A sweaters rant.

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
I am going to complain about something I gotten quite enough of now, so stop reading now if you don't want to read a nubs whinings :silly2:

There are some players in Entropia who really can't accept sweaters. They seem to think the sweaters are the spawn of evil and are the ones causing them issues in Entropia. May it be bad loot runs or what ever. Why is this the case? Lets think a bit more about this.

A sweater who sweats quite a lot but still have a job / school etc can prolly do about 1-2K sweat per day over a week. This gets up to 7-14K sweat per week. And this is if you sweat quite hard. 14K sweat, lets say I find a buyer for it, I am very very luckey and find one that give me 3.5Ped per K. That is 49 Ped for one week of sweating.

I take my 49 Ped and cycle it in hunting, mining or whatever. In an hour or two I am back to sweating again if I would not manage to get a nice loot. I probably sell my loots if any and hunt some more but still we talking about one or two hours of activity, if taken easy and in very very eco level. (gun, no armor or fapping).

I then return to sweating. So why do people hate me? Why do they need to bash me on forums?

If I give you another example, Billy Bad Boy is trading. He put in 10 bucks a long time ago and he has used it to trade for years. He is now a quite big trader and can earn about +500 peds a week trading. If not more.

Billy goes on serious hunting and mining, when he has cycled the profits from his trading. He goes back and trades again and rince and repeat.

Here you have Sweater Joe who gets bashed and jumped at if he dares to mention the state of sweat prices. Because he is a leacher etc. He cycles, if he is luckey, up to 50 ped a week.

Billy who cycles 500 a week nobody talks about, and he is draining more money out of the depo people pockets than 10, heck, 100 sweaters can do. He might be so good at his trading that he even withdraws money. Do you think Sweater Joe withdraws his PEDs he sweated ages for?

My point is just in a conclusio:

Enough is enough already, if you cant stand sweaters etc and have an issue, go to MA. Sit down with them and talk with them. Get off the sweaters backs. It's not the sweaters who decide what is available in the game, we just play the game in a way we want to. If you have such angers about your own performance in Entropia, perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and stop blaming others for it, nobody forces you to play or causes your own losses than yourself. Heck, I'll even be your sweating buddy if you need to regain some PEDs the hard way.

Derid, newbie venting some steam.

WoW, good one, Derid. To be honest, as a sweater, it's so hard to earn the reputation, but at least, please don't bash the sweaters anymore, as we all do sacrifice our times in game as well...

I dont hate sweaters, I hate the sweaters who whine about sweating being so hard and slow.

I dont hate sweaters, I hate the sweaters who whine about sweating being so hard and slow.

Then they are not sweaters. Just nub players. So dont mix the terms

Sweaters = We sweat hard, we play hard.

I for one appricate the opportunity to be able to sweat to bring me ahead in the game. And sure, I will discuss prices etc as it is my main thing ingame to attain sweat, sell or use the sweat. But nobody forces me to sweat, I do it for the skill gains, the sweat and because I want to see if I can make it out of the sweating stage.

Last edited:
i don't hate sweaters.
I hate the sweaters who think nea's is there personal sweating zone and that hunters are not welcome.

and the sweaters who run up to me open a trade window and demand i buy their sweat.

I don't mind hard working sweaters, i was one of them back before i was able to deposit.

i don't hate sweaters.
I hate the sweaters who think nea's is there personal sweating zone and that hunters are not welcome.

and the sweaters who run up to me open a trade window and demand i buy their sweat.

I don't mind hard working sweaters, i was one of them back before i was able to deposit.

So many mobs around Nea's so hunters are needed to limit the population. Or you end up with 10 Ambus comming to the sweat group. So a healthy mix of hunters and sweaters is the best, specially hunters who clear out the dry ones.

Hey Derid you stinking sweaty whiner :) Your always going to get people blaming everyone else for there life's woe's mate :)

My personal opinion is it takes all kinds to make a game, people like yourself who could probably deposit but enjoy the challenge of doing it the hard way, people like me that deposit and go at it for aslong as they can before the peds are gone and those who are so filthy stinkin rich they get to go at it aslong as they want without crying :)

No one is playing it the wrong or right way they're playing it the way they want to and if the people who moan at sweater's or moan at rich people could grasp that they would be better off, we are all different with different situations you just make the most of what you have at your disposal.

having said all that, sweaters do smell and could improve their hygiene a tad this is a known fact. ;)

And if a society has a sweater in it like yourself there doing well as your a good laugh and have a great attitude.

gl smelly

Hey Derid you stinking sweaty whiner :) Your always going to get people blaming everyone else for there life's woe's mate :)

My personal opinion is it takes all kinds to make a game, people like yourself who could probably deposit but enjoy the challenge of doing it the hard way, people like me that deposit and go at it for aslong as they can before the peds are gone and those who are so filthy stinkin rich they get to go at it aslong as they want without crying :)

No one is playing it the wrong or right way they're playing it the way they want to and if the people who moan at sweater's or moan at rich people could grasp that they would be better off, we are all different with different situations you just make the most of what you have at your disposal.

having said all that, sweaters do smell and could improve their hygiene a tad this is a known fact. ;)

And if a society has a sweater in it like yourself there doing well as your a good laugh and have a great attitude.

gl smelly

*listens with big newbie eyes as the mighty Butch is talking*

*passes the time by placing opened sweat bottles in Butchie's car*

*realises Butch stopped talking*

Yes butch, anything you say butch.

*passes the time by placing opened sweat bottles in Butchie's car*

There's a line you dont cross... and that's touchin a man's ride.

You done me wrong sweater... you done me wrong.

sweaters rant pfft you should see a sweaters pants! yeesh

There's a line you dont cross... and that's touchin a man's ride.

You done me wrong sweater... you done me wrong.

I humbly ask for your forgiveness!! Mighty Butch, I have done you wrong and I do regret it.

*slips a couple of open sweat bottles into Butch's storage, upside down of course*

This is what you get for globaling without permission btw :silly2:

Basically what Anna already said. I don't hate sweaters, i appreciate their effort for my cheap ME.

So no bad feelings agains the decent guys among them.

What i'm fed up with:
Swamp Noober Max: Can anyone give me some free Peds or itemz???

Me: No, but i can buy your sweat for a fair price. Bring me 1k and i give you 5PED for it.

Swamp Noober Max: Sweating is soooooooooo boooring. I WANT free PEDs and items now to plaaaaaaay. This game soaaacks, they say it is for free.

Me: Well when you want it for free you have to put effort in it.
Swamp Noober Max: Nooo effoooort soaaaacks i WANT to shoot all for free NOWW. GIMMEEE PEDZ AND ITEMZ

Me: well everything in here has real money value, do you expect MA or other players to give you their money for nothing.

Swamp Noober Max: YESS, FREE PEDZZZ AND ITEMZZZ

Me: Well you have allways the option for Quick Peds, just press the D button on top of your screen, works like a charm.

Swamp Noober Max: Nooooo, paying soaaaacks, i will never pay something, i want free STUFF AND PEW PEW, FREE PEDZZZ AND ITEMZZZ or i log off and never come back, that's bad for the game when noobs leave

Me: Well basically it's a good thing when ppl like you leave, bye bye

Swamp Noober Max: YOU soaaaack!!!!!1111!!

Last edited:
Well i tend to agree on the OP.

I use to sweat A LOT when i first started. Lately the issue i see is any time i go to neas or swamp camp for some "healing" to escape my crappy loot cycles, 99% of times the subject is "sweat prices" and general whining and carrying on.

For me, i usually turn local chat off when i go to these places. It solves the problem, but many dont, and they see "sweat prices suck, we sweat for hours and get $1 USD for 2k sweat"

My solution to these people usually is the big 'D' icon on your navigation interface on top of your screen.

I don't bash sweaters, however to see the subject of chat being "sweat prices", "lets boycott sweating", "we dont get enough for our sweat" generally makes most sweaters look ugly.

Hence why i stopped visiting these places to lax out.

In saying all that, i can understand your frustration from players bashing veteran sweaters. There are ways to play this game without sweating, and without depositing, maybe you should listen to some advice from your friends and not disregard the deposit button. (not directed specifically at you OP, directed to all the price whining idiots.)

Edit: It will take an initial deposit OFC, before i get bashed for that sentence!

~ 2 pecs.

this is why u never see me sweat in public, too much BS talking. Go swunt elsewhere in private, all nice and quite =)

I would like to continue where i started on my first post.

The problem is the new players attitudes. This game is not WoW, where the the player who plays the most is the best. It just isnt so.

Time of course is important part of becoming a succesfull player, but here $$ will be and always has been a big part of it. When new players join up, they expect to immediately start progressing and in the worst cases they expect to pull out real money in a month.

Then they are explained about these things and told they should sweat to earn some money, they expect that after few hours or days of sweating they will have a lot of money.

In my opinion, EU is one of the best games I have ever played. But its the worst game to start. I know personally as I had no clue what to do when I started, no mentor or anything. But here I am, 3½ years later :)

I dont want you to misunderstand me, just like Jennson I appreciate the sweaters as they are part of the community and ingame dynamics (god i hate that word :D).

I could continue on and on about this but I dont wanna hijack your thread, so ill leave it here :)

Don't worry Derid, I will always buy your fresh ambu sweat.

I know sweating can be quite boring, but maybe try sweating for 2-3 times as long, and doing mining runs of 100-150 ped or so. (If you are trying ores)

Personally I do mining runs of 100 bombs minimum, since it is not uncommon to hit a "bad streak" of 6-8 NRFs, or only getting only 2-3 claims per 20-25 bombs dropped (in which case I use ME made from your fine sweat to teleport to a new area ;o)

No one hates sweaters..

Just a lot of nubs do sweating because it is free and then they complain that the game is crap for people who don't deposit. and they nag and complain there not getting what the sweat is worth.. its like.. annoying

i have more respect to the sweaters doing 15k bottles a week or what ever

then people that deposit 10k peds a week or what ever.

Don't worry Derid, I will always buy your fresh ambu sweat.

I know sweating can be quite boring, but maybe try sweating for 2-3 times as long, and doing mining runs of 100-150 ped or so. (If you are trying ores)

Personally I do mining runs of 100 bombs minimum, since it is not uncommon to hit a "bad streak" of 6-8 NRFs, or only getting only 2-3 claims per 20-25 bombs dropped (in which case I use ME made from your fine sweat to teleport to a new area ;o)

What I write in the OT is just an example, its not about me personally. It's just how it could be if you compare a sweater to someone who deals in PED amounts that are 100 or 1000 times more than a sweater even gets close to.

:)

No one hates sweaters..

Just a lot of nubs do sweating because it is free and then they complain that the game is crap for people who don't deposit. and they nag and complain there not getting what the sweat is worth.. its like.. annoying

i have more respect to the sweaters doing 15k bottles a week or what ever

then people that deposit 10k peds a week or what ever.

Take some times and look around in some threads and you will find there is quite many small people who bash sweaters etc and blame them for their bad looting etc. Of course they are small people :silly2:, but it is quite common.

And I find it quite odd that they focus their anger on the sweaters, when the effect sweaters have on the economy is very minimal, if they are out to chase ppl who disturb their loot etc. But think grasp of common economy and bashing on random groups due to own failiure walks hand in hand.

And to make clear, sweaters for me is not the guys running around. "Free stuff to me please, im new, give me stuff!"

Worst stuff you can see is:

I want a gun!

*they are given a gun*

I want ammo!

*they are given ammo*

I want armor!

and it goes on. Do not misstake these people in the bunch I call sweaters. Sweaters are some ppl who are there working hard to get their char some skills and some PEDs from the sweating.

The beggars, feel free to bash them and drag them after your cars. Heck, ill even help you tie them to the car.

I would like to continue where i started on my first post.

The problem is the new players attitudes. This game is not WoW, where the the player who plays the most is the best. It just isnt so.

Time of course is important part of becoming a succesfull player, but here $$ will be and always has been a big part of it. When new players join up, they expect to immediately start progressing and in the worst cases they expect to pull out real money in a month.

Then they are explained about these things and told they should sweat to earn some money, they expect that after few hours or days of sweating they will have a lot of money.

In my opinion, EU is one of the best games I have ever played. But its the worst game to start. I know personally as I had no clue what to do when I started, no mentor or anything. But here I am, 3½ years later :)

I dont want you to misunderstand me, just like Jennson I appreciate the sweaters as they are part of the community and ingame dynamics (god i hate that word :D).

I could continue on and on about this but I dont wanna hijack your thread, so ill leave it here :)

All good points you have :)

And I never think that everyone should think like me btw. I don't mind if people dislike people who sweat in Entropia etc, its their option in life to do so and I am not the one who take it away from them. But the ones who start bashing on forums and bad mouthing, they are free hunting targets in my book :)

For a new sweater your longevity bar is sure filled up!
:D

A point tho:
Don't sell your sweat for less than 4 PED/1k.
If you can't sell it, stash it and sweat some more (or tp run, take a walk looking for fruit/Rox, chat a bit). Be paitent.
By the time you find a buyer you'll have a ton of sweat and will be able to actually do something with the ped. I mean, I know how fast I can blow through 3-6 ped...

I see people all the time lowballing the sweaters (AND the miners - oops, different rant) and it's just not cool imo.

Hey, I'm a month and a half old n00b who hasn't depo'd.
Maybe I haven't the place to give such an opinion but whatever...

Although I do see the "WoW" like players who expect to be uber in a month or two...I long since figured out I ain't gonna be uber in anything for a VERY long time (maybe trading?)...
But in the meantime I'll have as much enjoyment on the way there as I can.

And along the way I'll meet some very cool players as well.
:)

Tippin'

...EU was just fine before sweating was implemented. I don't mind sweaters, but I do mind the sweaters that think we RELY on them to play this game and think they're better than those of us that deposit and do something to keep the game alive. For those that sweat to play, I don't mind them, just like I don't mind the honest traders and people that play eco.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.

Funny how this is not true, EU was just fine before sweating was implemented. I don't mind sweaters, but I do mind the sweaters that think we RELY on them to play this game and think they're better than those of us that deposit and do something to keep the game alive. For those that sweat to play, I don't mind them, just like I don't mind the honest traders and people that play eco.

i acctually believe eu would die.. the idea of getting rich while paying nothing brings many that then stays and depo.. if this were another pay to play game with rl cash and this loot i really do

Same here... Take a look at the TT value of sweat. If you get something more then that, be thankful. Miner's don't get near that amount on most ores if you compare the TT value to the market value. When people whine all day, it makes everyone else want to drive sweat prices towards the same price as some animal oils, lyst, etc., where it's 103% of the tt value or so instead of the ungodly % that it is really traded at... Just based on market value vs tt value, sweat is just about THE MOST EXPENSIVE item in game! Why should we be happy to help whiners that want this pricey stuff to go even higher?

Back