News: 2024 User Interface Update

No way it is, UE5 is the only way MA is going to get new players in this game and have the largest chance of them staying. They also already put a shit ton of money into it, scrapping the project would just be throwing away millions of $$.
it will not change anything in playerbase

I think that the dots on the radar should be resizable to increase visibility.
Ideally also improved waypoints on radar and there has been no teaser for the map. I hope you guys will update it so waypoints are more visible and increased zoom options maybe transparency options too. No teaser for codex, I hope it gets update like adding custom notes to specific codex mobs with clickable waypoints, loot lists etc. So much potential for improvement.
I'd like to see option to adjust radar background color to something else then black.

Being able to adjust trasparency.

For people with colorblindness it can be difficult to "read" radar while in mid combat trying to avoid extra pulls.

Personally i have this issue depending on background foliage color and lighting.

I like the idea of scaling dots for better visibility, Would be nice to adjust dot colors too. 👍🙏

Y'know, the really interesting thing that catches me is....

All our keyboard mapping is stored inside MA's database.

It should have been highly simple to go: "Gee, wonder how many players actually use the left-side Ctrl button for anything?" and get a good answer. (obviously include all keys, actions, etc. for full understanding of their players)

Hopefully, they used this and other easy in-system research, NOT just "latest trends in other games" research, to get ideas for this new interface.

I will choose to be positive about this. No need for negativity on this topic, until the actual release comes.

Y'know, the really interesting thing that catches me is....

All our keyboard mapping is stored inside MA's database.

It should have been highly simple to go: "Gee, wonder how many players actually use the left-side Ctrl button for anything?" and get a good answer. (obviously include all keys, actions, etc. for full understanding of their players)

Hopefully, they used this and other easy in-system research, NOT just "latest trends in other games" research, to get ideas for this new interface.

I will choose to be positive about this. No need for negativity on this topic, until the actual release comes.
If the game was programmed by not monkey's then yes this would be super easy. We saw how long they took for Ark Gold Rush results the last 2 times and they STILL got it wrong.

Including someone who ADMITTED to cheating on their stream and still placed!

This is nice!

Thanks for the info, but I'm unsure of what you mean.
Do you mean that system by system will be compatible with UE5 gradually, but not actually running on UE5, or that somehow you will be running in parallel, almost as a cloud solution, with your servers running UE5 content, but not us actually doing so?
Reading the Q4 letter from the CEO and what ludvig said what this means is they will more or less rewrite all the server side things and then whack a new frontend ( UE5 instead of Cryo2 ) on that new infrastructure.

When they mention "modules" what they mean is "Deposits" is one module.
Auction is another and so is "Shoot mob get loot" on the server side as another module.

While they do this we might get tiny updates here and there... we may also see some real OG stuff break.
You have to remember their network layer in the game right now (Cryo2) is partially from the previous engine (Gamebryo) so it's not the first time MA has opted into working this way where they slap a new shiny front end on a very old backend that has been updated to... function.

It should have been highly simple to go: "Gee, wonder how many players actually use the left-side Ctrl button for anything?"
Is it just me that SPACE is move up and LEFT CTRL is move down?

visual "implementations" can be for sure good, expecially in improving performance but..
i am still doubtful of "New shelter" concept, to me best shelter is megavolt where terminal are 3 meter apart teleport
new ones that require a run in a useless corridor, guessing where entrance and exit is are not a "quality of life" upgrade.
Rookie zone of Cyrene with all terminals lined up is best for convenience IMHO.
to me best implementation of the UI would be to remove "wearing CD" and "equipping CD" making changing armor an INSTANT action and also pose FAP on an external CD and not in global so that can heal without unequipping weapon and not loosing time to wait for FAP (or heal chip) to be equipped/Unequipped (yes, two seconds can mean getting a critical in the face)

Last edited:
All cooldowns in general should be much easier to see and be aware of after the update.

would be amazing to see a visual effect correlated to the active buffs that ends at a certain point, like when u take a medistim/autoloot/skill gain pill u see an effect by taking that pill but after the effect ends is nothing to shows that,

a small effect to announce the ending of the buff, like a glowing avatar for a split of a second, i think would be cool and useful ( the visual effect that venom does when hit by a spina noble is really cool and i like it very much, i can even count the hits and prepare other defensive measures, excellent idea there )

in a team effort i even can tell to a member that he lost a buff if he does not see it in time.

we love globals and hofs yellow effect and i think other action can bring joy and fun when happen, i think is worth to be explored, lots of possibilities there.

Last edited:
just please double and triple check..that the item links in the stickies arent gone then...( i have over 10k item links...and no i wont copy them all into mails)
the rest i ll wait and see *crossing fingers it will all work out*

Having more storage capacity would be great, it's been 500 items max since... Forever, but a lof of new items have been added over the years.

More chat options would be very beneficial. To think of a few QOL;
/List [channel name] admin
Welcome message for channels
Mute/ban someone for X time

just please double and triple check..that the item links in the stickies arent gone then...( i have over 10k item links...and no i wont copy them all into mails)
the rest i ll wait and see *crossing fingers it will all work out*
or make it possible to link from AH search......

Is it just me that SPACE is move up and LEFT CTRL is move down?

That is how my flight controls are setup. I think this is default for vertical ascend and descend.

The UI team is investigating if it's possible to make the modifiers an option which can be turned off... though if so, it may not be in this particular update, but in a patch a few days later.

Alright, an update from the UI team regarding the CTRL/SHIFT modifiers; there will be an option in the interface where you can select if you want to use modifiers or not.

If you choose to use modifiers, the CTRL and SHIFT buttons will be reserved for use in modifiers, and you can bind CTRL + [Any Button] or SHIFT + [Any Button], but you cannot use CTRL or SHIFT without modifiers.

If you choose to not use modifiers, you can bind whatever you want to CTRL and SHIFT, but you cannot use modifiers.

@NevadaJake @Duhword @Sub-Zero @GeorgeSkywalker @Orion @Bones @JohnCapital @Msturlese @Sirhc

Hello there - comments coming from remote tablet player:

1) Looks like I'll be able to put a bunch of icons anywhere which is good. See screen dump below, red circle. I think if the bar hides the unused slots, that would be nice.

2) Please make sure these commands don't get removed from the action library:
- Rotate Left
- Rotate Right
- Look Up
- Look Down
- Jump/Move Up
- Move Down
- Move Left/Right (nice to have just in case)

index.php
@Ludvig|MindArk
Would sincerely appreciate an answer to this. Currently it's possible to play the whole game just with icons and your mouse. It provide Great flexibility

Hello there - comments coming from remote tablet player:

1) Looks like I'll be able to put a bunch of icons anywhere which is good. See screen dump below, red circle. I think if the bar hides the unused slots, that would be nice.

2) Please make sure these commands don't get removed from the action library:
- Rotate Left
- Rotate Right
- Look Up
- Look Down
- Jump/Move Up
- Move Down
- Move Left/Right (nice to have just in case)

@Ludvig|MindArk
Would sincerely appreciate an answer to this. Currently it's possible to play the whole game just with icons and your mouse. It provide Great flexibility

If you can currently bind a key and put it as an icon, you will be able to bind it and put it in an action bar after the update... so it should work just as before.

Unused slots are not hidden, though they are transparent (as you can see in the OP). We may also add an option to have unused buttons fade fully in a future patch.

If you can currently bind a key and put it as an icon, you will be able to bind it and put it in an action bar after the update... so it should work just as before.

Unused slots are not hidden, though they are transparent (as you can see in the OP). We may also add an option to have unused buttons fade fully in a future patch.
@Ludvig|MindArk
Currently you can put an icon anywhere, without having to bind it to any key, so you can just press it with your mouse to activate, are you saying that we'll lose this ability? That would be a huge nerf if it will no longer be possible to be honest... I can even accept no longer be able to put an icon anywhere on screen but why remove something that is that useful. In most old and new MMORPGs you can manually click on an "action" icon and it will do the action, even if its not set to a hotkey/key.

@Ludvig|MindArk
Currently you can put an icon anywhere, without having to bind it to any key, so you can just press it with your mouse to activate, are you saying that we'll lose this ability? That would be a huge nerf if it will no longer be possible to be honest... I can even accept no longer be able to put an icon anywhere on screen but why remove something that is that useful. In most old and new MMORPGs you can manually click on an "action" icon and it will do the action, even if its not set to a hotkey/key.

As I said, it will work just as before, except you have to put it in an action bar instead of as a loose icon.

As I said, it will work just as before, except you have to put it in an action bar instead of as a loose icon.
Thanks for clarification. Will it be possible to move the actions bars to anywhere we want on screen and the HP related UI? I understand if not doable within current time frame, but maybe in a future patch?
If that would be possible it would add a bit more custom customization like we can now. A simple "unhook" and hook option. Couple this feature with being able to hide any unused action bar slots and we'll almost have what have currently, only more modern.
In FFXIV for example you can show/hide any action bar (also resize all UI), and set them anywhere on your screen. So if we could hide/show any action bar at once, even if they not have been assigned any icon/key would provide with a lot more customization options.

Thanks for clarification. Will it be possible to move the actions bars to anywhere we want on screen and the HP related UI? I understand if not doable within current time frame, but maybe in a future patch?

It should be possible to move all UI elements to whereever you want them on the screen, yes. You can also set the action bars to be either horizontal or vertical.

• Action Bars & Icon Management: The new action bar management system simplifies customization. The update reduces on-screen icons and enhances visual clarity. Users can assign icons to a maximum of five bars, each with ten actions and three pages, allowing 150 assignable actions. Keybinds are now possible with modifiers (CTRL and SHIFT) and are not limited to the dashboard or action bar.

You can also assign key bindings to actions which you do not have icons for, if you want, and each action can have up to three key bindings. Mouse and keyboard both work, so you should easily be able to do everything with just the mouse if you wish.

so you should easily be able to do everything with just the mouse if you wish.
Apart from walk, run etc and some unusual actions currently I use the mouse for most things e.g. change weapon, armour, shoot mobs so this is like the best news I've heard all day. Thanks.

- One happy padawan (y)

Allowing unused slots to fade completely would definitely make the UI look less cluttered. World of Warcraft and EVE Online both allow unused slots to be invisible. Looks very nice.

Thank you for this opportunity for players to share their ideas :)

LON/LAT (coordinates) by the radar will be added as an option before release.
SUGGESTION: Add a way to manually type in coordinates in to radar when creating waypoints instead of having to click on it and randomly hope it's close enough. Chat can add waypoints, I realize, but allowing it directly when looking at radar or map would be better.

It should be possible to move all UI elements to whereever you want them on the screen, yes. You can also set the action bars to be either horizontal or vertical.

You can also assign key bindings to actions which you do not have icons for, if you want, and each action can have up to three key bindings. Mouse and keyboard both work, so you should easily be able to do everything with just the mouse if you wish.
Join me in this prayer

I am hoping the 95 onscreen icons I am currently using , will fit into these action bars and are still legible.
I am hoping I can navigate with the mouse , as I do now.
I am hoping the changes that were made to aiming , lock onto mob , and all the other navigation changes that were made during the introduction of loot 2.0 , are not lost or changed. My frustration level was so high , I wasn't sure I would stay at one point.

Change is more than good , its essential , but the driving force behind that change should never be , because others do it.

Back