Known Issue: Spaceship Summoning

That's it. Not a word about banning those who have already used it in the past.

They *never* went out saying "we banned this and that" and would be a bit awkward. I really hope something can be done for the chaps who lost stuff.

Wrong decision. :ahh:
Yes, I think so too.

EU is meant to be a secure RCE environment. However, if you make a point of never going to places where you can be looted, only for one day you are nearing the end of a mining run or taking part in a big hunting event when the pop-up appears (always without warning) while you are clicking on a find or a mob, and this then results in you being whisked off to pvp lootable space where you are relieved of your loot, then this is no longer a secure RCE environment.

If anyone thinks I'm a "carebear" for having this opinion then fine. I've voted YES on all of the "should space be lootable" threads on this forum, BTW.

It's a known fact that a substantial number of players do not visit this forum, let alone players on other planets (unless the bot also makes announcements in all the planet forums).

Why is this not posted in the CL when this is an issue which can be encountered by every single player in the game, regardless of planet or forum presence or otherwise?

Those who do not visit the forums but have encountered this will still be under the impression MA does not care.

When the evidences are this obvious, MA needs to grow a pair and ban the abusers back to the fucking stone age...

Yes, I think so too.

EU is meant to be a secure RCE environment. However, if you make a point of never going to places where you can be looted, only for one day you are nearing the end of a mining run or taking part in a big hunting event when the pop-up appears (always without warning) while you are clicking on a find or a mob, and this then results in you being whisked off to pvp lootable space where you are relieved of your loot, then this is no longer a secure RCE environment.

If anyone thinks I'm a "carebear" for having this opinion then fine. I've voted YES on all of the "should space be lootable" threads on this forum, BTW.

Have already happened to me, the thing you say... Gladly I managed to teleport out from the ship before it left the space station safe area. Been traveling with many fair MS's etc, and also have asked them to remove me from guestlist because of this but for some reason, they never remove me. Me removing them from friend list doesn't remove me from guest list either, which is completely stupid...

I am really curious in how Mindark will make their next move regarding all of these exploiters and the completely broken "safe" part of "safe rce" :p

First of all, some of you should give it a bit more time. I am convinced those criminals will get what they deserve. It takes some time to find out what really happenend and to adduce evidence, logs etc...
I agree it should not happen for more then one day, This is a failure in security. Anyway.

Second and i said this in another thread. All this crap is a consequence of the decision to make space lootable pvp.
This is an opportunity for low moral people and criminals to make a criminal life in here at others cost. You can be sure other bugs, exploits etc. will come in the future as long you allow this. I worked ten years in the "law-business" on both sides of the fence and i know human nature.
For me this is a NO-GO, i made my decision last year no longer to support this and only play in events at calypso.
The only reason why i bother and post is cause the LT were gone for 31 hours rofl... and i red the thread about pirate abuse.
Have fun...

MA are done with vacation so it is only matter of hours or few days and some will get banned im sure. They jsut wont tell who got banned.

Do we know the pirate names? can be good to check on player reg if they are online or if someone got them online to see once they don't log back in (which means they have been banned)

Yup

MA wont announce who is banned or not banned . Action will just be taken against the perps.

Did they banned a certain character who bought a MS under an alt ava, when he was challenged he denied he is an alt, then attacked a certain website of a competitor and got caught there and banned from this very forum too?

No, he was not.

The said ava advertised free space travel and many joined his FL and MS guest list as well.

The role of these handful of pirates is pretty important to MA, and mainly are pissing a lot of people off. Pissed people are more likely to sell their stuff way under market prices, such the amount of ped leaving the game is way lower.

AT LEAST make it so that in order to be added to ship guest lists, players/owners should be on FL first. One remove an owner from FL, automatically is removing himself from guest list too - in addition to the existing procedures, ie owner remove guest or guest remove itself from MS terminal.

The easiest way to make sure that this abuse does not take place again would be to remove the summon function from privateers. As a privateer owner though, that would only be acceptable if at the same time, they made it possible for privateers to land on planet. If we could do that, there would be no need for the summon function for privateers.

Maybe, (I can only hope) this will happen in the October Planet Partner VU :yay:

The only real solution would had been

A permanent ban for the avatar that put people in the vehicle list without previous request.
Repeatedly did this to lots of random avatars with obvious intent.
And most likelly didn't report the issue in a support case (unfortunatly I might agree that this could save his ass, but not (imho) from a 2-99 years "temporary ban", while they investigate this issue and others already previously mentioned).

About the pirates that did the looting
A temporary ban is in order
The reason is simple they were in collusion with the avatar that did the summons and

unless they can claim to be braindead they ought to know what was going on.

(a temporary ban of lets say at least 6 months would be in order so that investigation of their account could be made to full extent to see if reasons for a permanent ban were in order)

If this isn't made then MA will be regarded as a joke
for all those future players that could had wished to deposit (and spend) money ingame.

And far worse
almost nobody will think twice before using an exploit or bug to their advantadge
They will just use it over and over again

And if you know something about this game it is quite clear that it will happen more often than what I wish to be true.

Not to mention that if I was part of a company (planet partner) considering investing in MA product I wouldn't do it until it was
clear and public
that a security team was ready and available (upon request by management, like some professions have - police, military, doctors) at all times to prevent bug widespread exploitations of the system
once call upon by a planet partner or a significant number of depositing players reporting a fairly simple to understand problem.

Last edited:
The simplest solution that can be done right now:

Make that summon message appear in the tray and not on-screen ready to be pressed!

Give us a Disable Summon option
So easy to do, and like 3 years we asked for it.

disable_summon_option.jpg

It's a known fact that a substantial number of players do not visit this forum, let alone players on other planets (unless the bot also makes announcements in all the planet forums).

Why is this not posted in the CL when this is an issue which can be encountered by every single player in the game, regardless of planet or forum presence or otherwise?

Those who do not visit the forums but have encountered this will still be under the impression MA does not care.

Perhaps, MA does not care, and simply wants everyone to shut up about it on the forum? :dunce::wise:

This information was originally posted on the official Entropia Universe Buzz site, which offers a RSS feed for all of the various Entropia Universe forums and fan sites, as well as the Planet Partner forums.

Dear MA,

Please reverse trades for the victims of this summoning exploiting. To get spammed with summons, and then wormholed into PVP while you're out innocently playing in non-PVP, is unfair.

Even if you end up banning Windy and the other pirates involved, what good will that do? There will always be another exploit, and how many players will leave the next time people lose thousands of RL currency?

Even if you end up banning Windy and the other pirates involved, what good will that do?

Um, stop them, plus alert others that cheating might actually have a punishment? :dunno:

I agree, the "trades" should be reversed, but I also think punishment for what happened is required. To do nothing (yet again) sends the complete opposite signal from what I mention above.

So here is the magical statement that people have been waiting for for a week now, and the response to it seem to be on par with what i expected...

Personally i am happy with the statement as it clarifies MindArks stance on the issue and makes it clear that this issue is high on the priority list for fixing.

Best regards
Zweshi

This information was originally posted on the official Entropia Universe Buzz site, which offers a RSS feed for all of the various Entropia Universe forums and fan sites, as well as the Planet Partner forums.

The question was why was It not posted in CL! So I am asking again... why not bother to inform players 100%?

And in a timely fashion...ffs for this case as well as other issues... care more plz, thx.

The vacations should not be the excuse... in fact this is the reason ppl get fired, from managers and down!

Robo

Wohohoooo he finally say sometime :) now is time to start hit :smash:

now only need to add the ul quad in game auction and all player happy again :smash:

Last edited:

I suppose you temp locked the exploiters already?

I mean, just a direct warning that they are under investigation would let them cash out in panic (or calm). most likely your policy is to perma ban only in severe exploit cases (if MA or players lose enough ped directly) or if the players have repeatedly abused bugs. and I would not believe you being so soft that only a bulletin/forum message would be released...

J.

So - it is now required to have an account on a PP FORUM? What's wrong with CL?

Personally i am happy with the statement as it clarifies MindArks stance on the issue and makes it clear that this issue is high on the priority list for fixing.

Yup :). It's so high-priority that MA didn't post it on the client loader, and is "rushing" to put a patch in to fix it (next VU is when, like Sept? Oct? or maybe Nov if you include the postponing of the VU as almost always the case). So no, it's not high priority otherwise they would have made a special patch for it rather than toss it in with the next VU.

Either way, it doesn't matter, Windy isn't banned, he probably won't be, and he's smart enough not to loot anyone via summoning, because he knows MA is watching now. So yes, MA is right - this shouldn't be high priority, it can wait till next VU.

I mean, just a direct warning that they are under investigation would let them cash out in panic (or calm). most likely your policy is to perma ban only in severe exploit cases (if MA or players lose enough ped directly) or if the players have repeatedly abused bugs. and I would not believe you being so soft that only a bulletin/forum message would be released...
This! :lolup:

About the pirates that did the looting
A temporary ban is in order
The reason is simple they were in collusion with the avatar that did the summons and

unless they can claim to be braindead they ought to know what was going on.

If those responsible for the summoning were to receive a permanent ban, then those doing the shooting most certainly should also receive a permanent ban.

It was those who did the shooting and looting who are responsible for turning this from a case of harassment (misdemeanor) to theft (felony).

The question was why was It not posted in CL! So I am asking again... why not bother to inform players 100%?

And in a timely fashion...ffs for this case as well as other issues... care more plz, thx.

The vacations should not be the excuse... in fact this is the reason ppl get fired, from managers and down!

Robo

The statement from MA is on MAs site, info at CL is from PP, so you should ask the PP why
they don't have the info there...
Or we should maybe ask why CL isn't a MA site... feels like a small mess. :D ;)

Yup :). It's so high-priority that MA didn't post it on the client loader, and is "rushing" to put a patch in to fix it (next VU is when, like Sept? Oct? or maybe Nov if you include the postponing of the VU as almost always the case). So no, it's not high priority otherwise they would have made a special patch for it rather than toss it in with the next VU.

Well, the good news here is that Oct VU is for the PPs. So I'm guessing/hoping we have some system updates before then.

The statement from MA is on MAs site, info at CL is from PP, so you should ask the PP why
they don't have the info there...
Or we should maybe ask why CL isn't a MA site... feels like a small mess. :D ;)

I will be surprised if MA can't post to the CL if it's important enough.

Anyway wasn't there a notice in the CL about exploiters and stuck mobs in the CL (I don't see it anymore) recently?

That was about people exploiting hunting in a manner which doesn't directly affect others (other then hunting in a manner which you are not supposed to, and maybe getting better loot due to less decay).

This issue affects everyone possibly, and nothing in the CL? If that notice can be in the CL, why isn't this, which potentially affects everyone with worst consequences (getting looted in pvp zone) not there?

Sometimes I don't get how MA works. Or the PPs for that matter.:scratch2:

Back