30-45% return

Look here!

Ambu: h400+a104+170ped ammo both. Return after hunt is 145 PED in TT me & my friend same - is really not bad ;) "-85"

Furor: h400+a104+170ped ammo; result: 212 in tt (~230 with MU) for both; 4 globs: 52, 59, 60 and 56 ;) I can say this hunt be on "0" ;)

Atrox: h400+a105+170ped ammo; result: 180 in tt (shit) for both; without globals; not bad ;) ? "-49"
Jumping ship is a really bad idea, try to stay in one place for a longer period of time. Get some discipline, doing this kind of hunting is seriously bad for maximising markup potential from your loot, in which case you end up TT'ing cause it's almost useless holding it all, maybe not output amps though but either way the TT amount won't be much ;). Like Jennson said do 20x full amp decayed runs. This is what hunting is all about for me.

Last edited:
Seems like you can go quite a bit more eco there Rufen!

In my history I checked my Drone runs and I do ~500 PED ammo on A105+P5a and have less armor decay than you (4 PED armor and 3 PED FAP on average for me).

Seems like you can go quite a bit more eco there Rufen!

In my history I checked my Drone runs and I do ~500 PED ammo on A105+P5a and have less armor decay than you (4 PED armor and 3 PED FAP on average for me).
Come on Dante, cut me some slack. I'm now just breaking under 2%. TWO PERCENT!! :laugh:. Getting to this is a mighty achievement for me :ahh:. Anyways atm drones respond to your evader profession as that is the skill I'm getting from them, not dodge which is helping me atm :scratch2:.

I am the very same situation as OP..

1. no
2. no ... same crap results with all kind of stuff 8 out of 10 mobs lootless most times
3. I know many others ... they simply left

From my point of view 90% long term tt return is :BS:

QUESTION to OP: What is your gross/net value in items hoarded up in inventory/storage?
I am on trying out to sell all my stuff... maybe loot return rate is tied to that... the only option left to try.

Bingo! (too short...)

Its relative!
As said first thing such threads should start with is: define hunt!
For me a hunt is killing at least 100+ mobs in a row, without interception.

This is a good definition :)

Jumping ship is a really bad idea, try to stay in one place for a longer period of time. Get some discipline, doing this kind of hunting is seriously bad for maximising markup potential from your loot, in which case you end up TT'ing cause it's almost useless holding it all, maybe not output amps though but either way the TT amount won't be much ;). Like Jennson said do 20x full amp decayed runs. This is what hunting is all about for me.

Yea, I think this is the OP's problem. I wouldn't even contemplate going after atrox, ambu or levi with less than 500 ped ammo, and on a "gamble" mob like trox, this might not even be enough.

My advice would be to pick one of the Iron Missions and grind at it, you'll see your returns stabilise after a while.

hi,
last four years I have regulary lose (I played around 9 years total)
98% of my hunting returned me around 30-45% in tt; 1,8% of my hunting returned me around 100-110% in tt, 0,2% of my hunting returned me 120-200% in tt.
at that time I have tried various weapons, mobs and location - in each case the same situation.
As in the one place (first hunting run) gave me 100% back, this next hunting in this same place gave me 30-45% return in tt, and next, next same crap ;)
I tried mining, crafting too; mining with amps and without amps - returns be same as from hunting

has anyone an idea on theories what happening with me? :tongue2::laugh::wise::smoke::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

may have any additional questions? happy to answer :cool:

Best great regards,
addicted and used without compassion
XII

Don't dare post anything like this here :mad:... What are you thinking??:laugh:... All the fanboys will say its your fault ..YOU are doing something wrong:wise:

did you forget to uncheck the charity box b4 installing?

eu_install.jpg

:lolup:

1. no
2. no ... same crap results with all kind of stuff 8 out of 10 mobs lootless most times

QUESTION to OP: What is your gross/net value in items hoarded up in inventory/storage?

I am on trying out to sell all my stuff... maybe loot return rate is tied to that... the only option left to try.

BINGO .... Level 40 attachment and level 40 prospecting .... Used to depo 500 USD per week down to 250/ week now ... Don't get returns more than 50 % ... No. 53 in All Time Top Crafters because I spent the money but never got anything more than 10k ... Keep killing the game that could have been something MA/FPC... Or whatever the f@&$ you are called now !!!

I always try to hunt mobs bigger then my skill level should hunt and use a weapon not very eco friendly for me because damage is higher and PED cost for item is cheaper.

Those are the mistakes I make while hunting but I learned to accept the lower return rate because I like to hunt these mobs makes for fun game play.

I know you are way more experienced in EU then I am so the following epiphanies about my flaws and how to correct them can be ignored by all if unhelpful.

If I were smart and wanted to maximize my returns I'd pay more for a gun I am maxed on and can deal the damage I want to deal that has the best durability I can get, then go hunt a mob my evade or dodge and hunting skills are appropriate for. This would cause less overhead in cost and more value for the loot. Also make sure you use appropriate armor or no armor to decrease armor decay costs. But as I said at my level I'd be fighting the boring mobs then and it would not seem challenging to fight them at all.

Mining I believe is more about data collecting and finding the areas where you get the resources you want and can sell for high markup. Even when you do find some hot spots you like the resources change and you can find a few different types in the area but usually you can find resources in that general area on a 1-3 day basis. This is just my experience with mining I have heard others say it is not so but seems to hold true for me. I only use AMP's in areas I know to be this way, it increases my finds at less risk.

Crafting ugg I have no help for you there, it still seems to be a PED sinker for me. High QR BP's and high skills and use BP's your are 100% skilled in is my only advise.

I am in the same situation, thus I play much less then I used to and I don't deposit anymore.

No matter what people claim here on the forum about 90% return on average during a longer period of time, it never worked for me, not even when I played hardcore. There are more lucky players and there are less lucky players. I belong to the second category from the start, I guess the same goes for you. :scratch2:

No matter what people claim here on the forum about 90% return on average during a longer period of time, it never worked for me, not even when I played hardcore.

There I see only one number = famous "90%".

Can you define "hardcore" term, from your POV? Numbers.
Can you define "longer period" term from your POV? Numbers.

Thx.

There I see only one number = famous "90%".

Can you define "hardcore" term, from your POV? Numbers.
Can you define "longer period" term from your POV? Numbers.

Thx.

Hardcore = about 30-45 hours a week. Maybe 15-25 in some less active periods.
Longer period = 4 years.

I hate that PE has evolved to number crunching only to justify the ped spent. Not that I threw the ped away from 2003-2007, but it definitely wasn't such a number crunching game then it is these days.

Hardcore = about 30-45 hours a week. Maybe 15-25 in some less active periods.
Longer period = 4 years.

I hate that PE has evolved to number crunching only to justify the ped spent. Not that I threw the ped away from 2003-2007, but it definitely wasn't such a number crunching game then it is these days.

1. You must be doing ok, if you mining? No?
2. Unfortunately, it's natural evolution of RCE.

hi,
98% of my hunting returned me around 30-45% in tt; 1,8% of my hunting returned me around 100-110% in tt, 0,2% of my hunting returned me 120-200% in tt.
at that time I have tried various weapons, mobs and location - in each case the same situation.
As in the one place (first hunting run) gave me 100% back, this next hunting in this same place gave me 30-45% return in tt, and next, next same crap ;)
I tried mining, crafting too; mining with amps and without amps - returns be same as from hunting

has anyone an idea on theories what happening with me? :tongue2::laugh::wise::smoke::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Best great regards,
XII

I have the same problem. I reported about it MA 3 mounth ago, but all remained still.
It's Husk, King and their stupid excuses. MA is ruining the game which has no analogues. STUPID !!! :cdevil:

the most eco armor, faps, weapons and amps. And nice evde skills are no help when you dont even cover the costs of ammo in your returns.

I just seem to loose constantly no matter what i do from levi to argonauts. How can it be my fault when the game wont even cover ammo costs? Nothing much to work with to improve there.

I hope the 90 percent is true, ill have ath on its way

Sorry if this was mentioned already...

If you are getting less than 80% returns, that's usually a sign of doing activities beyond your skills.

At 100% efficiency, you are getting 90% back. If you didn't max out the gun, finder, BP, etc. you aren't getting 100%. This is why I tell newbies don't try to train with the opalo. You are only at like 50% efficiency for months before you max it out. At 50% efficiency, sub-50% returns is usually the prime symptom.

Looking at your early posts, if you are getting that much armor decay and fap decay on low trox, that's pretty clear that you need to fap during a fight. On high regen mobs, you'll be lucky to get 50% efficiency with everything maxxed if you let the mob regenerate hit points.

As a general rule of thumb, don't fight anything you can't kill naked (with fapping.) With armor, you should go the entire fight without fapping and minimizing the time the mob has to heal.

Here's how I fight low argonauts:
Usual wep: cb 19, cb24 or apis with beast, all maxxed.
No armor.
Walk between mobs to regenerate and not use fap.
Fap if necessary between mobs (usually if meeting a stray gatherer)
Stop shooting and die if mobbed or facing a hunter.
Rookie rifle for finishing.

the most eco armor, faps, weapons and amps. And nice evde skills are no help when you dont even cover the costs of ammo in your returns.

I just seem to loose constantly no matter what i do from levi to argonauts. How can it be my fault when the game wont even cover ammo costs? Nothing much to work with to improve there.

I hope the 90 percent is true, ill have ath on its way

I marked the cause of your bad returns, now go figure :)

Last edited:
Sorry if this was mentioned already...

If you are getting less than 80% returns, that's usually a sign of doing activities beyond your skills.

At 100% efficiency, you are getting 90% back. If you didn't max out the gun, finder, BP, etc. you aren't getting 100%. This is why I tell newbies don't try to train with the opalo. You are only at like 50% efficiency for months before you max it out.

I'm sorry....what???

Months to max out an opallo? What, you only pull its trigger one time a week???

:confused:

At 100% efficiency, you are getting 90% back. If you didn't max out the gun, finder, BP, etc. you aren't getting 100%. This is why I tell newbies don't try to train with the opalo. You are only at like 50% efficiency for months before you max it out. At 50% efficiency, sub-50% returns is usually the prime symptom.

No! Not true!

... and that's why this thread exists :(

My only solution sofar is to team up with other avatars... whose 'luck' is not messed up like mine.

I'm sorry....what???

Months to max out an opallo? What, you only pull its trigger one time a week???

:confused:

No, I actually did it. Sub 50% returns for months, but I was sweating for ammo, so maybe 10-20 ped per run. As I recall, it was closer to 35%. My new disciple is getting the same results with 0 starting skills with the s30, 50% efficiency over about 6 hours of hunting straight through. The first run was 0-40%, 2nd from 40-50, 3rd from 55%. Straight 50% returns. You can experience the same thing by using a gun, finder, bp or amp way above your skills.

No! Not true!

... and that's why this thread exists :(

My only solution sofar is to team up with other avatars... whose 'luck' is not messed up like mine.

It's not luck. Sub 50% is inefficiency. +100000% is luck.

Last edited:
Uhhm is this the place i come to complain about my shit day??

constant >50%return sky fell and then rose and then fell again and then rose..... and so on

Support sent about this case :laugh: :cool: ;pre response: "matter has been referred for examination" :scratch2: :yay:

Bad loots back again :D

dynamics... (read: 3 days good, 352 days big crap)

btw. sorry I did not apply to your recommendations - hunting for small mobs/use small weapons - but my loots were for a few days a very good - but a few days again again tragedy (-1k in 3days).

Why MA can not do the dynamics of the day? For example: on one mob in the day with weapon X and in place XY have crap loots, but change area and/or weapon, mobs in this same day impact on improving returns?

Last edited:

1. no

Show some numbers I don't trust people whining all the time without showing some returns.

hi,

Best great regards,
XII

Its a lie you just can't have this kind of return with 98% constancy unless you hunted once with 50 ped, the system wont allow you to loose money like that.

Its a lie you just can't have this kind of return with 98% constancy unless you hunted once with 50 ped, the system wont allow you to loose money like that.

How do you suggest this system mechanic works so that it "wont allow you to loose money like that."?

How do you suggest this system mechanic works so that it "wont allow you to loose money like that."?

Its a lot to get in to, in short the system compensates for stupidity over a reasonable sample size.

Thank you for -REP Aeris_is_back with comment: "you lie"

I wish you with all my heart that you met the same as me ...and not only me maybe.

best regard for all not of lying, heh.

Thank you for -REP Aeris_is_back with comment: "you lie"

I wish you with all my heart that you met the same as me ...and not only me maybe.

best regard for all not of lying, heh.

Drama queen for life?

The system can let you lose money any way it wants to. Same way it can also let some profit the way it wants to.

If you have deposited 40k usd in-game for example in some years there will probably simply be little to nothing left of it. It eats and eats. Statements claiming everyone gets 90% return are total BS. Maybe 90% of all deposits are returned to the playerbase in general and what's withdrawn won't be recycled at all.

Doing things at the wrong place/time perhaps kills your ped card. When done too often you just go bankrupt. Someone else gets you peds and so does MA/PP.

If he states he gets back 30-45% over time that may very well be true. Just a few people can actually comment truthfully on that including the player himself. We don't live in a perfect world and likely the loot algorithm isn't perfect either.

You will always lose on tt return in the long and i think the 90% return statement is BS. The key is what % of that tt value you can gain markup on to cover the loss.

In order to profit your gear and choice of mob must generate the maximum % of markup, better skills, gear, choices improve those factors and vice versa.

If I choose to hunt big scorias with UL Prism of Descrution Tier 4 Dmg Enhanced I expect nothing more then 30-50% return in avarage, if im persistant enough I will hopefully get a nice hof and hopefully including some nice markup like the UL knife helena looted or a 500 tt ESI.

Try me, I'll do my best to keep up. :laugh:

killed tons of argo with a m3a/random l amps no armor and a tt medi ball avg return is around 90%
killed tons of argo with a lr48,41,32,/a104/a103 sga pixie piling tons on me at once to still gain evade with a t15/t10 avg return is around 85-90% "no concern for eco at all"
killed ton of argo with random sib/none sib guns, chips, melee, random armor faps, play style's, stil around 85-90% return

one thing I have found is you are not compensated for high mu (L) weapons/items

killed feffs with both high dps and low dps weapons just get a higher avg loot with lower dps guns, armor fap decay is not compensated so much.

for somebody with say 200k skill hunting young araneatrox that persons cost to kill one is going to be greater then say Jenna Stars. not just by a little but by a fair amount, the system looks at many things. so for that spider to loot the same way when star clicks on it or joe blow 200k you will see a huge difference in the total of the run. again what if joe blow 200k is with his friends 180k, 230k, 210k, 300k, 220k, 330k, 280k, they can have outstanding eco as a team, yet avg 90% return because the system is adjusting the loot relative to the cost of killing each mob. the system better rewards higher eco play styles/items but not so much that some people are walking away from hunts with 130% returns and others 60%

to keep this more simple:
1, armor,
2, fap,
3, wepon/amp decay,
4, ammo,

on a small mob mindark tends to ignore armor and fap decay and considers your loot based on 3,4,
larger mobs 1,2,3,4, say are calculated.
for 2, "example of though style" the system probably looks at the total healing you needed and not the cost of the healing "say the problem of imp fap Vs. ur125" "dose not matter what tool you use you are awarded 80% to 110% of your healed hp up to a eco cut off point, cost calculated at .*pec per hp returned in loot".

go kill some feffs and alternate high dps with low dps ignore any loot exceeding normal if is the mean loot is 7 ped ignore the 25 peders, globals, and so on. you will see the mean loot of the lower dps kills be higher.

Edit:

Thought I would add if you are doing something incredibly stupid you will hemorrhage ped, I can only hope that's a given though... opalo/pro900, shadow (L) with 30 small mobs on you at once, Or hunting way out side of your skill range, bla bla bla

Last edited:
Back