• I earned 100k +

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • My avatar's worth ~1-100k more than I deposited

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • up to 1k ped profit

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I break even - I'm on 0

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I lost some.. but not so much pain in the ass (~1k ped)

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • 1-10k ped flew away..

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • Don't know..Don't want to count that!

Votes: 12 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElanorPL

Alpha
Elanor Elanor Gamgee
Hey,
I am wondering if everyone's loosing here,or we just complain, but actually we earn/break even? :)
I'd like to see if it's true - 95% ppl loosing, 5% earning as it is usually said.Is MA really so greedy?

avatar's value (including items+skills market value) - deposited money = ...

count it ;)

There is already a thread on this topic...

Search is your friend ;)

:duh:

Sorry :kos:
Searched for another thread, forgot to check this ;) Anyway, it's sooo hard to find something in this ocean of text ..Can you post a link to it please ?

Anyway..don't concern to vote.. would it be a problem if we repeat the poll :p

Search is your friend ;)

Couldnt find it, I suck on searching. Where? Would love to know what people have LOST on EU :p

You're missing the 10k - 100k PED flew away!

My ava is worth about 1kped less than iv deposited in my time, i guess due to financial miss-management, but im not too bothered really, i didnt come to make money :)

lol :laugh:
Oke,as you wish ;)

Anyway,I think my poll is more detailed.I want to know exact amounts of peds..

(that was to wizzszz)

Thx a lot!

Surprising outcome of that other thread, lets see how your poll works out...

Maybe the it looks different now due to the amp-nerf ;)

I was break even with gear inflation and ~120k skills. I sold up, withdrew a fair amount, and traded and started a loan comapny with the rest. After trading, I ended up ahead by roughly 8 months on my fairly high mortgage.

So yes, you can earn a fair amount if you manage your assets correctly.

Edit: your poll is not as detailed as you imply, as there is no slot to vote on total number of peds earned.

So yes, you can earn a fair amount if you manage your assets correctly.

I agree. Including skills, my avatar is worth way more than the PED that I have deposited in game. Though I will admit that a large portion of that is due to the fact that I do not rely on chance. I hunt occassionally for the fun of it, and havn't even tried mining. Instead, I started off trading, and though I had the bad habit of spending most of my earnings on material things (sometimes Iset is such a girl!) the value of those items outweighs what I initially spent. And now, even though I have invested a lot of money into hairstyling (not only the chair but the thousands of gel and spray I have gone through), my skills are still keeping me ahead.

So if you are careful, and always have several ways to make income (ie. even if you hunt for PED, you have a backup plan of trading in ores etc.), there is no excuse for people to be loosing too much PED (but again, define too much.)

Cheers,

Iset

Edit: your poll is not as detailed as you imply, as there is no slot to vote on total number of peds earned.
My first poll made here.I see I could make it better,but.. :kos: ;)

So if you are careful, and always have several ways to make income (ie. even if you hunt for PED, you have a backup plan of trading in ores etc.)
But is it still fun? You know.. trading it is like rl work.Nothing hard to be profiting on it ;)

But is it still fun? You know.. trading it is like rl work.Nothing hard to be profiting on it ;)

Ok, maybe you titled your thread incorrectly then.

You did use the word "earn", after all. To earn anything takes effort. Maybe you should re-title the thread to "Did you profit without any work in EU?"

Ok, maybe you titled your thread incorrectly then.

You did use the word "earn", after all. To earn anything takes effort. Maybe you should re-title the thread to "Did you profit without any work in EU?"

Stop beeing so evil, we all understand what he means :silly2:

Btw, when will I see you ingame again!? Been red on my fl some while now... :scratch2:

Stop beeing so evil, we all understand what he means :silly2:

Btw, when will I see you ingame again!? Been red on my fl some while now... :scratch2:

Actually he said exactly what he meant.
"But is it still fun? You know.. trading it is like rl work"

By asking if one has earned, and then just dismissing anything that relates to actual effort in order to earn, he opened himself up to my loving criticism :)

played stupid 6 month: -2k$
played less stupid 1 year: +800$ (i.e. profited over last year and started to take back previous loss)

if esi's would have been less expansive, i would have gained more at last skill sell.

All results mining & hunting, crafting been for fun and trading only to sell what was already mine.

And no, I don't consider MA greedy. Or "too" greedy for a business. Their main problem is them are often on another planet than us. Oh wait, that is, them are on Earth :eek:

By asking if one has earned, and then just dismissing anything that relates to actual effort in order to earn, he opened himself up to my loving criticism :)

As I said, your evil :silly2:

And I lack the option "Lost 30k+" :laugh:

Spending money is fun! :D

Yes, we need the option of "I am the Nick Leeson of EU" :D

LOL, for me, yes, it is fun :D

As it happens I also feel that this was about what you "earn" in EU, but I am lucky that I find the social aspects of trading outweight the actually mathmatics and record keeping involved. But I suppose it all depends on the individual ;)

Hugs,

Iset

Ppl..please..I'm a she :ahh:
As far as trading is concerned.. it is something that is defined to bring money.While EU itself is just one big lottery (of course, smart people know what tickets to buy on that lottery :D). So.. if we think in that way..it would be like asking surgeon,if he earns on surgery.

But I understand your point of view and I hope you understand my ;)

PS Lol,at the other side..trading sometimes is a lottery too :rolleyes: Now I'm confused :laugh:

(...)
After trading, I ended up ahead by roughly 8 months on my fairly high mortgage.
(...)

hehe... that's a good unit to measure profits... let me see... if I'd sell my ava now (after 1 year playing), I'd have made enough profit to pay 3 months of my mortgage :silly2:

/jdegre.

Ppl..please..I'm a she :ahh:
As far as trading is concerned.. it is something that is defined to bring money.While EU itself is just one big lottery (of course, smart people know what tickets to buy on that lottery :D). So.. if we think in that way..it would be like asking surgeon,if he earns on surgery.

But I understand your point of view and I hope you understand my ;)

PS Lol,at the other side..trading sometimes is a lottery too :rolleyes: Now I'm confused :laugh:

Whoops.. she :)

As far as trading being a lottery, sometimes you buy a lot of one commodity in anticipation that the prices will rise. That does not always happen. For example, during my mineral trading, I managed to pick up 10k duru for ~130%.. It dropped to ~120% for the next month. I havent been on for a while, but its probably back up to ~150% or so now. If you are short term trading large quantities of minerals, the volatility of the mineral market does make it kind of a lottery. Its the same with other items, but the mineral market is the most extreme example.

A little bumpy before poll ends up :D

Search is your friend ;)

Ya know.. I hear this all the time, but honestly friend, there is a thread about just about everything. If none of us posted new threads and just read old ones, this would be one very boring forum.

Seems like there's a lot of people in the top tier of +$10k, perhaps you should have expanded it further

I am at a loss to explain why there appear to be more profiters than loss makers when the are so many moaners on the forum! :D

I am considerably up on my original investment, but only when skills are included. Without skills, I am just about breaking even from equipment, clothes etc.. But everything I earn goes straight back into skilling, with the occasional hunt for fun.

I still always feel poor, as all my money is tied up in bloody hair gel! :laugh:

I'm under 500 ped from orignal investment, part of this is not knowing that ESI dissapear under 10 ped (THANKS FOR THE WARNING MA!!! #$@$@%!!!)...

But all in all I guess that's not too bad considering I finished up LB dicipleship and am now exploring mining...

If it wasn't for trading, I would been dry a along time ago...but at least I know a solid plan to help get that 500 ped back...time is the key...

actually i am telling myself that i am losing, but looking at the skills you "could" sell for example, your equipment, your storaged materials. hmm i haven't deposited anything .. yet. which means that all my belongings are 100% earned!

I'm under 500 ped from orignal investment, part of this is not knowing that ESI dissapear under 10 ped (THANKS FOR THE WARNING MA!!! #$@$@%!!!)...
They did warn when they changed the esi system.

Back