Is there a good reason for leaving carcasses laying around with minimal visual representation they have looted?

To valentine this i wrote instantly after my error and before youre commend...

So pls i ask you once more about this specific remark.

You claim you wil get extra cost above the 1us/hour cost by this change.

If you so sure about that while it not even implemented other then the mob laying at the ground for 30 seconds

A mon witch you can walk straight true , you dont have to wait for it, it wont make you decay anymore shit then you normally do....

So where the extra cost pls specify them

Because MA has slowed down the first shot from the weapon the mob often gets 1 more hit in the begining and because of this time the mob has more HP left to hit 1 more hit in the end it does more damige to yor armor,weapon and fap=mor money to MA but the mobs lvl is not higher so you wont get more loot and it takes longer time to kill a mob so it takes more time to do the same killing because it takes more time this makes even more expencive to kill the mob.

So you getting 4 things here who makes the mob expeniver to kill it.

1 Slower first shot.

2 More damige on your items.

3 That it takes longer time to kill the mob.

4 Even longer time to start to kill a new moob because of the dead body who are there for 30 sec.

This Money dont goes back to the lootpool it goes to MA.

think the players should be less paranoid, only facts known on this is that mobs stay 30 seconds and it does not interfear in general gameplay (besides the space mobs maybe , but like mentioned that wassent even confirmed by testing due to a bug in the mob.

So maybe just stop making all kinds of speculation without having any information.

Because MA has slowed down the first shot from the weapon the mob often gets 1 more hit in the begining and because of this time the mob has more HP left to hit 1 more hit in the end it does more damige to yor armor,weapon and fap=mor money to MA but the mobs lvl is not higher so you wont get more loot and it takes longer time to kill a mob so it takes more time to do the same killing because it takes more time this makes even more expencive to kill the mob.

So you getting 3 things here who makes the mob expeniver to kill it.

1 Slower first shot.

2 More damige on your items.

3 That it takes longer time to kill the mob.

How does your first shot go slower ?? slower reload??

Or do you mean a other mob already agro on you and the time it takes you to target?

If it is the first one and you accually have a slower reload for first shot i be suprised because i havent noticed it.

If it the second one, as gamer i dont see that as a problem but a addition to the gameplay and it makes sure you have to pay attention. (witch i personally feel is the best way, its a game gotta be challange).

This does strengthen my suspicien MA or at least the PP is focussing on what bin a complained of many for many years, gameplay , but also the need to use diffrent types of gear.

Now you accually have a real advantage having a long range weapon over some mobs , while others would require a more tanky approach with focus on high dps.

The hitbox chnges also make me think this could be the case, it creates a need for certain attachmends witch besides look cool and ad some skill now have a physical (attractive for gamers) need to accually see the mob at max range. btw can stil hit any mob on edge of radar with my howler without them but i see why some couldend
(Little tip for any who dont have it , a mouse with a button to switch between dpi settings wil give you a steadier aim for long distances and 1 click on the button wil switch it back to normal dpi for close range interaction).

Personally kinda hoping i am right, would love to see need for some for tought needed in to hunting besides deciding mob dpp and time when to or not kill it.

And lets also not forget the much smoother running of entropia since this VU , havent frozen once when people popping on my radar since this V.U.

I was real angry about this when I first heard about it, but i have to say after playing some - It wasn't annoying as I thought it would be. It's stupid right now - big time, but really the corpse disappeared in a few seconds.

My question is - why implement this now if the full thing isn't ready yet? What good does it do to have it in steps?
I'm no programmer, but making something like this change in preparation for the next update doesn't seem to make sense.

I was real angry about this when I first heard about it, but i have to say after playing some - It wasn't annoying as I thought it would be. It's stupid right now - big time, but really the corpse disappeared in a few seconds.

My question is - why implement this now if the full thing isn't ready yet? What good does it do to have it in steps?
I'm no programmer, but making something like this change in preparation for the next update doesn't seem to make sense.

That part has many possibel reason , could be testing the tubes as to say , see if the basic structure of what they plan holds.
Could be a unexpected issue with the possible content.
Could be a simple questions of shedule and the priority of what theire coders do.
Could be as easy as one of the designers grandma dying so he couldend mail in the design on time... (lets hope its not this one).

And there can be so many more very normal reasons.

Or they just clearing bandwide on the server to upload a massive hof for me so big it wil take a month to upload....

QUOTE]

More like 30 seconds.

That part has many possibel reason , could be testing the tubes as to say , see if the basic structure of what they plan holds.
Could be a unexpected issue with the possible content.
Could be a simple questions of shedule and the priority of what theire coders do.

And there can be so many more very normal reasons.
QUOTE]

Could be they made a huge mistake and eventually it will go back to the old and proper way, as long as they can save face.

It is not working now and would involve a major restructure of the game for it be of any use unless automatic looting is brought in

Would agree with you there. After hunting for a while yesterday I really couldn't see what the big fuzz is about. I hunted after the extra hot-patch though which eliminated targeting on corpses. So that could explain my lack of annoyance.

Perhaps the full thing is ready. Perhaps it's riskier to implement it in full because players may have a strong reaction against something new. Would seem more prudent to introduce in stages so that people have time to get used to something completely new. Plus gives developers a chance to gauge our response and make amendments if necessary.

Could also be that it gives them time to test & fix for bugs in the remaining parts to be introduced later.

Well from another VU update which only released "50 %" complete is taming, and where is it now.

How long until we get notification from MA staff than the planned VU is getting pushed back due to "unexpected bugs". And we are stuck with mobs lying around without any more "apperance" than it did before.

And the next VU, MA will again introduce another new function and never mention this ever again.

Since the emergency patch that removed the target on the carcass, I think it's fine. Does cause a small amount of confusion though and I think will result in some missed loots. If your mob stays on the ground longer than 20 sec or so, it's because you failed to loot it! (Anyone checked how long unlooted mobs stay since the update?) Still may cause a bit of a problem when someone is slaughtering punies with rockets but it will definitely be nicer for screenshots. Glad they came out with a fix so soon.

Could also be that it gives them time to test & fix for bugs in the remaining parts to be introduced later.

I think this is one reason why we see so much "half-developed" stuff in game. Since EU only gets its final test by going live, even if they tried to release the whole system, it'd only half work anyway till the next VU.

To see how well it works and if it improves server load rolling it out the graphic changes so that they can tell where and what is causing delays.

My guess is that they're implementing it to be ready for MM and don't want the situation where they're not sure what's causing the problems.

Now imagine if everyone of those carcasses stayed put for 30 seconds. They block all the other mobs, who can hit us but we cant hit them. You cant shoot at anything, and wont have a clue if they are dead/alive or looted.

Tested this tonight - collected 30-40 alpha horrors and then went killing - of course their corpse were all neatly floating straight in the view blocking the line of fire for us on the mobs behind :rolleyes:

Many mobs I kill in one shot or I race around and tag 20 or 30 and blow the stuffing out of em in a few cannon shots.

I mainly always shoot in 1st person mode. Eco is not in my vocabulary. I don't care to have one eye on the radar screen and the other on the health bar at the top of the screen to see if I have looted the mob or not while racing around in this mode picking up mob. Large mobs also obscure ones view.

I have a large widescreen monitor to heighten my experience. So many times swinging to a mob glimpsed on the edge of the screen to find I have already looted it. Bubbles are fine however 4 or 5 mobs lying on top of each other makes it difficult to see who has been looted and who hasn't often doubling up on clicking to loot.

Definitely not to my liking

As my quote above from another post the same thing in certain instances while planet hunting

Tested this tonight - collected 30-40 alpha horrors and then went killing - of course their corpse were all neatly floating straight in the view blocking the line of fire for us on the mobs behind :rolleyes:

A hotfix mini patch has been deployed to address several issues related to VU 14.4.

Fixes / Changes
  • The target box and hit box of creatures are now removed from corpses once a creature is looted. Looted creature corpses also no longer appear on the radar, and do not interfere with movement, weapons or targeting. More informative visual effects will be implemented for creature corpses in the patch scheduled for December 17.
If they block shots then that's a bug and should be reported.

Or are you saying that they block your view of the target, which is also a problem in space/pvp where there's no autoaim, but "as intended" until the patch in 4 days?

They seem to block shots

They don't block shots at least not for me, after you kill a mob and loot it it just remain there as part of terrain to say so but without an actual body or any hit boxes

It's just visual annoyance
Do I want it removed? hell ya!

Maybe it is for a new type of activity, just as sweating for noobs...
Otherwise it could be a bug...

Would be cool if people can extract sweat or other substances from dead mobs.

They don't block shots at least not for me, after you kill a mob and loot it it just remain there as part of terrain to say so but without an actual body or any hit boxes

It's just visual annoyance
Do I want it removed? hell ya!

They do block my shots; bot trask, and longu I tested. Other mobs I hunted are less a problem since they are smaller. So yes, it is an annoyance; and I lost ped while being just outside the LA border and shooting a dead mob instead of the life one.

So, more resources used, more missed shots and losing ped if hunting in pvp; seems there is a reason for this after all. And then they will be wondering why people play less?...

I think this is the key...

Since the emergency patch that removed the target on the carcass, I think it's fine. Does cause a small amount of confusion though and I think will result in some missed loots.

...will lead to missed loots...you have to look at this from a systems perspective...what percent of loots will be missed...1? 2? 3?...0.5%?...either way...the confusion will lead to some percent loss to MA of missed loot that you thought you got...what MA doesnt realize is it also decreases decay a certain amount because people are double and triple clicking a mob to 'make sure' or looking back at mob to 'make sure' instead of proceeding on to kill next...there is a delay in decay spent...is it 1? 2? 3?...0.5%...but I think these issues are introduced specifically to introduce the possibility of user error without a complaint of lag or other vendor error complaint...still creates a potential bump for MA in income that is kinda invisible...another one i've noticed is that on d/c or logout mobs that were half-dead with slow regen are full regen or significantly more regened than time allowed on relog...

Brick

The way it is now still sucks......

When I am grinding I do this,

Drag HP bar an select
Turn on auto use for my weapon
Drag HP bar of next mob
If I need to heal I will select medical tool, and then weapon without turning off auto use tool

When mob is dead,
I Double click red hp bar to loot
Then Click next hp bar to select it (these two actions are done as a tripple click, no pause inbetween)

Problem is now when I do that, it keeps focus on the dead and vanished mob and does not target the selected mob untill it is double clicked.

That means instead of 3 clicks i need 4,
But WAIT it gets worse....

Double clicking an active hp bar while auto use is turned on dissables it, so now Instead of three clicks, I have 4 clicks + turning auto tool back on.... even knowing this my guy spends an unnatural amount of time stumbling around the old corpse looking at his feet in a daze wondering what its supposed to be doing.....

SUPER FRUSTRATING

annoying as hell, needs to be removed asap !

Guys,

Try to think ahead a little bit, ok?

Why would they make this change? It is unnecessary in the current dynamic. Yet if you look back to 2005 you see things like skinning tools, etc.

In another dynamic, where the corpse is a useful item in itself, having a corpse around after youve looted it makes sense, so you can get other resources off of it. Having it disappear after a loot wouldnt work. What if theres an auto loot tool in the future? Players would whine that the corpse vanished before they had time to skin it!

MA has stated they are redoing resource allocations on mobs. MA has stated they are improving all dynamics. Years ago they stated they wanted to add cooking, etc to the game.

Maybe this annoying thing for you right now is actually them trying to fulfill a promise made to the players.

Given that, maybe your complaining is not helpful, but actually hurts that process and keeps it from moving forward in an effective timeframe.

Patience. Wait and see what something is about before you all fly off the handle. They cant tell you whats planned. All you can do is pay attention to the subtle changes. Like this one. And then try to get ready for an upcoming adjustment in how EU is played.

Maybe even for the better....

Sheesh!

Given that, maybe your complaining is not helpful, but actually hurts that process and keeps it from moving forward in an effective timeframe.

Feedback both positive and negative are needed to understand how changes effect the players.
I have no issue with the corpses being there if there is a need for it, or if they just want it their for ' realism'
But if it causes issues with hunting or with the way my avatar interacts within the game then I will give feedback and hopefully it will be addressed.

There were issues (still are some) with the hit box change. Did that get better because no one addressed their concerns with it?
NO it has improved (some) because players voiced the issues they were experiencing and MA attempted to address them while still retaining their own hidden goals/timelines for the progression of development.

I very seldom voice my concerns, but things like this which are seriously messed up and hindering players from getting the enjoyment they had been from the game, then it needs to be said.

"Sheesh!"

They cant tell you whats planned. All you can do is pay attention to the subtle changes. Like this one. And then try to get ready for an upcoming adjustment in how EU is played.

Sheesh!

After looking and examining further for a few more days. I've gathered enough info to confirm my suspicions. It's an open and shut case, well more or less because we can never be 100% but I would be very surprised it's not what I'm thinking it is.

There is just too much information out there for it all to be a co-incidence...

I very seldom voice my concerns, but things like this which are seriously messed up and hindering players from getting the enjoyment they had been from the game, then it needs to be said.

You need to look further than what you see now, at the bigger picture to understand this change and it's significance. Once you see that you'll realise it's not messed up...

It ain't messed up it's the first step on what MA do on purpose.

It is for explaining why the loot sucks and will remain that way.
While letting the hunter facing his beautiful mountain of mobs corpses he is sensibilized to preserve the beautiful environment so they acknowledge they pay an ecotaxe on what sould be their loot. Oh, and while they were at it they added a 2 pec taxe per member on the mob (snablesnot is 5 part, jellyworm 1part,ambu 3 part, etc..) cause it's like clothes, it adds a server overload.

Next time on december is probe will make big holes in the grounds . If miner is too near of the explosion he will be stuck in it so he could see jackshit as a hunter does.

Crafters won't be able to craft anymore after 15 min session as the residue will fall from the crafting terminal pushing it so he will get can't operate target to far away.

Guys,

Try to think ahead a little bit, ok?

Why would they make this change? It is unnecessary in the current dynamic. Yet if you look back to 2005 you see things like skinning tools, etc.

In another dynamic, where the corpse is a useful item in itself, having a corpse around after youve looted it makes sense, so you can get other resources off of it. Having it disappear after a loot wouldnt work. What if theres an auto loot tool in the future? Players would whine that the corpse vanished before they had time to skin it!

MA has stated they are redoing resource allocations on mobs. MA has stated they are improving all dynamics. Years ago they stated they wanted to add cooking, etc to the game.

Maybe this annoying thing for you right now is actually them trying to fulfill a promise made to the players.

Patience. Wait and see what something is about before you all fly off the handle. They cant tell you whats planned. All you can do is pay attention to the subtle changes. Like this one. And then try to get ready for an upcoming adjustment in how EU is played.

Sheesh!

Well because of that they dont need to nerfs my DOA when i hunting Feffox , nowdays when i start to use it it klicks to 95% on the first shot Before never....
So fxxk them for done so much nerfs in this VU and even more fxxk them for nerf my DOA...:mad:

It make's no difference to me, doesn't take much to side step a dead mob.

It only really bothers me when the mob is humungous, like the vanguards, had to wait for 1 to disappear before I could shoot the 1 shooting me, but I still got off a few shots.

I'm sure MA has something interesting planned, just give them time without flying off the handle screaming and shouting at them.
Imagine if we like the forthcoming change, whatever it will be, can you imagine how the programmers/designers feel reading such negativity?

Cheer up people, it's nearly Christmas :)

utter retardation.. thats all I can say about this.. :mad:

even if its toward something bigger, was it really necessary to apply such a tiny incremental change now in live environment? look how many people are pissed off? ok it may not be that much a big thing to get upset about, but as players we have been taking a lot of punishment with nerfs and silly stuff like this, it can get to be a bit too much with lag and.. and...

Last edited:
I really, really dislike this change. Please revert it.

utter retardation.. thats all I can say about this.. :mad:

even if its toward something bigger, was it really necessary to apply such a tiny incremental change now in live environment? look how many people are pissed off? ok it may not be that much a big thing to get upset about, but as players we have been taking a lot of punishment with nerfs and silly stuff like this, it can get to be a bit too much with lag and.. and...

I see the same people who are always pissed off.

If you're always complaining, nobody is going to pay any attention to you. You are nothing more than ambient noise.

Back