Invasion of the RX Units!

sir odd

Jack of All Trades
odd sir odd bunny
RX Units, Explosive Rockets Invade VU 8.12.2​
[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/pic1_1_160731.JPG[/wrap]A few days after the launch of the most anticipated VU yet, a robot transmission was intercepted with the location of two coordinates, one in the PvP3 zone of Eudoria, and one in the PvP4 zone of Amethera. What the colonists found there was ... not expected or pleasant.

With the addition of the 'explosive ammo,' the explosive skills and professions added, it was expected that these weapons of destruction would be introduced later on. However, these were not crafted, and even more, the first colonist on the scene experienced it first hand ... in front of the barrel.

Indeed, Warlocks and other bots invaded the usually barren PvP3 zone. However, something else was waiting ... RX Units. These were colonists donning some very protective armor not seen by anyone before, and wielding massive faps, blp rifles, and ... grenade launchers?! They said, 'They came in peace' ... then fired grenades and whatever else they had.

Even the hardcore hunters had extreme difficulty bringing these RX Units down, with reports of DOA Foeripper users doing only 1.0 damage a hit ... a weapon that normally kills most humans with only a few shots. Relentless in their assaults, the battle against these 'super humans' waged on for most of the morning. Camp Echidna was the busiest it's been since the last robot invasion.

Soon after a few of the RX Units fell, the RX did not loot, but dropped on the ground new weapons. Some of the colonists came back from the zone with Grenade Launchers. Impressive stats, difficult SIB to reach, and one gun everyone wanted instantly.
[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/pic5_634612.JPG[/wrap]
While the PvP zones were too risky for any low to mid-level hunters, and the risk of the contaminated zones added, the ubers didn't hesitate to show their firepower. Rilort was one of the first to display his trophy, promptly blowing up a repair terminal in the Camp Echidna Trade Center. The explosion was massive, filling the room with smoke and throwing chunks of debris everywhere. Those who didn't have the new weapons, equipped scanners to analyze them for themselves. The launchers are the first on Calypso with splash damage, thus able to damage more than one target at a time.

As the day wore on the RX Units disappeared and the event came to a close. While they are gone, some do wonder: Who are they, what were their intentions, will they return one day? For now, we may never know. Then again, it's just another day in Calypso ...

pic2_3.JPG

Colonists ready themselves to wage war on the RX Units and Warlocks

Discussion

Last edited:
Great job OB ... you made it interesting to read, and I want to thank you for taking the initiative to pull it together so quickly. 711 is traveling, otherwise this would have been posted by him last night (which is our last step in the Front Page process), so thanks 711 for popping in during your travels to take care of this, it's greatly appreciated.

Nice one OB! :thumbup:

Reactions: J D
Was very exciting event to say the least. I found it especially pleasing that everyone was working together in these pvp lootable zones to take down the RX Avi's, that is until Warants showed up of course. Grats to all those who got the new and exciting weapons. In the new area on Amethera, where I was, Teams were gathering at the tp and planning out the course of action--We found that blades did the best damage against them but getting close with those launchers was difficult especially when they hit the mountain tops. When we rushed them from all sides and dragged them off the peaks it was much easier to get a piece of them and take them down. Was real fun having so many people working together to fight the Ubber of Ubber Avatars.

Great article and keep up the good work. :)

on Amethera, where I was, Teams were gathering at the tp and planning out the course of action--We found that blades did the best damage against them

Very well done and appreciated article.

I am a little confused though, did the attacks happen at both locations at the same time yesterday? I was hoping the second would be this weekend so I could see it.

the "event" is allready over? A one day event for uebers only or what?
damm, i thought i could go hunt some event bots too today...

But gratz to those who looted something nice! Looks like you had much fun :)

Excellent article. Events like that are those that they do every day this universe is more interesting.

:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

i want i want. have grenades, will travel.

;)))))

while this event was a fairly uber pk event, good to have a reason for all of us mid level guys that wish to reach for the upper levels. great event, ma. much better than the rouge banking announcement.

More like 2 hours, not a day.

A great event for those there at the time, and gratz to them :yay:

Nice article SirOdd :)

Nice to see another storyline event from MA, and nicely reported Sir Odd :)

i seriously think that MA is going nut...

1st : Lets do a event no one knows about, and its going to be for a short period of time... let say swedish morning time...screw those who have a real life, work etc. So when they log back in, they would be able to see how good MA were at organising such a good event...

2nd : let the event take place somewhere not accessible for everyone... like pvp... so only the ubers will show up...the others can try... but whatever they wont live long...

3rd : make sure the same ubers return back with some awsome loot thats is not going to drop anymore soon, so they fetch tt+20k minimum... after all ubers need this...

4th : Also make sure that most of the new drop discovered are from the most popular people in entropia... aka the ubers we all know of that already have adj. or imp. stuffs on them... look at the listing... every interesting items is from players who are wearing/using gears that no normal player can afford.

This new V.U. favor the oldtimer... those that are already nearly able to live off this game in reallife, they are now getting all the good benefit... MA seem to control manually the drops of new items... selected fews are getting them and its intented...

oh and again about that event... why are commons name again showing up as attending these... were they contacted by MA to be online at that time or its just luck... errr thats true... there no such thing as luck in entropia...

That is my opinion and what i have seen in the latest days around...

isnt that what someone else feel currently?

hey thats cool stuff, nice to see new weapons...even tho they are limited.

hmm and yea, gauss weapons anyone?:D

1st : Lets do a event no one knows about, and its going to be for a short period of time... let say swedish morning time...screw those who have a real life, work etc. So when they log back in, they would be able to see how good MA were at organising such a good event...

2nd : let the event take place somewhere not accessible for everyone... like pvp... so only the ubers will show up...the others can try... but whatever they wont live long...

3rd : make sure the same ubers return back with some awsome loot thats is not going to drop anymore soon, so they fetch tt+20k minimum... after all ubers need this...

4th : Also make sure that most of the new drop discovered are from the most popular people in entropia... aka the ubers we all know of that already have adj. or imp. stuffs on them... look at the listing... every interesting items is from players who are wearing/using gears that no normal player can afford.

This new V.U. favor the oldtimer... those that are already nearly able to live off this game in reallife, they are now getting all the good benefit... MA seem to control manually the drops of new items... selected fews are getting them and its intented...

oh and again about that event... why are commons name again showing up as attending these... were they contacted by MA to be online at that time or its just luck... errr thats true... there no such thing as luck in entropia...

hey i feel the same way, I am from California and had to work and I JUST KNEW that this VU would bring an event soon, i just didn't think that when i logged in at 5 PM pacific-coast-time after work...i would finally see a clientloader message about the new event, well of course i was too late...guess i have to wait...IDK 3 MONTHS! for another chance at an MA event :yay:
no wait i mean :(

That was one of the most insteresting events from MindArk. And a great way to introduce new weapons! Even the universe itself looked alive for a while. :)

My guess is that MA make most of their money (apart from islands/palaces/banks) from the players aspiring to be ubers. These peolpe probably deposit loads of cash in an attempt to reach that "uber" status, or get hold of that high end gear.

So ... my take on the event is that it's a tactic (ploy?) by MA to say "look at what cool stuff you can do if you become an uber!"

Dez

hmmm....

This is why I think this game is turning into total BS. When MA starts to do events like this, then how are other mid level players supposed to reach uber status? There are alot of non uber players who deposit money in the game, and get nothing in return. So dont feed me the crap about " all the ubers deposit on a daily basis, so they deserve these kinds of things ". Who needs events like this more, the uber players who already make a comfortable living in the game, or the players trying to get to that staus? If they keep doing things like this for the top players, then whats gonna keep the new guys around? And yes, I do deposit in the game. What do I have to show for it??? Shogun armor and some crap weapons. I've put in about $600 US within the 5 months that I have been playing. How many globals have I gotten? 1 with a value of 52 ped. Maybe its just my frustrations coming out, but I think there are some others that would agree with me.

Congratz to all who benefited from the event tho. I'm not trying to rain on your parade.

it was the afternoon i think, but majoirty of MA employees will not be working evenings and want to set things up then

2nd : let the event take place somewhere not accessible for everyone... like pvp... so only the ubers will show up...the others can try... but whatever they wont live long......

i was there and all players were not killing each other until warants turned up and wanted everything for themselves

nubs did loot mod merc from spider recent, a mob ubers lost many peds on losing for yrs not getting that gun

maybe a grain of truth, i know for fact big investors do get phoned up by MA on a regular basis

Shogun armor and some crap weapons. I've put in about $600 US within the 5 months that I have been playing. How many globals have I gotten? 1 with a value of 52 ped. Maybe its just my frustrations coming out, but I think there are some others that would agree with me.

that is major problem, if rare stuff was dropped all time it would be rated crappy shogun no matter its stats.

Nice article...gratz on the content and angle...

...now a cynic might ask where the pet upgrage that was promised is :p

Nice article...nice event for a handpicked class of ppl...

and now can someone tell me how many ppl have sold out in the last weeks ?

take a look @ skills in auc.. the prices are falling like hell....many, many ppl sold out and left entropia..

but hey.. dont panic.. MA is on the right way to make entropia a special game for a few chosen people :)

and some day this chosen people wake up and wonder.. no one buys anything in our shops ? no one hunt in our LA ? whats going on?..

hmm maybe because most of the "normal" players and beginners have left the game...

time to wake up MA..

btw. more than 500.000 accounts... i wonder why i meet mostly the same ppl :)

btw. more than 500.000 accounts... i wonder why i meet mostly the same ppl :)

because most people have a "hometown" and like to hang out in the same place alot. So these people you meet probably "live" at the town you return to after a hunt :)

because most people have a "hometown" and like to hang out in the same place alot. So these people you meet probably "live" at the town you return to after a hunt :)

hmm looks like the most of these 500.000 got a secret town i doesent know....

:bowdown: but thx for you wise words :wise:..

now i know that most pll got a hometown..

time for me to leave port atlantis i think. :handjob:

AMEN!!! Couldn't have said it better myself, there is definatly some unfair favoritism in this game for sure... big +rep for you :silly2:

yeah I especially agree with the part that "make sure the same ubers return back with some awsome loot thats is not going to drop anymore soon, so they fetch tt+20k minimum... after all ubers need this..."

I think it's really unfair how some people that play everyday and deposit like crazy are only left with 2 pec in their account at the end of the day while all these "ubers" get HoF and ATH one after another. If refreshing to see a post with someone with almost nothing in thier account that you've never heard of that gets a nice big HoF but I find that it's always the same handful of people that hit these HoFs and you'll get people with 20K sitting in their account that get another 8K to throw on the pile... like wtf? They say it's all even but I think that's just BS, it's obvious they favor these uber players and don't really care about the midranged player.... unless you skill like crazy and deposit thousands don't expect ANYTHING from MA.... :rolleyes:

Tbh i dont think it has anything to do with who the avatar is. Put it this way if you worked hard at the game for a couple of years to get upto a high standard you would exspect to get nice hof's, ath's, items. The better you are the bigger the mob you can take down the bigger the chance of getting something nice. Thats the way i see it anyway.

As for the RX avatar's one thing i disagree on is them just droping the weapons on the floor. Why not just make them lootable from the avatar's rather than just handing them out, it would save all this flamming :)

While im on the subject most people complain about skilled players getting ubbers, but take the 81k spider he was'nt ubber i know it was trapped but still he killed it and claimed the ath, and what do you know everyone flamed him. Same with the atrox egg, whoopy doo someone got a lucky break and killed a feff.... wharrr. not the hardest mob to kill so i was happy to see it go to a non ubber :)

There's always the last option if you dont like it leave after all this game is free of charge its your choice to deposit.

oh and i thought that the RX ppl were from EBN here to help us, thats why they said they come in peace, unluckily ppl started to hunt them so they had to fireback. :mad:

does this make any sense?

Wow this got ugly!! First off I don't know anything about what happened on Eudoria, as per this event, as I was on Amethera so I went there when I saw the news--No I didn't get any phone calls nor did I get any emails( not going to say that doesn't happen but certainly not to the likes of me) I just happened to see it when I re-logged so I went to check it out. There were lots of mid-level players out there and some noobs too--I consider myself a noob still, at very best maybe mid level--Nobody was killing anyone except the Bots, until the event was over and Warants showed up--then death and destruction amongst colonist went crazy.

The RX showed up at the tp and when the third RX appeared they started running out to the coords--they said"We come in Peace" when about a dozen, some of our most famous pk'rs I might add, were following them from the tp. They had been subjected to scans and questions already while waiting so people knew they were not regular Avi's--577 Agility come on--get real!! They said that only so they could take up positions on the mountain peaks without engaging people in close range--remember the goal was to show off these high powered, high range weapons and there armor sucked against melee so having people close to them was not good. When they got to the mountain peaks is when they began to just waste people.

Allowing the person who actually made the final kill strike to loot the weapons--1 would have created a lot more flaming in my opinion as it was usually an Ubber who was able to get close enough or have a weapon capable of finishing them from a distance-2 dropping on the ground let anyone who was there claim it-you only had to be present to get it-3 would have required some code/game rule changes to allow a weapon to be transferred that way-as only stackables are-which most likely would have resulted in a bug someplace that would have had much more drastic affects.

There were people running around without armor( I took one hit for 376 damage in Boar w/ 6A's on--No need for any armor with a weapon like that) I saw people with pixie, goblin, shogun, Like was stated before nobody was killing anyone but the bots and RX guys. After the RX guys were killed a few times and some guns looted(found) That is when the first Warants arrived-as soon as they started popping people the RX guys vanished and the event was over.

I agree it was all about the timing but if this had been advertised and everyone given opportunity nobody but a select few would have even seen these guns go off--The ubbers would have just camped the location killing everything like it was the rig--a spur of the moment surprise attack like that was exactly the right call to maximize the participants.

I fully understand that people are upset that they couldn't attend--I know that feeling first hand from missing a lot of earlier events--seemed they were never the right times--even Colonist events I would have to miss cuz they would be scheduled for UK time and I would be at work. It is what it is and as long as you stick with it you will find yourself at the event that everyone else wanted to be at. Plus it is proof positive that you need to be prepared at any given time for anything--IE--get the tp's so you can get there quickly, have a savings so your not left out in the cold watching cuz you couldn't make repairs. It's life here same as in real life--things don't happen on your schedule-they just happen!!

Good luck to all and I hope to see you at the next one--schedule permitting of course :)

Dont forget how MA not only threw a party for the ubers in the last VU with the new PVP but this time as the bug reports are starting to fill the in boxes they throw another party for the ubers and then wack the noob gun to 50% breaking.The opalo now stops working at 50%. Screw the new blood right MA?

I happened to be online for this, and figured, no way would i try involvement. I wouldnt carry any ammo due to losing it by getting looted when i got killed, so all i had at the time due to lack of peds was a tt enblade. That wouldnt have worked well since it goes dead (from a full tt) seems like half way through killing a snablesnot anymore, for those who take things too literal, that was an exageration (be-it a small one) :laugh:

First off great article odd and my apologies for the following post but some of these issues need to be addressed imho.

<off topic>

As I am sure most have noticed I do not post here much anymore. I agree with the fact that this event was poorly planned out. They could have at least given us 24 hours notice.

What I do NOT agree with is that everyone should have a chance at these items. By no means am I an uber. I have deposited an excessive amount of money to get to where I am yet I would be considered mid level, upper mid level at best. Honestly you could probably buy a new car with my deposits.

Most of the people who get these items and that you term as ubers have deposited FAR more than I have even. Everyone loves to whine when they come up with new items. I even see players in my society complain about it. The other night someone said "Great, like Auktuma really needs to be the first colonist to discover blah blah blah". What they do not take into account is the amount of money these people have put into the universe. And honestly with the amount of money they put in MA probably does make sure at least some of the new items go to them. I want it that way, they are a MAJOR part of MA's income and if they did not get these items they may not deposit. If they do not deposit then MA goes bankrupt and we have no beloved EU so think before you speak and cry.

Granted there are players worth a fortune that have not deposited at all ever but they are few and far between and made wise purchases at the right time. I won't mention any names, but to see someone say "I have deposited $600.00 and only gotten one global" like they deserve a looted mod FAP is ridiculous. I deposit $600.00 in two weeks, sometimes one, yet you think you should be entitled to the same amount of Globals/HoF's/Items/Fame as I am?

Let's face it this is a casino plain and simple. You spend big you win big or in some cases you spend big and you lose big. I have plenty of people who get pissed off at me because they see my name fly by in all chat at least 5 times a day and call me rich boy. Let me assure you just because you global/HoF like a pig eats swill does not mean you are making money. Do you ever have a 500 PED bill at the repair terminal after a single hunt? I rather doubt it. A few of my friends (my wife included) are somewhat pissed off at me because I have looted 10k PED in HoF's and globals this week alone. Guess what, most of it is gone, back into skill chips and the loot pool. So once again please get some perspective.

What they do not realize is I run 3k-7k PED through EU every single day. Imho you will have a right to complain when you lose that $600.00 deposit in a matter of 5 hours. Until then be happy that you have what you have left from your $600.00 in deposits. You also need to keep in mind EU is a privelege not a right. If you don't like it go somewhere else.

I don't mean this to sound angry etc. but all you complainers really need to have some perspective. You think because you deposited $100, $200, $300, $600 you have a right to all the same benefits as someone who has deposited $50,000.00, $100,000.00, $500,000.00. Well unfortunately you don't. EU is a virtual universe not a virtual utopia where you get whatever you want no matter how much or how little you participate.

</off topic>

Now GL to everyone and may the good loot follow you wherver you go. Sorry for the off topic post.

Last edited:
Dont forget how MA not only threw a party for the ubers in the last VU with the new PVP but this time as the bug reports are starting to fill the in boxes they throw another party for the ubers and then wack the noob gun to 50% breaking.The opalo now stops working at 50%. Screw the new blood right MA?

Yeah, Neo was really excited when he logged into the new VU, and had to deposit to be able to repair and shoot his terminator :rolleyes:

And I guess you forget of the safe zones containing attackers, which were constantly camped by countless players in vigi/nemi etc looting insane amounts of minor teleport chips, zones which Frank seemed to know nothing about at the time of his interview, and which have since been "fixed".

I just love the "other" group, whose sole purpose is to spam different parts of the forum with irrelevant and annoying negative information, a term I use lightly in this situation...

Fun but short event, aside from Da and Stormer the majority of the players who recieved launchers were your normal players, no offense meant whatsoever. We look forward to more exciting events in the future, perhaps for longer durations, a la the eomon invasion :)

Hi

Normally i dont comment such things, but i could not help doing it this time...

First, its accessible for everyone. Second, there were far more "normal" players there, than ubers. Third, even ubers tend to die in pvp4 ;)

I think, at this point u dont understand the "game". Its not, that the uber get the items, cause of their status. Its mainly because the invest a lot of time in the game and are active (not just chating around). Would it be more "fair", if u chated around for 30 mins every day and hunt for 5 mins, and loot big stuff, compared to someone, who hunts 6 hours non-stop every day? I still believe, that loot is random. Therefore, the more u hunt/craft/..., the higher the chance, that u get some awsome loot. While u complain here, others hunt... Think about it!

MA seem to control manually the drops of new items... selected fews are getting them and its intented...

Use the search and find Marco's statement about this...

-rep for u

Buck.

Back