Question: Add turrets to oil rig

anonimity

Stalker
Kayla Mystique Sinclair
While we're waiting for the pvp crash bug to get fixed would it be possible to get a few turrets around the oil rig complex? noobs who cant kill anything mob train all the time to be a pain in the ass. theres no reason to allow this behavior in a clearly meant to be pvp zone. I think many players would welcome a turret at the rig to create a certain area that is mob free.

Turret at the rig while there is a bug - good idea, will not happen as it is MA, but good idea.

Turret all the time ( if that is what you are saying ) - Bad idea.

Turret at the rig while there is a bug - good idea, will not happen as it is MA, but good idea.

Turret all the time ( if that is what you are saying ) - Bad idea.

why is it a bad idea? it takes away from the spirit of pvp to have noobs running mob trains with hundreds of spiders big trox and crap....

why is it a bad idea? it takes away from the spirit of pvp to have noobs running mob trains with hundreds of spiders big trox and crap....

It brings the balance back to a broken pvp system.

Otherwise you would have the guys with the biggest weapons shutting the rig down, and no one will ever be able to take it back.

The rig will become another pointless feature to the game.

Chance of new players getting some free ped is fun and will keep many in game, even if they mob train to annoy the so called 'ubers'.

Lets face it, the pvp system in EU is not about skill.

More like 20% base skill and the rest skill/gear you can accumulate over time.

Cryene where on to something with their pvp system, but of course the so called 'ubers' found ways to exploit that as well :S

Also there is no reason why the guys at the rig can't kill the mobs that arrive.

Now if they actually make it so the rig is lootable, and anything including guns and armor can be looted, this might be a better idea.

Actually add some fun back to the pvp system.

poor puppy got eaten? cant puppy shot noob before they bring train?

man up.

poor puppy got eaten? cant puppy shot noob before they bring train?

man up.

yes, it's much more fun to just sit in vtol & pick oil not wasting a pec then to actually fight to hold the rig

It brings the balance back to a broken pvp system.

Otherwise you would have the guys with the biggest weapons shutting the rig down, and no one will ever be able to take it back.

The rig will become another pointless feature to the game.

Chance of new players getting some free ped is fun and will keep many in game, even if they mob train to annoy the so called 'ubers'.

Lets face it, the pvp system in EU is not about skill.

More like 20% base skill and the rest skill/gear you can accumulate over time.

Cryene where on to something with their pvp system, but of course the so called 'ubers' found ways to exploit that as well :S

Also there is no reason why the guys at the rig can't kill the mobs that arrive.

Now if they actually make it so the rig is lootable, and anything including guns and armor can be looted, this might be a better idea.

Actually add some fun back to the pvp system.

you actually dont know what you're talking about at all it seems... i have no problem fighting mobs but how do you like being swarmed by 100 atrox causing ungodly amounts of decay?? plus the fact that you say its not fair for the people with the biggest gun to shut down the rig is just ignorant... thats the whole point.

now i know you're not a pvp player but for you to proclaim such things is just crazy. noobs can fight on a level playing field by buying tiered guns. and some do. its the ones that dont bother to even shoot all they do is mob train die and come back to sit in sleipnir.. not even skill or anything. its bad etiquette.

i'm not an uber by the way but i enjoy pvp. mob training is just bad sportsmanship.

you actually dont know what you're talking about at all it seems... i have no problem fighting mobs but how do you like being swarmed by 100 atrox causing ungodly amounts of decay?? plus the fact that you say its not fair for the people with the biggest gun to shut down the rig is just ignorant... thats the whole point.

now i know you're not a pvp player but for you to proclaim such things is just crazy. noobs can fight on a level playing field by buying tiered guns. and some do. its the ones that dont bother to even shoot all they do is mob train die and come back to sit in sleipnir.. not even skill or anything. its bad etiquette.

i'm not an uber by the way but i enjoy pvp. mob training is just bad sportsmanship.

*head in hands*

918-retard-superman-i-can-count-to-potato.jpg

sure... BUT... you are mixing live ammo with a combustable product... Make is so that every time turret goes off all of the oil on the ground around the rig will explode with area effect explosion - Hollywood style! :) ;)

kyala ignore Art she is our pvp expert lol, who has probally never killed anyone

as for turrets, nah, mob trains are fun, to a point

the problem is not the mobs, and turrets are not the answear

if the noob couldnt drive so close to the pump, he would have to walk the mobs in, like in the past, which the noob cant do.

How this is a dead thread goes to show the validity of what you want :D

Could you please explain yourself?

Mob training is PVP... which is why its banned in non-pvp zones.

As to vehicles hell yeah ban them. I used to mob train the rig rats before vehicles and they lost big time. Now with vehicles they can easily drag the mobs away or hide in the VTOLs... takes all the fun out of mob training the place.

Trust me when I say vehicles were a pretty huge gift to the rig rats no matter how many atrox or spiders some noob can bring in now. Used to be you drag a stalker into the rats and then wait for them to get it half way and you start picking them off. Make them lose 20+ ped per atrox per every 5 min. That being just ammo not armor, healing, zipping, etc. The rig rats got it easy nowadays.

Wider area of no vehicles would be good, not so sure a turret is needed. Would be nice if it encompassed a radius 50-100m outside of the containers and bunkers that are around the perimeter of the oil rig.

Mob trains aren't that bad if people actually can "run", not drive, one in.

remove the vehicles in the pvp

trains.jpg

Trains are more fun when I'm not on the receiving end :D

This one is fun to watch

i didn't mind these day where you had to actually be someone to drag in a mob train, unlike today, where any random joe can do it

Back