Suggestion: Loot 3.0 ideas

Status
Better TT returns means less of a binge/purge wave system. Would you still play the game if a “good loot” was 110% return cuz the average for everyone was 98% return? Would you grind all month 6 hrs/night to withdraw $20/mth cuz most the player base was breaking even? If you want global and HoF chat to dance then you have to suffer epic losses OR MindArk needs to sell advertising to make up for it.

Better TT returns means less of a binge/purge wave system. Would you still play the game if a “good loot” was 110% return cuz the average for everyone was 98% return? Would you grind all month 6 hrs/night to withdraw $20/mth cuz most the player base was breaking even? If you want global and HoF chat to dance then you have to suffer epic losses OR MindArk needs to sell advertising to make up for it.

The HOFs can come from 10 percent of the deposit, and yes, less frequently for newcomers, and people are given back 90% of what they paid in gradually. Advertising and other real world business can also help. There are too many victims now. We have paid in much without knowing from the beginning that the game is too greedy and won't leave good percentage for us as investment (for gear etc.).

The HOFs can come from 10 percent of the deposit, and yes, less frequently for newcomers, and people are given back 90% of what they paid in gradually. Advertising and other real world business can also help. There are too many victims now. We have paid in much without knowing from the beginning that the game is too greedy and won't leave good percentage for us as investment (for gear etc.).
I hope there aren't many people like you to buy a bunch of stuff without some minimum research and documentation. I suggest you try reading some tutorials in the newbies corner, they can be very helpful and before you ask for the system to change, try to learn and understand the current system.
Good luck!

Reactions: B-K
This post ...

First of all, this is a game. If you understand the game, you will have a different opinion. Players are frustrated because they expect big profits at a low level. If you are looking for extra income and this is your reason, look for another way, it is not necessary to be a hunter, miner or crafter.

Loot 3 and Loot 4 will not be different for new players and those who only look at the upper left corner of the screen.

Players are frustrated because they expect big profits at a low level.

Actually, i'm frustrated because i'm just in that 66-75% TT-return and no global/hof valley again -.- So much for my plan of buying new gun and armor...
Why are such low tt-return runs still even in the game?

Reactions: Arm
Actually, i'm frustrated because i'm just in that 66-75% TT-return and no global/hof valley again -.- So much for my plan of buying new gun and armor...

I have no idea how you achieve such results. I guess it's due to a small ped stack compared to the mobs you hunt, unequal guns for the mobs? No idea.. even on bad days my return is ~90%+. Keep your focus on craft, it seems your passion is there =)

I have no idea how you achieve such results.

lots of low partials combined with absence of multipliers as well as bonus shrapnell...
crafting can even be a lot worse than hunting btw... buy 150 PED of materials.. end up with 80-90 PED of stuff after 150 clicks.... oh and that globals or hof would happen after a few of those runs is just wishful thinking... i get that it can't be 95+% TT-return all the time, but why the hell does it need to be as low as 66%ish?

lots of low partials combined with absence of multipliers as well as bonus shrapnell...
crafting can even be a lot worse than hunting btw... buy 150 PED of materials.. end up with 80-90 PED of stuff after 150 clicks.... oh and that globals or hof would happen after a few of those runs is just wishful thinking... i get that it can't be 95+% TT-return all the time, but why the hell does it need to be as low as 66%ish?

My goal is skills up, every my fit is to give me more skills, so the loot TT is on second hand.. i don't remember loot return below 89-90%.
May be ingame you should share info about your ped runs + gun + mob you hunt.

the issue is not on my, it's on the game's end... lack of bonus shrapnell combined with lack of multipliers combined with lots of low tt-return partials...

the issue is not on my, it's on the game's end... lack of bonus shrapnell combined with lack of multipliers combined with lots of low tt-return partials...

Yes, I will if there are changes in Arcadia in December or January. For now, I prefer to keep my knowledge because it gives me an advantage.

why the hell does it need to be as low as 66%ish?
It's not the lack of multis or bonus shrapnel, that low returns in hunting sounds like a lack of ... well... hunting.
You can't expect decent return over 50-100-200 clicks....
The only days when my returns are below 95% are those where my turnover is very low, like 2 hours or less of hunting.

You can't expect decent return over 50-100-200 clicks....

but why do have 200-500 clicks have to have returns sub 80%?

The only days when my returns are below 95% are those where my turnover is very low, like 2 hours or less of hunting.

lucky you.... i even had plenty of sub 95% days where i was playing 8-12 hours... and something like that for 2-3 days in a row...

but why do have 200-500 clicks have to have returns sub 80%?

lucky you.... i even had plenty of sub 95% days where i was playing 8-12 hours... and something like that for 2-3 days in a row...
Why? It's how the system works, in order for globals and HOFs to happen, they need to make it volatile over a small number of clicks. Accept this fact plan and play accordingly.

Lucky... yeah... the harder I work, the luckier I seem to get :)

Reactions: B-K
It's how the system works, in order for globals and HOFs to happen, they need to make it volatile over a small number of clicks.

Well, if they make it volatile so global and hofs can happen, then they should actually make the globals and hofs happen...

Something the lucky ones get over 500 clicks.

my last 1000 clicks/kills didn't have a single global in them.. not even the 30 PED crafts i mixed in between the 1,4-3 PED stuff... pretty sure my tt-return over the last 1k clicks/kills was in the 70-80% range..

Well, if they make it volatile so global and hofs can happen, then they should actually make the globals and hofs happen instead of just giving bad tt-return but no globals/hofs.

Been hunting Yukas, thought my hunts might be a good example demonstrating volatility...it isn't quite the correct way to do this but it should at least serve as a good example as how large the volatility can be between small hunts.

Keep in mind Yukas I hunt is probably an average of 12-14 peds to kill....

This probably underestimates volatility a bit to be honest, I've seen far larger volatile periods, but I hope this gives an idea...

Even for a 1000 N (1000 kills of Yukas), I still had periods that swung below 90% TT...
index.php

Last edited:
Just to put a bit more impact on what I mean when I say that for the table above, the volatility is probably way underestimated:

index.php

Just to put a bit more impact on what I mean when I say that for the table above, the volatility is probably way underestimated:

index.php

Hi Zho, being you one of my favourite hunters for your scientific approach,

I ask You if anything has worsened lately, since in many posts you seemed very comfortable with the loot system ( 98+% TT return, If I am not wrong).
In other words you (and many other efficient hunters) were/are beating the system ( ...more or less like in the Video below :D ) ,
now what's that "Periods of Sadness" thing ?

Maybe those particular mobs (I didn't even know them before tbh) are ultra-volatile ?

Zho -VS- the Loot System ?

Paul

Last edited:
I'm probably not the person to ask about TT returns, there are others who cycle way more than me, and could give you a better answer...so the question is I don't actually know...I have experienced similar periods of poor tt returns before...but it does hurt to sit at ~95% TT return for about 300k peds, which is what happened recently. So it could all be par for the course.

But there's also no reason to think MA is not adjusting TT return for the entire player base as time progresses and players gain higher looter levels/become more efficient.

The overall average on the sum of all players should stay the same (The rake if you will). As the player base overall gets higher looter, the looter required to achieve the previous tt average becomes higher...

But this is just conjecture, so I have no evidence to support this...

I'm probably not the person to ask about TT returns, there are others who cycle way more than me, and could give you a better answer...so the question is I don't actually know...I have experienced similar periods of poor tt returns before...but it does hurt to sit at ~95% TT return for about 300k peds, which is what happened recently. So it could all be par for the course.

But there's also no reason to think MA is not adjusting TT return for the entire player base as time progresses and players gain higher looter levels/become more efficient.

The overall average on the sum of all players should stay the same (The rake if you will). As the player base overall gets higher looter, the looter required to achieve the previous tt average becomes higher...

But this is just conjecture, so I have no evidence to support this...

The period of sadness is a good hit =D

I have less experience than you, but the period of sadness I try to avoid, after a few small cycles, seeing that I fall into a spiral..
1. I change the area if I want to hunt the same mobs..
2. I change the mob - as if in most moments, the dynamic rate directly affects certain mobs..

I'm left with the impression that this is a protection against bots... the best I've seen so far. But many people are deceived and continue to reconsider their loss and sink into this spiral.. more and more.. and sometimes just one is on the right moment of end of the big cyrcle and therefore the biggest comes.

The golden ratio comes to me as a good example. Each subsequent cycle is more precise to the specified value. Looks it is breaking when I do the above two steps and my values looks better.

Of course still noob here and still discovering the game, also i dont have experience with top guns, but think should be much easy if i use them + better skills.. ie. for better loot.

Just to add some numbers from my side. Since June 2016 (as far back as current spreadsheet goes):
Total deposits: $665USD (Majority of that is in Strongbox keys to open random boxes I've received. One $300 depo for ESI buying to pull skills from my wife's avatar.)
Hunting/mining returns overall = 95.7%
Crafting returns = 92.6%
Various actions here/ there (deeds, coloring, etc.) that doesn't alter things too much)
Currently down overall about $560.73USD

I've adjusted my game play a lot over the years, depending on ped card balance and hours I have avail to play.
So far, averaging $12.55 per month over the course of years to play this game is worth it to me.

Forgot to add total spent:
Hunting/mining: 232,926.06
Crafting: 121,834.30
Color/texture: 327.27
tiering: 340.10
misc expenses (space travel, pet food, etc.) 2,740.65

I'm having the same problem since mayhem began, all the smaller multipliers dissappeared.
Most runs now end in 60-70% returns.
My hunting was going well until a few weeks ago, now it is just a miserable experience and I've lost all motivation to even try..

I'm having the same problem since mayhem began, all the smaller multipliers dissappeared.
Most runs now end in 60-70% returns.
My hunting was going well until a few weeks ago, now it is just a miserable experience and I've lost all motivation to even try..

and when i play... i see the same people popping 5-8 globals a day... while i haven't had a single global for 7 days... i mean, if i would do that sub 50 pec stuff, it may be okay to not have a single global in 7 days, but when doing 1,3-30 ped per stuff... it's just terrible, because you know, it's gonna be sub 85% TT-return...

Loot 2.0 , crafting and mining 2.0 was supposed to reduce the volatility, but let's be honest, MA missed the mark by a mile... and all they've accomplished is making the dry phases worse and longer....

Last edited:
Just recognize that, in order for you to hit whatever the hof value you want to get b
and when i play... i see the same people popping 5-8 globals a day... while i haven't had a single global for 7 days... i mean, if i would do that sub 50 pec stuff, it may be okay to not have a single global in 7 days, but when doing 1,3-30 ped per stuff... it's just terrible, because you know, it's gonna be sub 85% TT-return...

Loot 2.0 , crafting and mining 2.0 was supposed to reduce the volatility, but let's be honest, MA missed the mark by a mile... and all they've accomplished is making the dry phases worse and longer....

You are definitely just not cycling enough...

then how much is enough? the 400k clicks/kills again? that crap made me take a 2year break already once..
I was referring to you not globaling in 7 days...

I was referring to you not globaling in 7 days...

currently i need a 500-1000 HOF to make up for the bad return and to get to the 95+% for those 7 days... there's such bad return streaks to allow for bigger hofs, so where's my times 500-1000 multiplier?

then how much is enough? the 400k clicks/kills again? that crap made me take a 2year break already once..

:banghead: :bump: :hammer: :newbie: :whisper: :scratch: :eureka:

"EP4 women" took them from your pocket, I saw her at the stream, I swear!
Give me a minute to share this video!

.. Im sure that you are joking here.. have a nice day!

• Dislike
Reactions: Arm
Status
Back