News: Entropia Universe Unreal Engine 5 Migration FAQ

So my toaster scrapes by and i can see my reflection in it though, does that mean it has raytracing and therefore EU will run fine on it?

I was looking at a new toaster the other day which could toast 4 breads at the same time, will that be able to run the required Ray Tracing DX12 compatible meshes fine?

/s kekw
Your problem is you have a toaster. Stop being a sweater and get an air fryer or toaster oven /s

37-40 fps on rx 580 raytracing max on crysis remastered (low settings)
25-30 fps on rx 580 raytracing max on crysus remastered (max settings)

Used rx 580s on aliexpress for 76 euros 4gb or 160 for 8 gb

Ofcourse this is cryengine, not unreal, but old graphics cards can do raytracing. You don't need the "rtx" label.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Seriously? Are we playing the same game? I have bought and paid for over 9k usd worth of computers, as well as over 1 million usd worth of real estate, all from EU profits, I have no other income. How are you people still playing if not making anything after all these years? Such a shame more people can't spend the time to figure out how to make it in a game that has 300 million usd turnover per year. Even a small % of a % can be massive.
Quick question: what do you think will happen to your Rocktropia's interests when the planet doesn't make a smooth transition through the U5 migration?
Neverdie has never had a good track record in implementing fixes, updates and such. Do you believe he will be able to handle a whole new graphic engine update as it is? Don't get me wrong: I LOVE RT... but these unfolding events have me a bit worried about its future.

Unreal Engine 5 in itself is capable of being deployed on platforms other than Windows. Is support for e.g. Linux, Mac being considered?

(Edit: Haven't checked if / how often this has been asked before. Hopefully a lot.)

....Is support for e.g. Linux, Mac being considered?

(Edit: Haven't checked if / how often this has been asked before. Hopefully a lot.)
This comes up a lot. Problem is simple:
Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, etc. Every new platform requires rebuilding massive sections of code. You need 1.5-2x more dev/tech manpower per platform vs a single platform. (Yes, there's tools to make system porting "easier", but not manpower or problem-free)

With that, comes simple business math: Do they believe there's enough non-Windows users that'll cover that cost increase?

Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, etc. Every new platform requires rebuilding massive sections of code. You need 1.5-2x more dev/tech manpower per platform vs a single platform. (Yes, there's tools to make system porting "easier", but not manpower or problem-free)

With that, comes simple business math: Do they believe there's enough non-Windows users that'll cover that cost increase?
30% of computers are Mac

30% of computers are Mac
and 99% of those again only use it for instagram and facebook.

Generally people who buy a mac use it for non gaming related stuff. For many years (not so much now) macs where great for editing and graphics deisgn. Today to people who simply want to "have it work" it does that incredibly well and reliably for several years. Yes they are expensive and popular to hate on but, "it just works, for years and years and years and years" and you can due to the price, sell it after a few years and have it not be devalued.

So yes, theres a lot of macs out there, honestly 30% feels low even assuming you probably googled fora quick number somewhere. its not enough end users using said mac to game on.

That's precisely what makes UE5 so interesting, it's taken care of already under the hood:

For the second part: This is a chicken-and-egg kind of problem. There aren't so many because they aren't considered. Many would ditch Windows if they could play their favourite games on it. With the engine taking care of the development troubles now, this is no longer an excuse and even would expand market reach. Tablets and smartphones are a different beast, some people keep asking for that but there still are hardware limitations.

That's precisely what makes UE5 so interesting, it's taken care of already under the hood:

For the second part: This is a chicken-and-egg kind of problem. There aren't so many because they aren't considered. Many would ditch Windows if they could play their favourite games on it. With the engine taking care of the development troubles now, this is no longer an excuse and even would expand market reach. Tablets and smartphones are a different beast, some people keep asking for that but there still are hardware limitations.
My Samsung s7 tablet is better than most players here computers, tablets shouldn’t be an issue

and 99% of those again only use it for instagram and facebook.

Generally people who buy a mac use it for non gaming related stuff. For many years (not so much now) macs where great for editing and graphics deisgn. Today to people who simply want to "have it work" it does that incredibly well and reliably for several years. Yes they are expensive and popular to hate on but, "it just works, for years and years and years and years" and you can due to the price, sell it after a few years and have it not be devalued.

So yes, theres a lot of macs out there, honestly 30% feels low even assuming you probably googled fora quick number somewhere. its not enough end users using said mac to game on.
Once again, do you have proof that 99% only use it for instagram and Facebook? Because I could say the same for 99% of Windows computers as well.

Once again, do you have proof that 99% only use it for instagram and Facebook? Because I could say the same for 99% of Windows computers as well.

You're reply is annoying and i wrote a litteral wall of text, ate a slice of bread and moved on. I know you're not the kind of person to intentionally just type stuff like that to annoy people so why do it now? :p

Anyways, 99% is obviously a gross exageration i wrote out of the blue, without having checked any data or stats in any way shape or form.

while writing a wall of text explaining word for word my reply and how most people should just be able to understand the text they read. heres a statistic i found from steam, on how many people game on what platform from 2021. (Spoiler alert, it turns out that even if my guestimate of 99% was accurate, and the fact that i thought 30% was low.. yikes.)

MGrO8md.png

And i'm sorry but most years, are very much like this with windows holding 95%. Feel free to look it up steam releaes hardware surveys very month and year publically. people talk about them on reddit an other places as well.

You're reply is annoying and i wrote a litteral wall of text, ate a slice of bread and moved on. I know you're not the kind of person to intentionally just type stuff like that to annoy people so why do it now? :p
Ah see, you actually have shown the statistics. That wasn't that tough to do. I'm not sure what's annoying about having someone not spew random numbers though? Is it bad to ask for sources where someone gets their information? If that's something you find annoying then I'm not sure what to say.

Now I would like to add that is specifically for Steam, and then I would also like to add that about 8.5% of Windows devices have steam downloaded if we take the total number of windows devices versus how many active steam users there are.

So I could say about 91.5% of Windows devices are not used for gaming if we assume Steam is the only measurement of playing games.

Additionally the current June 2022 Stats don't have apple silicon taken into account, as more and more come into the field as being capable gaming devices, I believe these numbers could continue to shift.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Unreal Engine 5 plays very nicely with multiple different OS, Hardware, etc.

What it comes down to though, is that once UE5 drops, there's absolutely no reason to have Entropia on PS5, XboxX, Switch, Mac, and Windows.

In practice, for competent companies, it's easier to update on all platforms at once then one at a time using UE5 as well.

As we know Mindark has I believe either 8 or 12 (I'd have to check financial reports) more people hired this year versus last year. Thanks a big difference depending on where those employees went to. I know they had I think 4 or 5 positions open for UE5 development though.

Ah see, you actually have shown the statistics. That wasn't that tough to do. I'm not sure what's annoying about having someone not spew random numbers though? Is it bad to ask for sources where someone gets their information? If that's something you find annoying then I'm not sure what to say.

its not a random number. If you talk to someone do you speak to them in a square A4 manner? no one does. Grow up and learn how to read a phrase, then understand a general composition.

If you are no cappable of doing so, a tip is to just ask a simple phrase. "Can you elaborate please?". That is the annoying part, having to explain basic sentence composition to someoen purposfully missinterpreting and trying to pull a leg. It is unecessary and does not contribute to any discussion as it is just one part aiming to piss of the other to get a response and go "HA I WON!". I see a forum as a place to interact, discuss. If I wanted to get pissed off i'd go to reddit. That is where those types of replies with that tone lies.

Now I would like to add that is specifically for Steam, and then I would also like to add that about 8.5% of Windows devices have steam downloaded if we take the total number of windows devices versus how many active steam users there are.

So I could say about 91.5% of Windows devices are not used for gaming if we assume Steam is the only measurement of playing games.

Again, If your goal is to purposfully missinterpret a conversation, why? You you obviously know its not a "general statistics for the whole wide world", there was never a situation where it woudl be that, it was not stated, after all. if we assume that anyone playing on a computer or mac are on obsolete devices, as the second biggest chunk goes to consoles. who is again dwarfed by mobile. So we should be asking why is entropia not on mobile yet, that would be to apply the exact presumptive tone intepretation you use, and its annoying and counter productive to a conversation, it deals in absolutes no one brings up and all parties are able to see and understand, does not belong.

But steam is for computers one of the biggest actors we have, to the point where i'm not gonna say any numbers i might get it right again hue, but its so big today that more or less everyone goes through it. Blizzards battlenet reported abot the same device numbers as steam did, GoG comapred to steam is tiny, but again shows a vast majority in windows machines. and thanks to apple being apple, EGS was not allowed on macs for a long time. It is now again though but it shows the same statistics pretty much. I wont mention things such as origin, uplay, etc, because while you can use those independantly, in the grand scheme they become small, and split as you find a lot of games on steam, sending you to these launchers as well. And i wont bother looking into the asian market where theres a megaload of users who do not use macs but do use windows to play arpgs of all sorts which bypasses all statistics snaggers i can think of.

Additionally the current June 2022 Stats don't have apple silicon taken into account, as more and more come into the field as being capable gaming devices, I believe these numbers could continue to shift.

No. if hardware was the case, macs would be more than competent already, infact they have had adequate hardware for more than a decade and longer, to go even further the hardware in macs is so good that you do not even need to replace it nearly half as often. and even old macs have the power to run new games "ok". and newer macs have hardware long before any new chips, to function more than ok. infact, better than most actuall "windows" normal machines. The OS that it is based on though, not so much. (Good tip though if you can snag a cheap mac, do it, killer servers that usually have a tonne more power than you'd get for the price in a old machine. and jsut because theres an apple on it does not mean you have to use it with IOS...)

Another thing to consider is the fact that Unreal Engine 5 plays very nicely with multiple different OS, Hardware, etc.

Hey did you stalk my posts from before? Because I too know this and said this many times even in your stream :D But alas it does not run very well with linux nor iOS yet. So yes, but actually no. Its beyond buggy, getting better, but buggy. working with UE5 and game development, and having friends working with it, also in game development, its a great engine feel free to hit me up if you want tips and tricks on how to use it some time, and if i can't figure something out, i can forward it to epic and ill get someone in there to help you out.

What it comes down to though, is that once UE5 drops, there's absolutely no reason to have Entropia on PS5, XboxX, Switch, Mac, and Windows.

In practice, for competent companies, it's easier to update on all platforms at once then one at a time using UE5 as well.

As we know Mindark has I believe either 8 or 12 (I'd have to check financial reports) more people hired this year versus last year. Thanks a big difference depending on where those employees went to. I know they had I think 4 or 5 positions open for UE5 development though.

You mean, "not having it on all" or do you mean to that theres no reason to have it on any platform at all (was it a typo?)? A console port, requires a whole load of things, not just "the game" being the game, its a whole can of worms that i'm not even gonna bother explaining but, simply put, you can forget EU on console, unless it becomes a seperate game, or possible only available on xbox (as its essentially just 'microsoft') so i presume you mean to have it on mac and windows only(Crossplay, oh crossplay, oh different server architecture to talk to eachother... MA is not made of that kind of gold sadly :p ) . where hardware never has been a stopper, but having to completely rebuild something to work on something else. As for mac, the audience is just to low to merrit a port to work properly (this is why you rarely see trippel A titles ever on mac, its just a waste of time to develop it as it is not a simple switcharoo.). its much more adviced to instruct the handfull of mac users who want to game on their macs, to use dualboot windows than it is to have a whole company shift its development for those few. Again, hardware, is no issue, mac has never had a single issue here vs computers unless you wanna look at the somewhat long time between when new mac models do get new hardware, and that means towards a hardware series end in macs it can make it a little meh, but its no issue at all in the majority of cases and games.

This game is made with UE5 by a solo developer it seems. I wonder how much time it took him to make it.

Back