mobs haved AI .group behavior and interact each other
blood and gore , radar work at full range
and every killed mob have loot
we could sit and lied on ground
our avatar was able to do emotions ,..and so on

in 2014 laser sight makes 20 cm light ..and thats all
mobs ...AI ???
NERFS on radar ,autouse , failed to interact

game is still missing lots of OLD pre VU10 content (remeber ..all will be back before end of year:rolleyes:)

yes for newcommer its SOU interesting text

for oldtimer its....harder specialy when you remember 100 USD depo can last allmonth(in old days) and nowdays last barelly week

well just hope they fix this year BROKEN finger when using Pistols
and will they fix 30 sec dancing ?? or add in TT 1h dance pills ?

we will see in 2015 how much of SOU promisses will be ehm delivered

PS taming and space :scratch2: 2015-17 ??

This isn't directed at anyone specific but i don't get it...

I don't see any contradictions. If I'd owe you $1000, you'd bitch that I don't come and bring them. If I'll come and instead of bringing the money will kick you in the balls, you won't say "Thanks for coming!", will you?

Reactions: Wed
And I don't mean this in a mean or agressive way, ofc there are runs that are way below avg and also days or weeks lower than but i can't believe people have consinstently below 50% return.

Maybe it's been changed (very) recently, but at least up to "now", you could easily get 50% runs if you didn't get any global. So if you begin day with say 100 ped, first run 50 ped back, second run 25 ped back, third run say 15 ped back... and then it's time to pay armor decay. If you were out of cash for the fourth run you wouldn't get any "fourth chance" to get that global to put you back on track.

Again, maybe this is changed now so returns are more consistent.

Maybe it's been changed (very) recently, but at least up to "now", you could easily get 50% runs if you didn't get any global. So if you begin day with say 100 ped, first run 50 ped back, second run 25 ped back, third run say 15 ped back... and then it's time to pay armor decay. If you were out of cash for the fourth run you wouldn't get any "fourth chance" to get that global to put you back on track.

Again, maybe this is changed now so returns are more consistent.

Yeah 100 PED run on proterons sure :lolup:

Provided the premium account is limited to just extra features I've no problem with it, the vast majority will never need extra auction slots.

But if it starts giving stat and skill boosts then I think there will be a lot of unhappy people.

For example if they decided to give 200hp, max out UL weapons or mining finders or improve crafting skills for premium accounts suddenly all those people who spent a fortune skilling are outclassed by a day 1 premium newbie.

And I doubt they would tell us these were likely features until it was in game and too late to remove. This is MA we're talking about the people who made space lootable pvp without telling the PP's and the people who spring extra charges on us with no warning - equipping fees and footguards.

One example would be the removal of the clothing equip fee in an upcoming platform release.

about bloody time they admitted that it was a mistake to implement it, now all they have to do is fix the 100% condition to be lower than max tt.

Just remember say they don't track individual returns it's average returns across all players, some will gain while others will lose. From 100 players if 1 ATH's to keep a targeted 90% group return rate the other 99 will need to take a massive dive in return to keep the same 90% group target.

Last edited:
my hunting returns are around 95% but my mining returns are around 70-80% (most of the time) under the current system.
In other words its a too big "swing".
And no I'm not "doing something wrong" I'm doing it like I always have and getting good hit rate its just the claim sizes nerfed to fuck, and this is well documented in peoples logs and this has been discussed at length and reported on in at least 1 thread in the mining section.

I honestly think they don't have that much control over their own system, that's why they think that avg returns are up, yeah maybe for someone who hits an ath :rolleyes:

At least knowing this we can pretty much dispel any myths that MA ad hoc select lucky avatars to get high returns (after sell out thread for example).
However if its correct that avg returns are up, and many experienced players are claiming theirs is down, then you have to conclude that one way or another, some avatars have much better luck than others

sorry to ramble :)
Are you sure you are 100% efficient in the way you are "doing it right"? ;)
Maybe those "lucky" ones keep trying new ways to get there...

Are you sure you are 100% efficient in the way you are "doing it right"? ;)
Maybe those "lucky" ones keep trying new ways to get there...

well its the ped card that is the issue, Im not willing to cycle the amounts currently needed. Its just the case where I can get back to 90% w/ the help of a hof, at anytime theoretically. But at the end of the day, if I go out, spend a couple hours mining, have good hitrate by any standards, and avg MU, then see that my TT return is 75% even after having what would have been considered a good run before...

Well it just sucks.

Sure I could keep going and watch by balance dropping further and further until I eventually get the hof. But fact is I don't want to do that because I don't find it enjoyable lol. And 90% the type of mining I do is planetside unamped. I'm sure they will change the system again at some point and I will do some mining again.

So of-course, you can still profit, with good MU etc but the commitment needed is much greater than the previous system so.. in the words of dragons den people.. Im out..

well its the ped card that is the issue, Im not willing to cycle the amounts currently needed. Its just the case where I can get back to 90% w/ the help of a hof, at anytime theoretically. But at the end of the day, if I go out, spend a couple hours mining, have good hitrate by any standards, and avg MU, then see that my TT return is 75% even after having what would have been considered a good run before...

Well it just sucks.

Sure I could keep going and watch by balance dropping further and further until I eventually get the hof. But fact is I don't want to do that because I don't find it enjoyable lol. And 90% the type of mining I do is planetside unamped. I'm sure they will change the system again at some point and I will do some mining again.

So of-course, you can still profit, with good MU etc but the commitment needed is much greater than the previous system so.. in the words of dragons den people.. Im out..
Yeah, and no garantuee that you will get that bonus that will bump up average return.
EU should be fun no matter what kind of interest we have in it.

I use EU as a entertainment, so I'm not interested in the extra you have to put in to max outcome,
it easly becomes a second, boring job. I have a RL job where I get my profit, EU is one of all things
I spend some of my RL profit, and it for sure isn't fun losing too much too fast.

Perhaps people wouldn't mind 75% TT returns as much if MA would do some VU's that are dedicated to making the game more fun/interesting/engaging instead of this crap. Planet Toulan will be cool for all of 5 minutes. Way to put a two inch band-aid over a gaping wound.

The only thing I like here is the improved social interface. I'm not even going to start on how this should have been done 10 years ago...

From my maths since last July, time when I withdrawal around 56% of my total depos (first and only withdrawal ever!!!) I had lost around 6000 PED. Since last summer that I'm very less active than what I used to be. The rate at witch you loss, the bugs and the very low value hofs (capped for everything!), don't incentive me much to invest again in my avatar.

To be honest the actual algorithm could work if we had 3x the actual population! But to release more land don't equals to get more new players unfortunately!

The weapons now are so damn eco that the returns also reflect it. My last hunting runs were all under 50% returns. Since the first week of shared Oratan in Arkadia (start of this month) that I only loss! Last run was on furors, this last weekend, 150 ped in ammo with a super eco rifle + beast and I came back with 80ped in loot. Even if I came back with 150ped I would still lossing amp decay, weapons decay and armor decay.

600 USD every 6 months? Playing 2 times a week? Ohh c'mon! I also love this game, still be the game that fills me more! But can't be blind to the point where after 2/3 weeks of only losing I think in depo again. For what? To pay for those 174 k ped and 300 k ped hof's? no thank you!

So to all the MA fan boys! Asking for logs and bla bla bla... Here is my log: 100 USD a month playing very litle on very low levels and with items that I maxed 3/4 years ago!

You all know that MA changed the loot algorithm on the start of 2013 and nothing was never like before!

Ppl is not dumb or stupid, some including me can sometimes write things with a hothead but if you read a bit here on forum you will notice that this is the current state for a lot of players, constant losses for weeks! In what world is this fun? To lost real money for weeks, consecutively!?

You still like your loot? good!!! Then depo 100 extra USD each month for me!

This isn't directed at anyone specific but i don't get it...

Everyone does nothing but BITCH AND MOAN because MA doesn't do a State of the Universe Address. People think the sky is falling, that MA is going out business, and they sell all their stuff all because we don't hear anything.

...and now that we get the State of the Universe Address, all people do is BITCH AND MOAN.

well, personally... they said a lot more that made my unhappy, or that I didn't care about than stuff that I care about and/or made me happy!

so, yeah, I bitched about it!

their priorities are all screwed up! And it's obvious to the players, but not the devs, which is stupid and sucks for the people supplying the money their company runs on! They simply don't care about our input until it costs them money! :wise:

their priorities are all screwed up! And it's obvious to the players, but not the devs, which is stupid and sucks for the people supplying the money their company runs on!

Ohh really? So their priorities should be:

how long has my freakin' coat been ruined now? I lost track! :scratch2:

Ohh really? So their priorities should be:...

yeah, fixing things that have been broken or missing for a really really LOOONG time... BEFORE all these events, items, vehicles, mobs, planets, etc., etc. they push on us (most of these things geared towards us spending more peds faster)

my coat is just a single example of this, Taming is another... there's a lot to be fixed before introducing more stuff that needs to be fixed! :ahh:

I have not really played for long time so won't really comment.

But what is puzzling me is the change about not being able to waste ammo.

This is now causing good players to have lower returns and bad players better returns :(

It was important to focus on how you hunted, and if you were careless you lost your peds.
But those were supposedly added back to loot pool, so now the pool is lower and bad players are not anymore contributing that much >)

That's my 2 cents about this.

Oh, and I am shocked about tamming.. Did not they said it's almost done and behind the corner? (I am not tammer, but have many friends who were pretty skilled)

Oh, and I am shocked about tamming.. Did not they said it's almost done and behind the corner? (I am not tammer, but have many friends who were pretty skilled)

My only hope on taming is that its the main selling point of Toulan. But then again so were the Mech's for Cyrene...

My only hope on taming is that its the main selling point of Toulan. But then again so were the Mech's for Cyrene...

Mechs weren't Cyrene's thing. Apparently they were expected to be developed by the team of Theryon Wars and everyone else would make use of that, but that project went into oblivion. Cyrene team was just too optimistic and promised what they hadn't had yet.

Mechs weren't Cyrene's thing. Apparently they were expected to be developed by the team of Theryon Wars and everyone else would make use of that, but that project went into oblivion. Cyrene team was just too optimistic and promised what they hadn't had yet.

I stand corrected. Seems I somehow missed that. :confused:

Last comment from Kim on taming is that they may have it on paper, but that is about it, so not surprising that they no longer refer to taming as "legacy systems" and hope it goes away quietly...fuckers

Why?
Additional auction slots for additional fee (very wanted feature)
Bigger storage (also quite wanted)

Until premium accounts dont get unfair advantage in loot or mobs it should work just fine.

im not saying the benefits features is bad it the premium monthly cost that is bad

it break what is entropia

deposit 1 million dollars and next month you not premium :nutkick:

also too easy to make unfair advantage

dont get me wrong i will buy it wen the advantage show up but i really dont like that

im not saying the benefits features is bad it the premium monthly cost that is bad

it break what is entropia

deposit 1 million dollars and next month you not premium :nutkick:

also too easy to make unfair advantage

dont get me wrong i will buy it wen the advantage show up but i really dont like that
seems like a step towards monthly fee for all! (doubt they'd ever really do that)...

but, they act like they're gonna save you some peds by taking away price to equip clothes, and introduce this Premium Account option... you don't have to buy it, but a lot of people will, and that will more than make up for the clothing costs they'll be missing out on, they'll make more overall...

just like these events back to back...
Mayhem-Robot War-Migration-Mayhem-Migration-Robot War-Migration-Mayhem...
you don't have to participate, but everyone's gonna chase that loot and prizes! I can't even save up peds fast enough to take part in all of them!

It's like "damn, I lost all my peds on these stupid robots because the Entropy didn't drop any loot"... then... "Hey Colonists, Eomon spotted at Minopolis, go shoot away whatever peds the robots didn't take from you already! And make sure you have absolutely nothing left, because we're doing a Daylight Savings Time Mayhem, because why not right?!"

I remember when these events were something special, now they're just ped dumpsters! :grumble:

My problem with the monthly fee. Is I know I will want the premium sometime for some reason.

They will give a facncy clothes or "pet" or vehicle or "toy". and I will want it.

Hell if they give a sweat tool mk2 im all in.

So this pisses me off, because my free to play RCE game that I spend thousands of dollars on as my guilty little pleasure. becomes just another monthly bill my spouse can bitch about.

I remember when these events were something special, now they're just ped dumpsters! :grumble:

Yep and loot seems to be shit when events happen. Now events happen constantly which equals...

Long awaited document, but it feels a bit like a obligatory "let's get it over with". Not much which excites me. But, on the other hand, sometimes it is good to consolidate the current position, before moving on.

Oh, one thing though....
no mentioning at all about taming...

Some dreams last long and here we go again for premium features. Its not like this is something new, just remember the renting fee for shops and apartments. Also we can book premium options for the ingame voice chat allready.

I have no idea and no numbers for the general but from my perspective, in a soc consisting a huge ammount of new, low and mid level players, over 90% seem always on the verge of being broke. I really wonder if those guys have spare peds for fancy premium options if they can't even afford to buy ammo or repair their gun. To be honest i feel i pay premium fees to play entropia allready without premium services available yet :)

Along those lines wasn't much that catch my interest for this year. The new UI was announced 2013 and its something i look forward to. Polishing legacy systems like talking "gibberish", a more variable sound that changes when you enter a service station , sitting on the ground , interacting with items ect and more ?

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2014[/h]

Greetings Entropians,

Premium Accounts - Still in the early design stage, MindArk is planning to offer premium account upgrades for a small monthly cost. Benefits of the various premium account types are still being decided, but may include such features as increased storage limits and increased number of simultaneous auctions. We are also considering making premium account upgrades available via daily mission tokens as well as special lootable items.

this part is what make me worrie so this game wont be equal to all anymore I think is taking the wrong way :mad:

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2014[/h]

Premium Accounts - Still in the early design stage, MindArk is planning to offer premium account upgrades for a small monthly cost. Benefits of the various premium account types are still being decided, but may include such features as increased storage limits and increased number of simultaneous auctions. We are also considering making premium account upgrades available via daily mission tokens as well as special lootable items.

Dreaming here, if this also would give all premium members a special bankcard for "deposit and redrawn" in the game like a normal Visa or MasterCard.

Play the game, get a HoF, go to restaurant and celebrate 5 minutes later, and pay it with your "Entropia Universe card", that would be something :smoke:

Rapido

Back