Account locked, apparently for no reason...

cute781217

Alpha
Society
*Adopt a Newbie* Foundation
Yao-Te WildHeart Huang
Code:
My account seem to be locked.
The reason seem that I was able to log in after the update. But, as your log will show, I did nothing illegal duringt that period, no chipping out or abusing the auction. I only hunted a few atrax, with a sib weapon. The only point is that i had improved skills. which is not my fault. Should I had made a report?
answer
Code:
2012-10-09 23:03      Assistance Entropia Universe :

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have been informed that this account has been locked in conjunction to an internal investigation and should be unlocked as soon as the investigation is over.

Thank you for your patience and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences this causes you.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support
same copy-paste for me too and closed my support case. Great customer service I must say :bomb:

loren

Stalker
Society
Irken OVC
Loren
same copy-paste for me too and closed my support case. Great customer service I must say :bomb:
Geez nice of them to inform you ov some time frame :handjob:

Merkles

Old
Society
Virtual Legends Elite
Merkles Atreides Mosselman
Absolultely disgraceful - They will lock all accounts that logged on to try the new VU and have a chance at discovering one of the many new weapons, then put server back up and let everyone else enjoy it while the ones who waited up for it get a lock? I understand they are trying to figure out who exploited and what not, but this is ridiculous.

calli

Provider
Society
MSR Party gal!
Calli Callimax Yosta
yea I got same response...

loren

Stalker
Society
Irken OVC
Loren
i would of paid money to be watching the discussion when someone came up with "hey, why dont we just lock the accounts of everyone that was logged in, throw the server on line and go home" :p
DITO! :eyecrazy:

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
I agree it is annoying, but I'd rather they lock everyone that had a change in skills until they've fixed the problem. If you care about Entropia, you'll understand that a problem like this needs to be handled very delicately. Some people could have chipped out those "extra" skills already and sold them to other people. The PEDS can then become a nightmare to track after. There's really a lot that goes into fixing this sort of thing. The auction bug is probably 1000 times worse to fix.

loren

Stalker
Society
Irken OVC
Loren
I agree it is annoying, but I'd rather they lock everyone that had a change in skills until they've fixed the problem. If you care about Entropia, you'll understand that a problem like this needs to be handled very delicately. Some people could have chipped out those "extra" skills already and sold them to other people. The PEDS can then become a nightmare to track after. There's really a lot that goes into fixing this sort of thing. The auction bug is probably 1000 times worse to fix.
I do understand but, what about the players that have done nothing wrong how long is all im asking? day, week, months? :)

I will go do something else with my spare time just wanting to know what we dealing with here:yup:

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I do understand but, what about the players that have done nothing wrong how long is all im asking? day, week, months? :)

I will go do something else with my spare time just wanting to know what we dealing with here:yup:
oh-no damn sorry to hear loren

Now the VU is up I'm sure one of MA's biggest priorities will be to get players back in game as soon as possible, they wouldn't keep people hanging for more than a day or two due to a VU bug.

Real shame. I'd been pi**ed too, if I couldn't get in. Sorry to hear your news.

Good luck

Rick

Agis

Alpha
Society
Entropy
Agis Agis McKracken
Been over 4hours now since the VU became live..so upset im still locked. WTF is up with Mindark, ive been longstanding citizen of the Entropia Universe helping out when i can and now they reward me with this shameful dishonor.. could this be the end.. first time ever in almost 7 years playing.

No reponse from Kim about the situation, yeah helps by addressing reagrding HP issues but what about this debarkle ..strip us of our honor and integrity to burn PED.

This is shocking :(

Wasnt our fault the system gave us double skills and insane hp and attributes, just for hunting noob mobs and mining with no amp with TT finder.

Last edited:

JoePilar

Old
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Blower Needs JoePilar
My account is locked also , i was on arkadia hunting a bit while suddenly i saw i had 257HP checked lil further and all professions where higher also right before i wanted to take screenshot i got kicked. Wasnt able to log in anymore after that , so now few hours later i try to log in again and it says account locked. All that on my avatar his birthday. I wanted to do a big birthday hunt... . Support case send i hope they fix it soon

Agis

Alpha
Society
Entropy
Agis Agis McKracken
seems that we must be the only ones locked now , i would of imagined so many fustrated people in this thread with this type of debarkle happening, but this thread has been quiet for hours, is it us only cause we are on another planet and all the calypso players have had there accounts unlocked

very quiet indeed, my support hasnt been answered either....this is not good.

Upset , Fustrated.. I hope we arent the only ones or is Mindark prioritizing Calypso players first.

calli

Provider
Society
MSR Party gal!
Calli Callimax Yosta
Im on calypso and my account is still locked .. all I had was 1 skill level up after killing a mob... 2 minutes later server went down... Pretty unfair in my opinion they should have kept server down till they sorted

Last edited:

firejuggler

Old Alpha
Society
RFC
firejuggler water zabimalu
was on calypso, still locked.

Agis

Alpha
Society
Entropy
Agis Agis McKracken
Im on calypso and my account is still locked .. all I had was 1 skill level up after killing a mob... 2 minutes later server went down... Pretty unfair in my opinion they should have kept server down till they sorted
Well we have no chance at getting any discoveries now, we did nothing wrong and we are getting penalised for it.. its just unfair, just because we wanted to be first into the game, we are now getting treated poorly by Mindark for adventuring into the unknown. Go Figure !

craw

Provider
Society
Fiend Without A Face
Themodius Craw
FYI, Not locked here, but was able to log in briefly this morning. I didn't do any hunting/mining/crafting.

Merkles

Old
Society
Virtual Legends Elite
Still locked and I was on Calypso earlier. - It's ridiculous that we don't even get given an estimated timeframe. What's more annoying is that the server has now been up for hours and we have missed out on chances to discover new items, especially more annoying since we waited up for the VU to go live!

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
locked too.
I think that anyone who logged before they pulled the plug is locked
I was in before the shutdown hunting allo/esto and im back in without a problem .. except the hp rounding down issue .. lag issue .. lvl 1 nano strike chip wont take tt implant issue .. discovery of new gun no discovery hof issue .. new longu leather no discovery issue .. besides that its back to normal for me.

Bones

calli

Provider
Society
MSR Party gal!
Calli Callimax Yosta
Still locked and I was on Calypso earlier. - It's ridiculous that we don't even get given an estimated timeframe. What's more annoying is that the server has now been up for hours and we have missed out on chances to discover new items, especially more annoying since we waited up for the VU to go live!
yep thats what I'm pissed about... they should have kept server down till it was sorted to give fair chance to all.

Merkles

Old
Society
Virtual Legends Elite
MA's fuckup and we have to pay for it. We probably won't even receive an apology.

Agis

Alpha
Society
Entropy
Agis Agis McKracken
MA's fuckup and we have to pay for it. We probably won't even receive an apology.
Looks like probably only a handful of people locked now, due to the forum activity, Mecury has said nothing since, so i suppose hes back in, he said he spoke to Kim hours and hours earlier and they are working on it, however nothing official from Mindark by now which is very upsetting, Speak out if you are still locked, seems too quiet for such a issue.

ermik

Elite
Society
Apoc
ermik ermik ermik
locked aswell, was one of the ppl who logged in dureing the "short" uptime.

picked some oil at rig, killed a few mobs , went out for levithans, realised i had 196 agi and lvl 127 laser sniper, then they pulled the plug.

Marilyn

Old
Society
Hjerpeskans
General Marilyn Northstar
im locked too wtf is wrong

Marilyn

Old
Society
Hjerpeskans
General Marilyn Northstar
not every day u have a chance off loot anything good. no that day u are locked out funny.NOT

sighlentz

Alpha
Society
Synergen
Jack Wuzi Daniels
locked-out too, did have less hp than yesterday, maybe that's the issue. Only turned in 5k mission on Feff before servers went down. Submitted support case, will be interesting to see how long this will take now
I'm still locked out. sent support @ 22:00 MA time, they responded with this message @ 23:00 MA time:

2012-10-09 23:03 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have been informed that this account has been locked in conjunction to an internal investigation and should be unlocked as soon as the investigation is over.

Thank you for your patience and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences this causes you.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

And the "State" of the case is "Closed" I guess were at the mercy of the hours the support department works. I think everyone's probably gone home for some time now. You'd think that MA would have everyone there working untill all the issues were resolved, especially for the ppl who's accounts are locked. This all just seems so wrong the way it's been handled

Merkles

Old
Society
Virtual Legends Elite
I sent a support ticket 8 hours ago, and I am yet to receive a reply.

My account is also still locked. I honestly expected better from the support, not even a message to us who have our accounts locked. :S

Merkles

Old
Society
Virtual Legends Elite
I haven't got a response from support yet, and it's been nearly 9 hours since I opened my ticket :S

cute781217

Alpha
Society
*Adopt a Newbie* Foundation
Yao-Te WildHeart Huang
Looks like probably only a handful of people locked now, due to the forum activity, Mecury has said nothing since, so i suppose hes back in, he said he spoke to Kim hours and hours earlier and they are working on it, however nothing official from Mindark by now which is very upsetting, Speak out if you are still locked, seems too quiet for such a issue.
My account still locked too, didn't post more is just knowing it doesn't help at all.:scratch2: What we can do is wait, that's basically our fault that giving our hard earned money to stupid company like Mindark and trust it. :banghead:

ermik

Elite
Society
Apoc
ermik ermik ermik
Absolultely disgraceful - They will lock all accounts that logged on to try the new VU and have a chance at discovering one of the many new weapons, then put server back up and let everyone else enjoy it while the ones who waited up for it get a lock? I understand they are trying to figure out who exploited and what not, but this is ridiculous.
you claim to understand why they lock accounts, yet you think its ridiculus?

make up your mind, isnt it better to be safe and clear out any illegal activities than to let ppl in and risk that someone pulled a raddim on the system?

nlnforever

Prowler
Nguyen NLNFOREVER Nhung
I do not like if someone get away with 1 millions of peds because of this bug. MA is doing a right thing to keep all of our peds safe.

To OP: how come anyone would chip out immediately right after VU? Instead of checking new crafting UI, looking at auction or chatting with friends about new discoveries, mobs? I cannot think of any reason why someone would spend all of their playtime to chip out some skills right after VU. But well, you are honest person, so you won't be perm banned. MA is trying to make sure that you get fair amount of skills left on your ava. It won't be long.

Merkles

Old
Society
Virtual Legends Elite
you claim to understand why they lock accounts, yet you think its ridiculus?

make up your mind, isnt it better to be safe and clear out any illegal activities than to let ppl in and risk that someone pulled a raddim on the system?
You clearly don't understand what I am saying. I am saying that it is ridiculous to have put the server back up, whilst our accounts are still locked, and in the meanwhile have no explanation on what is happening. I understand they are locked for good reason, however it could have been handled differently than it has been.