Question: About dead Land Areas - Where those Taxes go ?

levithanikos

Mutated
Angelreaper Demonikos Slayer
I've been Jumping around with my TP chip , just to add all the Amethera TPs in my list.

Noticed few LA's from known banned ppl , with a Tax in it....

That doesn't makes sense to me and here are my thoughts/questions:

• If they're banned and they can't take their taxes in peds, why is there still tax on those LAs? :scratch2:

• Where those Taxes end? MA's pocket?
1) If yes ,this should stop and bring back the 0,0% tax
2) If no , anyone has an idea what's the purpose of those "Dead LAs" having a tax?

PLZ share your thoughts and enlighten me
. :)

Demonikos :tiphat:

Holy 3 years after the fact batman.

The taxes are collected and go to the account of the banned people as normal. The taxes are just another part of the disputed assets that have been in a legal fight for however many years now.

If they were to be unbanned (again :rolleyes:.. on purpose this time :laugh:) they could collect all their past taxes as normal.

I just wanna know...

I just wanna know what happens to the taxes on places that FPC still owns?!? i.e. Omegaton, Genesis, and any LA still owned by the estate broker... I don't think I've ever seen an estate terminal for Omegaton or Genesis. Does those taxes go in to the loot pool or to the FPC's pocket? If they are up for grabs, why not do as FPC has been indicating on forums now and then, and start letting citizens do something to help build the virtual world in to a better place - put those peds from the taxes in to a fund and let the estate owners of those places vote on what to do with the money, with one vote per deed.

The taxes are collected and go to the account of the banned people as normal. The taxes are just another part of the disputed assets that have been in a legal fight for however many years now.

If they were to be unbanned (again :rolleyes:.. on purpose this time :laugh:) they could collect all their past taxes as normal.

Sorry but i couldn't find a logic behind that ...

If a person is banned are the taxes collected end in their bank accounts? Nope, they should withdrawal.

Withdrawals are controlled by MA , so even in the "accidental unbanned" state , their money from Ped card to IRL bank account should have been blocked.

I couldn't find any similar Thread and i was curious.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and answering some of my questions :)

If a person is banned are the taxes collected end in their bank accounts? Nope, they should withdrawal.

I think Centech said that all the tax gained from these LA's just accumulate on the owners pedcard (ingame account), not directly on their RL bankaccount.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

What I don't get about inactive avatars is why they are inactive when they own at least one or more la's. Its soo stupid. You pay all that money for something you can charge tax on and then don't top up the fertiliser station and keep it running to collect taxes or log in to sell the la and get your money back.

I also don't get this whole banned avatar thing and them getting the taxes. If they are banned what right do they have to the tax money and what happens to the ped in the meantime thats been taken from loot as tax but not given to any avatar. Is that in some kind of MA slush fund?

Finally what happens if an avatar is deleted from a certain length of activity. do the deeds to that la cease to exist or does it revert back to the broker?

What I don't get about inactive avatars is why they are inactive when they own at least one or more la's. Its soo stupid. You pay all that money for something you can charge tax on and then don't top up the fertiliser station and keep it running to collect taxes or log in to sell the la and get your money back.

I also don't get this whole banned avatar thing and them getting the taxes. If they are banned what right do they have to the tax money and what happens to the ped in the meantime thats been taken from loot as tax but not given to any avatar. Is that in some kind of MA slush fund?

Finally what happens if an avatar is deleted from a certain length of activity. do the deeds to that la cease to exist or does it revert back to the broker?

That's what i was wondering too Marie ... it makes no sense to me :scratch2:

I think Centech said that all the tax gained from these LA's just accumulate on the owners pedcard (ingame account), not directly on their RL bankaccount.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah that's exactly what i think he said , but that's the initial post question , on what happens to those peds, , blocked and accumulating in that avatar's ped card :dunno:

Maybe they are already unbanned and we dont know.
Maybe they only connect on their web account to push the withdraw from time to time. No one knows.

That's what i was wondering too Marie ... it makes no sense to me :scratch2:

Seems pretty simple to me.

If the accounts are the subject of legal action, I don't think they can change anything until the cases are settled. Basically the accounts are frozen as is until it completes.

I'm not a lawyer of course, and since MA have never commented we only have rumor from people who knew the ava's in question that legal proceedings are taking place.

My guess is there are still legal issues to those banned avatars and their virtual properties that might not been so clear when they were banned, so they have to figure it out first before doing anything at all. And ofc they cant withdraw their peds before it's settled.

And the deleting of inactive avatars I think they mentioned what happened with properties they owned when this new inactive time limit was formed, or didn't they?

I wonder how many tax confirmation windows Nostrop got when he was accidentally unlocked :eek:

Though I have a feeling he was too busy to look at them :)

I wonder how many tax confirmation windows Nostrop got when he was accidentally unlocked :eek:

I dont remember how many but.... they are deleted after maybe 30 or something like that.
I stoped playing for 2 months last year and the taxes receipt was not all there.

Just curious Marie as to what LA owners you are refering to that are "inactive?" and not locked. And how do you know they are inactive? All they need to do is log once a year to keep from being deleted. Maybe they bought the land as a long term investment speculating some day the price would rise, and simply don't care about the "income. :)
Just curious. ;)

nice thread subscribed

I just wanna know what happens to the taxes on places that FPC still owns?!? i.e. Omegaton, Genesis, and any LA still owned by the estate broker... I don't think I've ever seen an estate terminal for Omegaton or Genesis. Does those taxes go in to the loot pool or to the FPC's pocket? If they are up for grabs, why not do as FPC has been indicating on forums now and then, and start letting citizens do something to help build the virtual world in to a better place - put those peds from the taxes in to a fund and let the estate owners of those places vote on what to do with the money, with one vote per deed.

LA's owned by FPC have 0.0% tax.

Withdrawals are controlled by MA , so even in the "accidental unbanned" state , their money from Ped card to IRL bank account should have been blocked.

I couldn't find any similar Thread and i was curious.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and answering some of my questions :)

Their accounts are banned, not terminated.

Seems pretty simple to me.

If the accounts are the subject of legal action, I don't think they can change anything until the cases are settled. Basically the accounts are frozen as is until it completes.

I'm not a lawyer of course, and since MA have never commented we only have rumor from people who knew the ava's in question that legal proceedings are taking place.
I might have an answer to this rumor.

I just got off the phone with Förvaltningsrätten fd. Länsrätten(+46(0)31 7327000), civil courts here in Sweden which should have handled a case like this according to themselves after I explained shortly what it was about.

She did a search in their database for anything that Mindark PE AB (org.nr. 556640-4769) could have been involved in, and came up empty.
Mindark PE AB or Mindark AB, have never had any what so ever cases in Swedish civil courts system.
So if these ava's are taking legal action against Mindark it's not in the Swedish Judiciary system. (unless its in the criminal courts system which I seriously doubt :rolleyes: )

PS. no one actually checked this before??

LA's owned by FPC have 0.0% tax.
perhaps they do for Hunting/mining, etc... However, in my shop at Omegaton West Habitat, 2% is added to the sales tax. I assume that's going somewhere... has to be.

perhaps they do for Hunting/mining, etc... However, in my shop at Omegaton West Habitat, 2% is added to the sales tax. I assume that's going somewhere... has to be.

Maybe it is to pay the exterminator to keep the buildings free of bugs. Remember what happend when we were off planet for 5 years, something about a concrete eating worm :D

i have metioned this before in another thread (sorry if it is a little troll, as i never got an answer) and maybe i should have found this one first :cool:

i thought at one time if fees were not payed there was a certain amount of time before the LA,Apartment, or shop became available to anyone to own; while the previous owner was still responsible for paying Back taxes/ fees even though someone else has now taken ownership.

But the prob is that i don't remember if it was a suggestion or that was implemented at one point and later then reverted.

i too have found several properties over 7 years old with fees and taxes not paid.

i have metioned this before in another thread (sorry if it is a little troll, as i never got an answer) and maybe i should have found this one first :cool:

i thought at one time if fees were not payed there was a certain amount of time before the LA,Apartment, or shop became available to anyone to own; while the previous owner was still responsible for paying Back taxes/ fees even though someone else has now taken ownership.

But the prob is that i don't remember if it was a suggestion or that was implemented at one point and later then reverted.

i too have found several properties over 7 years old with fees and taxes not paid.
I never heard of that in my 3years here, and please never ever steal my stuff if I happen to not pay the fee!!
I bought it if I don't pay the fee turn off the electric/water/heat but I own* the space!

*yes I know I don't technically own it so spare those comments...

I never heard of that in my 3years here, and please never ever steal my stuff if I happen to not pay the fee!!
I bought it if I don't pay the fee turn off the electric/water/heat but I own* the space!

*yes I know I don't technically own it so spare those comments...

nah it was not get persons stuff, the said property would be empty. for example say i happen upon your apartment/shop and your fees not paid in a year, i can pay the fees get the property but NOT your stuff.

i thougth there was something to that affect at one time, but like i said i could be wrong (and as it goes atm looking at terminals seems i am)

Last edited:
nah it was not get persons stuff, the said property would be empty. for example say i happen upon your apartment/shop and your fees not paid in a year, i can pay the fees get the property but NOT your stuff.
to clarify, the apartment/shop/land area ARE my stuff as I bought it with rl cash. (never seen if there are any fee's on LAs tho)
And what about booths? They don't have a fee but many are empty all year around and perhaps never claimed, should we repossess those too?

Fine feel free to build new apartment complexes and shopping malls with the "contract" written like you suggest or thought it was once(cant say I know as I'm just a 3year old so...)
But don't try and steal our stuff. Now the banned avatars Land Areas that's another deal, and should have been resolved long long ago tho...

LOL m8, im not trying to imply anything about stealing anyones stuff, that would just be Shi**y in a real bad way:silly2:

if you talking about taking back what I own* just because I haven't payed the fee then I call that stealing

*yeah yeah one more time "own"...

PS. I should go to bed now "only" 4:30am here, see you tomorrow :D
I try dig up some posts for you to read on this subject tomorrow as it's been discussed soo many tiems

if you talking about taking back what I own* just because I haven't payed the fee then I call that stealing

*yeah yeah one more time "own"...

PS. I should go to bed now "only" 4:30am here, see you tomorrow :D
I try dig up some posts for you to read on this subject tomorrow as it's been discussed soo many tiems

hmmm:::

LOL m8, im not trying to imply anything about stealing anyones stuff, that would just be Shi**y in a real bad way

as was posted above??

hmmm:::

LOL m8, im not trying to imply anything about stealing anyones stuff, that would just be Shi**y in a real bad way

as was posted above??

I think jenny is trying to explain that the apartment itself the space that makes it up is what she 'owns' not the stuff in it, If the property goes up for sales thats like reposessing their house which is what Jenny is objecting to. Obviously any furniture in it etc would have to be returned to her, but people also don't like the idea of the apartment space that they have paid for being suddenly not theirs because they've not paid the rental fees.

Your comment about people's stuff therefore isn't entirely what the debate is about.

A little late but as promised:
Not in England if it's declared unoccupied. :nana:

To all those saying the apartments should be repossessed if left unused for a certain period of time, how would you like your possessions seized from storage just because you haven't used them?

If you want a house or something get the peds for it, I can say:
More mod/imp/adj faps for all!!!
would that be right?

Property tax is also highly debated irl at least here in Sweden and I personally are against that
Sure my post was mostly towards that thread but you get the idea...

Nirfu:
I own several apartments, bought for my own purposes and I pay the fee once and then when I need access to the aprtments. I own over 800 items including stacks of usefull and unusefull stuff. If I don't use my belongings it's only my concern. Why should the apartment be treated different from other things ingame? Just beacuse YOU are looking for an apartment you find it unfair. But say you look for special weapon X and you know that there is 200 unused weapon X's ingame that haven't been used since 2006. Should they too be stolen from their owners to be put on the market? You only see this in your subjective view.

FYI there is lots of still not sold estates that belongs to "Markus the Estate Broker" (MA), shouldn't it be better that MA released more deeds? It looks like there is a market need for more estates, at least there is one potential buyer looking for one.
No quote link as it's from the locked thread: OMG! Apartments, no rent paid since 2006! (page: 1)

aridash:
i wonder if everyone in agreement that unused apartments should be made available would also agree to thier armour, weapons, faps, BPs, tools, textiles, paints, and other resources returned to the loot pool if they do not use them in a fixed time?
Same thread as above... (page: 4)

I give it a rest for now, hope you find the posts useful took some time to find where they were located...

A link from the pastwith some info about the ban of Nostrop HunterZ Hero+Riga Team:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?35714-Banned-for-using-Hunting-Bots

We know that VU10 all bans were temporarily undone. This could have resulted in an reset of the purging counter. It also resulted in some temp bans of people trading with some of the 'un'banned avatars. Although one could say that it is MA's own fault in this case and hardly to blame for the people trading with them. How could we know a player is accidentally unbanned,

We presume there still is a legal battle going but from the side of MA there has been no official statement concerning this. Only thing we know is that the accounts are still not purged. If that would have been the case all TT value of items they own and the ped card would revert to MA (see EULA somewhere). As long as the accounts are not purged ownership of the LA's still lies with the account. And thus taxes will go into those accounts.

The question is if the accounts will ever be purged. If they are really in a legal dispute that is running this could take a long time. This legal dispute might not even be taking place in Sweden. It is presumed that MA might be under a court order to keep their mouth shut about the case.

Cheers
Siam

Back