Question: A question for the players that have been around for a while.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I was just reading the "Who would I have to bribe" post and it made me think of when I first signed up for EU (Jan, 2008). I am sure I read that you could play for free and then there were a couple of other types of memberships that would cost you a monthly fee. Included with the monthly fee was a certain amount of property. The cost of the first option was 13.95 USD if I recall correctly and I think the other was around 100 USD. I don't remember the amount of land you got but you did get some and the more you paid monthly the more land.

No I was not smoking dope or drinking.

Does anyone remember this ?

:scratch2:

I think you are confusing different games ;)

No such thing as montly fees. The only fees there are (and that are related to property) is the monthly estate fee (estate as in appartments etc).

Land? You'll have to buy an ownership deed (and they come for A LOT more then 100 dollar).

Hope that was an anwser in short.

cheerio!

BB

:scratch2:

I think you are confusing different games ;)

No such thing as montly fees. The only fees there are (and that are related to property) is the monthly estate fee (estate as in appartments etc).

Land? You'll have to buy an ownership deed (and they come for A LOT more then 100 dollar).

Hope that was an anwser in short.

cheerio!

BB
Thanks for the reply m8. Yes I do know what you are saying but I thought that there was an option where you could, if you wanted to, pay a monthly fee and in turn get an LA or a piece of land for the monthly fee.
If no one remembers then you are right I must be confussed, but that would not be a first for me:).

if it is no dope ... the air around you isnt that good :D

But i like your option

...10$ for 10x10m ... we start left upper corner of Amethera Map :D

what you are describing, is not familiar with me.

Never seen such options.

Printscreen !;)

I started playing around the same time you did. I never saw an option like that advertised anywhere.

its just an illusion

well... uh...

no, that's not this game... BUT...

Entropia Investment Fund does let you buy shares of their fund... and that fund does own a couple of pieces of land, a mall shop, and at least one apartment, and a hanger I think... BUT... that's all based on trust... and based on the hope that you can sell shares later at more than you bought them for - which is all based on trust... and hopes that prices on LAs don't drop (I suspect they will drop after new planets come out, but that's just me speculating, you may think otherwise)...

I bet that what you saw was, as Baradur implied, the shop and appartment monthly fees, which range from 10 ped to 100.

Sorry, no. I think you might confuse it with another game, I can think of one where this is more likely.

The closest thing to land any users have been promised was the pregold players (I think) that was once promised apartments in Hadesheim, but I dont think anyone actually have any proof of this promise ever happening or if it is just a legend.

Landareas wasnt introduced until long after Amethera opened, and the LA's started out on alot less then todays market value but alot more then 13 $ lol :) Think they went for approx 30-50k (peds) per area, but its so long ago I cant remember.

As for apartment or shops, you first have to buy one of these, and THEN start paying weekly fees.
When the apartments were first sold (from MindArk via auction) the prices were alot closer to 15$, depending on size.
So most likely there you got yourself confused.

And Entropia have never ever been a monthly subscription game, even if chosen or not.

Sorry :)

Last edited:
$100 for a 10m x 10m plot so I can fatten up a herd of Daikiba's :)

i have only been here 1 year but my dad played for 5 years so i watched him alot... = 6 years :ahh:

And there was no such thing... if ur going to get land, ur going to pay big money to get it...

It sound like SL (second life)to me, you buy land and there's a fee per mth depending of the amont of land you have. I never see that for EU...

A bit off topic but maybe someday MA will set up a few limited LAs. The deeds could drop in loot and be good for only a few months or so. Just a random thought. :)

Sounds like another game Second Life that is.

Thanks all for the replies. And yes I may, and probably was, confusing the costs of monthly fees for condos, houses etc. When I first started I was not aware, because I have never been in the game, that they were these type of things available in the game.

I must say that the info about the game seemed a little sparse and if it had not been for the interview with NeverDie I probably would not be here today as that was the one and only time I ever heard of the game.

Too bad MA doesn't spend a little of their peds on ads in the US because I think they could get a lot more players.

Peace.

Back