News: Entropia Universe Unreal Engine 5 Migration FAQ

Are we playing the same game?
You could ask whether we are playing at the same sports centre (but different sports) or whether we are even living on the same planet. That's the thing about a wide spread of customers, but MA may just lose many and then everyone will truely be playing the same game as you then? (but I dunno where your profits will come from after that...)
edit to power: dunno what a Bloomberg Terminal is, but if you offer me access to things I've only ever dreamed of, then it is highly likely it will no longer consist of EU. It would be a case of "Thanks MA for the help in shifting my arse higher, but now byebye as I can see so much more". You see? But thanks also for the point, if valid, that functionality transfer should come without any losses at all...

Last edited:
You could ask whether we are playing at the same sports centre (but different sports) or whether we are even living on the same planet. That's the thing about a wide spread of customers, but MA may just lose many and then everyone will truely be playing the same game as you then?

You're going to gain access to EU on your PHONE, TV, PC, MAC, XBOX, PLAYSTATION and virtually any other device you want. This opens more doors than it closes.

Edit: This also opens the doors to cloud gaming like Google Stadia. You may not even need a PC to handle the specs when a cloud computer is doing all the rendering for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am appalled that people think that just because people play this game, and have maybe played for years that it guarentees they have a not insignificant amount of money to throw at a new machine.
They may not be poor enough to need to cash out, they may have temporary difficulties, but life is a bitch and we cannot all be certain of our incomes over the next few months.
Examples:
Those on furlough because of the pandemic.
Those made redundant, at any time
People with health conditions that have removed them from the workplace, or at least reduced their income
Are you seriously saying they should put themselves in debt to buy a gaming PC, or wait and save a little longer.
All I suggested was that MA give these folk some extra leeway.

I am not suggesting MA don't change CryEngine or any other update. Hell I am as excited by the potential for the game as anyone.
But we none of us know if we will be in the same financial situation next week, month, year. Life changes are hard enough to deal with, without also worrying we could lose all our items, skills etc gained over years while saving for a new PC.

The arrogance some of you are showing, the insensitivity to your fellow players astounds and appals me.
Show some humanity.

Also dont forget about those who use laptop due to traveling a lot. Not only about price of gaming laptop but about weight... you know =_=

You're going to gain access to EU on your phone, TV, PC, MAC, Xbox, Playstation and virtually any other device you want. This opens more doors than it closes.
I asked about that but don't expect a response really quickly given the speed of responses here. If PS-compatible for example then I may buy one of those, yes, but the open door may entice me to a lot more all of a sudden than towards EU.
Also, how will we access EU by phone or TV. Is this something with UE5 and MA partnership I've not seen?

I am appalled that people think that just because people play this game, and have maybe played for years that it guarentees they have a not insignificant amount of money to throw at a new machine.
They may not be poor enough to need to cash out, they may have temporary difficulties, but life is a bitch and we cannot all be certain of our incomes over the next few months.
Examples:
People with health conditions that have removed them from the workplace, or at least reduced their income
Are you seriously saying they should put themselves in debt to buy a gaming PC, or wait and save a little longer.

I am not suggesting MA don't change CryEngine or any other update. Hell I am as excited by the potential for the game as anyone.
But we none of us know if we will be in the same financial situation next week, month, year. Life changes are hard enough to deal with, without also worrying we could lose all our items, skills etc gained over years while saving for a new PC.

The arrogance some of you are showing, the insensitivity to your fellow players astounds and appals me.
Show some humanity.
UE5 should require no more resources and probably less than CE. CE is a big resource hog. I expect the game will run smoother even if you don't care about pretty graphics.

What tragic event will befall our lovely Entropia this time around.

Before it was an asteroid smashing into Handesheim on Calypso , but we need a much more epic event this time.

How about a NASA deep space probe , returning with an invading army of a new and exotic beasties.

What tragic event will befall our lovely Entropia this time around.

Before it was an asteroid smashing into Handesheim on Calypso , but we need a much more epic event this time.

Since this new tragedy has to affect all planets and moons I would suggest a star going supernova ! :)

Q: When does MindArk plan on migrating Entropia Universe over to Unreal Engine 5?
A: Development of the Unreal Engine 5 version of Entropia Universe is already underway. However, no target release date has yet been determined or announced. Keep an eye out for future announcements on the Entropia Universe official website.

Ah don't worry then.

I'll check again in 5 years or so....

Examples:

Show some humanity.
You raise a lot of good points. It's clear you really care about others, and its important to you that MA treats them fairly.

I'm on board with the sentiment and concern you shared, 100%.

I would be surprised if MA didn't take this into account and offer people some sort of "shelter" or protection against account deletion during this time of migration. I'm sure they will, especially because this is an idea I think most everyone will support; and you're doing a good job raising it and providing the voice to those it will affect. MA frequents these forums and listens. We'll see if an official FAQ addressing this gets added.

If not, send a PM to My, she's an incredible community resource and very responsive. Hit her up on Discord, she's very active there.

What does this mean for players without decent computers?

I don't think you have to worry. I was playing an unreal engine 4 game on my old laptop which was barely able to run EU on low. The range of settings is pretty wide and I am fairly confident that if a computer can run EU on low nowadays, it will be able to do so in unreal 5 too. (With the notable exception of eventual software/processor generations requirements, such as directx and/or x64).

Also, I think is reasonable to have in mind an ETA of 1 year. It would maybe be a good idea to start saving towards a target of 4-500$, which, at the date of release, should cover at least the lowest settings. But, in general, let's see the things done, let's see specs for minimum settings and worry after.

Have you seen the prices on GPUs atm MA ? Lets hope the price on those returns to normal. Right now a good one will cost you about 3K in canada. I am not sure why some people are saying computers are cheap. However, I highly doubt we will see this engine change in our lifetime. For the time being, I suggest focusing on the now and fix the web shop issues, ideally before the summer ends. That would be a good start.

Have you seen the prices on GPUs atm MA ? Lets hope the price on those returns to normal. Right now a good one will cost you about 3K in canada. I am not sure why some people are saying computers are cheap. However, I highly doubt we will see this engine change in our lifetime. For the time being, I suggest focusing on the now and fix the web shop issues, ideally before the summer ends. That would be a good start.

Amazing link from 2018, thanks. By the way, to buy a 1080ti or 1070 now is impossible, and used they will run you 6-800. Great deal hunh ? You live in canada, take a peak at kijiji. As far as an rx 480 goes, I am not even sure why anyone would want such a card. Is it possible that you are the only person on the planet who has not seen the current GPU market ?

Examples:

Show some humanity.
I’m not sure why people are being snarky, but you asked a legitimate question. For that, I will give you my best guess answer. Official answer, found on planetcalypso.com support FAQs, it that you can contact Entropia Support and put your account on hold for up to 750 days. They will lock your account, and you have to reactivate before the 750 days end. Unofficial answer, and I am not 100% sure I am not dooming my account by doing this, is to log into your account on planetcalypso.com. Haven’t gotten an inactivity email in a awhile by doing this

So just breaking it down for everyone freaking out over the system req changes.

CPU
Now
2.0 Ghz (dual core) After 2.5Ghz (quad core)
Most cpu in the last decade will cover this fairly easily

Ram
Now
4Gb After 8Gb
Fairly cheap upgrade especially if your current setup has spare ram slots

GPU
Now
NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 6000 series After DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 compatible graphics card
anything after the Nvidia 460 is DX11 compatible so for the most part your GPU will still be fine even if it is running at the lower end

Anyone of a desktop running near the old minimum should be able to make the upgrade pretty cheaply. The only problems i can see are people who are running at below the recommended minimum spec or people running on laptops which are difficult to upgrade.

If youre starting from scratch take something like this

whack a $50-100 gpu in it and you're off and running for under $300

you're not going to be playing at super high specs, but if you don't meet the minimum then you weren't doing that anyway

I am "Pro UE5". My primary concern is that the gameplay doesn't change too much. Over the years since I started participating in Entropia I have transitioned into a middle-aged man. I can't play twitch/reflex COD based games so well anymore. I prefer pressing F to interact these days rather than to Pay Respects.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
If Not PED Into USD Who Gonna Play This Game :LOL:

They Even Said They Care About They Graphic , You Don't Even Fix This Graphic Bug Left Over Last Time From DX 11 Rollback Into DX10 :ROFLMAO:

Given Time Before Switch Gonna Be Like 8~12 Months NOT 2 Years Unlikely :giggle:

Feel Bad Though RCE Doesn't Want To Focus On Loot Output / Items Drop Rates / Chance To HoF , ATH Instead They Chasing This So Call New Engine :unsure:

Granny, but cost of playing EU is high enough for anyone to have money for decent PC. If not, they are playing a wrong game to begin with.
I am very aware of the cost to play EU. I am also very aware that even the best players may sometimes hit a lean patch in RL finances. All I ask is that MA consider extending their 'one year and we take it all' policy to give an extension to those that communicate their problem to MA. This way it would not add to the upset and burden those players will already feel, it would not rob them of their hard earned skills and in game items. Then when they are able they can return feeling that MA supported them and respected them. Which is surely in everyone's interest.
Also it may surprise you to know that many of us don't depo regularly, and couldn't afford to even if we wanted to. This game has an ageing population, many of who started as high income in RL but are now on a pension. Does age, infirmity, disability or temporary unemployment mean we should quit, and lose the friendships and companionship? Not everyone in EU is rich, not everyone plays full tilt and to hell with the financial consequences. In fact I strongly believe the majority of players have financial restraints. Those who don't are lucky, and should sympathise not degrade or insult those less fortunate. Because if you look back at the last major upgrade after vu 9 it has taken years for many of those players to return, and some are lost forever.

In addition to the foundation of RCE, Entropia has a unique aspect of learning, developing and upgrading knowledge in a very wide range of real life embedded in this virtual environment. This can be used as a prerequisite for Microsoft because of theyr free products for anyone who has decided to develop their personal qualities.

Maybe I should have checked before this post but the price of Windows 10 is about 1.5 million bottles of sweat and roughly speaking about a year additional study of this profession in the universe.

PP.
This is not a reproach to this profession, but to the MA, which imposes Windows 10 on those who use Windows 7.

Seriously? Are we playing the same game? I have bought and paid for over 9k usd worth of computers, as well as over 1 million usd worth of real estate, all from EU profits, I have no other income. How are you people still playing if not making anything after all these years? Such a shame more people can't spend the time to figure out how to make it in a game that has 300 million usd turnover per year. Even a small % of a % can be massive.
Simple, very very simple... for you it is a profit making venture, for others it is just a game, pure and simply a place to come and relax, they expect to pay to play as in other games, they hope to keep it affordable. But primarily for many players it is first and foremost a game not a business dressed up as a game. For others like me it is perhaps somewhere in between. I hope my in-game businesses will make enough to let me in effect play for free. I am fortunate in that both of my machines will meet the criteria for Cry5, but am aware of many others that may not be as fortunate.
It is a game that can be played in a huge variety of ways, the profit seekers, the gamblers, the shoot it if it moves brigade, the miner enjoying his walks through the countryside. There is no right way, no wrong way, it is not dictated by the size of our IRL cashflow. That is the joy of EU for so many people. I hope MA protects this variety.
Many players have neither your level of experience, your initial bankroll, nor an interest in this being a job of work, not to mention the simple maths.. if no-one loses, if we all make a profit.. then MA goes bust and we have no game at all.

Last edited:
In addition to the foundation of RCE, Entropia has a unique aspect of learning, developing and upgrading knowledge in a very wide range of real life embedded in this virtual environment. This can be used as a prerequisite for Microsoft because of theyr free products for anyone who has decided to develop their personal qualities.

Maybe I should have checked before this post but the price of Windows 10 is about 1.5 million bottles of sweat and roughly speaking about a year additional study of this profession in the universe.

PP.
This is not a reproach to this profession, but to the MA, which imposes Windows 10 on those who use Windows 7.
Windows 7 is over 10 years old. There's no reason MA should support it. More importantly, it reached its end of life last year and is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Is the server lag we are currently experiencing and watching our loots despawn the master plan for paying for UE5??

Is the server lag we are currently experiencing and watching our loots despawn the master plan for paying for UE5??

Most weak computers slow down the normal process of servers when we connect ... this is the reason for the lag.

You can have better that this specs pc for under 600$ even maybe 500$ . If you dont have that amount of money or cant save it for 1-2 years you better get your shits together

For those that are salty atm this will take many months until the transition, id say at least 1 year. Also when they added CE i remember many had this reaction but with low details many of us still used the old PCs.

In the end if the game become more smooth its big win.

PP.

Soon Windows 11 will be required so machines bought now may be obsolete in a few months as many old spec hardware may not be powerful enough?... Time will tell.

Back