State of the Universe Address 2014

Premium accounts...lots of comments on them...

I guess the best example of a balanced paid vs non paid accounts system I've seen in the Fallen Earth game where paying got you a slightly faster vehicle, a jacket, some extra storage and a extra slots for their own offline crafting system...overall this didn't really affect the non paying player..

As long as there is nothing like a newly introduced limit on the value or number of globals a non premium user has, i'm fine with premium accounts...I might even pay 10$ to get 200 extra storage slots

Like I said, I have nothing against the features but why must they add this "premium account" status?

It's better with a vuluntary monthly fee than a compulsory one, right?

Maybe it's a good idea for honest players who need more auction slots, to pay for it rathern than create a zillion of alts. (Not that the more ruthless won't anyway, but at least if there is an option to get more auction slots there is no excuse.)

Another way to Think is, if you want to contribute to the development of the game directly; now you get an option to do so, you'll know that 100% of peds spent will go to development and servers rather than being lost halfway soemwhere (because you came back from one of those 50% runs) and withdrawn.

And if you Think about it, there is already a feature that kind of is simular to this: the autoloot pills.

It's better with a vuluntary monthly fee than a compulsory one, right?

Maybe it's a good idea for honest players who need more auction slots, to pay for it rathern than create a zillion of alts. (Not that the more ruthless won't anyway, but at least if there is an option to get more auction slots there is no excuse.)

Another way to Think is, if you want to contribute to the development of the game directly; now you get an option to do so, you'll know that 100% of peds spent will go to development and servers rather than being lost halfway soemwhere (because you came back from one of those 50% runs) and withdrawn.

And if you Think about it, there is already a feature that kind of is simular to this: the autoloot pills.
Those who are interested to contribute to the development directly should use
monthly fee based on RL value instead. ;)

Space is only important to the ONE person who's bought multiple motherships in their attempt to "get rich" in EU.

Menace
If you actually believe that statement then you are underestimating space, even in its current, minimal, state.

Imagine what it could be if Mindark applied some imagination (and a few more servers).

Of course, but still there are places that are good indicators of activity. The trade hubs of all planets together won't make up for the old PA alone. Atlas Haven, Argus, Jason, Phoenix - each of them was more populated than Twin Peaks of today, and all of them today are dead.

Solid point and very true. I started in 2004 and I can concur with everything Svarog is saying. Trading Hubs are dead. Nothing compared to the old days. Feels like 1/10 the playerbase.

"Economic Turnover" increased? Makes sense. Weapons have gotten bigger, mobs have gotten bigger... mining amps are a gambler's dream come true. This does not necessarily mean we have more players.

However I doubt MA would outright lie to us. If they say that simultaneous player activity has increased then maybe it has. It just goes to show that this universe has become a "grind-fest" and no one bothers to interact with other players directly anymore.

Thank you for posting the address! I was eagerly waiting to hear it. There is so much positive that has taken place over the last year. I am very pleased to hear the numbers of new players and depositors. I know these numbers can vary on a number of factors, but I can be sure that new players have increased, and I have seen marketing ads present. It's not the greatest, but I've never seen ANY since playing EU - so this is a huge improvement.
I noted that Monria has been Greenlighted on Steam. ANY attention to EU from Steam would be so welcomed! I think they should continue to push this avenue.

I am very surprised to see the statement that TT returns have been improved. That has not been my experience as I interact with a large number of daily players. The other things they mentioned are defiantly true, and very welcomed (ex. no ammo cost when shooting "dead" space) Most of 2013 was my worst year in terms of amount spent and returns.

I really feel that is one of the major things they should continue to focus on:

Better returns
Fix some bugs - clothing bugs, other CTD related things, and server crashes
MORE COMMUNICATION please! Keep talking with us. It can be minimal effort, but still.
and getting the new planets (and moon) up and running at full capacity.

I think that's my 2 pecs.
Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work - u are working with one of the best gaming communities ever!

Citizenship & Housing System - Development of these systems was unfortunately delayed in 2013 due to the critical infrastructure upgrades taking quite a bit more development time than anticipated, along with several other projects receiving higher priority in the second half of 2013 and early 2014. This project now is now tentatively planned for release in Q4 of 2014.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this, and what customisation options the participants will have regarding the housing. That said, the use of the word "tentatively" in relation to the date, while not surprising me, is a concern. Will we be reading the same statement a year from now? Time will tell.

Tiering speed = BS and the balance of mining is totally BS.

Rest is nice. Specially for pvp. Looking forward for it!

Are we really playing the same game MindArk ?! :scratch2:

[insert picture here]
Your lying factor is over 9000!!!

They dont lie, they accelerated Terminator tiering speed :tongue2:

Veteran Appreciation/Cost to Play
  • As promised in the 2013 State of the Universe Address, MindArk implemented several changes and features that helped to reduce the overall cost to participate in Entropia Universe, including:
  • Average TT returns were increased across the board for hunting, mining, crafting and other activities.
    [*]Increased the unlimited item tiering speed.
    [*]Decay and ammo consumption were removed when using a weapon not aimed at a valid target.

with the exception of 2 months time during late 2013, my overall returns have been noticeably worse, definitely NOT better!!!... (especially past 2 months!)
My gun did not gain a single tier point for 9 MONTHS during 2013 (at tier 6.X)
(and it was used heavily by a group of players)

unless in a PvP Zone!... which is half of Calypso! (don't forget!)

I got to that point and posted, didn't even bother reading the rest (I'll read it later)...
I don't believe anything they say at this point! Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

"Taming" :duh:

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2014[/h]

Greetings Entropians,

MindArk is happy to report great progress achieved in many areas of Entropia Universe in 2013. The MindArk team spent much of the year improving the user experience and upgrading infrastructure to improve performance and accommodate more simultaneous users.
LOLLLLL are you kiding me? your server never ever failed as much as this year? good start !
2013 Highlights
Entropia’s 10 Year Anniversary
2013 began with MindArk celebrating the ten-year anniversary of Entropia Universe. Special events were held, and hundreds of special TEN Edition items were looted throughout the year to celebrate this exciting milestone.
An other huge fail, SGA was 100000x better than this crappy TEN anniversary with a few crappy items

Moon Estate
A new type of estate management opportunity was offered in 2013. A group of participants pooled their resources and bid 1.5 million PED to acquire the rights to manage the first such estate, which subsequently was launched as the Monria moon estate in May 2013.
Poor investers :D

Veteran Appreciation/Cost to Play
  • As promised in the 2013 State of the Universe Address, MindArk implemented several changes and features that helped to reduce the overall cost to participate in Entropia Universe, including:
  • Average TT returns were increased across the board for hunting, mining, crafting and other activities.
    I probably logged in a different game after my computer got hacked, lol !
  • Removal or lowering of many unpopular fees, such as the armor equipping fee. what else??
  • Increased the unlimited item tiering speed. incresing Terminator tiering speed didnt mean increasing all item tiering speed
  • The minimum condition of most items lowered to 3%, freeing up a large number of PED, especially for owners of older UL weapons.
    YES ! thats the best thing u did in 2013, so dont say i was only negative :tongue2:
  • Reduced the volatility of many activities, especially for lower level avatars. lol?
  • Decay and ammo consumption were removed when using a weapon not aimed at a valid target. an other good point !

Is Obama running this place? Nothings changing haha. Oh wait, it said State of the Universe, not Union. Eh still, I maintain :D

Cost to Play & Balancing
Continuing with the improvements made in 2013, MindArk plans to further improve average returns for many activities. One example would be the removal of the clothing equip fee in an upcoming platform release.

:hammer: I miss Marco, new shit, big revamps and nerfs...

Hmm... Monria deeds anyone?

Rocktropia.

Last edited:
read the rest...

no mention of bug fixes or known issues!

Guess that's not in the 2014 game plan!

how long has my freakin' coat been ruined now? I lost track! :scratch2:

[*]Average TT returns were increased across the board for hunting, mining, crafting and other activities.

really? -2000 ped a day.... i had better return without this soo called improved loot please stop this bs and bring back old loot system.

You said it Perfectly

Premium accounts - may start off as an innocent way to give certain features, but you will get a creeping effect with each passing year, where more important features are added until eventually a premium account is a necessity for any serious player.
Also the fact that they want you to set up a direct debit instead of a pay as you go type system shows greed in that they know you wont bother to cancel the subscription during quiet times/holidays etc.

If you let them get their claws in there now it will come back to haunt..

Also it goes against the whole ethos of EU.

You said it perfectly, Soon it will be subscription packages, that give certain amount of ped per month, or you will get more ped for your dollar if you pay for package 1, but even more ped for your dollar if you pay for package 2. You know it will go that way over time. Like the old 'Disable adds" options in the older versions of the game, as soon as you turned off adds, a window pops up saying "Your loot will be reduced if you turn this option off", just hoping they don't do something similar with Subscriptions! :confused:

Warrenty

Premium accounts...lots of comments on them...

And most missing the point that we already have premium accounts - those that have bought and enabled more advanced "location sound", and the rest of us. As long as its more of the same - which by all evidence will be the case - I couldn't care less and neither will anybody else in reality when it all arrives.

I think premium accounts are a good idea :)

Is anyone really going to believe anything they say about taming at this point anyway? They were probably afraid to even mention it.

They only have themselves to blame.

If going by what actually made it to the game in 2013's SOU then i guess half of very little will make a pretty weak 2014 as far as gameplay goes. The citizenship notes remind me of a certain profession i once had, it'll be here first 1/4, then 4th 1/4 then next year, then year after then the year after that then it'll be a legacy feature. i sure hope those who bought cld's don't become members of the "shit on by MA club" like Tamers, Hanger owners and probably many more i can't think of right now.

I try to remain positive but they sure make it difficult.

Last edited:
Those marketing efforts also resulted in a very encouraging 57% increase in the number of new depositors.

Will see in the annual report for 2013 due in May- June, what exactly this means. The introduction of Paypal let many deposit 4 USD in game, but overall, did the total amount of MONEY increased?

[*]Removal or lowering of many unpopular fees, such as the armor equipping fee.

Try lowering auction fees for smaller amounts, too.

[*]Reduced the volatility of many activities, especially for lower level avatars.

At least for the last month, something changed indeed. Still possible to get 50% loot on a small hunt, but also there is an increase chance of a mini-global to try to even things out.

Several major public and private organizations have expressed interest in making use of the Entropia Universe platform and collaborating with MindArk for future projects.

Good. Hopefully is not NSA or similar, I have the bad habit of cursing certain world leaders pretty bad.

yeah bring back the old auction fee of 50pec.. that would surely lower the cost to play

Old players never quit, they just become forum trolls.

Hehe, funny:) I just hate shamelessly being lied to and ignored by a service provider. MA is like a whore who claims to have just given you a great blowjob while in reality she just fucked you in the ass and kicked you in the teeth:)

Back