Info: 5 different weapons against Argos - TEST

Oki, well no matter what, if you recycle ammo, it's gonna have messed up results.. your essentially using your loot and getting either more or less loot with it, so it's not the original loot.

Well not really. Is just some other ammo plus respective decay. As long as he records the decay accurately, is correct. The only notable difference is that your "new loot" would have less in "ammo" cathegory, if you make a statistic comparison. But I'd think is not that the aim, to uncover the holy truth of how much ammo is looted.

To put it other way, if after each run he'd go to TT, sell the looted ammo (usable by respective gun) and buy new one of same value and would go back in field killing 3 more mobs, and recording it as such, would it make any difference for you? The factual result would be exactly the same: same loot composition as now, same decay on weapon, etc.

And you can calculate the "true" length of his runs if that's bothering you via weapon decay.

Well not really. Is just some other ammo plus respective decay. As long as he records the decay accurately, is correct. The only notable difference is that your "new loot" would have less in "ammo" cathegory, if you make a statistic comparison. But I'd think is not that the aim, to uncover the holy truth of how much ammo is looted.

To put it other way, if after each run he'd go to TT, sell the looted ammo (usable by respective gun) and buy new one of same value and would go back in field killing 3 more mobs, and recording it as such, would it make any difference for you? The factual result would be exactly the same: same loot composition as now, same decay on weapon, etc.

And you can calculate the "true" length of his runs if that's bothering you via weapon decay.

...It effects the return %...

To put it another way... if used 7ped ammo and he looted 5 ped of ammo, recycled it and got 3 ped of oil, he'd record 3 ped as the loot from 7 ped cycled (43%). If he instead recorded the 5 ped of ammo as loot, and 'bought' an extra 5 ped ammo and got 3 ped of oil as loot, he now has 8 ped of loot recorded from 12 ped ammo (66%).

He is trying to see what gives him better returns, so I thought I should point out that his returns are scewed. To help him, not force him because it bothers me. I can change it myself like you said, but how does that help him?

Finally finished the Korss run tonight; sorry for the wait, but as I mentioned in my original post, I don't have much time to spend in EU.

Second post updated.

A few notes:
- more decay for the gun and the for amp
- less decay on armor
- less value on globals: 3 (same as for the P5), 215PED (vs 279 PED for the P5)
- more Iron
- better bottom line by almost 40 PED

So... I guess I've got better "regular" lot with the Korss.

Stay tuned for the EWE 40 run :); and thanks everyone for input and for subscribing.

this is one of most intersting tests ongoing that can be found on EF.com . :cool:
good luck mate ! ;)

i think a big factor is timing of you runs and what the EU economy needs. i have been grinding argo some and there are days where nothing drops no matter how long you grind. then there are days where you get lots eye oil and no iron, lots iron and no eye oil, etc

guess what im saying is its dynamic!:laugh:

anyway, i feel that that regular stackables are tied to the economy more than anything else.

Post #2 updated with partial results (half-way) on the EWE 40 Merc run.

My 2 cents say you're going to global higher on the ul but also hit the worst runs on it. I also bet on you getting more minis and globals per run using ul.
Once you started 100 ped ammo runs , don't ever go higher till you finish all tests ;).
Till now , you have confirmed 2 of my personal beliefs.

gl.

cant wait to see the final results :)

My 2 cents say you're going to global higher on the ul but also hit the worst runs on it. I also bet on you getting more minis and globals per run using ul.
Once you started 100 ped ammo runs , don't ever go higher till you finish all tests ;).
Till now , you have confirmed 2 of my personal beliefs.

gl.

Thank you; and as of today, the UL got me the lowest and the highest loot. So, your 2 cents are worth more than that :).

PS I would keep the 100PED runs until the end.

EWE 40 test completed; post #2 has been updated.

Interesting results: EWE 40 (I am 40-ish Laser Pistoleer) fared better than the maxed (L) guns.

NOTES
- more globals
- steeper peaks and valleys:
HUNT | P5 (L) | Korss | EWE 40
Lowest | 71.88 | 70.57 | 79.17
Highest |113.75 | 140.32 | 160.77
- different items: Kangoo Masks, Manifolds and Aurora helmet, but no CB 19.

Next in line is EWE 41, but I think I'll make it more interesting, and I'll not put an amp on it. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
I'm also wondering what the final results will be.

So far, the only one seems to be judging by the red figures is "dont hunt them" :)

I'm also wondering what the final results will be.

So far, the only one seems to be judging by the red figures is "dont hunt them" :)

Wouldn't you want him to keep hunting them to fill the lootpool up for you:laugh:

Good luck with the 41 run.. hof for sure to come along soon

Please keep in mind that the loot is TT only, and skills are not counted, so it might not be that bad after all.

I consider this return % normal for EU, when "normal", appropriate gear is used.

And yes.... I will continue to fill the loot pool for the luckier, better equipped and more handsome avatars ;).

PS 1 - I forgot to mention that I've hunted big Argos for WoF; after a while, my support team split up and we hunted by ourselves, while of course keeping the team :). I've got a 199PED global which included an almost full TT CB 19 (L). I've used EWE 41.

PS 2 - I've finished my first EWE 41 hunt, and I've got a 125PED global, with a 125PED CB 19.

- different items: Kangoo Masks, Manifolds and Aurora helmet, but no CB 19.

Items like this drop in waves. I know if I loot Aurora then I'm likely to get another part or two on the same day, and then probably won't get any more for a couple of weeks. And that's always using the same weapon.

Don't mistake the effect of the passage of time for the effect of a different weapon.

...Don't mistake the effect of the passage of time for the effect of a different weapon.
Yeah... you're right; we need more testing for conclusions. However, that's why I posted all that stuff under NOTES... I didn't have a better word for it :).

2nd post updated with the partial results for EWE 41.

I've been busy lately, so tests took longer, but I'll finish them :).

@Oleg: 2 CB 19 in 10 runs ;).

Found some math errors, I think.

3. EWE 40 - Total summary results
20 runs X 100 PED

Gun decay: 200.34
Amp decay: 432.27
Armor decay: 71.64
Ammo: 2,000 PED
Total Expenses: 2794.36

Total Loot TT: 2520.98

Profit/Looses: - 183.38

According to my math, you spent 2,704.25, (90.11 less) so you lost -183.27. Not sure what happened there. :confused:

4. EWE 41 - Partial summary results
10 runs X 100 PED

Gun decay: 118.08
Amp decay: 0
Armor decay: 21.72
Ammo: 1,000 PED
Total Expenses: 1133.8

Total Loot TT: 1123.18

Profit/Looses: - 10.62

I get 1,139.80 Expenses, making loss of -16.62 (straight 6 ped off)

Did I miss something?

Thank you for tests

Subscribing.

PS: Indeed would be more like interesting to see a melee test too; short or longblade, whatever fits you, with a L and an UL weapon.
Thanks anyway!

Found some math errors, I think.

According to my math, you spent 2,704.25, (90.11 less) so you lost -183.27. Not sure what happened there. :confused:

I get 1,139.80 Expenses, making loss of -16.62 (straight 6 ped off)

Did I miss something?
Nope... you didn't miss anything; I did.
Data-entry errors:
EWE 40 Expenses should've been 2704.36 and NOT 2794.36

EWE 41 Gun Decay should've been 112.08 and NOT 118.08.

Thank you for bothering to do the math correctly, and point out the mistakes.

Finally got around to finish the EWE 41 run, first post updated.

I still have the CB 19 to do; please stay tuned.

1. Breer P5 (L)
Total Expenses: 2737.58
Total Loot TT: 2348.05
=============================================
2. Korss 400 (L) - Total summary results
Total Expenses: 2762.72
Total Loot TT: 2412.61
3. EWE 40 - Total summary results
Total Expenses: 2704.36
Total Loot TT: 2520.98
4. EWE 41 - Total summary results
Total Expenses: 2265.39
Total Loot TT: 1968.25

Ok so, here's what I see. (Please make sure I didn't make any math mistakes, as I'm kinda rushed.)

TT spend/loot ratio
  • Breer P5(L) = 85.77%
  • Korss 400(L) = 87.33%
  • Ep-40 = 93.22%
  • Ep-41 (no amp) = 86.8%

I see you had more globals w/ the Ep-40, do you recall any excess of minis also to help explain the difference? 2 or 3 nice loots could explain this difference.

However, what's very interesting is the close ratio return w/ the other 3 guns, even though 2 were "maxed".

I would add another gun to this group, shreek backalley... just to cover a theory I have. Noone uses it, but it gave me in the bast many globals over average in compare to most other things Ive used. Switched to ep 40 for more dmg and was happy with it too.

Ok so, here's what I see. (Please make sure I didn't make any math mistakes, as I'm kinda rushed.)

TT spend/loot ratio
  • Breer P5(L) = 85.77%
  • Korss 400(L) = 87.33%
  • Ep-40 = 93.22%
  • Ep-41 (no amp) = 86.8%

I see you had more globals w/ the Ep-40, do you recall any excess of minis also to help explain the difference? 2 or 3 nice loots could explain this difference.

However, what's very interesting is the close ratio return w/ the other 3 guns, even though 2 were "maxed".
Your math is fine ;)... as usual I might add.

As for the EP-40 run... I will add this info that I think will answer your question:

Code:
   Gun	  | +Runs | -Runs |
----------|-------|-------|
Breer P5  |   5   |  15   |
Korss 400 |   4   |  16   |
EWE 40    |   8   |  12   |
EWE 41    |   4   |  16   |
It appears that I had way more + hunts than with any other gun.

You nailed with your last comment; the whole purpose of this test is to see if indeed un-maxed UL weapons are really as bad as many think they are.
There is no question that you miss more, and your average is lower than with a maxed weapon. My thinking was that maybe the loot will balance somehow; so far so good :).

I would add another gun to this group, shreek backalley... just to cover a theory I have. No one uses it, but it gave me in the bast many globals over average in compare to most other things Ive used. Switched to ep 40 for more dmg and was happy with it too.
I'll add it if I'll have a chance; there were some requests for 2 melee weapons as well (L and UL).

Time permitting, I will do my best to accommodate everything I can.

subscribing.
maybe the tests can be repeated for example 1 month after the last one is finished, maybe it was just luck on the ep-40

Last edited:
maybe it was just luck on the ep-40

:scratch2: Why is it every test that shows UL weapons performing better than expected is explained as a "lucky loot cycle"?

I've tested it. Jjmatrix just tested it. (he's still testing it in fact.) So have others. There's much more to loot than just highest eco. Dmg/pec isn't as big a factor as you think. It's still important, but not in the way most think.

My apologies jjmatrix. I'm interested in your tests, and don't wish to turn it into a debate.

:scratch2: Why is it every test that shows UL weapons performing better than expected is explained as a "lucky loot cycle"?

I've tested it. Jjmatrix just tested it. (he's still testing it in fact.) So have others. There's much more to loot than just highest eco. Dmg/pec isn't as big a factor as you think. It's still important, but not in the way most think.

My apologies jjmatrix. I'm interested in your tests, and don't wish to turn it into a debate.

excuse me, this is the first test i see.

excuse me, this is the first test i see.

I understand. I'm not mad at you. It wasn't you exactly I was commenting on. But every time these tests are done, a comment like yours pops up again, and again. It's almost like folks are afraid to admit what the tests show.

And I can prove that, because when UL weapons show favorably the common comments are basically, "yeah right. This test proves nothing. It was flawed somehow."

If any test showed (L) weapons favorably, it won't get any hint of a perhaps flawed test.

Back