Suggestion: All Air Vehicles Need to Move Faster

Significantly Increase Speed of Air/Space Vehicles?

• Total voters

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Good afternoon,

A quad-wing interceptor is the fastest of the relatively easily accessible air/space craft available, and is described as both a space ship and a jet. Yet it's top speed is about half the speed of an economy sedan in real life. Any minivan can outrun it, and some can double the speed as well. Why is it so slow?

Sleipnirs as well. Why so slow? I have ridden my bicycle faster than the top speed of a sleipnir.

Proposal: Double, if not triple, the max speed of ALL aircraft/spacecraft.

High end spacecraft such as privateers and motherships should also have additional attachments giving them significantly faster cruising speeds, as much as 5x what they currently can do.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

No atm since the system we have now can't handle the speed we have now. The faster a vehicle will go the faster the out-of-sync will come.

If the system will be able to handle higher speed in the future, yes pleas higher speeds on all vehicles but mostly on all air ones. ;)

Vehicles should be more like VEHICLES!! Oh gawd, this one of my pet peeves about EU. I mean wheels should grip on the road. Thrusters should thrust. Spaceports should port. "Vehicle not allowed" should be banned. When a vehicle hits the water it should float or sink NOT stick to the underwater surface. When a vehicle hits a mob or another vehicle it should HURT!! When a mounted weapon shoots it should ONE SHOT!! When a vehicle is spawned it should SPAWN, OMFG, the "Not suitable location" message is for PROGRAMMERS not PLAYERS. How did they get everything about vehicles so wrong?

I hope to all that is right and true that this is one of the things that is resolved in the new game engine. PLEASE don't let vehicles (and space) be an afterthought!!

Vehicles should be more like VEHICLES!! Oh gawd, this one of my pet peeves about EU. I mean wheels should grip on the road. Thrusters should thrust. Spaceports should port. "Vehicle not allowed" should be banned. When a vehicle hits the water it should float or sink NOT stick to the underwater surface. When a vehicle hits a mob or another vehicle it should HURT!! When a mounted weapon shoots it should ONE SHOT!! When a vehicle is spawned it should SPAWN, OMFG, the "Not suitable location" message is for PROGRAMMERS not PLAYERS. How did they get everything about vehicles so wrong?

I hope to all that is right and true that this is one of the things that is resolved in the new game engine. PLEASE don't let vehicles (and space) be an afterthought!!

I bought a quad thinking that it would be my all purpose vehicle. But the number of times I've been unable to spawn it because of a large piece of grass, or a small lump... So Infuriating.

To OPs question: I do think they should go faster. The world is so relatively small that they shouldn't double or triple though. It would make TP chips pointless ( unless I can't spawn my freaking quad still )

And the simplest vehicle should cost 100x the price of a gun; air vehicles should be 1000x; and space vehicles, 10000x. Just to make it real.

I agree with the OP. I’ve always thought it was silly that the aircraft are so slow, but the other posters are correct. It‘s a server issue. Probably never going to happen.

Agreed, but as mentioned, but we already suffer from the hellspawned de-scynd as soon as you reach certain speeds. RIP Downhill Saehrimninr

No, because when vehicles were first released MA probably had plans for a hierarchy of ships i.e. newer ones not yet released which would go faster. Some even bigger and slower. So they just have to carry out that plan and release faster ships as well as other ships which may be slower.

Agreed, but as mentioned, but we already suffer from the hellspawned de-scynd as soon as you reach certain speeds. RIP Downhill Saehrimninr

My Hoverboard Crapster sEdition (C,L) agrees. Would be nice if vehicles could go a little faster though...

Slower vehicles means more money for MA. You loose Pill Buff time, you have to use TP chip when you die, or the mob has more time to regen... and so on...

And the simplest vehicle should cost 100x the price of a gun; air vehicles should be 1000x; and space vehicles, 10000x. Just to make it real.
and to make it more really real lets add in engine problems and towing that cost 5000 Ped on planet and 50,000 Ped in space. Mechanics that cost even more, space worthiness certifications which of course are done only by the 1 person who loots UL Space Inspector Hat blueprint, cause only they guy wearing the Space Inspector hat can do the inspections at whatever stupid cost they decide. Then quad taxis can charges 250 Ped to go from Caly to Ark citing inspection fees as the reason.

Then of course there is insurance, license plates, parking tickets, stolen vehicles, accident and lawsuits !! yeah fun!! And now that we are polluting the planets there are environmental studies that need funding from the player base which results in forced upgrades that will suck power from the engines and put you right back to being slow :)

only good thing to come out of this is MA will open the first Interplanetary Hot Rod shop where you can buy mods to get power back at an even more insane cost and offer financing with a direct loans against your home or first born child's future RL earnings.

YA reality is what we really need :)

Servers don't handle speedy vehicles very well, that's true but only when traveling within the atmosphere, in space it's fine, faster quads and sleipnirs (maybe some other new spacecraft or thruster mk.2) will only make the game better since long space flights in these ships are boring.

Good afternoon,

A quad-wing interceptor is the fastest of the relatively easily accessible air/space craft available, and is described as both a space ship and a jet. Yet it's top speed is about half the speed of an economy sedan in real life. Any minivan can outrun it, and some can double the speed as well. Why is it so slow?

Sleipnirs as well. Why so slow? I have ridden my bicycle faster than the top speed of a sleipnir.

Proposal: Double, if not triple, the max speed of ALL aircraft/spacecraft.

High end spacecraft such as privateers and motherships should also have additional attachments giving them significantly faster cruising speeds, as much as 5x what they currently can do.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

I have also wondered why the speed is so slow on the flying vehicles.

Is it to push up the price of faster ones once they are released?
Is it to stop us from reaching our destination and using our peds?

I can't see the logic behind it so I'd love to have someone tell me, what the benefit of a slow flying vehicle in the game is.

Slower vehicles means more money for MA. You loose Pill Buff time, you have to use TP chip when you die, or the mob has more time to regen... and so on...
Ah, thanks
So they are slow to simply punish the players

Yeah... Good plan.....................

I cycle about 28 PED a minute, and in a few months I'll be cycling about 45 PED/minute. Slower vehicles means less money for MA because I'm losing a few PEC per minute from flying instead of a few PED per minute from shooting.

They move at this speed to balance the use of Teleport Chips.

Increasing the speed will render TP chips next to useless.

It's very well balanced on planet. In space, go ahead and increase it.

EDIT: I realize now even in space, changing this would unbalance the use of warp drives. It should probably be left as is everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, thanks
So they are slow to simply punish the players

Yeah... Good plan.....................
whole game is about punishing the players 😉

We could get around this balancing issue by introducing an afterburner attachment that doubles the speed when a key is pressed or something. This can decay or use a consumable and be a crafted item. So you pay dearly for the privilege. Maybe have it occupy the same spot as the space thruster, simplifying the implementation of the feature and also limiting its use to planet side travel only. Space should be left alone, it’s space, it should take a long time to cross it.
It could be a good middle ground between slow and cheap flying and expensive but quick TP chips.

We could get around this balancing issue by introducing an afterburner attachment that doubles the speed when a key is pressed or something. This can decay or use a consumable and be a crafted item. So you pay dearly for the privilege. Maybe have it occupy the same spot as the space thruster, simplifying the implementation of the feature and also limiting its use to planet side travel only. Space should be left alone, it’s space, it should take a long time to cross it.
It could be a good middle ground between slow and cheap flying and expensive but quick TP chips.
Could even be a sci-fi burner integrating teleportation technology and use TP chips in the crafting recipe. Or be used in coordination with a TP chip as a buffing effect.

This is all wondeful but currently the game engine / servers cannot allow the vehicles to go faster. I learnt this 10 years ago when I started playing

No atm since the system we have now can't handle the speed we have now. The faster a vehicle will go the faster the out-of-sync will come.

If the system will be able to handle higher speed in the future, yes pleas higher speeds on all vehicles but mostly on all air ones. ;)
exactly this.

Try driving a valk of a mountain. You can reach speeds over 100.
To bad the game cant handle this and will rubberband you back.

Voted yes, but I would like to add, that yes in space, otherwise they are fine.

And for love of god that does not exist, fix the faster speed issue in space. It's rather funny after all these years how you can see some pirate quads outrun you like you were driving a shopping cart in space!

It's rather funny after all these years how you can see some pirate quads outrun you like you were driving a shopping cart in space!

..and how do they do this?

Back