developer upon being notified of something of this nature doesn't..even..bother to comment!

Being inquisitive I deep dived both the Arkadia and Calypso forums and have found at least 10 similar well founded, well worded and with community support.. grievances across multiple spectrums from players that simply go.. unanswered in the last year!

It's eye opening ( personally the mentor bug spoke volumes ) So hard to give new hard working players a bone and apply a hotfix? Most are deposting to finish mentorship... its just literally.. stupid

The main page and depositing section advocates us to invest in our characters but where does this developer show us that they too are investing in us? It just seems so short sighted and dissapointing but if your a veteran MMO'er you are all used to that.

Feda

I am a very new player.. a depositer.. I love this games ..potential. Actually I am having a blast in being young in a game again. Yet this game is 10 years oldish? Icarus is flooded with new blood daily... many that are disenfranchised with the current status of MMO's and have money. It is incredible that a developer upon being notified of something of this nature doesn't..even..bother to comment!

Being inquisitive I deep dived both the Arkadia and Calypso forums and have found at least 10 similar well founded, well worded and with community support.. grievances across multiple spectrums from players that simply go.. unanswered in the last year!

It's eye opening ( personally the mentor bug spoke volumes ) So hard to give new hard working players a bone and apply a hotfix? Most are deposting to finish mentorship... its just literally.. stupid

The main page and depositing section advocates us to invest in our characters but where does this developer show us that they too are investing in us? It just seems so short sighted and dissapointing but if your a veteran MMO'er you are all used to that.

Feda

Welcome, to what many of us still refer to as...

PROJECT Entropia!

Enjoy your stay :D

Please MA fix this ! remove summoning as it allow to bypass the space thruster market,it's unacceptable :)

yh! then they could also make a new vessel which transports people from the planet to the ms, carrying upto 8 passengers or something. like a people mover

Welcome, to what many of us still refer to as...

PROJECT Entropia!

Enjoy your stay :D

and the winning comment goes to:

Reactions: Mac
Back